Author Topic: Which way to go, analog or digital?  (Read 24327 times)

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Which way to go, analog or digital?
« Reply #60 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 01:05 PM »
i'm a balimbing on this issue.......

.......analog or digital? no way, as far as i'm concerned. it should be analog AND digital.

;D

analog or digital? both!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 11:42 AM »
I've cast my hobby entirely to digital.

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 08:24 PM »
Would be nice to have both analog and digital.. listening to LP always bring back old memories talaga.. cguro the ceremonias in LP is the addicting factor or the search for hard to find LP give them thrills that analog fanatics love while convenience and latest gears naman for digital..
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2004 at 08:26 PM by hans adriane »

Offline andaleon

• Collector
  • Music You Can Feel, See and Almost Touch.
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 09:45 PM »
I would like to say it again:

If you are starting, it would be wiser to start an all digital system.

If you have inhereted or have in your possession a good analog collection, go ahead and invest in a good analog playback.

Imagine yourself as having this classic car, it runs on CARBURATOR.  But if I am buying a new car, I would be looking for one with FUEL INJECTION.

If you budget limits to a choice of ONLY one-----go digital. If you can afford to have both, the better! The problem with this is that one tends to compromise one form as resources are pumped into another form. Unless, you have unlimited funds....

If you have kids and other members of the family who wants to enjoy elevated sense of listening but not as hard core as we are--- it's safer to go digital.

If you want to have your cake and  eat it too- ---go for the convenience of digital.

If you love the ritual of playing the grove and the hunt for that elusive vinyl ---go analog
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2004 at 10:46 PM by andaleon »

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:34 AM »
I would like to say it again:
If you are starting, it would be wiser to start an all digital system.
If you have inhereted or have in your possession a good analog collection, go ahead and invest in a good analog playback...

i would agree with this, except i have to be practical too. i'm not going to invest more on analog if the cost is too high. what i'm doing now is maintain my collection, maybe add a few more if these wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and enjoy both formats. again, that's "as far as i'm concerned."
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • used to be audioslave but now a fotoslave
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 09:08 AM »
i've chosen the digital path again  ;D  >:D

they claim that SACDs' DSD bit streams resemble the analog waveform and DSD sound are remarkably like analog. i'll stake my future adventures to find out if this is truly indeed.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2004 at 09:18 AM by audioslave »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 10:11 AM »
I've read on the net that the new lossless DTS format for HD-DVD has been accepted by the DVD-Consortium.  Am trying to recall the site, must be at audiohlics.com.  Lossless DTS is touted to replace both DVD-A and SACD.  Morever, it is expected to bring the audio levels of movies to lossless compression quality. 

For those who have cast their lots on digital, like I have, expect to see the obsolescence of your equipment at a fast rate.  Maybe at least 2 years which is just fine for SARS-beaten nuts like me.   ;D

Offline doughn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • sleepyhead
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #67 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 12:31 AM »
for me DIGITAL..   why??

1. dvds, watching ht in dts or dd not in (stereo :P)
2. ipod and archos (music portability)  vs. analog walkman
3. cds vs. vinyl (popcorn) but i also have a tt
4. minidisc vs. cassette tape (no match)

just me

7.2.4 system
Focal
Marantz
Epson
SVS
Elitescreen
Velodyne
Xbox1S
Nvidia
Berkline
Logitech
QED
Kimb

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #68 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 07:02 AM »
Digital is what i have now -- it needs additional bucks for building an analog setup that aims principally only to bring back the sound of yesteryears that are not even necessarily better.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline odyopayl

• DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 12:49 PM »
For me Digital is the way to go, analog is just a sort of collection & status symbol as an audiophile. With the blu-ray technology SACD DVDA-A DSD and the availability of XRCD24, i-POD can't hide the fact the we are already on digital age.  This doesn't mean digital is better than the Analog, everything is a matter of storage, everything is getting smaller with higher capacity medium, lighter, thinner accessable......ease of use....plug & play........remote control......whew! Sometimes we need to look back to the "mother of all audio sources" in order to know what music is .....Old School! men
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2005 at 12:51 PM by odyopayl »
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #70 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:06 PM »
kung hindi na mapakali sa plaka, TT, at sa cart at needle, posible yan sinabi mo na status symbol. eh paano kapag bumili na ng mga digital weight scale, laser guided alignment tool etc. ano na kaya ang tawag dun? eh di audiophile diba?  ;D

honestly, maganda ang analog. sa mga may analog, wag nyo naman inaapi ang mga naka digital, maganda din naman digital eh.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 01:19 PM »
For me Digital is the way to go, analog is just a sort of collection & status symbol as an audiophile.

If you have the money to spend. Then by all means, go spend on the "meanest" rig money can get, but that doesn't  necessarily mean that it's just for status quo whenever you go analog.  ;)

How much is decent digital front-end that can decode HDCD, XRCD or SACD? 16K to 30K, right?.. How much is a decent entry level TT. 5k to 14k. Now add another 8k for an entry level phonostage.

Software???.... How much is a mint impt lp? Php200 to Php350.  How much is a local lp? 3 for Php 100, vg to nm pa condition.  Now how much is an impt cd and a local cd? Yung orig ha! Hindi pi@at$d, ha.  ;D "Do the math" and tell if its status quo or not.  8)

Am not telling that its better than the other format but it's a matter of one's choice on whether which way to go. Why am I more into analog? I love the sound and the thrill of finding those elusive titles, that I like to listen to, and were never pressed into cds.  ;) Ticks and pops, sheeeeesh!!!!!!!..................... as long as you properly clean your lps and a correctly aligned stylus, you won't get these.  ;D   

Convenience, well for sure digital is the way to go, no doubt about it. Hands up ako dyan. That's why I never completely abandoned digital.

Soundwise, mas type ko analog, eh. Ano magagawa ng iba,diba?  >:D ;D ;D But that does not mean, it's for status quo. Don't be afraid. Go ask each one who's into analog for their reasons.  ;) :) ;D

kung hindi na mapakali sa plaka, TT, at sa cart at needle, posible yan sinabi mo na status symbol.

Hmmmm.......... ::)  Mas mura kasi pag align ng cart, pag palit ng cart o pag bili ng bagong lp kesa sa pagpalit ng cdp.  ;D ;D ;D.  If one buys those mega buck rigs and just displays it on his rack and still uses his cdp then that is what we should call status quo. Di mapakali sa lp, di mapakali sa cart at di mapakali sa TT.  Each one has its own sonic characteristics just like amps, preamps, capacitors, circuits, etc...... A rega bias cart definitely sounds different from a shure m-447 cart. Now and if properly implementend on an amp or preamp circuit, does an amp or preamp with auricaps sound different from the ones with only raon parts?.... ;)

eh paano kapag bumili na ng mga digital weight scale, laser guided alignment tool etc. ano na kaya ang tawag dun? eh di audiophile diba?  ;D

Tawag dun?  ::) ::) Marami siyang pera (masipag at marunong lang siya sa buhay kaya maraming pera  ;D ) But seriously, again that does not mean status quo, diba??.......  One does not really have to spend so much when going into analog.  It's just that you have to be wise in buying your equipment para hindi ma loko ng mga tao at mga brands.  ;) . Parang amp at preamp lang yan, pwedeng DIY, pwedeng branded o pwede rin vintage. ;D ;D

honestly, maganda ang analog. sa mga may analog, wag nyo naman inaapi ang mga naka digital, maganda din naman digital eh.  ;D ;D ;D

May nang-aapi ba? Wala naman, ah. Nasa interpretasyon nalang ng reader yun kung inaapi siya ::) Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!...............  ;D ;D ;D ;D

just my opinion.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 03:30 PM by kimpao »

Offline odyopayl

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 05:39 PM »
If you have the money to spend. Then by all means, go spend on the "meanest" rig money can get, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's just for status quo whenever you go analog. ;)

How much is decent digital front-end that can decode HDCD, XRCD or SACD? 16K to 30K, right?.. How much is a decent entry level TT. 5k to 14k. Now add another 8k for an entry level phonostage.

Software???.... How much is a mint impt lp? Php200 to Php350. How much is a local lp? 3 for Php 100, vg to nm pa condition. Now how much is an impt cd and a local cd? Yung orig ha! Hindi pi@at$d, ha. ;D "Do the math" and tell if its status quo or not. 8)

Am not telling that its better than the other format but it's a matter of one's choice on whether which way to go. Why am I more into analog? I love the sound and the thrill of finding those elusive titles, that I like to listen to, and were never pressed into cds. ;) Ticks and pops, sheeeeesh!!!!!!!..................... as long as you properly clean your lps and a correctly aligned stylus, you won't get these. ;D

Convenience, well for sure digital is the way to go, no doubt about it. Hands up ako dyan. That's why I never completely abandoned digital.

Soundwise, mas type ko analog, eh. Ano magagawa ng iba,diba? >:D ;D ;D But that does not mean, it's for status quo. Don't be afraid. Go ask each one who's into analog for their reasons. ;) :) ;D

Hmmmm.......... ::) Mas mura kasi pag align ng cart, pag palit ng cart o pag bili ng bagong lp kesa sa pagpalit ng cdp. ;D ;D ;D. If one buys those mega buck rigs and just displays it on his rack and still uses his cdp then that is what we should call status quo. Di mapakali sa lp, di mapakali sa cart at di mapakali sa TT. Each one has its own sonic characteristics just like amps, preamps, capacitors, circuits, etc...... A rega bias cart definitely sounds different from a shure m-447 cart. Now and if properly implementend on an amp or preamp circuit, does an amp or preamp with auricaps sound different from the ones with only raon parts?.... ;)

Tawag dun? ::) ::) Marami siyang pera (masipag at marunong lang siya sa buhay kaya maraming pera ;D ) But seriously, again that does not mean status quo, diba??....... One does not really have to spend so much when going into analog. It's just that you have to be wise in buying your equipment para hindi ma loko ng mga tao at mga brands. ;) . Parang amp at preamp lang yan, pwedeng DIY, pwedeng branded o pwede rin vintage. ;D ;D

May nang-aapi ba? Wala naman, ah. Nasa interpretasyon nalang ng reader yun kung inaapi siya ::) Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!............... ;D ;D ;D ;D

just my opinion. ;D

Sir Kim, I don't think you will be satisfied by an entry level TT :D if your talking about entry level.......... You can buy Php 1.5 K CD player sa ......pier or 2nd hand (meron nga ba?) then copy XRCD, or any audiophile CD for Php150 only! diba?

When I say "status symbol": as  an audiophile (thats my only opinion), why? those people having more than 30K CD player now crazy with analog hehehe! Peace brother.

If you have TT marami accessories! Cleaner etch...etch... a good vinyl sometimes cost more than new XRCD's & HDCD's hehehe.

Buttom line....... kung saan ka masaya!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 06:11 PM »
ako masaya sa analog. but i also play cds  kapag tinatamad ako mag-plaka.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 07:05 PM »
masaya na ko sa digital. 5k sa transport and 12k sa DAC, swabe tumunog O0 next step is pc based audio (next year na to) via wireless >:D

a properly set up analog rig is hard to beat though a digital front end set up properly can also sound satisfying, and less rituals. then again less rituals does not affect the sound, which is what should matter. 

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 911
« Reply #75 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 07:11 PM »
I have both mediums and I favor digital because of its convenience.  my analog front end sees action once in a while though.  been searching far and wide for that affordable digital front end that sounds like an analog rig. I have heard digital front ends that sound like analog but alas...they cost an arm and a leg.  If I do find that piece of gear that is well suited to my budget and needs then ill completely turn my back away from analog but until then im keeping my Technics TT  :)
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 08:55 PM »
senyor DOM paldo,

ikaw pa maloloko eh ang galing-galing mo sa audio, tindi pa ng mga research mo!  ;D

totoo na masipag at marunong sa buhay yan si Kim, masipag at marunong mamili ng plaka, yun mga nabibilan hindi pa naamoy ng iba pinagpilian mo na! kaya siguro sobrang enjoy ang analog experience mo.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 09:01 PM »
I have both mediums and I favor digital because of its convenience.  my analog front end sees action once in a while though.  been searching far and wide for that affordable digital front end that sounds like an analog rig. I have heard digital front ends that sound like analog but alas...they cost an arm and a leg.  If I do find that piece of gear that is well suited to my budget and needs then ill completely turn my back away from analog but until then im keeping my Technics TT  :)

Most digital front-end that claims that it sounds like analog can buy one a second hand car.  ;D But for all intents and purposes, it seems that old LPs are much cheaper to buy than a new CD disc.  ;D

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 09:16 PM »
Most digital front-end that claims that it sounds like analog can buy one a second hand car.  ;D But for all intents and purposes, it seems that old LPs are much cheaper to buy than a new CD disc.  ;D

very true. one good example that I had the chance to home audition for 2 solid months is the Forsel Air reference CD Transport and its matching partner the Forsel outboard D/A converter.  well what can I say..Jim Forsel indeed suceeded in making it sound ALMOST (95% for me)  like an analog rig...what turned me off is the very stiff price tag at that time (Bnew is Php250T for the combo) and the hyper exotic parts utilized (imagine an air pump that is utilized in rotating the CD in playback..hanep) that I know for sure will break down and those parts are non existent in Asia.

I really hope in the future the technology will bring the cost of those devices down to a level that enthusiasts can afford.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 10:09 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 09:38 PM »
that's what Kim said, a decent digital is more expensive than analog.

the day will come when their prices will be affordable. i hope so.  ;D

in the mean time, I see people converting cdrom drives into cd players and having the time of their life.  ;D ;D ;D

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 10:14 PM »

the day will come when their prices will be affordable. i hope so.  ;D

oh yes it will...its just a matter of time.  if man can go to the moon then I see no reason why they cant engineer a playback system that is affordable and warm sounding like analog.  It will all depend on the demand. if there is no market then for sure they (the manufacturers) wont spend a dime to R&D such a device. we will be stuck with maverick manufacturers such as Jim Forsel, Krell and what have you.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 09:21 AM »
Sir Kim, I don't think you will be satisfied by an entry level TT :D if your talking about entry level.......... You can buy Php 1.5 K CD player sa ......pier or 2nd hand (meron nga ba?) then copy XRCD, or any audiophile CD for Php150 only! diba?
Same with cdps lang yan.  Alot of people or members here have already upgraded their cdps from entry level to mid level cdps. 2k for cdps in pier, p-mount TT's also delve in the same price range. XRCD or Audiophile CD for Php 150 only!? Di pa rin eh, ang mahal;D ;D Audiophile grade na lps 2nd hand in mint condition(decca, columbia six eyes, capitol, Rainbow Rim Capitol, London, Living Stereo, etc......) The labels I mention are at par with those new 200 gram pressings and sometimes even far more superior.  >:D >:D I can get it at 3 or even 4 for Php 100.00.  Damn, I was even able haul a little over 190 imported lps a couple of months ago for what, Php 2.8k, say Php 14.75/each. Best thing is they were all in vg to near mint condition and ilan lang ang tinapon kong lps dun.  >:D >:D ;D ;D  Tuwang-tuwa nga yung owner ng thriftshop sa akin at pinakyaw ko raw yung paninda niya.   ;D

If you have TT marami accessories! Cleaner etch...etch... a good vinyl sometimes cost more than new XRCD's & HDCD's hehehe.

Di pa rin talaga, eh... ::) >:D ;D If you can spend for a sub 5k isolation device for a cdp and a Php 500.00 cd lens cleaner then you can spend on a 1K record brush and a 1.5k stylus cleaner.  Even if you're still talking about XRCD's and HDCD's mahal pa rin, eh kahit p$ra@e^ pa yan! Wouldn't it be nice to have original media.......  ;D ;D ;D

Bottom line....... kung saan ka masaya!

Exactly my point!  ;D It's what you call passion.  Well, the only misconception about this certain aspect of the hobby, analog, is that you have to spend so much.  No, one doesn't really have to spend all his earnings to say to himself that he has a great analog rig. You just have to be wise and adventurous in acquiring analog equipment and software.  Ke mapa analog o mapa digital, lolokohin ka kung magpapaloko ka, especially sa mga reviews. Parang digital din yan, meron masaya sa simpleng cd player lang at meron din hindi makuntento pag walang trivista dac na nakakabit sa cdp niya, diba?..........Sa analog, ganun din.  Meron masaya sa simpleng Technics lang at meron naman di makuntento kaya bumibili ng clearaudio, nottingham, vpi, linn, etc......

senyor DOM paldo,

ikaw pa maloloko eh ang galing-galing mo sa audio, tindi pa ng mga research mo!  ;D

totoo na masipag at marunong sa buhay yan si Kim, masipag at marunong mamili ng plaka, yun mga nabibilan hindi pa naamoy ng iba pinagpilian mo na! kaya siguro sobrang enjoy ang analog experience mo.  ;D ;D ;D

Jo, tatlong klase ng tao lang ang nabubuhay dito sa mundong ito : isang manloloko, isang naloloko, at isang nilikhang lokoloko.......Ahehehehehehe........ ;D ;D

ako masaya sa analog. but i also play cds  kapag tinatamad ako mag-plaka.  ;D ;D ;D

Pagtinatamad ako mag-plaka, I turn-on my ever reliable vintage FM tuner.  ;D  kakatamad din kasi mag lipat ng dvd player sa sala eh.  ;D

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 09:48 AM »
kimpao,

ganun nman tlga eh, kung san ka masaya and what you can afford! ;D actually, i used both format, but to me, analog sound is the way to go. >:D
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 03:21 PM by s2kov »

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 10:57 AM »
Recently, I bought brand new LPs - about 20pcs. at P50 a piece. I like the contents thats why I bought it.
I have my own TT - an audio-technica WEGA model (german made) - still running good with its orig cart.

I have also CDP, that plays HDCD, and I like to hear HDCD - good resolution. I did not invest yet in SACD/DVD-A/XRCD for the simple reason that it is just a matter of time that tech improves more and prices drop - my patience is a virtue to my pocket.  ;D

I also play most of my favorite contents in both CD and TT - not that they are "audiophily"  ::) recorded but because it is the content that I am more concerned with.

I stayed with both because some contents I am interested with are not in CD and some are not in LP. But if I find one in both format, I go the CD way - simply because I can have the contents preserved in any way, unlike the wear&tear that goes with LP thing.

All materials recorded differently, and since I want to listen to them regardless of their recording quality, I have to adjust many parameters sometimes. Reason why I have full range driver, and modern bookshelf+sub, Why i have separate amp for TT and CD.

Sound comparison - hard to simply categorize which is better. Ones sonic taste is too subjective to be debated upon, and such taste is typically anchored on what is currently setup in ones audio rig (a very vast factor to consider), which makes it more difficult to quantify as a whole to serve as standard (or common ground) for the rest of the so-called audiophiles.

Some people have really spent no limit to come-up with the "sound-to-die-for" setup. Interestingly, some people have implemented same "banana" thing just at a small cost. It is understandable - you might say - because the factor of subjectivity knows no definite limit.

However, if the same audiophile have met both implementation (the costly and the cheaply), costs becomes an easy justification to go cheaper especially if the system is not really a night-and-day thing. And there have been records of this type of findings nowadays - from some high-end users who discovered some cheaper implementation can blow the most expensive setup (always if properly implemented - system synergy and matching).

I can only agree with one of the earlier poster that sometimes, you only need to be wiser than those peddling a very limited valuation of their sonic (and gear) preferences. Most of those bitten into high cost of sound gear are those who
- correlate audio cost to performance
- have no knowledge where to get very good but cheap implementation
- are not readily equipped to correlate audio science to the art of listening to audio
- simlpy invested in known high-end gears
They are not wrong! It is their circumstance at one point in time. That is still the best decision they have made given their particular circumstances. Sometimes they woke up and go to buy and sell section of pinoydvd!  ;D

Bottomline, ones setup is dictated by
- his convenience
- his cost
- his content
- his sonic preferences
- his value of cost related to sound quality (whatever this means)
- his attack to accomplishing good audio (relative to his ear)
- his readiness to filter crap info from the sound one
- and of course - aethetics (as in - payabang, paporma, pampaganda etc)

MABUHAY!  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 11:00 AM by aHobbit »
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 11:57 AM »
given this, that is part of this hobby that we must accept for those who have high-end gears. i don't believe to people commenting which format and gear is good even if he doesn't have it and do serious listening.

- and of course - aethetics (as in - payabang, paporma, pampaganda etc)

MABUHAY!  ;D

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 12:21 PM »
I'd rather put it this way "One's lifestyle is dictated by his income".   ;)

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 12:22 PM »
i don't believe to people commenting which format and gear is good even if he doesn't have it and do serious listening.

very true.  you gotta live with the gear to know it well.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:03 PM »
I'd rather put it this way "One's lifestyle is dictated by his income".   ;)

senyor paldo, dapat digital or analog, hindi lifestyle.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

given this, that is part of this hobby that we must accept for those who have high-end gears. i don't believe to people commenting which format and gear is good even if he doesn't have it and do serious listening.

it's true that it's a part of our hobby, a part that we can't listen to...  ;D

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:09 PM »
senyor paldo, dapat digital or analog, hindi lifestyle.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eh status quo lang daw pag analog. Kaya give me "bragging rights"!.....  Ahehehehehe ;D :o

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:10 PM by kimpao »

Offline odyopayl

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:23 PM »
Blessed are those who have at least 100's of good LP's oopssss not to forget those who have 100's of original audiophile CD's ;D ;D ;D

Obviously the market trend is going to Digitals.  I'm not against Analog but sometimes it's hard to accept the fact that our LP's  will not plays as good as it was 3 years ago (Because of friction as I've read). I've heard a comparison between LP's & XRCD's they are almost the same, to think XRCD will play the same for the lifetime it's worth  an investment.

Both Digital & Analog have their own advantages & disadvantages to balance it, you must have both. ::)

odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)