Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lost: Premieres TONIGHT on AXN!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 23, 2005 at 03:50 PM »
The first episode last week definitely hooked me on this show. Hope I don't miss an episode. Wouldn't want to shell out the dough for the first season dvd.  ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
Re: Lost on AXN
« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 05:31 PM »
I have to correct myself. After last night's episode, gusto ko na bilhin ang first season dvd. Taob ako sa storytelling!  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 06:01 PM »
I think this week's US episode was probably the best one so far... island life-wise. Jack's latest backstory was just really corny, but the main island plot really had me involved.

I get so invested in some shows that I really hate it when they kill off a major character...  :'(

(That's been announced in their press releases, so it's not really a spoiler since I didn't mention who, anyway...  ;))
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 02:42 AM »
I have to correct myself. After last night's episode, gusto ko na bilhin ang first season dvd. Taob ako sa storytelling!  ;D

Yup, last night's episode was great--the last 5 minutes were superb. I thought Locke was just a weirdo geek, but everything changed at the end. Who knew???  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 03:07 AM »
I think this week's US episode was probably the best one so far... island life-wise. Jack's latest backstory was just really corny, but the main island plot really had me involved.

I get so invested in some shows that I really hate it when they kill off a major character...  :'(

(That's been announced in their press releases, so it's not really a spoiler since I didn't mention who, anyway...  ;))

so sue me for watching too much ET... i inadvertently found out who got the axe. i wonder what's the background story here...  umalis kaya sya from the show or yung character nya was just simply written off by the producers?  :P

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #35 on: Apr 11, 2005 at 03:57 PM »
my first theory is they're on the bermuda triangle. pero some fansites have tons of other theories--french nuclear bomb experiment, magnetic field, aliene experiment...very intriguing

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 11, 2005 at 04:58 PM »
I personally thought they all died in the plane crash... those who actually died went "express" to Heaven or Hell, while those stuck on the island are in Purgatory. Those flashback backstories they show for the characters all seem to imply they have some sins in their past they need to make amends for.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2005 at 05:00 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 12, 2005 at 04:52 PM »
Dang! Read an article on CHUD about a character on Lost being cast in a horror movie set on an island. Inadvertently found out who's going to be killed off in the second season. Dang! Reminds me of the time I visited Fox' website just after 24 hit our shores, to find out more about the show. Of course, I learned that Jack's wife would die at the end of season 1.  :-\

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 15, 2005 at 01:38 PM »
An interesting fact I stumbled upon on ABC's Lost website about Evangeline Lilly who plays the smoldering Kate on the series

Lilly founded and ran a world development and human rights committee at her university. She has lived under a grass hut in the jungles of the Philippines with a missionary group, and has been a volunteer for children's projects since the age of 14.

Lilly is fluent in French and loves ice skating, canoeing, kayaking, snowboarding and rock climbing.

:o :o :o

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 01:08 PM »
Just recently finished a marathon viewing of Lost, up to episode 20. All I can say is that this is the best new TV series for me this year (so far).  I can't wait for the multi-part season finale. 8)

I'm curious how will the next season fare; someone here mentioned a theory about purgatory--that's the theory I also favor the most. My own theory, however, is that the whole thing is just Vincent's dream while he's sleeping in the cargo bay.  ;D

Hopefully J.J. Abrams doesn't destroy it like he's done with his previous series. I mean, if Milo Rambaldi shows up on the island, I will personally seek out J.J. and strangle him.
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2005 at 01:10 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline HomecomingQueeR

• Apprentice
  • Schadenfreude!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2005 at 04:39 PM »
Dang! Read an article on CHUD about a character on Lost being cast in a horror movie set on an island. Inadvertently found out who's going to be killed off in the second season. Dang! Reminds me of the time I visited Fox' website just after 24 hit our shores, to find out more about the show. Of course, I learned that Jack's wife would die at the end of season 1.  :-\

he dropped out of the project.

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005 at 07:02 PM »
Josh Holloway is 1 lucky dude. His character got the 1st kiss on Evangeline's lips and the way he kissed,  >:( :'(.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005 at 03:35 PM »
getting more mysterious... French lady is alive and weird things continue to happen...  :o

finally, Sawyer is coming around and is trying to be more sociable...  ;D

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005 at 11:20 PM »
Managed to watch until episode #22; great stuff that showed the aftermath of the important events that happened in episode #20, and ominously builds towards the season finale.

But skip episode #21; it's just a recap episode that showed nothing new, just stuff already previously aired. IMO this episode was totally unnecessary and a waste of one hour. It's like they needed to stall the finale by stringing recycled footage, added some narration, then calling it "Lost: The Journey".  >:(

Btw, I have a new theory: island monster = Vincent?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005 at 11:23 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2005 at 02:14 AM »
The first few chapters are exciting but as the series go on....I got distracted as we have to wait too long to find out what's hapening next (where are the monsters??)  ;D   Overall, still a nice series :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005 at 02:15 AM by pchin »

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2005 at 08:25 AM »
But skip episode #21; it's just a recap episode that showed nothing new, just stuff already previously aired. IMO this episode was totally unnecessary and a waste of one hour. It's like they needed to stall the finale by stringing recycled footage, added some narration, then calling it "Lost: The Journey". >:(

Btw, I have a new theory: island monster = Vincent? ;D

That wasn't technically the 21st episode; rather, it was a Lost special (akin to the Desperate Housewives special, also aired after the 20th episode) to let those who missed the earlier episodes catch up. :)

Offline d00dZ

• Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
Evangeline Lilly is so hottt!  :o :o :o

This thread's subject is "Lost on AXN", but I noticed you guys are talking about the updated episodes as aired in the US. So in that note I guess this would be my last visit in this thread to keep myself spoiler-free since this is the only show I really look forward to watching on AXN everyweek hehe.  ;D

Peace!  ;)
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2005 at 01:04 PM »
It's also tempting to get the complete season 1 series....but after thinking it over I rather wait & watch it thru the TV....teh suspense is killing!!  ;D

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2005 at 01:21 PM »
I think most of what is happening to the island has something to do with the spanish comic book the black kid is reading...
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2005 at 05:30 PM »
There have been theories:) The strongest evidence being the polar bear.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
LOST : Season Finale
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2005 at 07:03 AM »
A Lot of Questions again were left in this Puzzling Season Finale.

Another Character/Survivor Died.. Blown Up?

There were closer looks on the "So Called Monsters" in Lost Island, What are they?

Whoa... whats with the introduction of "Others".. How can they have a motorboat with them?

The Hatch!, The Hatch!, The Hatch is Open!

The Hobbit is back in Heroine?

What will happen with the black dude,korean dude, sawyer after left out without their sail

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
Re: LOST : Season Finale
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2005 at 08:35 AM »
A Lot of Questions again were left in this Puzzling Season Finale.
So frustrated isn't it....perhaps the answers can be found in the next season?  :P

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2005 at 10:11 AM »
The season finale really annoyed me. NONE of the questions initially in your mind were answered, and they just added even more unanswered questions.

Buti pa "Desperate Housewives," at least they solved most of the major plot holes before creating new dilemmas for next season.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005 at 10:14 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2005 at 10:40 AM »
The season finale really annoyed me...

I think thats why it was entitled "LOST" ... It just got us more LOST  :-\
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005 at 10:17 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2005 at 03:19 PM »
I think you guys should remember that this is Lost on AXN and not "Lost as downloaded from the Internet".

Please make your own thread.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: Lost
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2005 at 09:46 PM »
Oh, sorry! This thread was actually just called "Lost", and it was me who changed it to "Lost: Coming Soon to AXN" and subsequently "Lost on AXN" purely to bring attention to its Asian premiere. My bad, sorry. I reverted it to its original more generic old title, since the person who started the thread himself has also mentioned watching episodes more recent than those shown on AXN.

Sorry about that. I didn't realize my post mentioned any actual spoilers - just my frustration with the finale, but I really should've still enclosed it in spoiler tags, since that in itself was a spoiler pala. I modified my earlier post to incorporate spoiler tags. Sorry, a little too late, but it's the best I can do.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005 at 10:31 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2005 at 11:53 PM »
I can't stand Charlie, Claire and Kate, 3 of the most pointless characters on the show. >:D

My favorite is Vincent, who I still think is Lostzilla, heh

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2005 at 01:59 PM »
I can't stand Charlie, Claire and Kate, 3 of the most pointless characters on the show.

Really? Even Kate?

You really think Boone's sister Shannon has a greater point on the show than any of these three?  ;D

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2005 at 10:14 PM »
Really? Even Kate?

You really think Boone's sister Shannon has a greater point on the show than any of these three?  ;D

They should stop showng all those Kate flashbacks, it's making her character more unlikeable instead of the opposite. Just read an article on Entertainment Weekly about Kate, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who stopped liking her after her 3rd flashback. (Warning to AXN viewers, the EW article is filled with spoilers, so read it at your own risk)

As for Shannon, she has more character than the wuss duo of Charlie and Claire put together, but's that's just my opinion.  Plus, she has Lostzilla now, oops...  ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jun 16, 2005 at 09:35 PM »
A few (official) Lost-related websites to keep you entertained. Click around them, they're quite... revealing, on careful examination.

http://i-am-lost.com

http://www.oceanic-air.com

http://www.driveshaftband.com/

And one non-fiction site:

http://www.thefuselage.com/threaded/