Author Topic: Official Cayin Thread  (Read 226231 times)

Offline Adam Warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Official Cayin Thread
« Reply #60 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 01:29 PM »
Sir,

Again... TA30 has been discontinued for a long time now. A version is TA30 MK-II or A50T with remote, triode and ultralinear mode. Better sounding than TA30, bigger power supply, bigger output trannies  :) SRP42K  8)

Cheers

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 05:41 PM »
Sir,

Again... TA30 has been discontinued for a long time now. A version is TA30 MK-II or A50T with remote, triode and ultralinear mode. Better sounding than TA30, bigger power supply, bigger output trannies  :) SRP42K  8)

Cheers

Parang total upgrade na rin pala.. but with even the TA-30 saw some premium parts already which very good kasi no need to upgrade probably tube rolling na lang to NOS. :)

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Dec 17, 2005 at 08:55 AM »
Sir,

Its not really a total revamp.  While the faceplate of the A-50 may look different; the internal circuitry is the same.  The trannies are larger and they added a remote function too.  The TA-30 is a wonderful amp.  You can read the endless reviews on that unit... thus, all Cayin did was incorporate some consumer insights (need for a remote) and improve the trannies for better handling. 

:D

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #63 on: Dec 17, 2005 at 11:50 AM »
i concur to AudioAmp.

The TA30 is a wonderful amp that sounded so well even with the stock parts (comes with RealCaps, ALPS, JH, panasonic and two large Nichicon filter caps outside the chassis) and tubes.  Never cease to amaze me how it blended well with my AE Evo 3... clear his (no sibilance), warm and clear mids and clean tight bass....and most of all, as Hans always say...the music is filled with drama, very involving.

If Cayin has been successful with the TA30, i don't think they'll go wrong with the A50T...it would be another Worth-Every-Centavo-Spent integrated tube amp.

Kudos!
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Dec 17, 2005 at 02:12 PM »
i concur to AudioAmp.

The TA30 is a wonderful amp that sounded so well even with the stock parts (comes with RealCaps, ALPS, JH, panasonic and two large Nichicon filter caps outside the chassis) and tubes.  Never cease to amaze me how it blended well with my AE Evo 3... clear his (no sibilance), warm and clear mids and clean tight bass....and most of all, as Hans always say...the music is filled with drama, very involving.

If Cayin has been successful with the TA30, i don't think they'll go wrong with the A50T...it would be another Worth-Every-Centavo-Spent integrated tube amp.

Kudos!

Sir, Nicely said. Many thanks

Cheers

By the way, we will post picture of the new site, its still underconstruction. ITS HUGE! We had taken some pics  :)

Offline Garp

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Dec 20, 2005 at 08:38 PM »
Although the Cayin sounds nice out of the box, there's a lot lot more potential there if you change the coupling caps to high quality. I've done the usual upgrades---riken resistors, PS bypasses, telefunken preamp tubes, ultrafast rectifiers and even soldiered the grid resistor right next to the socket (that used to be on the pcb( bad idea)). But put all of those improvements together and they still won't equal the change in sound of a simple change in coupling caps.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Dec 20, 2005 at 10:33 PM »
Although the Cayin sounds nice out of the box, there's a lot lot more potential there if you change the coupling caps to high quality. I've done the usual upgrades---riken resistors, PS bypasses, telefunken preamp tubes, ultrafast rectifiers and even soldiered the grid resistor right next to the socket (that used to be on the pcb( bad idea)). But put all of those improvements together and they still won't equal the change in sound of a simple change in coupling caps.

New age,

Coupling caps lang sarap talaga marunong mag DIY.. :)

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 08:51 AM »
Change the caps to Solen or Mundorf MKP caps - hint hint hahaha.
Change the pre-amp tubes to amprex or mullard NOS   ;D

Why am i telling you these since it will void the warranty.  ;D ;D ;D

For all our customers who wish to upgrade... please coordinate with us so that we can record the changes and try to ask Cayin to extend their warranty (if possible). 

All Cayin comes with the following warranty - 1 year parts and labor, 6 months for tubes (unless you step on them hahaha).  Policy is direct replacement.  If the unit has problems; we replace them with a new one instantly so you dont have to wait for repairs.  Thats how confident we are with our products!   :D

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 11:23 AM »
All Cayin comes with the following warranty - 1 year parts and labor, 6 months for tubes (unless you step on them hahaha).  Policy is direct replacement.  If the unit has problems; we replace them with a new one instantly so you dont have to wait for repairs.  Thats how confident we are with our products!   :D

Very bold statement...

after the discussion with the cayin engineers ;D ;D ;D, and factory tour, we found out those people are very meticullous and cautious :)
R and D is first-rate  :)
Will post pics very soon...

Cheers

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 11:37 AM »
Change the caps to Solen or Mundorf MKP caps - hint hint hahaha.
Change the pre-amp tubes to amprex or mullard NOS   ;D

Why am i telling you these since it will void the warranty.  ;D ;D ;D

For all our customers who wish to upgrade... please coordinate with us so that we can record the changes and try to ask Cayin to extend their warranty (if possible). 

Galing naman even with some tweak pwede a honor warranty. :)

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
how about implementing something like factory approved upgrades? that way warranty won't be voided. customers can have the option to upgrade certain parts ?

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 07:35 PM »
Hans,

I love the sound of the TA30 on the stock caps and parts, changed the au7  to Mullard and the axx7 to telefunken smooth plate.  the sound blends well with the AE Evo3...the kind of sound i go for... warm, involving, and laid-back.  bakit ko pa nga ba dinidescribe sayo e narinig mo na yon!

Like i said, if the TA30 is that good, im sure the A50T is greater.  Bili na mga Katoto!

this is not a paid advertisement.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 08:25 PM »
Hans,

I love the sound of the TA30 on the stock caps and parts, changed the au7  to Mullard and the axx7 to telefunken smooth plate.  the sound blends well with the AE Evo3...the kind of sound i go for... warm, involving, and laid-back.  bakit ko pa nga ba dinidescribe sayo e narinig mo na yon!

this is not a paid advertisement.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D di ba paid yan amp mo?? ;D ;D ;D

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 11:43 AM »

Hey... as their General Manager Xu from cayin said  "The mother company CATIC makes airplanes, so if something happens people die. They use the same quality with their audio equipment at Cayin."

;D

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 08:59 PM »
Hey... as their General Manager Xu from cayin said  "The mother company CATIC makes airplanes, so if something happens people die. They use the same quality with their audio equipment at Cayin."

;D

Kool! :D

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #75 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 02:02 AM »
new_age,

sir yun ba amp mo yun may Adaptive Autobias Circuitry?

JojoD

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 07:28 AM »

;D

:o :o :o :o :o ;D

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 07:29 AM »
Crisel,

Sir any chance you'll bring in amp that are budget price ( 17k to 20k ) for our new tube converts? :) :)

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 09:28 AM »
Sir,

We have a budget amp.  The MT-12 and its SRP is only 25K.  For cash we can offer 10% off which means this amp is only 22,500.  Its a pretty powerful amp using EL-84 (family) tubes.  In fact we can drive our music goddess floor standers using this amp.  You can visit our showroom if you wish to expirience it in person.

The problem with the below 20,000 price point is that the quality will have to be compromised and Cayin being a high-end manufacturer isnt willing to develop products that can harm their brand image.  This is like asking Krell to produce a mini-component.  :)

Remember that all Cayin amps uses potted transformers, expensive point to point wiring and premium parts.  Each amp is also tested for a week before releasing to market that is why they come with a warranty and a good resale value. 

We do have solid state audiophile grade Xindak and Classic SS amps ar the 15,000 price point.  I think these are very good value for money units.

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 08:57 PM »
new_age,

sir yun ba amp mo yun may Adaptive Autobias Circuitry?

JojoD

JojoD,

Sad to say No :'(  it's another brand that i cannot mention here.  but what the heck, you'll do the biasing only once in a while and EL34 is such a versatile tube.  One of these days, i'll borrow an A50T so i can personally compare it to the TA30.  But i am very optimistic that the A50T is as great or even greater than the TA30.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Dec 24, 2005 at 05:25 AM »
JojoD,

Sad to say No :'(  it's another brand that i cannot mention here.  but what the heck, you'll do the biasing only once in a while and EL34 is such a versatile tube.  One of these days, i'll borrow an A50T so i can personally compare it to the TA30.  But i am very optimistic that the A50T is as great or even greater than the TA30.

No need to be sad, it's just I "thought" it was the same as the other amp I saw. Nevertheless, your TA30 amp performed extremely well for my humble taste, especially when we tested those rock 'til you drop cds of yours.

Season's Greetings to all,
JojoD

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 24, 2005 at 08:49 AM »
Sir,

We have a budget amp.  The MT-12 and its SRP is only 25K.  For cash we can offer 10% off which means this amp is only 22,500.  Its a pretty powerful amp using EL-84 (family) tubes.  In fact we can drive our music goddess floor standers using this amp.  You can visit our showroom if you wish to expirience it in person.

The problem with the below 20,000 price point is that the quality will have to be compromised and Cayin being a high-end manufacturer isnt willing to develop products that can harm their brand image.  This is like asking Krell to produce a mini-component.  :)

Remember that all Cayin amps uses potted transformers, expensive point to point wiring and premium parts.  Each amp is also tested for a week before releasing to market that is why they come with a warranty and a good resale value. 

We do have solid state audiophile grade Xindak and Classic SS amps ar the 15,000 price point.  I think these are very good value for money units.

Ok yan hope you can post pictures of the amps. :)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 24, 2005 at 07:40 PM »
Ok yan hope you can post pictures of the amps. :)

anong balak mo KoyA?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 25, 2005 at 10:40 AM »

CAYIN MT-12

With an unbeatable combination of great sound, elegant design and affordable pricing, the MT-12 integrated tube amplifier is for music lovers on a budget. EL-84 tubes allow this small amplifier to deliver 12 watts per channel of pure tube music.

Power Output:  2 x 12W (8 ohms)
Frequency Response:  20Hz ~ 20kHz ± 1dB
Total Harmonic Distortion:  2 % (1kHz)
Signal to noise ratio:  87 dB
Input Sensitivity:  230mV
Output Impedance:  4 ohms, 8 ohms
Vacuum Tube Component:  4 x EL 84, 2 x 12AU7, 1 x 12AX7
Dimensions:  315 x 240 x 160 mm
Weight:  9 kg
Power Consumption:  120W

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Dec 25, 2005 at 10:48 AM »
Sir... here is another budget level yet audiophile grade amp since we are talking about the 17-20t price range.

Xindak A70 - solid state amp.  It also had a USB port for those who want to use it for their computer speakers.

I will post speacs tuesday....

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 03:39 PM »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 04:40 PM »

Offline bono

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #87 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 05:00 PM »
Master hans,

one time drop by me sa house mo and i'l bring my cayin mt-35 para ma audition mo. personally , I'm very satisfied with it.  ;) ;) ;)

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 05:03 PM »
Master hans,

one time drop by me sa house mo and i'l bring my cayin mt-35 para ma audition mo. personally , I'm very satisfied with it.  ;) ;) ;)

Sure thanks in advance..

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 09:14 PM »
Master hans,

ganda ngang tumunog ng MT35,  i hooked up jakeadriano's MT35 before with the AE Evo3 with the stock tubes and by the way, jakeadriano's MT35 version is the one with the RealCaps, the same used in the TA30.... the earlier version of MT35 has a Cayin Brand caps....i prefer RealCaps version and no headphone input....  no sibilance at all, and the bass is something to crow about...deep taut bass...mid is warm and natural....laidback sounding...

pustahan tayo Hans, magmatch yan sa RS1...believe me. it's worth the try.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2005 at 09:16 PM by new_age »