Author Topic: F·R·I·E·N·D·S  (Read 26262 times)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #60 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 08:22 AM »
CrUzSACK like kakabanas said, it may be nothing. I suggest you wait for it to be shown here. But if you really want to know, PM me, and I'll spill the beans, along with my doomsday theory. :P

Also, if FRIENDS spoilers appeal to you, you might want to join this yahoogroup:

[email protected] and browse their previous messages.

Uy thanks!  I think I may have already subscribed to Roni Raab's spoilers but that was eons ago, using my now non-existent edsamail account. I was in fact looking for this. Thanks!!!!! :) Oh and yes, PM me the spoiler for now, while I subscribe to Roni's list. Hehehe.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2002 at 08:24 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Oct 18, 2002 at 08:15 AM »
Looks like this is REALLY the final season of FRIENDS.

In an interview with David Letterman in his show, David Schwimmer sort of insinuated he's not interested to sign another deal.  In an interview with Jay Leno in his show, Matt leBlanc sort of verified that there is one Friend who might be thinking of not doing it anymore and he or she can verify it when he or she stops by at the show.

If you ask me and if I was David Schwimmer, I'd leave too.  Actors who are serious about their craft (like David, who started in theater) enjoy doing things that would challenge them. If the writers didn't make his character become such a loser,  I'm pretty sure he'd stick it out some more.  His character is the only one that grew backwards. I like him more in the first three seasons.

He doesn't need money, he's got lots of them now.  I mean, $24M  and more for this last season, I'd move on too and pursue other artistic endeavors.

8)
k
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2002 at 08:17 AM by kakabanas »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Oct 18, 2002 at 08:24 AM »
Thanks, I read your PM Phobos.... :(  :(  :( Sad ako.....Maybe they had to reduce the screen time rin because of the star's personal problems. Favorite ko pa naman siya sa lahat! :(

And kakabanas' post makes me a little sadder pa.  Guess us fanatics would just have to prepare ourselves and watch reruns and VCD/DVD copies after season 9.

David Schimmer was very vocal about leaving since Season 7 pa ata.

So which of the 6 do you think would make it big after Friends? Mukhang si Courtney Cox ang mapag-iiwanan sa lahat.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2002 at 08:26 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #63 on: Oct 18, 2002 at 08:34 AM »
And kakabanas' post makes me a little sadder pa.  

Not to worry, CrUzSACK. In the past, all of them have firmly said they would NEVER do a spin-off based on one of their characters. The mere fact that Matt LeBlanc now says otherwise makes me think they've already talked to him about spinning off the Joey character, and he's amenable:

LeBlanc told "Extra" the other night that he'd be up for a spinoff focusing on his character, Joey. "If it was done correctly and the idea was right, and I trusted the writers and the people running the show, the show runners, absolutely I would consider it," LeBlanc said.

Let's not forget that FRASIER has lasted almost as long as CHEERS, the show it spun off from, and has actually won more awards than any show in Emmy history.

I'm surprised by the choices of favorite episode so far for you guys, though. I've always maintained that the show hasn't been as funny in its later years, so my favorites date back: "The One With The Blackout", "The One With The Flashbacks".
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Oct 18, 2002 at 08:50 PM »
I also like the episodes where they all stayed in one room the whole time, or most of the time. Like when Mr. Heckles died ... or when they were playing poker ... or when Joey was going commando in another man's fatigue and Rachel went commando as well ... or when Chandler accidentally saw Rachel's boobies .. and she saw Joey's  while taking a shower ... and he saw Monica's ... and she saw Joey's dad .... or that episode where Phoebe was married to a gay icecapade guy (Steve Zahn). All flashbacks episode are pretty good too. But usually, the Thanksgiving episodes are the best and memorable ones.

As for the last season, I am pretty sure NBC is more than willing to shell out more money to keep everyone in the show. For one thing, they don't really have any other comedy to replace it.  Will and Grace though pulling in decent numbers is actually a disaster in the coveted Seinfeld time slot.

But more importantly, let us not forget, Friends commands the highest dollars for a 20-sec. commercial ... meaning it is the number 1 money earner in network TV.  Not only that, it is the number 1 show in syndication as well ... more money for WB ... more money for the cast since they get certain points for syndication here and abroad.  Giving them $1.3M each per episode for another year would make all happy. NBC wouldn't mind paying $10M per episode to WB. They simply can't afford to lose this show and lose their Thursday night must-see-TV.  Without Friends, Scrubs, Will and Grace and the eroding ER will crumble.

8)
k

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 09:20 PM »
So k have you seen one of those trivia games there already? In the mall perhaps? I really can't find it on the net. It sort of looks like a pictionary box.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 10:00 PM »
So k have you seen one of those trivia games there already? In the mall perhaps? I really can't find it on the net. It sort of looks like a pictionary box.

Yes I have .. not interested though. Most of my friends are not Friends addict .. it wouldn't be fun playing by myself.

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 10:30 AM »
Friends is no longer the #1 TV show in the four week old TV season. That honor now belongs to CSI. Friends, I'm sure, will catch up when it airs its final episode.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 06:30 PM »
Friends is no longer the #1 TV show in the four week old TV season. That honor now belongs to CSI. Friends, I'm sure, will catch up when it airs its final episode.

It is still the number 1 tv sitcom though. And although CSI leads in total number of viewers, Friends have more viewers in the 18-49 age demographic, which the advertisers and tv execs use to set the rate per 20 sec. commercial. That's good enough for NBC ... and Friends as well since their timeslot still commands the highest ad rate.

There are talks that NBC and Warner Bros. are willing to pay each Friend $1.3M per episode. It is all possible because of their advertising pull.  

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 12:33 AM »

Hopefully the game will find itself here. I've been scouting around for board game specialty shops and the new Greenbelt mall has such a shop called Hobbes. It doesn't have the game yet, but there's a big chance it will since it has all sorts of board games like a Survivor Board game, Alfred Hitchcock's Clue, various strategy games that are actually rip offs of our Game Of The Generals and Many others. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 11, 2002 at 10:34 PM »
FRIENDS hits 200!

I'm currently watching the 200th episode of the series. 32 minutes without commercials, with Freddie Prinze Jr., Hank Azaria and Paul Rudd...

...Hmm, that can only mean one thing:

It's NOVEMBER SWEEPS!  :)

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 12, 2002 at 12:36 PM »
Yeah, the Super Size Friends! But what's up with Freddie Prinze's hair. Is that for a movie he's doing or something?

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Nov 29, 2002 at 05:03 PM »
I was finally able to watch this episode. I liked it. One thing though, it didn't feel the same since there was no scene in this entire episode that showed all six of them together in one room.

It's like watching "People who happen to know each other" instead of "Friends".

Offline j@y

• DVD Addict
  • ThuG LuviN'
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 30, 2002 at 01:17 AM »
Don't worry Phobos, in this year's Thanksgiving episode they're all together in one room for most of the show.
 I really just love all of their Thanksgiving episodes, it cracks me up  ;D ;D.
This years special guest is Christina Applegate as Rachel's other sister.
LG Infinia 55LW5600 55" LED 3D
Onkyo TX-SR606
Sony SS-F7000
Sub - PA-120W 500w
Sony PS3

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #74 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 09:58 AM »
I bought Season 3 last week and I'm midway through watching it. I have a question. I don't know if you guys and especially gals would like to share an opinion. Cause I think they were on a break. I don't know if that's just me or if it's because I'm a guy. ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2002 at 10:00 AM by sardaukar »

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 10:34 AM »
i'm sorry, i didn't get your question. who and who were on a break from what that only guys can what because they're guys?  ;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 10:38 AM »
I know you're kidding but I'll clarify anyway. ;D I wanted to know whether you guys and gals thought Ross and Rachel were on a break from each other and whether only guys thought that because we're guys. ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2002 at 11:13 AM by sardaukar »

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 11:56 AM »
hehe. sorry but i really didn't get your question the first time.  :)

well, it's actually ross who thought it was a break-up and rachel who presumed it was just a break, like a cool-off period. and your post about that guy thing kinda makes sense to me now.  ;)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 12:14 PM »
Oops... (if you've seen the 9th season, I'm not holding up my hands in a quotation marks gesture, hehe). Glad I clarified then. :)
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2002 at 12:18 PM by sardaukar »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 01:42 PM »
I thought they were on a break, as in break-up. Does that make me a guy? Or are you both more confused now?  ;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 02:33 PM »
I thought they were on a break, as in break-up. Does that make me a guy?

Not at all. Perhaps it just means there isn't any gender-bias in my question. :) Perhaps more people do see it that way.

Offline Edge_ecution

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 20, 2002 at 02:32 AM »
the matter is ross slept with somebody else the day they broke up

sleeping with somebody else after a huge fight......geek

we were on a break is just an excuse to cover him

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 01:55 AM »
Good news for Friends fans. From NY Times:

NBC was close to a deal last night that would bring television's biggest hit comedy, "Friends," back to the network for another season, its 10th, executives close to the negotiations said last night.

The talks continued past 9 p.m. in Los Angeles last night, with both sides saying they expected to finish a deal that would reverse a year of expectations that the current season would be the last one for "Friends."

The network is expected to agree to pay the highest price in television history for a 30-minute show, as much as $9 million an episode, to bring the show and all six of its stars back, eclipsing the almost $7 million NBC is paying this season. NBC pays about $10 million a year for the one-hour drama "ER" and has paid as much as $13 million for the show, but the price of "Friends" per half-hour is higher...

Url for the complete article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/21/business/media/21TUBE.html?todaysheadlines

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 08:16 AM »

NBC was close to a deal last night that would bring television's biggest hit comedy, "Friends," back to the network for another season, its 10th, executives close to the negotiations said last night.

I knew it!!!! Yahooo!!! Sort of gotten a hint from http://www.thecfsi.com/  The site owner edited his announcement already but the first few days, he sort of wrote that Warner Brothers hinted that the show may be around for a longer time. ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 01:20 PM »

I knew it!!!! Yahooo!!!

Hmm. I'm not really happy about this news. FRIENDS Season 9 actually feels like Seinfeld Season 9 did to me: I'm still watching it, but it's just not what it used to be.

(But you all know this means I'll still get Season 9 [and 10] on DVD when it comes out, of course...) ;)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 08:53 AM »
What is Chandler Bing's Job?

Monica said it in one of the episodes ---- Statistical Analysis and Data Reconfiguration.  ;D

I've found myself laughing more and more to Ross and his dorky character. I didn't realize this before, but I think I laugh more when it's Ross. ??? ;D  Joey is becoming funnier too. Matt Le Blanc deserves to get some recognition.....which leaves Chandler, my favorite Friend...marriage made him less funny?
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2003 at 08:58 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline Macross

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 11:47 AM »
available na ba sa Astrovision yung complete episode ng SEASON 8 in VCD?

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
EW: TV's Hottest Couple
« Reply #87 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 06:51 AM »
Just started with the first season on DVD. Even then, this was already being hinted at. Anyway, just sharing this article.

JUST FRIENDS?
Rachel Green and Ross Gellar, ''Friends''

PLAYED BY Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer

RELATIONSHIP STATUS Though they're in love with their new baby Emma, they're not exactly gaga over each other right now. After catching roomie Rachel kissing an officemate (Dermot Mulroney), the jealous Ross admitted that he'd been hiding her phone messages; Rachel, furious, moved back in with Joey.

WHY WE LOVE THEM They've been devoted to each other through so many bad times (misunderstandings, divorces, that unfortunate ''we were on a break!'' incident) -- so it's easy to wish them happiness together. After all, as Pheebs would say, he IS her lobster.

WHY WE DON'T Ross hasn't been the most likable character lately. (What's with his increasingly dorky, control-freak behavior?) And compared with last year's surprising Joey-loves-Rachel story line, the constant wavering of the Gellar-Green duo -- sure to continue deep into next season -- feels a bit tired.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2003 at 05:51 AM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline j@y

• DVD Addict
  • ThuG LuviN'
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Feb 07, 2003 at 03:39 PM »
I'm still much into watching Friends but I'm just sick and tired of the Rachel and Ross "relationship". I no longer find it amusing when they get into arguments (unlike before) and making Ross into a more dorky character just makes it worst. But despite all of that I can't wait to watch my weekly dose of Friends ;D
LG Infinia 55LW5600 55" LED 3D
Onkyo TX-SR606
Sony SS-F7000
Sub - PA-120W 500w
Sony PS3

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Feb 08, 2003 at 09:24 AM »
Well, one more year. And when they're gone, Matt leBlanc will have his own spin-off sitcom.  I have no idea how they are going to do it, but  they are thinking of tranferring him somewhere else for the new sitcom. Which means there's no way for him to get it on with Rachel or Phoebe.

I don't know if I will still watch even though he's the most goodlooking of the bunch.