Author Topic: Express Mail Service (EMS) Service  (Read 41502 times)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
Re: Express Mail Service (EMS) Service
« Reply #90 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 10:27 AM »
i don't think so, you'll have to pick it up in philpost's ems provincial and main offices
but i wouldn't suggest ems again!!!
hey ems is fast but you get hassled by customs
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline manilabynight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Jul 25, 2008 at 12:17 PM »
i don't think so, you'll have to pick it up in philpost's ems provincial and main offices
but i wouldn't suggest ems again!!!
hey ems is fast but you get hassled by customs

My experience in the past with the postal service people in Q.C. central post office - they told me if the number of DVD's do not exceed three items and/or the total cost of the package does not exceed US$50 then they do normally do not impose taxes. The only thing that they will require is the $35 parcel handling fee. I was personally told by some "front line" people I know there.

With Expedited shipping method on the other hand, my observations are the postal/customs people get very particular specially if it is an online store that normally issues a purchase receipt/declaration accompanying the package.

In my experience, the few instances where the shipment was delivered directly to my house and was untaxed (sans the 35 pesos postal parcel fee I had to pay the person delivering the package) was:

(1) when the item(s) I ordered was from an eBay seller (sender address usually the seller's name and not from some obvious, established online company)
(2) the package wasn't so physically huge or heavy that didn't exceed 1kg declared as a gift or personal item;
or
(3) no receipt accompanying the package - usually the case with some online sellers who send you an online receipt instead via email or the web.

I don't know of any other conditions that those "GREEDY" EMS customs people are looking for.

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #92 on: Jul 25, 2008 at 06:29 PM »
ems per se is not to blame but the customs officers around them
as you said it, if it's a huge box and coming from an online retail shop they know that they can charge duties
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline jondextan

• Apprentice
  • now look where my video gaming brought me...
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Aug 14, 2008 at 03:37 PM »
i guess mas okay yung customs officer namin dito sa davao post office. i regularly visit the EMS window kasi i often use them for shipment from outside. the customs officer i always see just asks me if i bought the items for personal use and i say yes (in the friendliest way i can) and i only pay the P35. and that includes lenses and cameras and whatever. :D i only got taxed ones when i ordered 3 Nikon SB800s from B&H and it was minimal and worth it. :D
MACrosoft

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #94 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:41 PM »
may ems ba mura from canada to phil?

Offline nevans08

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
Just want to ask...I recently bought an electronic product (PMP) from HK and it was delivered here thru EMS...it cost me $113 including the shipping fee...my question is..do i need to pay taxes from customs?

thanks!

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #96 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
Just want to ask...I recently bought an electronic product (PMP) from HK and it was delivered here thru EMS...it cost me $113 including the shipping fee...my question is..do i need to pay taxes from customs?

thanks!
meron tax yan.
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline nevans08

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM »
how much kaya? pero sabi naman kanina nung shop sa HK thru live chat eh wala na daw

Offline Shakatak

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Apr 11, 2011 at 07:21 PM »
malamang ang babayaran mong tax around 800-1200 pesos...
SVSound or Nothing

Offline edflores80

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2011 at 08:40 AM »
Hi. as a newbie to this site can i safetly assume that using this service is reliable? that my items wont get ripped off?

I dont mindi tipping the delivery guy......replies please...PMs anyone??

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2011 at 08:33 PM »
In my case, I had encountered many bad experiences. IMO EMS has one of the worst service. 

-Very unreliable service. I thought one of my orders got lost but actually EMS kept it for 2 mths. :-[
-EMS supposed to be express courier but my packages ended up btw 2weeks to 2 mths depending on the situation...  >:(
-Plenty crocs will take a BIG bite! All my packages won't be sent to my address instead I got a notification card asking me to pick up at the EMS office in Pasay. This is where all the crocs will take action!  >:(
-Each package they will slice it open to check what's inside...so if you're collecting something mint or MIB, BEWARE!

Hopefully others are spared from similar fate...  :-\

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2605
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2011 at 04:50 AM »
In my case, I had encountered many bad experiences. IMO EMS has one of the worst service. 

-Very unreliable service. I thought one of my orders got lost but actually EMS kept it for 2 mths. :-[
-EMS supposed to be express courier but my packages ended up btw 2weeks to 2 mths depending on the situation...  >:(
-Plenty crocs will take a BIG bite! All my packages won't be sent to my address instead I got a notification card asking me to pick up at the EMS office in Pasay. This is where all the crocs will take action!  >:(
-Each package they will slice it open to check what's inside...so if you're collecting something mint or MIB, BEWARE!

Hopefully others are spared from similar fate...  :-\

IMHO, pasay post office is one of the worst (if not the worst) post office in metro manila. grabe ung mga customs officer dyan. sila mismo gumagawa ng kwenta nilang astronomical  ::)
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Clinton

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2011 at 07:17 AM »
IMHO, pasay post office is one of the worst (if not the worst) post office in metro manila. grabe ung mga customs officer dyan. sila mismo gumagawa ng kwenta nilang astronomical  ::)

meron silang magical calculator. :P

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2011 at 07:59 AM »

Yes, Philip. I forgot to mention it's the EMS Pasay office. So Philip has also certified my bad experience, hence sad to say I'm not alone.  :-\  It seems the customs officers have a certain "special daily quota" to meet if you know what I mean. It's a room full of ferocious crocs. Once you're inside it's a massacre:'(

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
meron silang magical calculator. :P

Yes, it can do magic...it can make money in our pockets disappear into thin air! :(

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2605
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2011 at 08:08 AM »
It's a room full of ferocious crocs.

two legged crocs to be exact ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2011 at 09:12 AM »
They why not do something about it,
iparating sa kinauukulan, or i-media ninyo ng magka-alaman,...

ABC