Author Topic: KoreanDvds.com  (Read 35707 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: KoreanDvds.com
« Reply #90 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 09:35 PM »
jeckjeck, i tried talking to the owner and he told me that orders from the Philippines is small in numbers and not as bulky as other countries and cant be considered "enough" volume for reconsideration. i asked him also about seoulselections.com's cheap courier service (but high customs taxes) and i got a reaction as if he doesn't care. well maybe it's just me.. you can catch michael via MSN messenger.. he blames our local post office for missing packages as if he was a native.. knowledge, i guess came from koreandvds research group.. if that exists.

parting line from him.. two words: We'll see.

:-\

Well, I was sort of half-expecting that losing the Philippine market would not be a big ouch to them... maybe keeping us in is not worth the problems that they encounter... no businessman in his right mind would allow his company to lose money...

Is there any alternative online store now for Korean R3 and even HongKong releases?

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 10:54 PM »
sir hemisphere1234,

how can i contact koreandvds to report to them that my dvds have not arrived yet? Lampas 4 weeks na kasi from the time they confirmed delivery.

Thanks

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 11:01 PM »
you may contact koreandvds via [email protected] or you may check the MSN Messnger address of michael via [email protected]...

a package is considered sold only after 40 days. :)

there are so many alternative online stores where you can get your dvds. ill try to pm you tomorrow. :)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 11:09 PM »
Thanks sir!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #94 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 11:02 AM »
how can i contact koreandvds to report to them that my dvds have not arrived yet? Lampas 4 weeks na kasi from the time they confirmed delivery. Thanks

Phew...for a second I thought I've lost my dvds which was ordered 3 weeks ago from Koreandvds using EMS. I only got it today at the PO. Hope your order is just a delay jeckjeck & not lost. Good luck bro  :)

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 11:09 AM »
yep... there are a other online stores that offer korean titles although koreandvd offer better prices (most of the time) and replacement for lost packages... don't know with the other sites wala kasing nakalagay na action na ginagawa nila for lost packages eh...

sayang talaga 
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 11:14 AM »
This is really bad news!  :(
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 10:25 PM »
funny.. during my last conversation with "someone" from koreandvds.. i was singled out as one of their most difficult client.. imagine their frustration when during the TROY LE battle, i have continually shoot 3-4 pages of rebuttal and reasons why i deserve the Limited Edition item, everyday for 5 days.. anyhow, he was having a bad day and he admitted of being pressured (and irritated) regarding multiple "bypassing" (his term) by customers of their 25% promo.... anyhow, i asked one by one some "room for improvement" and he was immediately set on fire.. really raging.. i guess this is a case of language and cultural barrier so to speak. i was direct but polite. he was offended. like the song.. "words get in the way".. .. hehehehehe.  before our conversation ended.. he was able to cool down and discuss company details with me.. friendly din pala... 

btw, Koreandvds is a family business and they only act as mediator, a direct to supplier, direct to consumer service. the reason they cant be as comprehensive in terms of rules, policy, et al is that only a few people are involved in the operation. to quote him, it's a mom & pop thing.. not sure what that means... father and mother i supposed..

anyhow, hope i was able to comfort him and encourage him to continue accepting orders from the Philippines.  from what i have felt,  i think he only need"s" to hear good news and a tap on the shoulder from the Philippines and from all the collectors here.

beyond occasional glitches, Koreandvds after all is the best korean dvd online store in asia.. hope you take some time today to email him your own positive perspectives..

;)

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2004 at 02:24 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #98 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 10:59 PM »
funny.. during my last conversation with "someone" from koreandvds.. i was singled out as one of their most difficult client.. imagine their frustration when during the TROY LE battle, i have continually shoot 3-4 pages of rebuttal and reasons why i deserve the Limited Edition item, everyday for 5 days.. anyhow, he was having a bad day and he admitted... 

..beyond occasional glitches, Koreandvds after all is the best korean dvd online store in asia.. hope you take your time today and email him your own positive perspectives..

hemisphere1234, wow...continually shoot 3-4 pages, everyday for 5 days?? You were indeed so "Makulit" (is this the right term to use pa?) no wonder that poor guy blew his top hehe  ;D  Yes agree it's the best korean dvd online store in asia (that I've used so far  ;) ) Sure will email them right away hem!  I'll try to shoot 3-4 pages of positive reasons for the next 5 days!  ;D 
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2004 at 11:01 PM by pchin »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #99 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 10:11 AM »
I really hope KoreanDVDs reconsiders. They continue to be my favorite online store this side of Asia, and they've never let me down.

What voj pointed out is true, btw. Theft and faud are the same reasons why Deepdiscount and Buy.com blacklisted us, and why Amazon allegedly has us on their watchlist. If Amazon starts banning Pinoy credit cards, that'll be a black day for PinoyDVD.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2004 at 03:34 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 02:44 PM »
agree with firewired and VOJ. 101%

but i cannot make both ends meet when i check every thread and figure out that only few collectors (at least in PinoyDVD) purchase or sell korean released dvds. therefore, i guess the chances of packages being lost is kinda slim.

also, when i suggested that koreandvds use DHL (similar to seoulselection.com shipment method ), he told me that "volume orders from the Philippines is not that big... and (also) cheaper EMS shipment method does not exist".

whoa!!!  im still wondering now if the Philippine market is too small to be "bypass(ed)" or too significant to a point that liabilities has affected profits in the process...

amidst all these, koreandvds reps are politically correct in addressing this situation. the rep was crystal clear in pointing out that packages are lost in the post office and not in the hands of pinoy collectors or consumers.  oh well..

where are we to go? where are we ever to go?

::)

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2004 at 03:14 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Dec 27, 2004 at 07:26 PM »
Finally my order of Black Hawk Down SDE has been shipped via EMS after undergoing extensive credit card verification....first time to order from them.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Dec 28, 2004 at 03:55 PM »
congrats aeris.. hope you did not miss these superbit sale exclusive to koreandvds..

some titles worth getting:

prices range from $12.99 to $14.99 plus shipping.. apply your 25% discount coupon (for new members) or your 10% coupon for previous registrants..

i recommend that you get Spiderman 1 Superbit (2 discs)..  very rare..

8)

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Dec 28, 2004 at 06:09 PM »
Thanks...I also pre-ordered Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60th Anniversary dvd for $10...will try to get spiderman superbit :)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 02:50 AM »
That Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60th Anniversary Ed at $10 seems to good to be true.. I saw it also but was hesitant to preorder it... Any feedback on this sir hem... waddya think?  ???

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 03:09 AM »
That Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60th Anniversary Ed at $10 seems to good to be true.. I saw it also but was hesitant to preorder it... Any feedback on this sir hem... waddya think?  ???

i think it's a legit copy and a good buy. the R1 SPR CC (only) release has no DTS track while this one has. this case is similar to spiderman 1 superbit (korean release) which is 2 discs. the second disc is a replication of the Spiderman SE's 2nd disc. nevertheless, a better buy.

also, when i chat with koreandvds owner via MSN, he mentioned this set and persuaded me to get it. got the R1, so no reason to double dip.. but i would recommend this set for the price alone.. di ka na lugi i guess..

just not sure if this is in digipack or if they use english in the contents..

8)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 03:22 AM »
thanks sir! was hesitant because of my experience with the Reservoir Dogs... might get this as well.. only problem is my most recent orders have not arrived yet... these were supposedly shipped Nov 29 pa  :-\

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 04:14 AM »
welcome!!!

dont fret jeckjeck.. i have not received some of my orders shipped first week of december.. baka next week, nandyan na..

let's keep our fingers crossed..  ::)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 04:47 AM »
i am hoping that my dvds did not become X'mas gifts for some PO employee  ;D
Mukhang naka-VL ka na today sir hem ha... bumamabawi because of the downtime sa site  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 10:55 AM »

i think it's a legit copy and a good buy. the R1 SPR CC (only) release has no DTS track while this one has. this case is similar to spiderman 1 superbit (korean release) which is 2 discs. the second disc is a replication of the Spiderman SE's 2nd disc. nevertheless, a better buy.

also, when i chat with koreandvds owner via MSN, he mentioned this set and persuaded me to get it. got the R1, so no reason to double dip.. but i would recommend this set for the price alone.. di ka na lugi i guess..

8)

Ordered this as a test if they will still accept orders from the Philippines.  Got this for less than $10 'cause of credits so it's really a good buy for me.  :)
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 12:38 PM »

Ordered this as a test if they will still accept orders from the Philippines.  Got this for less than $10 'cause of credits so it's really a good buy for me.  :)

wow.. they are still accepting orders from the Philippines til now. the issue is still subject to internal discussion. so no final word yet..

8)

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 02:39 PM »
My Black Hawk Down SDE and a free dvd of Romance and Rejection by Kevin Smith was delivered today at my house and paid only P30. That was fast, 2 days after it was shipped last Dec. 27. Based on the tracking no. from EMS, koreandvds.com is shipping to the Phils. through Phil. Airlines Cargo which has daily flights from Ichon to Manila. So it depends on the PO employees if they are efficient enough to deliver them on time. Sana nag-ems na rin ako sa pre-ordered Saving Private Ryan, kaya lang lalabas kasi na mas mahal pa yung ems shipping sa dvd so I used standard. Now, I'll email a thank you note to koreandvds for fast delivery. :)
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2004 at 03:17 PM by aeris30 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Dec 30, 2004 at 10:33 PM »

8)

How is the $10 Preorder Saving Private Ryan D-Day 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition to be released on Jan 3...
this one..

different from the one already released last November 12... ??? 
this one...

The descriptions and boxes are alike but an $11.46 difference???

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Dec 30, 2004 at 10:37 PM »
the first one is the initial print.. the second one is a reprint..  no difference if you ask me.. :)
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2004 at 10:41 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Dec 30, 2004 at 10:40 PM »
thanks again sir... so good buy talaga ito... I'm logged on to koreandvds kasi right now and was about to get the $10 one already when I saw the $21.46 version which made me wonder and hesitate again... will be buying it now then along with the Spider-man Superbit... this time shipping via EMS

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Dec 31, 2004 at 02:20 AM »
Anyone tried purchasing from koreandvds today? I tried purchasing dvds totaling $48.00 and my purchases wouldn't go through. I kept getting this message..

Declined. Sorry this transaction has been declined by your card issuer. No further information was passed to WorldPay as part of your confidentiality agreement with your card issuer. You may wish to try another card.

Initially I thought baka credit limit problems but I tried 3 different VIsa cards all with the same result. All 3 are current and have more than enough credit limit so I am not sure what the problem is. 2 of these cards I just recently used for Amazon purchases and okay naman.  ???

My fear is nagkatotoo na yung sinabi ni hemisphere na out na ang Pinas form koreandvds!  :-\ Sana hindi naman.. Or baka naman dahil may outstanding issue ako with the about my lost package??   ???

Somebody please check!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Dec 31, 2004 at 04:58 AM »
jeckjeck, some people experienced such technical glitch even when they have previously purchased from koreandvds.. by now, hope you have emailed koreandvds so we'll all be informed of the status or implication of such incident asap.

thanks for sharing dude..  update us..

8) 
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2004 at 05:18 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jan 01, 2005 at 01:10 AM »
I just ordered Big Fish Special LE on sale for $14.99 awhile ago using mastercard and my transaction pushed through. Got the usual confirmation emails from worldpay and koreandvds.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jan 01, 2005 at 01:23 AM »
I e-mailed koreandvds already but have not received a reply yet...
I tried purchasing again today but got the same result...  ??? :(
All teh cards I tried are Visa

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jan 01, 2005 at 02:16 AM »
I just ordered Big Fish Special LE on sale for $14.99 awhile ago using mastercard and my transaction pushed through. Got the usual confirmation emails from worldpay and koreandvds.

I thought aeris30 this is OOP already. They replenished their stocks?  ???