Author Topic: Express Mail Service (EMS) Service  (Read 41514 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Express Mail Service (EMS) Service
« on: Dec 17, 2004 at 11:05 AM »
my Infernal Affairs Boxset already shipped via this service. Angolz.com gave me a tracking number for EMS monitoring but i realized i was in for quite a surprise after i checked the EMS tracking page (HongkongPost.com) and look for the Philippines link. There is no EMS website for our country!!!

weird.. anyone knows the link to track my EMS shipped order?  The Hongkongpost only states.. left HK to country destination

??? ???
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2004 at 03:10 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
Re: EMS Service
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2004 at 06:27 PM »
mmm.. bro hemmi, sa post office lang yata 'tong ems na 'to!  i don't know of any websites, you ask philpost for details.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 02:18 PM »
krets dude.. got the package today. bilis pala pag EMS.  thanks for the heads up. :)

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 02:46 PM »
krets dude.. got the package today. bilis pala pag EMS.  thanks for the heads up. :)

EMS - Express Mail Service

That's why mabilis yan Bro Hemi. Counterpart niyan sa US post is Priority service mail. Thats what my brod in the US use to send the DVDs I asked him to purchase at retail stores such as best buy, walmart, target et. al. And to top it off, no tax since our office is also involved in Postal business din kaya may "koneksyon"...SHHHHH :-X
However, downside lang is the service is so costly. For a 20 lbs. box from Washington DC usually costs me $100 with 4-6 days transit time.

8)
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2004 at 02:52 PM by Flyboy »
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 03:06 PM »
flyboy..  thanks for your reply.

bilis nga.. i ordered Infernal Affairs Boxset from HK. the price difference between regular air mail and EMS is $4.00. i think they are encouranging and pushing for EMS for 95% assured receipt of shipments. unfortunately, there is no EMS website for the Philippines. :(

funny thing is... when the package was delivered, the postmen told me that some packages are usually taxed heavily and i was lucky that mine was not opened and subjected to the same fate... after 20 mins.. i realized that their statement means "please show appreciation by giving us incentives." LOL. i was too sleepy when they arrived i can hardly read between the lines.. dyahe.

i think EMS has a $100 limit. actually, this is a wiser shipment method.  i dont need to claim it in the PO, haggle with the customs people and no mail and road traffic especially during xmas.. adding the corresponding prices and unforeseen costs, $20 isn't bad at all.

was glad i tried it. thanks also to pchin for the heads up. 

8)
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2004 at 03:27 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
Re: Express Mail Service (EMS) Service
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 03:15 PM »
Thats great! In my part kasi, most of my purchases is almost $200 in just one box thats why I would prefer EMS to avoid taxes pa. Hehehe!!

8)
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2004 at 09:49 PM »
flyboy.. i think EMS has a $100 limit. actually, this is a wiser shipment method.  i dont need to claim it in the PO, haggle with the customs people and no mail and road traffic especially during xmas.. adding the corresponding prices and unforeseen costs, $20 isn't bad at all.

was glad i tried it. thanks also to pchin for the heads up.   8)

Not a problem bro  ;) Glad u got yur Infernal Affairs in such a short time & hassle free!  :)

Well, for once my recent order a week ago from Koreandvds shipped by EMS still no where to be seen. I've a bad feeling it has landed in the custom's (a.k.a. Crocodile) hands!  >:( Because of teh Xmas season...the limit US$100 may not be applicable... What a bumper!  :-[

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2004 at 10:08 AM »
ei pchin... was surprised to see my infernal affairs arrived so soon.

hopefully, you can get your koreandvds shipment asap. kinda frustrating to know that the government who encourages its people to patronize original legitimate merchandise is the very same government who threatens the   sanctity of its rules and system.

haaayyy.. Pilipinas!! anyhow, we just have to learn to work our way in this labyrnth to get our money's worth.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 03:27 PM »
Got my package today from koreandvds.com delivered straight to my house...2 days after it was shipped last Dec. 27 via EMS :)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 06:36 PM »

Well, for once my recent order a week ago from Koreandvds shipped by EMS still no where to be seen. I've a bad feeling it has landed in the custom's (a.k.a. Crocodile) hands!  >:( Because of teh Xmas season...the limit US$100 may not be applicable... What a bumper!  :-[

Finally got my order! There was a mix up in the shipping method. Instead of EMS, Koreandvds used standard shipping. No wonder it's taking so long. Well at least I got it na. Phew! :)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 08:38 PM »
my order was shipped Nov 29 and up to now wala pa rin!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 10:51 PM »
my order was shipped Nov 29 and up to now wala pa rin!!!

did you use EMS jeckjeck?

weird.. mine arrived two days after i received the notification from an online store..  ???

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2004 at 07:09 PM »
nope eh... now i wish I had.... just taking off from waht pchin posted that his was mistakenly sent via standard mail he ordered 1st or 2nd week of December that he already received...

I e-mail koreandvds about this and they gave very brief response asking me to check with customs here and I quote, "And please let us know one more time if you do not receive it until over 40 days after shipping." Does this mean they will act on it after 40 days have lapsed and the dvds still don't show up???  ??? :( :'(

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2004 at 07:16 PM »
jeckjeck, watch and learn.. :)

answers on a different  thread btw..

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2004 at 07:21 PM »
Thanks... I hope I don't get disappointed.. otherwise, I'm changing my forum signature!  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2005 at 09:26 PM »
Got my Saving Private Ryan from koreandvds via EMS today.. three days delivery! That was fast!

One thing though, the post office guy who delivered it, of course, collected the P30 fee but even after I gave him the money,  he sort of just stayed there looking at me as if waiting for something... I could have easily given him a few bucks but I did not want to do that... He's doing his job for crying out loud! I did not want to fuel his expectations that he deserves to get tips and extras for simply doing what he is already being paid to do...

I just said thank after he handed me the receipt and started to turn away. He said "Salamat sir" in a sarcastic tone and walked away. When he was a few steps away he turned around pa and said, "Kumusta na lang ha!" What he meant by that I do not know...

tsk... tsk... tsk...

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 12:15 AM »
 ;D In fairness to Koreandvds, their airmail service was okay to me. My orders usually arrive not more than 10 days from shipping confirmation. One even came in 5 days. It's the postal service that really sucks. That's why I check out NIA Post Office even without that damned postal notice for after all, it's replaceable upon proof of ID. And airmail proved beneficial to me coz apart from being much cheaper, I have never encountered any hassles at the NIA Post. You just pay P30  (except Amazon packs coz they're locally mailed) and pay taxes only when your package had hit above $50. Even then, they will grant you allowances for minimal excess of that limit.  Siguro talagang depende lang yan sa Post Office.

Sayang I missed that last chance with Koreandvds. Now I have to contend with their EMS which although a bit fast and reliable, will jack up your expenses. 

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 03:41 AM »
Tama ka dyan sir blitzkrieg... had a couple of successful standard shipments from koreandvds but my last order of 2 dvds was lost na... buti sana kung delays lanh yung risk natin using standard shipping but LOST SHIPMENTS REALLY SCREW US BIG TIME...  >:(

Kaya nga the last order I made was thru EMS na lang even though my EMS fee was more expensive than the dvd itself... Anyway, it was just a trial to test out EMS and ayun nga, got hte package in 3 days!  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2005 at 02:20 PM »
using this delivery method, no POs na ba? pano pag sa office ung shipping address ko?  ::)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2005 at 04:11 PM »
using this delivery method, no POs na ba? pano pag sa office ung shipping address ko?  ::)

this service goes thru the post office still but the package gest delivered to your doorstep... You would need to pay P30 processing fee and an official government recipt will be issued to you... As with any delivery, you need to be there when they deliver it because you need to sign off for it.  ;D Anyway, they deliver office hours. If you know you won't be around, siguro pwede ka ng mag-iwan ng letter and ID  to whoever can receive it for you plus the P30 of course... Estimate mo na, if you got the shipping notice yesterday, the package will arrive with in the week for sure!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2005 at 04:59 PM »
nice, no more POs therefore no more taxes?  ::)  i hope mabait si mr postman at wag ng humingi ng tip  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2005 at 08:22 PM »
nice, no more POs therefore no more taxes?  ::)  i hope mabait si mr postman at wag ng humingi ng tip  ;D

not always.. orders exceeding $100 are still subjected to tax sometimes.. be careful na lang..

:)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2005 at 10:04 PM »
not always.. orders exceeding $100 are still subjected to tax sometimes.. be careful na lang..

i should've given my EMS man a little something when he delivered my Saving Private Ryan!  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 08:08 AM »

so sigurado ba na wala ng tax ang purchases less than $100? ilan usually binibigay niyong tip?

Offline patring

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 09:34 PM »
this service goes thru the post office still but the package gest delivered to your doorstep... You would need to pay P30 processing fee and an official government recipt will be issued to you... As with any delivery, you need to be there when they deliver it because you need to sign off for it.  ;D Anyway, they deliver office hours. If you know you won't be around, siguro pwede ka ng mag-iwan ng letter and ID  to whoever can receive it for you plus the P30 of course... Estimate mo na, if you got the shipping notice yesterday, the package will arrive with in the week for sure!

what happens if there's no one to receive the package?  we're all working kasi and no one's home during daytime.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 09:42 PM »
i think they will try again but you may end up picking it up from the PO

Offline patring

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 01:43 AM »
i'm ok with picking up the package from the PO but will there be a bigger chance that i'll be taxed?  that's what i'm worried about.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 12:51 PM »
Just few days ago got my order from KoreanDVD worth about US$ 70 including shipping. No tax except the delivery charge P50 :) My staff got it on my behalf as I wasn't in the office during the delivery.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 04:33 PM »
Just few days ago got my order from KoreanDVD worth about US$ 70 including shipping. No tax except the delivery charge P50 :) My staff got it on my behalf as I wasn't in the office during the delivery.

nakailang araw ang order mo, pchin?  ::)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 14, 2005 at 04:53 PM »
nakailang araw ang order mo, pchin?  ::)

It's a pre-order. The movie was released 5 Jan & shipped on the same day. I got it on 11 Jan. Excluding Sat & Sun, that's only 4 or 5 working days.  :) In my past experience esp with EMS shipping from KoreanDVDs, it usually reached my doorstep btw 3 to 6 days.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2005 at 04:54 PM by pchin »