Author Topic: Official Cayin Thread  (Read 226643 times)

Offline crescent

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Official Cayin Thread
« Reply #690 on: Aug 29, 2011 at 06:52 PM »
Thank you so much sir.. ;D

Offline Adam Warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
« Reply #691 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 05:51 PM »
Thank you so much sir.. ;D

Your welcome po  :)

Offline 22TS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Zero-SS Ampli
  • Liked:
« Reply #692 on: Sep 25, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
i can't wait until audio amplified starts carrying the JohnBlue Audio line! and it's so close to my place (saint ignatius).
Zero-SS | All-FR

300B SET | 6L6 PP
FE207E | JB3 | HD598

Offline 50jess

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 08:13 AM »
Has anyone tries EH 6CA7 tubes with the Cayin A-50T?  How does it compare to the EH EL-34 tubes?

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #694 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 08:55 AM »
Better bass :)

Has anyone tries EH 6CA7 tubes with the Cayin A-50T?  How does it compare to the EH EL-34 tubes?

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25397

A review from the other forum re Cayin 500MK

Offline joseph2010

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 05:25 AM »
Greetings Folks,

I read with interest the findings of the Cayin A70 ! I'm impressed with the extensive knowledge HERE.
 NOTE: If the following inquiry is not correct for this 'page' I expect it to be moved - hope I can find it and find the help I need.

With that said:
 I came upon many advertisements for the Cayin A100T from authorized dealers. Liked what I saw & read about it - ordered it. What arrived was a bit different than what was advertised. The face plate different between two A100Ts advertised - one appears similar to the A70 (I know the dimensions differ) AND I was expecting KT88 but the unit had EL34 tubes.
 So on I go wondering what happened -educating myself about KT88 versus EL34s. Then I pondered the power provided from the two tube types.
 So being a bit distrustful, at times, - I'm wondering what I REALLY HAVE HERE! Did I receive a unit designed and built comparable to a Marantz 9 ? Though I do not have a clue what a Marantz 9 sounds like - the question is whats supposed to be inside this unit - especially in light of the fact these units are 'opened' at the supply location in New Jersey, USA then modified  (ummm tinkered with ) before sending them on to the customer.
 Is this the way of audiophile equipment - that someone is tasked to perform a 'routine' of sorts to an expensive piece of equipment before it gets into the customers possession?
 I certainly do not like the fact I was not notified before hand I would be receiving something a bit different than advertised. Yes, I did ask about the tube change...I was told "EL 34 tubes are better"!
 But reviewing the advertisements again and again and again - I'm wondering what I really have for all the money it cost - especially when I read about electronic Frankensteins and attempts to recoup losses by 're manufacturing' damaged or returned goods!

Why would it be necessary to 'enter' the innerds of a new unit? What actually was changed ? Did I receive something more or less than expected or advertised? How can I determine the quality of build in my possession?

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 05:47 PM »
Sir Josepth2010,

I presume you are not from the Philippines?  If you are from here, best if you bring in the until to us and we can inspect it for you.  Or you can pm me the serial number so that we can verify the origin of the amp.

There are 2 version of A-100T; the EL-34/6CA7 equipped and KT-88/6550 equipped.  The difference are as follows:  1)  Latter has more rated power (100W vs 70W), this is basically due to the size of the tubes - KT-88/6550 being bigger tubes.  2)  Sound characteristics.  EL-34 sounds warmer and in general better for vocals.  KT-88 is more dynamic and better for jazz.  Both tubes are interchangeable (6CA7 and EL-34); (KT-88 and 6550).  6CA7 compared to EL-34 is fuller sounding.  6550 compared to KT-88 is faster sounding, livelier sounding.  Other than the tubes, both versions are exactly the same quality wise.  There is no best tube, its all subject to your personal preference.  That is the beauty of tube amps, you can tailor your unit to your own listening preference - i.e. tube rolling.

The marantz 8 was actually a comment from a audio magazine review.  Since the person is a well respected reviewer, the US distributor might have used it as a marketing tool.  Personally I have not heard the marantz 8 as well but its supposedly a very good amp.

I am not too familiar with the US version.  For our market we carry the German variant.  I don't know if there are any differences between versions. What worries me is the modification in Jersey.  We provide modification with full Cayin warranty since our technicians are trained by Cayin. However, these modifications are limited to upgrading of capacitors.  On rare occasions we upgrade the wires to silver-gold mundorf wires but that it.  We do not play with the design or schematics.  Furthermore, the amp will be opened in front of our client and the replaced parts given to the client.

Hope I was able to help.   

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 603
« Reply #698 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 11:14 PM »
Hi Sir Noel,

I'm just wondering, are there plans to bring in the C-3.0HD digital player?

Thanks!

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 09:38 AM »
Sorry for your bad experience with the particular sales person you talked to.  I cannot comment much on that since its between you and the US distributor.   Here at Audio Amplified we try our best to answer in plain, understandable english and make sure that our clients are satisfied with our products.

I suggest you talk to VAS again.  Send them an email if you wish. 

Honestly, there is little we can do to help you since we are located in the Philippines and we have no jurisdiction over the product your purchased.

Cheers

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #700 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 03:31 PM »
Hi Sir Noel,

I'm just wondering, are there plans to bring in the C-3.0HD digital player?

Thanks!

I have a M-3.0HD arriving. Will advise you soon...  :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2011 at 12:26 PM by Adam Warlock »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Oct 08, 2011 at 12:01 AM »
I have a M-3.0HD arriving. Will advise you soon...  :)

Cheers

Arrived  :)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 603
« Reply #702 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 04:59 PM »
Arrived  :)

Nice! :) How much are these selling for?

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • to hear is to believe...
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 05:35 PM »
New Stocks of Cayin and Psvane Tubes has finally arrived!!!

;D ;D ;D

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 10:34 PM »
We are about to place our order for Cayin products.  Please contact us should anybody want to indent any special Cayin models or Psavane Tubes

Thanks all...

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 10:34 PM »
Dear fellow pinoydvd members.  Please add Audio Amplified to your facebook accounts to receive updates and special deals and promos which we will run only via facebook.

Thanks  :)  Thanks  :)   Thanks  :)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #706 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 02:31 PM »
Noob question... ;D

Para saan yung auto space mode ng CD17? :)

Thanks

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #707 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 04:49 AM »
In my old Sony Cd player, may "space" something command sa Player, it adds a couple of seconds after each song

Noob question... ;D

Para saan yung auto space mode ng CD17? :)

Thanks

Offline AudioNirvana

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: Dec 26, 2012 at 06:53 AM »
Hi!
Cayin a55 question. I plan to change caps from relcap to mundorf supreme. But what about power caps? Have You tried any other caps? Is it worth it? If it is worth then what values of caps and what brand did You tried? Is that Nichicon inside? Thanks!
I really like Cayin and after changing tubes and adding tube dampers from Herbie and power cord, and soon
caps (I have mundorf allready here but I am waiting for friend to come and change caps, i am not skilled) i would like to upgrade cayin to the fullest potential.
I have read about power caps here
http://www.laventure.net/tourist/caps.htm

Merry christmas!
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM by AudioNirvana »

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #709 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 11:50 AM »
Hi!
Cayin a55 question. I plan to change caps from relcap to mundorf supreme. But what about power caps? Have You tried any other caps? Is it worth it? If it is worth then what values of caps and what brand did You tried? Is that Nichicon inside? Thanks!
I really like Cayin and after changing tubes and adding tube dampers from Herbie and power cord, and soon
caps (I have mundorf allready here but I am waiting for friend to come and change caps, i am not skilled) i would like to upgrade cayin to the fullest potential.

Merry christmas!
Hi!

Merry christmas!

IMO its worth the upgrade. We also have Mundorf Mlytic for the power supply. You can search the forum for the testimonials. here is another like for caps shoot out http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html

Cheers

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #710 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 02:35 PM »
Sir Noel,
How much ang Cap upgrade for Cayin CD17?
Thanks

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #711 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 02:41 PM »
Sir Noel,
How much ang Cap upgrade for Cayin CD17?
Thanks

Ayun oh.. he he he
Walang Setup

Offline AudioNirvana

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #712 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 06:25 PM »
IMO its worth the upgrade. We also have Mundorf Mlytic for the power supply. You can search the forum for the testimonials. here is another like for caps shoot out http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html

Cheers
Thank You very much for Your answer!
What values goes into Cayin t55 - and how many caps (2?)? I am asking because it will save me some time so I can order them in advance and then I will take my Cayin to Service (to the friend service) to change them. I see they are not very expensive. Otherwise I will have to cary Cayin twice, first to check what values and second  time after I order Caps to change them. Its far away so You will be most heplfull if You know values.

EDIT
Sorry another question.
I looked at Mlytic here
http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/mcap_mlytic_hv.html
Which version is needed? AG, AG+, HV, HV+ I can see that + have additional terminals and AG and HV also is different.
Which vesrion is compatibile with Cayin just to switch caps without too much trouble.

Also what about resistors? But please, if thats too much just skip this resistors question;) I will be more than happy with caps change.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 at 09:23 PM by AudioNirvana »

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Jan 08, 2013 at 06:31 PM »
We only carry Mlytic MLAL and MLSL. Haven't tried the Mlytic AG since its a new product from Mundorf.

for the cayin model A55T you need a total of 8 caps, 2- .1uf and 6- .22uF

cheers

Offline AudioNirvana

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 05:16 AM »
We only carry Mlytic MLAL and MLSL. Haven't tried the Mlytic AG since its a new product from Mundorf.

for the cayin model A55T you need a total of 8 caps, 2- .1uf and 6- .22uF

cheers
Thank You
But I mean what are values and how many of big caps for power suply and what type of mlytic do You recommned.
I think Nichicon is original caps. If we understand each other (sorry english is not my first language) You said they are worth of change also.

Not that 8 small input and signal caps. I allready got 2 0.1uf and 6 0.22uF mundorf supreme.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Jan 09, 2013 at 08:25 AM »
Thank You
But I mean what are values and how many of big caps for power suply and what type of mlytic do You recommned.
I think Nichicon is original caps. If we understand each other (sorry english is not my first language) You said they are worth of change also.

Not that 8 small input and signal caps. I allready got 2 0.1uf and 6 0.22uF mundorf supreme.

partsconnexion carries Mundorf Psu caps....http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_film_mundorf_mtube.html

question is, do you have room inside your amp?
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2013 at 08:25 AM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline kinku

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Feb 03, 2013 at 08:35 PM »
Very interesting thread. I have a cayin A70-T with manual biasing option. I got it used from a local retailer. The discussion about Cayin A70T here really worries me  :o. I do not know any other details except it is KT88 tube version with manual biasing. Is there any way to find out?

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 07:16 AM »
Very interesting thread. I have a cayin A70-T with manual biasing option. I got it used from a local retailer. The discussion about Cayin A70T here really worries me  :o. I do not know any other details except it is KT88 tube version with manual biasing. Is there any way to find out?

you only set bias when you replace the output tubes....bring your unit to your local retailer, those tubes are good for more than a year even if you use them everyday...

as long as you don't see those output tubes "red plating", i see no reason for concern, just enjoy your gear....http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=tubes+%22red+plating%22%2C&oq=tubes+%22red+plating%22%2C&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline kinku

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:55 AM »
Thanks Tony.I am planning to change my stock KT88 with Genalex ones. My tubes are more than 5 years old  ;Dand I am anticipating to change them soon. I wish some one give me step wise instructions on how to bias tubes with Cayin A-70T.
I am wondering if anyone has more details about Cayin a70-t MANUAL BIASED version. Will this work with EL34 tubes? I read somewhere that it can not take EL34 (not sure!) [The auto bias version does take EL34 with a flip switch on top :( ,mine is not that version]. How can I found out whether it is 30W or 55w VERSION?
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:58 AM by kinku »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 11:46 AM »
Thanks Tony.I am planning to change my stock KT88 with Genalex ones. My tubes are more than 5 years old  ;Dand I am anticipating to change them soon. I wish some one give me step wise instructions on how to bias tubes with Cayin A-70T.
I am wondering if anyone has more details about Cayin a70-t MANUAL BIASED version. Will this work with EL34 tubes? I read somewhere that it can not take EL34 (not sure!) [The auto bias version does take EL34 with a flip switch on top :( ,mine is not that version]. How can I found out whether it is 30W or 55w VERSION?

35 or 55watt it hardly matters...i stopped counting the watts a long time ago....

coming from a KT88 amp, replacing with an EL34 required lower bias current, meaning higher grid voltages, i see no reason why it can not be done....