Author Topic: F·R·I·E·N·D·S  (Read 26288 times)

Offline kakabanas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #120 on: Apr 26, 2003 at 02:21 AM »
Oh dear Lord !

Rachel is after Joey now .... but Joey is in another love triangle with Ross and Ross' co-worker. Interesting set-up for a cliffhanger. I can't be too excited that Joey and Rachel will get together ... because Joey will have a spin-off and Rachel can't be there all the time. I do hope they hook up though and head to a painful break up ... when Joey gets his break and need to move to LA with Rachel staying in NY coz she can't go with him with her daughter since Ross, the father is staying in NYC.  Ugh .. my poor Joey !

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2003 at 09:32 AM »
'Friends' Star Matt LeBlanc Weds in Hawaii

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Matt LeBlanc, who stars on the hit TV comedy series "Friends," married his longtime fiancee Melissa McKnight on Saturday, in a star-studded cliffside wedding on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, according to syndicated television show Extra.

Reuters Photo

LeBlanc, 35, and McKnight, a former model who is believed to be in her late 30s, became engaged in 1998, Extra said. She has two children from a previous relationship.

The ceremony took place overlooking exclusive Anini Beach along a 12-acre cliffside property. LeBlanc dressed in a dark suit bedecked with a white lei and his bride wore a long white gown.

Fellow "Friends" stars including Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow and David Schwimmer attended the ceremony as did Aniston's husband, Brad Pitt, and Cox's husband, David Arquette. Other details about celebrity guests were not immediately available.

A tented reception was held in the same location, Extra said. Many of the guests wore Hawaiian shirts and leis. They dined on a four-tiered passion fruit cake that was large enough to feed 150 people and offered a champagne toast to the couple at midnight.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003 at 09:34 AM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2003 at 10:41 AM »
Awww.....sorry, kakabanas  :'( ;D Where was Matthew Perry during the wedding?

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2003 at 08:21 PM »
Awww.....sorry, kakabanas  :'( ;D Where was Matthew Perry during the wedding?

Oh well ...

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2003 at 05:42 AM »
Matthew Perry supposedly in London and David Schwimmer was in chicago! :D

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2003 at 04:59 PM »
No!!!

SPOILER --- Season 9 ender:  Joey and Rachel sitting on a tree, s-m-o-o-c-h-i-n-g! :-\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003 at 05:00 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jun 02, 2003 at 10:54 AM »
Darn ! I just watched the last two episodes I taped while I was on vacation. Why oh why Joey ?

He is still hot though .. and Ross seems cuter these days despite being a loser character.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jun 02, 2003 at 11:59 AM »
...and Ross seems cuter these days

....jetlag? ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jun 03, 2003 at 12:17 AM »
....jetlag? ;D  ;D  ;D

I doubt it. He just seemed cuter ... looks wise, more fit .. and his face seems to light up. That's probably what a $1M per episode can do.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Joey Tribbiani
« Reply #129 on: Jul 24, 2003 at 03:01 PM »
It's Joey for the spin-off!

NBC has sitcom plans for 'Friends' pal Joey
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
LOS ANGELES — Joey Tribbiani is headed for California — and life without Friends.
NBC today plans to announce a deal with Matt LeBlanc to star in Joey, a Friends spinoff featuring one of the more beloved characters from TV's top-rated comedy.

The series, which won't include any other Friends cast members, will premiere in September 2004, almost certainly in the newly vacated Thursday at 8 p.m. ET/PT time slot, after Friends ends its 10th and final season in May.

No script has been written, but the show is believed to be based on a scenario in which Joey moves to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career, probably to be joined by a love interest and an ensemble cast.

Friends creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane aren't involved in the project — they said last year that they had no interest in a spinoff — but partner and Friends veteran Kevin S. Bright will executive-produce the series along with Scott Silveri and Shana Goldberg-Meehan. They've written recent story lines about soap actor Joey, who has become a more prominent character in the past two seasons.

LeBlanc will take a significant pay cut from the roughly $1 million per episode that he'll make for the final season of Friends. And unlike with other star-driven series, he won't be a producer. But he'll have input into casting and earn a greater share of the show's profits if it's successful.

More here:  http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-07-23-joey_x.htm

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #130 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 11:05 AM »
I just saw the Supersized season premiere.

Eh. Doesn't the knowledge that Joey has a spin-off with no one else in the cast joining him kind of make all the "Who will Rachel pick?" drama a moot point?
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 11:05 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Oct 02, 2003 at 08:40 PM »
I just saw the Supersized season premiere.

Eh. Doesn't the knowledge that Joey has a spin-off with no one else in the cast joining him kind of make all the "Who will Rachel pick?" drama a moot point?

Yeah. Twas a lousy premiere. :( How many episodes this season? 12? 13? Of the 6, it seems that they can get more story angles in Phoebe's life, this season.  The rest of them --- parang going in circles na lang.

I'll miss this show but I'll be glad when it's over. :( :)
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2003 at 08:40 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 03:03 AM »
How many episodes this season? 12? 13?

18. 16 to go, but I haven't gotten this week's episode yet. Last week's cliffhanger really didn't matter to me, because they've done it before... several times already, right?

Of the 6, it seems that they can get more story angles in Phoebe's life, this season.  The rest of them --- parang going in circles na lang.

Yeah, it looks like Mike might be in for the long haul, since there's no one else left for Phoebe now that Joey has his solo spin off. But the rumor I've heard is it's actually two characters going to the spin off, they just announced "Joey" to keep it a surprise. But if it's "Joey & Rachel," won't that be a bit like "Mad About You" without the whining? ;)

I'll miss this show but I'll be glad when it's over.

I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately.  :-\
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2003 at 03:03 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #133 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 05:51 AM »
Jennifer Aniston Cries on 'Oprah' Show

NEW YORK (AP) - Jennifer Aniston went on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and did what everyone does on "The Oprah Winfrey Show": She cried.

Read more here.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 05:07 PM »
Jennifer Aniston Cries on 'Oprah' Show

NEW YORK (AP) - Jennifer Aniston went on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and did what everyone does on "The Oprah Winfrey Show": She cried.

Read more here.

I saw this episode a few days back on Star World. Studio 23 will probably show it next month, maybe.  Fans of Friends shouldn't miss it. Each of them said something about each of them (did that make sense? ;D).  Umpisa pa lang Jen was already emotional, she also choked when asked to say something about her Friends.

They're also all rooting for the Joey show, their very supportive of Matt Le Blanc, it's so sweet.  When Oprah asked what they're going to do next after Friends, I think it was Matthew Perry who said something like, "Well, I hope they need a sarcastic best friend on the Joey show". ;D

They said that they will all be watching the finale together.  Awww.... :(

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jan 03, 2004 at 04:51 PM »
The final episode of FRIENDS, as reported on IMDB, will feature Phoebe's wedding to Mike and Ross and Rachel getting back together...finally!

LOBSTER! ;D

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jan 06, 2004 at 12:43 AM »
Friends the final episode ...

The One Where Phoebe Almost Got Hitched.

Phoebe waiting waiting patiently at the church. Rachel was driving Mike to the wedding after a brief sex encounter ... when the car crashed. Both died instantly. Susan left her lesbian lover and get back together with Ross. Because of their unusual last name, no adoption agency will give baby to Monica and Chandler ... so Ross decided to give Emma to them after Rachel's death. And Joey had a groupsome with all the bridesmaid before leaving of LA to do the spinoff.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jan 24, 2004 at 12:03 AM »
What's disturbing about that parody is it's strikingly similar to the REAL ending of a 5-season UK program which was often, though very wrongly, compared to Friends. The series also dealt with three guys and three girls. I was in complete shock when I saw the lead female character die in a car crash.

Not to worry, CrUzSACK... I'm not talking about Coupling.  ;D

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 30, 2004 at 09:05 AM »
Not to worry, CrUzSACK... I'm not talking about Coupling.  ;D

Hehehe! I still cannot accept that Jeff is gone in Coupling. :( But if the rest of the show's characters died in a car crash, okay lang. ;D Shock TV....Kidding! ;D I love Coupling, but I love it even more with Jeff in the cast. *Sigh*

Anyway, back to Friends ---- saw it on Entertainment Tonight the other day, their last day of taping, and the dinner party. Sad, sad, sad. But it's just the right time to end it. Will miss this show, but I can watch the DVD over and over (10,000times) and still enjoy every episode.

Courtney Cox is pregnant. :)

Siguro pag dito yan sa Pilipinas, may Friends The Movie na yan. ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2004 at 09:05 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jan 30, 2004 at 10:36 PM »
Major spoiler ... read at your own risk

As you all know from TV previews, Phoebe and Mike will get married during the February sweeps. But here's what you don't know yet from the remaining episodes left until May :

1. Rachel will get fired from Ralph Lauren ... but she will offered a job in Paris. Somehow, the Ross-Rachel thing will turn around once more ... and Ross will have to make the decision whether to follow Rachel and Emma ... and leave Carol-Susan-Ben.

2. Yes, Chandler and Monica are moving to the suburbs. What will Chandler do when faced with the notion that Janice could be their next door neighbor ? Speaking of her, was there a season that she didn't show up ?

3. And of course, Joey will move to LA ... but the people behind Friends said they will not include that in their story line. The producers of the spin-off said they will start the series three months after Friends go their own way ... so in those 3 months, Joey will make the decision to move to LA.

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2004 at 10:36 PM by kakabanas »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jan 31, 2004 at 12:29 AM »
Speaking of (Janice), was there a season that she didn't show up ?

She didn't "show up" in season 6, but her voice made a guest appearance on Chandler's mixed tape.

And jeez, I can't believe I actually know that.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jan 31, 2004 at 12:44 AM »
K's spoiler #1 --- ano yan? Paikot-ikot na lang yung story nila. :-\E di magkikita-kita sila ni Emily, Ross & Rachel sa Europe! How about that? It's the Ross-Rachel-Emily Daytime TV Soap Opera! ::).....

Chandler's mix tape with Janice in it, LOL! ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
F·R·I·E·N·D·S Finale
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2004 at 08:50 PM »
Bumping this thread since the finale of the show is in about 12 hours.

I intentionally skipped this last season. It was painful to watch, when you consider the earlier episodes.

Thanks for 5 years of good entertainment, FRIENDS.  ;)

(Can we move this thread to the TV section?)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2004 at 09:22 PM »
I'm down to the final 4 or 5 episodes. It gets sadder and sadder. I will miss this show so much, although I know it's time they bow out. :'(

Edited to add:

Is it just me or is David Schwimmer getting really good at comedy? He was the one I found least funny from the start but he got better towards the end. Watch out for The One With The Birth Mom episode to see what I'm talking about. ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004 at 09:24 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2004 at 09:27 PM »
FRIENDS fans should catch Leno tomorrow night. The Tonight Show will be shot from Central Perk, and the FRIENDS cast will be together for the last time.

My DV-Recorder is set, CrUzSACK.  ;)

Yey! Heheheh. Did you catch the one on Oprah's show? They're coming back  on Oprah after watching the final episode together.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2004 at 12:30 AM »

Yey! Heheheh. Did you catch the one on Oprah's show? They're coming back  on Oprah after watching the final episode together.

no! did start world air it???!!!  :-[

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2004 at 08:36 AM »
Oo, Spiff. Star World aired it around Feb or March I think. Studio 23 aired it twice after, the recent one being last week lang ata. Jen couldn't stop being emotional. Nakakalungkot. :'(
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004 at 08:37 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2004 at 10:27 AM »

...and the show comes to an end...

no surprises, actually, but watching the finale was a bit sad, knowing that there would be no more further exploits from the group (with the exception of joey, who we will still see next season)...  this coming from a casual fan, who never caught ALL the episodes yet still enjoy watching the show once in a while whenever i get the chance...

some highlights:

-  monica and chandler get twins -- a boy and a girl -- from erica (sp?), who didn't know she was having twins...
-  gunther tells rachel that he loves her...  rachel blows him off, but was really nice about it...
-  we say goodbye to the foosball table (!), as monica has to smash it apart to get the baby chick and duck which were supposed to be joey's housewarming presents for monica and chandler...
-  rachel doesn't go to paris, and ends back with ross...
-  the group leaves their keys to monica's apartment, as we get one last look at the place...

overall, a simple end to this nice little show which i'm sure would please the fans... 

The war is over...  Now bring on the classics on HD!

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2004 at 10:33 AM »
don't forget to tune into "The Tonight Show" tonight; Jay Leno does the show from the set of "Friends" :)

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2004 at 10:57 AM »
With this gone .. and 24 losing steam, I have no other show left to watch. I am giving up TV next season .. yikes !