Author Topic: Who made it?  (Read 11101 times)

Offline renato

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Who made it?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 04:41 PM »
Guni-guni was also the title of a tv show back in the 70's on channel 7. It gives me creeps everytime I see the opening credits of that show and I ask my mom always to change the channel of the tv.  :o

I'm not sure if it's from a TV show but it seems like an omnibus horror movie, parang Shake, Rattle and Roll although I don't recognize any of the actors. By the way, the trailer for Tata Esteban's Salamangkero used to scare the heck out of me whe I was still a kid. I hope i get to see that movie too.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 05:05 PM »
I'm not sure if it's from a TV show but it seems like an omnibus horror movie, parang Shake, Rattle and Roll although I don't recognize any of the actors. By the way, the trailer for Tata Esteban's Salamangkero used to scare the heck out of me whe I was still a kid. I hope i get to see that movie too.

Was it LANGIT, LUPA at IMPIYERNO with Susan Roces or MALIGNO? I think only Jojo and Noel can answer it.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2005 at 04:31 PM »
Was it LANGIT, LUPA at IMPIYERNO with Susan Roces or MALIGNO? I think only Jojo and Noel can answer it.

would it be Gabi Ng Lagim? it was also re-made in the 80's as Gabi Ng Lagim Ngayon with Charito Solis, Alma Moreno and Rio Locsin. the only difference would be the original was handled by three directors whereas the remake was only directed by Cirio H. Santiago.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 11:19 AM »
would it be Gabi Ng Lagim? it was also re-made in the 80's as Gabi Ng Lagim Ngayon with Charito Solis, Alma Moreno and Rio Locsin. the only difference would be the original was handled by three directors whereas the remake was only directed by Cirio H. Santiago.

I didn't know that GABI NG LAGIM NGAYON was trilogy Jojo. We had the beta tape of this but couldn't save it anymore because of the molds.

Man you should really write a piece about the Filipino films from the 70's and 80's.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2005 at 11:22 AM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 05:28 PM »
I didn't know that GABI NG LAGIM NGAYON was trilogy Jojo. We had the beta tape of this but couldn't save it anymore because of the molds.

Man you should really write a piece about the Filipino films from the 70's and 80's.

it wasn't a trilogy Keating, it only had two episodes like Peque Gallaga's Hiwaga sa Balete Drive ... i thought the episode with Charito Solis playing a retired abortionist (this was five years before she tackled the same role in Bernal's Hinugot Sa Langit) being haunted by the ghost of Rio Locsin (who ended up playing a similar role two years later in Haplos) and the babies that she aborted was really creepy. the cinematography by Ricardo Remias gave the film that certain eerie feeling. it really gave me goosebumps. the one with Alma Moreno where she played a woman possesed by an evil spirit ala The Exorcist, where different sorts of puss, cockroaches & other insects were coming out of her skin was nauseating enough to make me throw up hehehe... it reminded me so much of the Ruffa Gutierrez episode in Shake, Rattle & Roll Part V.

Offline renato

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 06:20 PM »
Thanks Keating, Jojo. I'll try to rent the movie if i ever find myself in Daly City again. The store I reffered to upthread-- Linda's Groceries, has thousands of old Filipino movies, but I think that half of their catalog is either lost or moldy. I think I even saw a copy of Brocka's Wanted:Perfect Mother there.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 06:23 PM »
it wasn't a trilogy Keating, it only had two episodes like Peque Gallaga's Hiwaga sa Balete Drive ... i thought the episode with Charito Solis playing a retired abortionist (this was five years before she tackled the same role in Bernal's Hinugot Sa Langit) being haunted by the ghost of Rio Locsin (who ended up playing a similar role two years later in Haplos) and the babies that she aborted was really creepy. the cinematography by Ricardo Remias gave the film that certain eerie feeling. it really gave me goosebumps. the one with Alma Moreno where she played a woman possesed by an evil spirit ala The Exorcist, where different sorts of puss, cockroaches & other insects were coming out of her skin was nauseating enough to make me throw up hehehe... it reminded me so much of the Ruffa Gutierrez episode in Shake, Rattle & Roll Part V.

It was a twin biller pala.....it was an all star cast right Jo?

Yeah I remember the late Charito Solis as the abortionist, Chanda Romero and Mark Gil as the couple with their son in the house where in the end the ghosts of the babies aborted by Charito Solis appeared........creepy.

The episode with Alma was scary also......that "barang" thing where all sorts of insects came out in her body......first ba tayo dito Jo.....remember wala pa CGI nun!

Who directed it Jo?
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2005 at 06:25 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 08:35 PM »
Thanks Keating, Jojo. I'll try to rent the movie if i ever find myself in Daly City again. The store I reffered to upthread-- Linda's Groceries, has thousands of old Filipino movies, but I think that half of their catalog is either lost or moldy. I think I even saw a copy of Brocka's Wanted:Perfect Mother there.

you're welcome Renato! i was in Daly City last year and there are some video stores which carried old Filipino films. last i heard though, Cubes closed shop and i loved Gerry's video. it was there that i was able to buy a copy of White Slavery...
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2005 at 08:36 PM by Jojo Devera »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 08:40 PM »
It was a twin biller pala.....it was an all star cast right Jo?

Yeah I remember the late Charito Solis as the abortionist, Chanda Romero and Mark Gil as the couple with their son in the house where in the end the ghosts of the babies aborted by Charito Solis appeared........creepy.

The episode with Alma was scary also......that "barang" thing where all sorts of insects came out in her body......first ba tayo dito Jo.....remember wala pa CGI nun!

Who directed it Jo?

it was an all-star cast... Premiere Productions produced the movie for it's 25th anniversary in 1980.  i do think that Gabi Ng Lagim Ngayon was the first ... most of the films' special effects were created manually and the prosthetics were created by the great Nita Manahan. as much as the movie had big named stars in it it was a dismal flop at the box office.

Mark Gil played Charito's son and Chanda Romero was his wife. while Al Tantay played Alma Moreno's husband in the first episode, both directed by Cirio H. Santiago.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jun 03, 2005 at 05:49 PM »
Jojo was the original GABI NG LAGIM produced by LVN or Sampaguita Pictures? It was all star cast but I cant remember anymore the memorable scene there.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jun 03, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
Jojo was the original GABI NG LAGIM produced by LVN or Sampaguita Pictures? It was all star cast but I cant remember anymore the memorable scene there.

it was produced by Premeire Productions and was directed by Cirio H. Santiago & Cesar "Chat" Gallardo...

yeah it had an all star cast. as a matter of fact even deposed President Joseph Estrada was in the one of the episodes....

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • born to love NORA AUNOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jun 03, 2005 at 06:43 PM »
Grabe ka Jojo, ang galing-galing me.  I have this movie in mind na talagang gave me the creeps nu'ng maliit pa ako.  It stars Babalu na medyo dramatic ang role.  Ang ending niya, he has this candle na dapat hindi maupos otherwise mamatay at mawawala na siya sa mundo.  Parang he was given special powers then umabuso siya.  Basta takot na takot ako sa movie na ito lalo na 'yung huling mga shots na dahan-dahan nang nauupos ang kandila and pumapalahaw ng iyak si Babalu.  Would you know this movie Jojo?   ???

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Who Made it?
« Reply #42 on: Aug 15, 2006 at 10:00 PM »
was it V-shaped? akala ko E!  ;D... i remember the line that Chanda uttered in the film... "ay ang sinag ng fresh breath ko!" taken from a popular toothpaste commercial in the late 70's.

i do remember that alien scene with Angie Ferro... i'm dying to watch this film again.

From the depths of my memory, the brilliant Celia Rodriguez was one of the villains also in this flick. She sports an Egyptian costume that can beat Isis, and do you remember Jimmy Santos as the mummy inside the house of Dr. Sprikitik chasing Trixia Gomez?  ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2006 at 10:02 PM by keating »

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 15, 2006 at 10:30 PM »
There's this old 1960's movie that's a favorite of mine: Dance-O-Rama. I remember watching this almost everyday when it was shown in the afternoons on GMA-7, because it was hilarious.

The movie was truly cheesy, but that's what made it fun--hammy acting, musical numbers, and lots of dancing, because it involved a TV dance show. Plus, it also looked like it was fun to live back in the sixties.

It had Susan Roces & Jose Mari Gonzales as the leads, plus Rosemarie and lots of other stars of that era who I can't remember but their faces were familiar--who were they? Btw, is this movie available on tape or for sale anywhere?

OH MAN!!! WHERE CAN I HAVE A COPY OF THIS?

This is my all time favorite cheesiest and campiest all-star movie from the '60s. It was a casting coup featuring the biggest stars of Sampaguita Pictures. I remember the Elephant dance in Manila Zoo, the singing and whistling while riding motorbikes and the fun part, the STUPIDITY of the entire plot! 10 boys instantly falling for 10 girls at their very first meeting, like each pair was predestined to be partners!! No bloody fight or argument over a boy or girl hahahaha!!!  ;D

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 16, 2006 at 02:54 PM »
Here are a couple:

--> Another Viva movie starring Sharon, Christopher, Cherie Gil and Armida Siguion Reyna. Again, partly shot in Baguio.

"KAILAN SASABIHING MAHAL KITA" (1985)

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 16, 2006 at 02:57 PM »
Does anybody here have already seen the Janice de Belen and Julie Vega flick, "Flor de Liza"? What's the story all about?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 16, 2006 at 08:20 PM »
ELEKTRIKA, KASI EH blends perfectly comic and fantasy surrealism in one movie. Her power comes from her hand beaming rays of light that can electrify any of her enemies.

I wonder who did the hilarious and strange production design? Mel Chionglo? 

Its one hell of a movie that you'll die from laughing!  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2006 at 08:23 PM by keating »