Author Topic: AVANT by Abenson  (Read 5611 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
AVANT by Abenson
« on: Oct 25, 2004 at 03:48 PM »
Has anybody been to this store at GB4? I passed by there on my way to AA in New World and it is an awesome place.

It is run by Abenson Marketing but it is really set up to be more interactive -- like the electronics stores in the US - Circuit City, etc...

The 1st level has your usual gadgets - digicams, laptops, cellphones. The 2nd level is where you should go.

The 2nd level is the home appliances section but a huge area is dedicated to Audio Video. The place is full of plasma and projector tvs. They're also set up with couches just like in HT stores for better viewing and listening.

I am just happy Abenson thought of putting up a place like it. Lalo tuloy akong nangigil sa mga flat panel tvs. Grrrrrr..... GOTTAHAVE1!

Drop by the place guys so you'll know what I'm talking about!  ;D

Offline Windrider

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AVANT by Abenson
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2004 at 04:14 PM »
I was there this morning. Galing ng concept ng place. Went to the 2nd floor and oh my gosh. Almost all the TV's they are selling are Plasma and LCD. Umaandar na lahat. As far as I can tell the best plasma is the one made by Sony. Kaso it is the most expensive one. Followed by Panasonic. Kasi kahit lumapit ka sa screen wala kang makikitang uneven colors, unlike the other brands. There's also a brand new Philips Plasma, pero di ko gusto, uneven ang mga colors. Try checking out the Appliance center din in Shoemart Makati. They have lots of displays din, just like the one in Abensons Avant. meron na ring JBL sa Shoemart Appliance Center Makati.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2004 at 04:29 PM »
"oh my gosh" are the same words that came out of my mouth when I saw the place... The 1st level is really like Circuit City & Fry's Electronics but the 2nd level was totally different!

Offline v0elker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2004 at 04:44 PM »
was there yesterday, maganda nga place, maluwag... dapat ganito mga displays satin... mababait and accommodating din yung mga sales.

noticed lang na yung ibang video displays nila hindi setup/connected optimally. some of the DLP rptv's we checked out were connected via composite video and the images were horrible, impression tuloy ni mrs ganon talaga mga large displays hehehe. to their credit, they were quick to remedy this. lets just hope they make it permanent. dapat din kasi mga vendors ni-o-orient nila mga sales about the optimal setup, sayang naman kung ma-handicap yung good displays with inferior connections.

Offline redline

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2004 at 02:55 PM »
i hope their sales staff is better trained. bolero yung mga nasa Abenson stores. aside from the fact that they have very little product knowledge.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2004 at 05:40 PM »
Passed by AVANT again coming from AA...

Okay talaga mga display nila ng flat screens and DLPs! wall to wall....

I just felt the sales guys need additional training. Overheard a sales person struggling to explain to a customer what the component connections are for...   :(

Offline number1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2010 at 08:01 PM »
I, too like all posters, was completely floored by the massive display of flat panels and the assortment of RPTV, DLP, etc... way back in 2004. This was something nobody has ever done in the Philippines (at that time).

Well today I passed by and went up to the 2nd flr (after not going there for almost 2-3 years), I was shocked to see that it has a become a typical appliance store with Refs, washing machine, vacuum, etc... occupying 60% of the 2nd flr (it used to be like 30% or less in 2004). Gone are the multitude viewing areas for demoing flat panels. Now there is only a very well worn barcelona chair to look at three Panasonic flat panels. On the other side, there is Samsung, Pioneer, and Sanyo?

I don't know if their business is so bad, which might explain the rapid decline in their showroom quality.

I haven't been to their Trinoma branch yet.

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2010 at 07:39 AM »
i -WAS- a regular costumer there, their service declined drastically in the last year, they have a poor management there now unlike before that they have initiative and prompt reply to problems, they need a lot of changes there right now when competition is very stiff with HT shops.
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 01:26 AM »
i -WAS- a regular costumer there, their service declined drastically in the last year, they have a poor management there now unlike before that they have initiative and prompt reply to problems, they need a lot of changes there right now when competition is very stiff with HT shops.

i did'nt like the service too. ang tamad mag bukas ng estante ng staff/supervisor. i was choosing an mp3 for my wife, parang ayaw nila ipakita akala siguro di ako bibili. kung di ko lang kasama asawa ko at that time di ako sa kanila bibili! :-[
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 09:34 AM »
well, for me its their after sales service that made me a loyal costumer but it's also the same reason I left. They used to have a good lady manager then, now they have a lame duck male manager who doesn't have balls, buti pa yung babae meron!
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline cianzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2010 at 07:35 PM »
may benta din bang receivers ang avant?
PSN: cianzepol