Author Topic: KoreanDvds.com  (Read 35662 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: KoreanDvds.com
« Reply #270 on: Feb 19, 2005 at 07:35 PM »
oh well.. only in the Philippines.. (and China).  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #271 on: Feb 20, 2005 at 04:44 AM »
Yeah, hem, only in Pinas... mukhang matunog na pangalan ko or ng koreandvds (e-stop) sa Las Pinas PO...  :-\
Oh well, korean said they would have to "meet" about this because first time nga... couldn't blame them kung hindi na nila palitan...  :P
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2005 at 04:58 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 02:08 PM »
just want to share this...

my package value was $104, but i used a $7 mileage discount. pero meron pa ring naka-declare na $97. shipped pa rin naman to my address, pero ang charge is P75 (dati P50 with the same box size). may nilagay na lang na comment na 'customs charged'

::)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 02:21 PM »
hehehe... just be glad P25 lang nadagdag  :D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 02:29 PM »
i wonder if ganito na policy nila  ::)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 06:06 PM »
House of Flying Daggers LE korean release is available again @ $27.56

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 06:28 PM »
House of Flying Daggers LE korean release is available again @ $27.56

Sir RNIverson which site is this available? I checked koreandvds pero wala naman.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 07:39 PM »
Sir RNIverson which site is this available? I checked koreandvds pero wala naman.

koreandvds, pero sold out na rin and wala na sa database nila kaya nde na mahanap

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 07:43 PM »
got an e-mail from koreandvds that my KFHLE went through. They took out the item because out of stock na.  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 08:15 PM »
got an e-mail from koreandvds that my KFHLE went through. They took out the item because out of stock na.  ;D

great news for u  ;)  maybe it's the same scenario with the HOFD LE

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 08:17 PM »
from koreandvds regarding KFH LE korean release

The supplier had delivered way too short quanitity than originally promised. As the requirement for getting the LE, they tried to dump 3 regular editions on us per every LE that they give us. We have decided to ask those who purchased the HK version to get the Korean version as an alternative.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 08:38 PM »
from koreandvds regarding KFH LE korean release

The supplier had delivered way too short quanitity than originally promised. As the requirement for getting the LE, they tried to dump 3 regular editions on us per every LE that they give us. We have decided to ask those who purchased the HK version to get the Korean version as an alternative.

this is the standard procedure for all Limited Editions produced in Korea. :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 08:55 PM »
hey.. not all the world is Koreandvds.. you may want to check some european and other korean online stores for stocks of HOFD and KFH LE.

i highly recommend the HK LE over the Korean LE for the titles mentioned above..

:)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 09:01 PM »
hey.. not all the world is Koreandvds.. you may want to check some european and other korean online stores for stocks of HOFD and KFH LE.

i highly recommend the HK LE over the Korean LE for the titles mentioned above..

can you recommend other sites sir  :)  nde pa ba OOP ang HOFD HK LE?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 09:04 PM »
technically, since it's numbered, you can consider HOFD LE  OOP from the moment it has been released and the final number announced.

you may do your detective work guys.. Go West!!

;)
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2005 at 09:41 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #285 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 09:27 PM »
Yeah, recently saw in DVDetective, not sure if they still have stock. Good luck RNIverson! :)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Feb 23, 2005 at 10:09 PM »
Yeah, recently saw in DVDetective, not sure if they still have stock. Good luck RNIverson! :)

I've been keeping an eye on theDVDetective but no luck on the HOFD LE Korean or HK editions  ???
Hit a jackpot though with the Hero UE Korean... one available and I got it na... on it's way to JAC NY!
Thanks for your assistance pchin;D

Offline Artemis

• Collector
  • "but perhaps, to love someone you can't have...
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Feb 24, 2005 at 11:43 PM »

curious lang po sir hem.. what's the difference between the HK version and the Korean version? why do you prefer HK?

btw, i saw kung fu hustle LE HK version at asiandb.com, they're selling it at $49.98.   :)
is a wound only death can heal..."   - Orpheus

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Feb 24, 2005 at 11:56 PM »
hem, I made a side by side comparison of the KFH LE HK and KOR releases specifically on the extras based on the descriptions in koreandvds and DVDetective and I did not see any difference.. lahat ng nasa HK ED nasa KOR ED and vice versa...  ???

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 12:50 AM »
 ;D Hay naku, I did some balancing act these past few days and I think all this scramble over KFHLE whether HK or Korea is going to make me sick. The prices are way too steep now  and that little voice inside me told me to get TROY LE Wooden Case instead which I think is a far better collector's item and  EYE CANDY than the faux leather slip case and Stephen Chow palm impression all wrapped in a dent prone box (have you seen the pics? the box is paper thin!. Pwedeng pambalot ng gulay!  ;D )

So after that TROY purchase (the price is hindi na malayo sa KFHLE), I need to take some breather. Plans to buy KFHLE had gone awry and I have this principle, if it ain't yours, it's not gonna be yours ever. PERIOD. In time, I will have this KFH kahit na hindi LE.

Ito po'y opinyon ko lang so wag kayong magalit KOREANBOYTOYS here ( I mean you Jeckjeck, RNIverson, Compaq and Hemisphere) hahaha. I will still accept invites from you in case you order again from koreandvds. Oke?  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 12:57 AM »
hem, I made a side by side comparison of the KFH LE HK and KOR releases specifically on the extras based on the descriptions in koreandvds and DVDetective and I did not see any difference.. lahat ng nasa HK ED nasa KOR ED and vice versa...  ???

like so many things.. it is not what is outside but what is inside that counts.. hehehehe..

for KFH LE, almost all orders delivered include a free watch and posters with them. added value i guess. also, i am so disappointed with the HOFD LE Korean PQ. if you can check the HOFD HK Release, you'll know what i mean.  lastly, in this case where an almost similar boxset is released, the country of origin i think is a better choice and has a better value in the future..

8)

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2005 at 01:07 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 01:05 AM »
sir blitz!!!

nice move yan!!! the wood is good!!

anyhow, since the KFH HK LE is no longer available in "affordable" prices and would only be available in "collector's" prices like TROY LE, it's better to get the Korean KFH LE as an alternative... still available at dvd.co.kr and dvdfromkorea. just do a mind twist with dvd.co.kr since the language used is korean..

good luck!! isabay nyo na sa The Notebook Limited Edition.

;D

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 01:18 AM »
sir blitz!!!

nice move yan!!! the wood is good!!

anyhow, since the KFH HK LE is no longer available in "affordable" prices and would only be available in "collector's" prices like TROY LE, it's better to get the Korean KFH LE as an alternative... still available at dvd.co.kr and dvdfromkorea. just do a mind twist with dvd.co.kr since the language used is korean..

good luck!! isabay nyo na sa The Notebook Limited Edition.

;D

Thanks Sir Hems. Ngayon pa lang, nahihilo na ko (sa gastos) hehe. Kaso, yung website na sinabi mo, puro paypal! Ano ba yan!

And lemme guess, The Notebook LE is..... in a notebook form? Yay!  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 04:05 AM »
like so many things.. it is not what is outside but what is inside that counts.. hehehehe..

for KFH LE, almost all orders delivered include a free watch and posters with them. added value i guess. also, i am so disappointed with the HOFD LE Korean PQ. if you can check the HOFD HK Release, you'll know what i mean.  lastly, in this case where an almost similar boxset is released, the country of origin i think is a better choice and has a better value in the future..

8)

hmmm thanks hem... i think case to case basis rin like with the Taegukgi HK Ed I have... PQ is really bad compared to the Korean Tin Case release which you have...

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 04:15 AM »

Ito po'y opinyon ko lang so wag kayong magalit KOREANBOYTOYS here ( I mean you Jeckjeck, RNIverson, Compaq and Hemisphere) hahaha. I will still accept invites from you in case you order again from koreandvds. Oke?  ;D

Huh??? KOREANBOYTOYS na pala kami!  ;D LOL!!  ;D

By the way, I may have an extra copy of KFH LE Korean Ed.... Iniisip ko pa kung magkano ko ibebenta eh...  ;D Initially I thought OUT OF STOCK lang yun pala OOP na...

I hope Koreandvd follows thru on their e-mail na assured na ako of my 2 copies... Keeping my fingers crossed  ;D

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2005 at 04:16 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 12:29 PM »
jeckjeck, agree. case to case basis siguro. i assure you though for HOFD, go for the HK LE for PQ and Sound, go for the Korean LE for the packaging. the korean HOFD LE is simply exquisite. with KFH LE, i guess the price is the best driver for purchase.  if you think the HK release is expensive, you may get the Korean LE.

blitz, i havent seen any pix of The Notebook LE. al i know is what i have read, OST is included. it would be nice if they produce a packaging using Freeks and Geeks R1 LE as peg.

anyhow, HOFD Korean LE is still available at mall.jsdvd.com for $27.64

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 12:55 PM »
Huh??? KOREANBOYTOYS na pala kami!  ;D LOL!!  ;D

By the way, I may have an extra copy of KFH LE Korean Ed.... Iniisip ko pa kung magkano ko ibebenta eh...  ;D Initially I thought OUT OF STOCK lang yun pala OOP na...

Hey Jeck! Please consider me for the extra copy. Just pm me for the cost. Thanks

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 07:25 PM »
jeckjeck, agree. case to case basis siguro. i assure you though for HOFD, go for the HK LE for PQ and Sound, go for the Korean LE for the packaging. the korean HOFD LE is simply exquisite. with KFH LE, i guess the price is the best driver for purchase.  if you think the HK release is expensive, you may get the Korean LE.

Any idea hemisphere where I can find the HOFD HK LE? Been looking everywhere in the web but No Stock palagi  :P

Hey Jeck! Please consider me for the extra copy. Just pm me for the cost. Thanks

Surely sir but medyo na commit ko na to another member but hindi pa naman siya 100% sure... he wants to see it first...

let's just hope I don't get bumped off their list. Kakatakot kasi yung post ni RNIverson na their supplier delivered less than the expected number of units....  :-\

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Feb 25, 2005 at 08:01 PM »
regarding Taegukgi pala, the country of origin is korea, which explains the good PQ and SQ of the korean tin edition. Shaolin Soccer Theatrical Version pala has a bad PQ and the Long Version has scenes without subs.. yikes. too late to know..

re HOFD Korean LE.. http://mall.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=4660&language=us

re HOFD HK LE... try sensasian.com

8)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Feb 26, 2005 at 05:24 PM »
thanks hemishpere, are both sites reliable? I mean secure?