Author Topic: DTS Demo Disc  (Read 2355 times)

Offline KORG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm Carlo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DTS Demo Disc
« on: Nov 21, 2004 at 03:23 AM »
Guys, tanong ko lang kung ano ang laman nitong disc na ito, actually, i won it sa Grand EB natin! D ko pa kasi nakukuha sa listening is sytle yung disc eh, excited lang ako malaman kung ano ang laman nun? Mga trailers ng DTS? Pang calibrate?  ???

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
Re: DTS Demo Disc
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 07:44 PM »
Scenes from DVD'S with DTS.

Usually the scenes are about 5 to 6 min long..scenes where you could appreciate if you have HT set-up

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 01:10 PM »
If you buy a DTS-CD or DVD-A title over at Montage, you get two(2) DTS and DVD-A demo discs FREE.  Each has around 10-12 excellent multichannel and stereo tracks. 

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 01:34 PM »
If you buy a DTS-CD or DVD-A title over at Montage, you get two(2) DTS and DVD-A demo discs FREE.  Each has around 10-12 excellent multichannel and stereo tracks. 

Wow this is a nice offer. Thanks for the info..

Offline KORG

• Collector
  • I'm Carlo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 01:05 AM »

Sir, where exactly is montage located?  ??? :)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 11:12 AM »
2nd floor, Greenbelt 4, Makati

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 07:43 AM »

Kasama ba sa mga dvd-a,cd yung free? i was inspecting kahapon yung mga DTS titles nilA,cd AND dvd-a pero wala namang kasama na free? or they will give it to you upon purchase?

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 01:38 PM »
Sir AVP,
     I bought a DTS-CD and a 2-disc regular CD last night from Montage but wala naman ibinigay na free demo discs.   :(  ???  :'(

Know Thyself!

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 02:21 PM »

Kasama ba sa mga dvd-a,cd yung free? i was inspecting kahapon yung mga DTS titles nilA,cd AND dvd-a pero wala namang kasama na free? or they will give it to you upon purchase?

They offer it upon purchase at the counter.  I was there with a fellow PinoyDVD member after the EB and we both got the freebie.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2004 at 02:23 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 02:23 PM »
Sir AVP,
     I bought a DTS-CD and a 2-disc regular CD last night from Montage but wala naman ibinigay na free demo discs.   :(  ???  :'(

Either naubusan na, or they're waiting to be asked.  ;D

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 02:30 PM »
Di kaya limited time offering lang?

Remember last EB (Saturday), may 3 day sale ang Ayala Malls... di ka ya during that time lang...

Offline KORG

• Collector
  • I'm Carlo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 02:33 PM »

Either naubusan na, or they're waiting to be asked.  ;D

D kaya naubusan na sila?  :'(

Offline KORG

• Collector
  • I'm Carlo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 01:41 AM »
Update guys, nakuha ko na yung DTS demo disc ko courtesy of listening in style, demo disc no. 7 sya, may DTS trailer na the DIGITAL EXPERIENCE!  8)

Here is some of the info about the clips

The minority report sequence is a chase and fight in an automobile assembly plant of the future. It is specially notable for the LOW FREQUENCY EFFECTS of the shockwave gun and the assembly equipment. In Extended sorround for ES MATRIX and standard decoders

Bourne Identity and The Fast and the Furious clips are two very different car chase sequences, one through Paris, the other an attempted truck hijacking. Both clips illustrate the effective use of the SURROUND CHANNELS to convey the motion of the vehicles

Behind Enemy Lines is specially effective in illustrating the DYNAMIC RANGE of digital soundtracks and the CONTRAST available to the sound designer. The first part of the clip is silent except for the airman's footsteps; then distant voices echo through space; finally trip wires set off large explosions.

E.T. needs no introduction, for its 20th anniversary re-release, the soundtrack was remixed for discrete 5.1 with Extended Surround, for ES MATRIX and standard decoders.

From Fantasia 2000: Stravinsky's firebird, conducted by James Lavine. This clip illustrates the beauty and drama of FULL ORCHESTRA CAPTURED IN 5.1 CHANNELS.

The Eric Clapton clip is an excerpt from the MUSIC FOR MONSERRAT DVD VIDEO. This solo performance with only vocal and acoustic guitar, illustrates how 5.1 discrete recording captures the full AMBIANCE OF THE LARGE PERFORMANCE AREA.

Shiela Nicholls and Insane Clown Posse are artists featured on DVD-AUDIO disc from DTS entertainment. In very different ways, they illustrate the power of DISCRETE SURROUND FOR MUSIC in any style. Both clips are in 6.1 DISCRETE, for ES and standard decoders.

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2008 at 01:42 PM »
Just got my Wharfedale 9 series and would like to get hold of a copy of the DTS Demo Disc 9 or 10 to help me set up the location of the speakers. Any ideas or suggestions on where to get them and how much? TIA