Author Topic: Who made it?  (Read 11102 times)

Offline renato

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who made it?
« on: Sep 26, 2004 at 05:23 PM »
I thought it would be useful to start a thread where we can post  our inquiries on local films -- descriptions of films we can barely remember, cast and crew details, release dates, trivia, theatrical aspect ratios, whodunit, etc...

Feel free to post your answers and inquiries....
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2004 at 03:14 PM by renato requiestas »

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
Re: Who Made it?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2004 at 11:41 AM »
Hijacked this from the local remakes thread . . .

. . . anybody seen these?

Two Chiquito movies:

One in which he's accused of being a rapist  and he defends himself by flashbacking to a war movie where we find out just why he couldn't possibly be the rapist

and

another where he sings a duet of Something Stupid (?) with the severed head of Eva Reyes(?).

Offline renato

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2004 at 01:33 PM »

Two Chiquito movies:

One in which he's accused of being a rapist  and he defends himself by flashbacking to a war movie where we find out just why he couldn't possibly be the rapist

I've seen this one a couple of times when I was a kid, I can't remember the title too...

Chiquito seems to have starred in a lot of weird comedies during his day, they're not quite black comedies, they're dark brown.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2004 at 09:37 PM »

Two Chiquito movies:

and

another where he sings a duet of Something Stupid (?) with the severed head of Eva Reyes(?).

was it TACIO or TAKBO PETER TAKBO X?

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 05:22 AM »

Two Chiquito movies:

and

the Chiquito movie in which he sang a duet with Eva Reyes' severed head was Ulong Pugot... Naglalagot. the one where he was accused of rape was Takbo, Peter, Takbo!

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 06:17 PM »
There's this old 1960's movie that's a favorite of mine: Dance-O-Rama. I remember watching this almost everyday when it was shown in the afternoons on GMA-7, because it was hilarious.

The movie was truly cheesy, but that's what made it fun--hammy acting, musical numbers, and lots of dancing, because it involved a TV dance show. Plus, it also looked like it was fun to live back in the sixties.

It had Susan Roces & Jose Mari Gonzales as the leads, plus Rosemarie and lots of other stars of that era who I can't remember but their faces were familiar--who were they? Btw, is this movie available on tape or for sale anywhere?
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2004 at 06:18 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 07:37 PM »
There's this old 1960's movie that's a favorite of mine: Dance-O-Rama. I remember watching this almost everyday when it was shown in the afternoons on GMA-7, because it was hilarious.

The movie was truly cheesy, but that's what made it fun--hammy acting, musical numbers, and lots of dancing, because it involved a TV dance show. Plus, it also looked like it was fun to live back in the sixties.

It had Susan Roces & Jose Mari Gonzales as the leads, plus Rosemarie and lots of other stars of that era who I can't remember but their faces were familiar--who were they? Btw, is this movie available on tape or for sale anywhere?

most of the other stars in the movie were from Star '66... like Blanca Gomez, Edgar Salcedo, Ramil Rodriguez, Loretta Marquez and others. i'm not quite sure if Dance-O-Rama is available on video but you can check www.kabayancentral.com or the Sampaguita Pictures website. they maybe a bit pricey but hey, if you're a huge fan of the movie then it's worth adding to your video collection.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2004 at 07:41 PM by Jojo Devera »

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 11:14 AM »
Someone asked me this and i had no answer, would anyone know who produced the movie "Patikim ng Pinya"?  I think this is an Osang movie right? Regal Maybe?
"God brings men to deep waters not to drown but to cleanse them"

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 05:42 PM »
Someone asked me this and i had no answer, would anyone know who produced the movie "Patikim ng Pinya"?  I think this is an Osang movie right? Regal Maybe?

it was indeed an Osang movie... Patikim Ng Pinya was produced by Seiko Films and directed by Abbo de la Cruz who used the pseudonym Rico Mambo.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 08:11 PM »
most of the other stars in the movie were from Star '66... like Blanca Gomez, Edgar Salcedo, Ramil Rodriguez, Loretta Marquez and others. i'm not quite sure if Dance-O-Rama is available on video but you can check www.kabayancentral.com or the Sampaguita Pictures website. they maybe a bit pricey but hey, if you're a huge fan of the movie then it's worth adding to your video collection.

Cool! Thanks for the info; went to the sites you mentioned and Dance-O-Rama is indeed being sold on the Sampaguita Pictures website--rather pricey though, but I'll have to think about it...

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 01:24 PM »
Here are a couple:

--> The Snooky Serna move where she transforms into a snake (!)

--> The Viva produced movie Starring Vilma, Christopher and Lorna. It was partly shot in Baguio where Vilma and Christopher attend a business conference. In one scene, Vilma, aboard her chauffer driven Mercedes-Benz 123, spots Boyet punching a pine tree in anger thereby bloodying his fists.

--> Another Viva movie starring Sharon, Christopher, Cherie Gil and Armida Siguion Reyna. Again, partly shot in Baguio.

--> This Vilma, Christopher movie also starring Romeo Vasquez and Rosemarie Gil. Shot in the States.

« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2004 at 01:31 PM by RMN »

Offline renato

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 01:39 PM »
Here are a couple:

I'm not really sure, but I think it's Madonna ang Babaeng Ahas with Eric Quizon.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2004 at 03:21 PM by renato requiestas »

Offline renato

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 01:44 PM »

I think this movie gets shown at Cinema One, they usually show black and white movies every 5:30 am(Rewind).Nice surf music soundtrack, i remember.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 05:51 PM »
Here are a couple:

--> The Viva produced movie Starring Vilma, Christopher and Lorna. It was partly shot in Baguio where Vilma and Christopher attend a business conference. In one scene, Vilma, aboard her chauffer driven Mercedes-Benz 123, spots Boyet punching a pine tree in anger thereby bloodying his fists.

--> Another Viva movie starring Sharon, Christopher, Cherie Gil and Armida Siguion Reyna. Again, partly shot in Baguio
--> This Vilma, Christopher movie also starring Romeo Vasquez and Rosemarie Gil. Shot in the States.

the Viva movie with Vilma, Boyet & Lorna shot in Baguio was Sinasamba Kita directed by Eddie Garcia...
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2004 at 05:02 AM by Jojo Devera »

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 11:19 PM »

Gusto Kita, Mahal Ko Siya (1980), directed by Emmanuel H. Borlaza, produced by Tagalog Ilang-ilang Productions.

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 04:27 PM »

it was indeed an Osang movie... Patikim Ng Pinya was produced by Seiko Films and directed by Abbo de la Cruz who used the pseudonym Rico Mambo.

Galing nyo sir! Salamat! How long ago was this film tagal na nito, very controversial ito dati diba? This was the start or the peak of the release of many adult productions during that time.
"God brings men to deep waters not to drown but to cleanse them"

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 01:33 PM »

the Chiquito movie in which he sang a duet with Eva Reyes' severed head was Ulong Pugot... Naglalagot. the one where he was accused of rape was Takbo, Peter, Takbo!

Oh man, thanks for the info, Jojo. Been tracking the title of these two down for years. Now the only problem is finding these films. Hehe, if you know the twist in the tale of the latter, then that title's actually quite sly and clever. ;D

Offline renato

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 07:38 PM »
Who directed the religious-prop horror film called Hinugot sa Dilim?
It stars Audie Gemora, Mari Kaimo, and Caridad Sanchez.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2004 at 03:22 PM by renato requiestas »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 09:10 PM »

Oh man, thanks for the info, Jojo. Been tracking the title of these two down for years. Now the only problem is finding these films. Hehe, if you know the twist in the tale of the latter, then that title's actually quite sly and clever. ;D

Takbo, Peter, Takbo was hilarious and scary....the late Chiquito was chase by a bunch of vampires only to find out in the end that it was only a dream..... ;D

its been shown on channel 13 many, many years ago repeatedly at primetime.

Jo any info on who directed Elektrika Kasi eh?  :)

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 10:45 AM »

Takbo, Peter, Takbo was hilarious and scary....the late Chiquito was chase by a bunch of vampires only to find out in the end that it was only a dream..... ;D

its been shown on channel 13 many, many years ago repeatedly at primetime.

Jo any info on who directed Elektrika Kasi eh?  :)

Elektirka Kasi, Eh! was directed by Danny Cabreira for Lyra Ventures... like you i enjoyed watching this film so much. it's so campy. who can forget Chanda Romero & her mirror? Cloyd Robinson as Sprikitik reprising his role from Zoom, Zoom Superman! & Orestes Ojeda with Trixia Gomez playing the title role.  :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 03:48 PM »

Elektirka Kasi, Eh! was directed by Danny Cabreira for Lyra Ventures... like you i enjoyed watching this film so much. it's so campy. who can forget Chanda Romero & her mirror? Cloyd Robinson as Sprikitik reprising his role from Zoom, Zoom Superman! & Orestes Ojeda with Trixia Gomez playing the title role.  :)

The costume of Trixia Gomez looks like pang-manang.....shoulder sleeve so big..... ;D....and Angie Ferro was also cast in this weird & most surreal Filipino flick of all time....

thanks again Jo for the info..... :)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 03:49 PM by keating »

Offline El Zar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #21 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 05:48 PM »
Anybody see Ninjakul ? Was it a Chiquito flick ?

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 08:52 AM »

The costume of Trixia Gomez looks like pang-manang.....shoulder sleeve so big..... ;D....and Angie Ferro was also cast in this weird & most surreal Filipino flick of all time....

thanks again Jo for the info..... :)

Keating... do you remember how she turns into Elektrika?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 12:27 PM »

Keating... do you remember how she turns into Elektrika?

can't recall Jo....she has a V-shaped agimat just like ISIS that can transform her into Elektrika and yeah I remember Chanda's magic mirror against her....

also the scene at the house where three alien landed and went inside....Angie Ferro was tied upside down in circular motion ala-Spin A win.... ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2004 at 12:38 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 06:02 PM »

can't recall Jo....she has a V-shaped agimat just like ISIS that can transform her into Elektrika and yeah I remember Chanda's magic mirror against her....

also the scene at the house where three alien landed and went inside....Angie Ferro was tied upside down in circular motion ala-Spin A win.... ;D

was it V-shaped? akala ko E!  ;D... i remember the line that Chanda uttered in the film... "ay ang sinag ng fresh breath ko!" taken from a popular toothpaste commercial in the late 70's.

i do remember that alien scene with Angie Ferro... i'm dying to watch this film again.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 06:10 PM »
I'm dying to see this one also (Elektrika) along with Patayin sa sindak si Barbara the Celso Ad Castillo flick...

its V-shaped Jo as far as I can remember....I'm in grade 2 when I saw this one on channel 13 way way back many many years ago.....wala na kong matandaan na dialogue in that movie....you're lucky still remember that line!  ;D

that alien scene with Angie Ferro.... God.....the weirdest scene I ever saw in the history of Philippine cinema.....

and Elektrika's other villain was Ernie Garcia with snake on his head..... ;D

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: Who made it?
« Reply #26 on: Dec 06, 2004 at 04:08 PM »
Who directed Buhay Mo, Buhay Ko   starring Eddie GArcia, Pilar Pilapil and Elizabeth Oropesa?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Feb 07, 2005 at 08:52 PM »
was it V-shaped? akala ko E!  ;D... i remember the line that Chanda uttered in the film... "ay ang sinag ng fresh breath ko!" taken from a popular toothpaste commercial in the late 70's.

i do remember that alien scene with Angie Ferro... i'm dying to watch this film again.

Maybe we can ask the SOFIA (Society of Film Archivist) to unearth this cult classic Pinoy Flick.   :) ;D

Offline renato

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 02:18 PM »
Has anyone seen a movie called Guni-guni o Katotohanan? I saw the box cover art in one of those rental stores in Daly City a while back and it seems very interesting.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 09:43 PM »
Has anyone seen a movie called Guni-guni o Katotohanan? I saw the box cover art in one of those rental stores in Daly City a while back and it seems very interesting.

Guni-guni was also the title of a tv show back in the 70's on channel 7. It gives me creeps everytime I see the opening credits of that show and I ask my mom always to change the channel of the tv.  :o