Author Topic: Official Classic Thread  (Read 1919 times)

Offline AudioAmp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Official Classic Thread
« on: Nov 22, 2004 at 12:58 PM »
Introducing Classic 6.4 Integrated Amplifier...

Power Output: 80W (RMS, 8 ohms); 120W (RMS, 4ohms)
Frequency Response : 5Hz ~ 125kHz ± 3dB
Total Harmonic Distortion : 0.015% (1KHz 80W 8ohm); 0.015% (10KHz 80W 8ohm)
Signal to noise ratio : 101Db
Input Sensitivity: 0.38V (0dB)
Input Impedance: 50K
Dimensions : 430 x 260 x 65 mm
Weight: 7.4kg
Power Consumption: 12W

INTRO PRICE:  Php 15,500
The best value for money hi-fi amp.

Sir - levi... i know this is a solid state amp but might as well leave the Classic thread here since they have more tube amps than ss.  I'll post the tube once later.

Offline butchoy8701

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Vacuum tube lover
  • Liked:
Re: Official Classic Thread
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 11:13 AM »
I heard this amp at Hi-Fi lounge and it sounds great.  Is the classic brand under Cayin (Spark)? ??? I'm planning to get this amp and connect it to my CDT-15A.  I have a A-50T tube amp but lacks the energy when playing rock/upbeat music.   

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2006 at 05:56 PM »
What speakers are you using for your A-50T?  Just curious.  Because another option for you might be to try to upgrade to Mundorf caps which normally gives the A-50T even tighter bass reproduction.  However, if you want felxibility of solidstate then Classic is a very good choice.

Classic is made by a different company than Cayin.  This company makes very good products as well and in fact is very popular in Australia.  Check out the sites below to see how much Classic is priced abroad.

http://www.homeentertainment.com.au/plessis.html
http://www.livingstoneaudio.com.au/pages/default.cfm?page_id=25497

Sound character wise, classic is quite warm for solid state and matches almost all speakers well.

Oh.. the 6.4 is abit lower than the 6.10 which is priced at 25,000.  You can give the 6.10 a try.  Just tell tito and we can send him a unit.

Offline butchoy8701

• Collector
  • Vacuum tube lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2006 at 08:05 PM »
Hi,

I'm using DALI concept 2 speakers.  I don't want to touch my A-50T as of the moment, it has only been with me for just over a month.  I sent you a pm regarding leisure 2se a few days ago about dali vs. aurum.  The 6.4 would be ok with me.   I just find the output of tubes a bit soft (malambing) :D compared to SS that has more power and speed.  There are times when i like listening to rock music, depends on my mood.  I read so many debates on SS vs Tubes, but for me, I would like to get the best of both worlds.

Offline Adam Warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 11:47 AM »
Sir,
I've read that you have audition the 860. Any comment about the sound and flexibility of this amp. Its a  6550 base amp I know these tube can rock  :)

Cheers

Offline butchoy8701

• Collector
  • Vacuum tube lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 11:56 PM »
Yah, that baby rocked my world! ;D Deeper bass, unremarkable layering and improved soundstage.  I was surprised with the sound quality that was coming out of the leisure 2se, i thought it has a limited bass when it is tapped on the a 50t but when tito hooked it up on the 860,  everything changed.   It seems the 860 was able to harness the full potential of leisure 2se. :o :o

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 06:05 PM »
There are a few tube amps that can give ss a run for their money even when it comes to bass and speed.  Our 800MK with 3E29 tubes is one solid example.  Speed and power rolled into one.  The 860 is another example.  However these are monoblocks.

If you want a secondary "play" unit the Classic 6.4 should do pretty well with the leisure 2se.  We've tried that pair already and it does well.

Offline macmac09

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • newbie forever
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2007 at 02:16 PM »
do you have classic cd players? can you please pm me the price as well as the amps. tnx

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2007 at 11:17 AM »
Sir,

We do not carry classic CD players since they do not make tube CD players which we prefer sonically versus the conventional ones.  However, we also carry Xindak CD players which are tube based and very competitively priced for the moment.

Xindak Muse 3.0 at 32,000 ONLY!  :)