Author Topic: Titanic SE  (Read 14145 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Titanic SE
« Reply #30 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 10:03 PM »
discs art:

8)
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2005 at 10:06 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 10:36 PM »
Wow.  Great cover art.  Better save na ;D.
same din as the R2 release ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 06:07 AM »
Wow.  Great cover art.  Better save na ;D.
same din as the R2 release ;D

the cover arts may be the same for the two versions, BUT the r1 SE has ONLY 3 discs while the r2 Deluxe CE w/ cameron's signature has 4 discs.....sana typo error lang ito, otherwise i will definitely get the r2 release 8)

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 03:25 PM »

the cover arts may be the same for the two versions, BUT the r1 SE has ONLY 3 discs while the r2 Deluxe CE w/ cameron's signature has 4 discs.....sana typo error lang ito, otherwise i will definitely get the r2 release 8)
OO nga no.  I didn't saw that ???  I think its correct that R2 is 4 disc and R1 is only 3 disc.  But what is missing?

Offline mongaddi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Trapped inside this Octavarium
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 05:31 PM »
OO nga no.  I didn't saw that ???  I think its correct that R2 is 4 disc and R1 is only 3 disc.  But what is missing?

good  question baby!  ???
I've been trying to justify you.
In the end I will just defy you.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 21, 2005 at 06:37 AM »

so, any clarification on this yet.....why is r1 only has 3-discs while r2 has 4-discs..... 8)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 21, 2005 at 12:03 PM »
for the UK Edition, found only the following specs:

- 4 Audio Commentaries Including Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet

- 90 Minutes Of Branched Behind-The-Scenes Footage

- Alternative Ending

- Comprehensive 3 Hour Making Of Documentary Including Research, Pre-Production And Post-Production Featurettes

- Over And Hour Of Deleted Scenes

- Special Effects Production Featurettes

- Remastered Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic

- Dolby Digital 6.1

- digital signature in packaging

+lots of other stuff.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 21, 2005 at 03:14 PM »
I read somewhere on a column from Digital Bits that the R1 3-Disc Special Edition is the counterpart of the R2 2-Disc Special Edition and that the R1 4-Disc Deluxe Edition has not been announced yet and it's cover art not yet known...

If this will be the case, then I guess the R1 Special Edition would be better than the R2 version...

Anyway, whatever release they may be, I'd still stick to R1...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 22, 2005 at 07:19 PM »
I read somewhere on a column from Digital Bits that the R1 3-Disc Special Edition is the counterpart of the R2 2-Disc Special Edition and that the R1 4-Disc Deluxe Edition has not been announced yet and it's cover art not yet known...

i've read this also but i highly doubt it (this is also the growing consensus at the dvdanswers.com) 8).....it's been about 10 days already after this "controversy" came out but until now no clarification yet has been made by paramount, what's the real score kaya ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2005 at 07:23 PM by classicman »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 06:47 AM »
here's the latest from digitalbits:

"Let's start with Titanic, shall we? According to a new story at Home Media Retailing, Titanic  will ONLY be released in a 3-disc DVD version. The original plan had been to release the film in 2-disc and 4-disc configurations, but the magazine is reporting that it was later decided (by Paramount and Fox presumably) simply to release a single 3-disc edition (presumably in all regions). Titanic  will reportedly include a branching option that allows you to view deleted footage in the place it would have been included in the film (in lieu of an actual extended edition of the film). By the way, there are reports of 4-disc releases of the film in some places, but we're hearing that this is simply the 3-disc DVD set, plus the soundtrack CD. We're waiting for official confirmation from both Paramount and Fox, so stay tuned."

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #40 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 08:05 AM »
Hmm...guess we will have to wait & see.  :-\

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #41 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 12:24 PM »
an upcoming website for the release: http://www.titanicmovie.com/

it's confirmed, only a 3-Disc edition is to be released in all countries...maybe the 4-Disc edition does include the OST.

masyado ng madaming DVD ire-release on the date of my birthday...Titanic SE, Tarzan SE, Emperor's New Groove SE, Batman Begins, Batman Movie Anthology...baka may gusto magregalo naman jan. ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2005 at 12:47 PM by seph1018 »
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 06:29 AM »
here's the latest from The Rumor Mill of the digitalbits:

The BBFC website has also issued a "12" rating on some 62 minutes of branching footage from 20th Century Fox and Paramount's forthcoming Titanic: Special Edition  (click here for that). This seems to include deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes/production video, which will all be viewable in context while you're watching the film via a non-seamless branching option (on Discs One and Two of the three disc set). The list of video clips is as follows (thanks to Bits  reader Justin B. for the link): Deep Dive, Upside-down Wreck Miniature, Escondido Underwater Set, Two Roses, Sinking Simulation, 1912 Morph Transition VFX, Southampton Flop, A View from the Pub VFX, Leaving Port VFX, Melting Pot, The Millionaire's Suite, The Engine Room, Titanic at Sea, Digital People, The Million Dollar Shot, The Big Exterior Ship Set, Rose Suicide, Big Ship Set VFX, Tux Story, The Grand Staircase, Costume Design, First Class Dining Room, Dinner Shoot, Third Class Party, A Woman's Place, The Etiquette Kid, The Boiler Room, Flooding Hold Miniature, Iceberg/Deck VFX, Boiler Room Flooding, First Class Lounge Miniature, Shooting in Steerage, Kate's Action Costume, Crane as Helicopter, Lifeboats 13 &  15, Flooded First Class Dining Room, Stage 2 Sinking Set, Faking a Tilt, The Sinking Riser, Ship Extensions, Falling Funnel, Grand Staircase Flooding, Miniature Hall Flooding, Jumping Stunts, Tilting Poop Deck, Deck Sliders, Digital Stunt People, Sinking Videomatic, Ship Split Miniature, Vertical Poop Deck Stunts, The Toilet Paper Shot, Final Plunge VFX, Underwater Greenscreen, Interior Tank Shoot, Breath Shots, Exterior Tank Shoot, Ice Makeup, Open Lifeboats and the Carpathia, Carpathia Medal, The Final Shot and Making the Music Video.

8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 04, 2005 at 06:43 AM »
i think it's now settled that r1 will be releasing only a 3-disc special collector's edition......this is already up for pre-orders at dvdempire for about $19.++, sugod na ;D

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 04, 2005 at 07:07 AM »

Titanic (1997) (3pc) (Ws Coll Spec Dig)

It's also available at:
AMAZON for $20.99
DVD EMPIRE for $19.99

only $ 1 difference.  :)
What are you waiting for.  Order now. :)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #45 on: Aug 04, 2005 at 08:14 AM »

it's confirmed, only a 3-Disc edition is to be released in all countries...maybe the 4-Disc edition does include the OST.

Amazon.de still hasn't updated its description. So far already up for pre-order as "Titanic. Deluxe Collector's Editon (4 DVDs)"  Anyone would like to try it? :P

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 04, 2005 at 09:05 AM »

Titanic (1997) (3pc) (Ws Coll Spec Dig)

It's also available at:
AMAZON for $20.99
DVD EMPIRE for $19.99

only $ 1 difference.  :)
What are you waiting for.  Order now. :)

There's another one title in Amazon that has a (Ws Coll Spec Chk Dig) on the title and has the same price. What does "Chk" mean?
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2005 at 09:06 AM by RadicalDude »

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 04, 2005 at 02:01 PM »
There's another one title in Amazon that has a (Ws Coll Spec Chk Dig) on the title and has the same price. What does "Chk" mean?
I also don't know what "Chk" mean.  I'm still waiting for the editors description. :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 07, 2005 at 02:05 AM »
revised artwork from DVDANSWERS:

8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 07, 2005 at 06:19 AM »
i think the r1 original artwork w/o the "kilikili" of cameron is much much better, hehehe ;D, the presence of his signature is cool but not his picture, pumangit tuloy yung pic ng barko mismo >:( >:D
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2005 at 06:25 AM by classicman »

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #50 on: Aug 07, 2005 at 08:39 AM »
the 1st design is much more classy, the revised is, what word to say it?...."cheezy".  maybe cameron demanded that his picture should be included in the cover...."ako nag direct nito eh!" ;D

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 07, 2005 at 01:11 PM »
well at least now, his signature is included...

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #52 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 09:52 AM »
got even lower in amazon $19.49 (35% off)

;D
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline maverickph

• Collector
  • DVD Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 04:44 PM »
revised artwork from DVDANSWERS:

8)

Bawas na sigurado bonus ko nito pag na release na to. tsk tsk tsk. Grabe na gastos ngayon in dollars na.
Happy to meet You.

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #54 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 08:57 PM »
packaging looks good... i hate the covert though  ;D 

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 09:59 PM »
i'm keeping my options open (so to speak) on this one :-\......if the 4-disc CE of r2 pushes through as advertised & posted by some european sites, i might opt for that one, plus wala ata yung pic ni JC sa cover art ng r2 CE, hehehe ;D

Offline sheilamay

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 02:01 AM »
 :o This is the reason why Titanic Single Disc Edition price dropped to $7.50
My Friendster/Yahoo Messenger is [email protected]

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 12:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

The Single disc will be attractive to those who are not interested in the SE.   ;)

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 12:20 PM »
PinoyDVD Preorder link to Amazon:

Titanic (Special Collector's Edition) (3-Disc Set)
List Price: $29.99
Amazon Price: $19.49 (35% off)
DVD Release Date: October 25, 2005
Number of discs: 3

Please click on this link when ordering. Thank you! ;D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000ANVQAA/ref=ase_pinoydvd-20
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2005 at 02:49 PM by DVDiva »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 10:37 PM »
Well... we've received an official update from Paramount and 20th Century Fox with details about the forthcoming special edition DVD re-issue of Titanic, set for release on 10/25 in the U.S. (with international release dates to follow). Some of you will be happy, while others will likely be less so. We've confirmed now that there will be THREE different DVD versions available... but not to everyone. All three versions will include anamorphic widescreen video mastered from a new high-definition transfer, along with both Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES audio options. Here's the breakdown of the three versions, along with specific details on the extras set to be included with each:

The Titanic: 2-Disc Special Edition will be available in Europe, Australia and Latin America (from 20th Century Fox). This set will include the film itself, along with a 9-minute alternate ending, some 50 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage and featurettes accessible via a branched viewing option during the film, and 3 newly-recorded audio commentary tracks featuring director James Cameron, members of the cast and crew, and historians talking about the actual events.

The Titanic: 3-Disc Special Collector's Edition will be available in the U.S., Japan and Korea (from Paramount in the U.S. and 20th Century Fox elsewhere). It will include the film itself and ALL of the 2-Disc Special Edition's bonus features, along with over 45 minutes of "newly-finished" deleted scenes (complete with final, feature-quality visual effects), several production and special effects featurettes looking at various aspects of the making of the film, and the complete 43-minute Titanic: Breaking New Ground TV special on the making of the film.

Finally, the Titanic: 4-Disc Deluxe Collector's Edition will be available in Europe, Australia and Latin America (from 20th Century Fox). It will include the film itself and ALL of the extras in the 2-Disc Special Edition and 3-Disc Special Collector's Edition, along with HBO's First Look special on the making of the film (entitled Titanic: The Heart of the Ocean), 3 short Titanic parodies and a gallery of trailers for the film (including some never before seen).

Unfortunately, we're very sorry to say that Ed Marsh's highly-anticipated, feature-length documentary on the making of the film, which was announced at Paramount and Fox's original press event for the DVD release, will NOT be included on any version. This is unofficial, but we've learned from our sources that it was apparently killed by none other than Cameron himself. We can only presume that some of it at least will survive in the form of the behind-the-scenes featurettes now confirmed for the 3 and 4-disc sets, but the exact number of (and details about) these featurettes is unfortunately still to be announced. There's also no confirmation yet on whether Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have recorded audio commentary for the DVD release (although at the time of the original press conference, both had reportedly expressed a willingness to participate if their scheduled permitted). We SUSPECT (but this is not official) that this means either or both are still yet to be recorded (our experience is that when such details are left out of official announcements, it's generally because they're still up in the air).

from Digitalbits