Author Topic: 5.1 Tube Amp for HT  (Read 6249 times)

Offline eXg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Deserve the Best!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 5.1 Tube Amp for HT
« Reply #30 on: Aug 06, 2005 at 06:00 AM »
In this imperfect world  :),  the option that I took, balancing procs and cons is "hybrids".  I am happy with my 5.1. 

hybrids=tube pre/ss output.  Mine is integrated.  Have no complaints.

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Aug 09, 2005 at 04:30 PM »
Watch out for AMX5.1 with eL84, at 15 watts x5. Coming soon! You will need a DVD player with 5.1 outputs, we will not be building the decoder anymore, just the amplifier sections. I think the 15watts per side (Have tried the 2Ch version on my HT) is more than adequate in driving my 88 dB HT loudspeakers, and the amp does not produce too much heat on class AB. I am considering also the 6V6 and have tried it too, only it is kinda hard to get, unlike EL84s.
You are right, with tube audio you can watch 2 to 3 DVDs in a single sitting without listening fatigue. Your Sub can be any SS powered type.

Pls. advice me when this will be available for audition.Thanks! Hope it will be better than Jolida.

Offline ccc

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2006 at 04:45 AM »
Any news on this?

Watch out for AMX5.1 with eL84, at 15 watts x5. Coming soon! You will need a DVD player with 5.1 outputs, we will not be building the decoder anymore, just the amplifier sections. I think the 15watts per side (Have tried the 2Ch version on my HT) is more than adequate in driving my 88 dB HT loudspeakers, and the amp does not produce too much heat on class AB. I am considering also the 6V6 and have tried it too, only it is kinda hard to get, unlike EL84s.
You are right, with tube audio you can watch 2 to 3 DVDs in a single sitting without listening fatigue. Your Sub can be any SS powered type.

Offline elvenears

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • dont drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2006 at 07:56 AM »
saan and kailan and sino ang meron nyan san pwede audition
from the antigravity defying force of an immortal jedi

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2006 at 04:06 PM »
Having tube amplification for HT is possible although you will need an SS processor since i still have to hear about a tube based processor.  The best way to go about this is to use monoblocks each of them powering each speaker.  You can also use 2 channel tube amplifiers but then you might want to go 6.1 so that you wont waste a channel of amplification.  Using the same amplification would also ensure that you have a timbre across the different channels since timbre seems to be key to a good HT system.

I might be wrong but HT/movies might require fasting sounding equipment while tube sound is mostly slower and more relaxed.  Thats just logic but then again i cold be wrong hehehe.  Havent tried a tube powered HT yet.

my 2 cents worth

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2006 at 04:11 PM »
this kind of amp would fit those into surround music, i wouldn't really use this amp for watching action movies but heck, if this come out i might still end up buying one  ;D

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 12:07 PM »
Ang alam ko may design na si AMX or Phasetron kasi isa sa mga pina design ko sa kanya kulang lang ang pera ko at prinayoriti ko ang high end tube equalizer. Puntahan mo para ma check uli. Ang alam ko nakakuha na siya ng magandang volume control special para sa 5.1.

Offline eRaSeR

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
magastos to ;D