Author Topic: F·R·I·E·N·D·S  (Read 26269 times)

Offline Centurion Obama

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ave Caesar!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
F·R·I·E·N·D·S
« on: Mar 31, 2002 at 11:39 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2014 at 06:30 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Free Burma pa rin!

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
Re:F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2002 at 09:41 AM »
So. Rachel stole Monica's thunder again huh?

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2002 at 05:08 PM »
I was wondering if the season 3 is being sold at Php 600 each ?

I know that season 1 and 2 boxsets are selling for Php 1,800.

I don't understand why ASTRO SM CENTERPOINT charged me for Php 745 per piece of FRIENDS Season 3. :-(

Is this the real price or have I've been ripped off?

-jackryan 8)

Apparently, Friends Season 3 is not part of the 745 for 600 promo of the other Warner discs. But I came from SM Sucat this afternoon and they were selling it at 10% off. I assume all the Astro stores sell their products for the same price but I just don't know when the 10% off took effect. :(
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2002 at 05:21 PM by sardaukar »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2002 at 07:38 PM »
Do any of you guys know if Astrovision also have the VCD of The Best of Friends Vol. 3? Yep you read it right, VCD...V-C-D! ;D  Just thought I'd complete the whole "Best of..." series on VCD since I started with Volumes 1 and 2 already, sayang naman if it's incomplete.  Anyway....so meron nga ba?

Offline Dog from OuTeR Space

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2002 at 02:35 AM »

Do any of you guys know if Astrovision also have the VCD of The Best of Friends Vol. 3? Yep you read it right, VCD...V-C-D! ;D  Just thought I'd complete the whole "Best of..." series on VCD since I started with Volumes 1 and 2 already, sayang naman if it's incomplete.  Anyway....so meron nga ba?

yup... all seasons!!!  kaya nga binili ko na ung buong seasons 3 & 4... ubos na naman pera... kaso ang experience ko sa VCDs eh after 2 watchings, sira na agad... samantalang ung DVD nakaka5 na ata... perfect pa rin ang video...

Kiluminati2 8)

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2002 at 12:58 AM »
Rumors are circulating that the Joey-Rachel is NEVER going to happen. Ross coming back to the scene is being worked out.

I think I will stop watching now before my beloved Joey gets crushed. :'( :'( :'(

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2002 at 05:23 AM »

Rumors are circulating that the Joey-Rachel is NEVER going to happen. Ross coming back to the scene is being worked out.

I think I will stop watching now before my beloved Joey gets crushed. :'( :'( :'(

hey "K" don't tell me hanggang ngayon hindi pa ba
nasabi ni Joey na may gusto siya kay Rachel? naku
ang tagal na yun ah... hmmm.. extend siguro throughout
the entire year until they come up with a new story...parang soap opera na rin...! ;D

Offline Dog from OuTeR Space

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2002 at 12:31 AM »
hi...

anong episode na ba ng friends dyan ngayon sa US... may gusto ba talaga si Joey kay Rach... saang episode pinakita yun? ???  I don't know with you guys... for me, it seems na masyado nang gasgas yang Ross-Rachel thing, although parang awkward kung di sila magkakatuluyan... mukhang mas exciting Joey-Rachel para maiba naman...

Kiluminati2 8)

NY152

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2002 at 12:46 AM »

hi...

anong episode na ba ng friends dyan ngayon sa US... may gusto ba talaga si Joey kay Rach... saang episode pinakita yun? ???

It was a story arc for the show, starting with episode 8-12, "The One Where Joey Dates Rachel". It pretty much got shot down by episode 8-16, "The One Where Joey Tells Rachel".

I'm about to watch 8-18/19 right now. The next new episode of FRIENDS airs on April 25th in the States.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2002 at 09:40 PM »
Well, NBC started showing the episode where Ross and Rachel "might" get back together .. and they kissed. This could be their season finale next month.

Ross has become such a loser that I can't believe a hottie like Rachel would still want to be with him. I am really having a hard time letting go of the Joey-Rachel tandem. I wonder how the writers are going to handle Joey's unrequited love when Ross and Rachel gets married.  Joey can't be over her that soon.

But next week, it is Rachel's baby shower and Monica failed to invite Rachel's mother. She will suffer the ex-Mrs. Green's wrath hehehe.

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2002 at 11:56 AM »
Damn Ch.5! They're showing reruns again. How long is a TV season anyway? Three weeks?!  >:(

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2002 at 04:02 PM »

Damn Ch.5! They're showing reruns again. How long is a TV season anyway? Three weeks?!  >:(

That's how it is on ABC 5.  They show the first five or so episodes first, then a rerun, another three or four episodes, then a rerun, and so on...I don't know why they do that. ::)

NY152

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2002 at 05:02 PM »

That's how it is on ABC 5.  They show the first five or so episodes first, then a rerun, another three or four episodes, then a rerun, and so on...I don't know why they do that.

Actually, that's also the way it is in the States. The season debuts in September, by late October its reruns, then usually all new episodes for November sweeps, then December-January has mostly reruns except for a Christmas special or two, then new episodes for February sweeps, then a bunch of reruns with few new episodes from March till April, then all new episodes for May sweeps. "Sweeps" are the times advertisers look at the ratings to determine how much they'll be paying in the future, and if the show is worth their investment.

Basically, they have to fit 24 episodes into the 9-month TV season. The difference is, ABC 5 has to fit in into 12 months (or even longer sometimes).

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2002 at 06:49 PM »
a friend told me that they'll be showing a new episode next week. there was a teaser last night, apparently.  :-[ :P

NY152

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2002 at 09:57 PM »
If you guys are tired of waiting for ABC 5 to air the episodes, the first 12 episodes are already available for sale on VCD at Astrovision. It includes the infamous Brad Pitt episode already.

Just a quick reminder: the 8th Season Hour-Long Finale is this Thursday on NBC...

NOT QUITE A SPOILER, JUST MY GUESS... (highlight):

With the way the last few episodes have been building up, does anyone else think that Ross and Rachel will tie the knot right before she gives birth?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2002 at 09:59 PM by NY152 »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2002 at 10:37 AM »
Rachel just gave birth to a   baby girl named Emma  :).   And season 8 has ended with a bang.  Wonder when I'll be able to watch that. ::)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2002 at 10:41 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2002 at 09:30 PM »
Oh yeah .. and the Joey-Rachel-Ross love triangle continues now with more tension between ... well... uh .. friends. But for now, I have to wait four f&%$#@* months to see the continuation.

off topic :
On the other hand, the last mole got revealed in last week's cliffhanger. Totally unexpected but makes a lot of sense. I can't wait for the 11:00 PM -12:00AM hour season finale. And good news, it is coming back next season in the same format and still with Kiefer Sutherland who has been giving a very good performance. Denni's Hopper's last four outings have been very disappointing ... and that horrible accent, ugh !

Offline Edge_ecution

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2002 at 03:47 AM »
wow ang cute ng episode "the one where joey dates rachel" pero mas gusto ko pa rin mapunta si rachel kay ross.

sabi nga sa isang magazine interview kay Matt le Blanc kung sya daw masusunod mas gusto nya raw mapunta si rachel kay ross. "that where the show started" sabi nya ;D

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2002 at 10:38 PM »

wow ang cute ng episode "the one where joey dates rachel" pero mas gusto ko pa rin mapunta si rachel kay ross.

sabi nga sa isang magazine interview kay Matt le Blanc kung sya daw masusunod mas gusto nya raw mapunta si rachel kay ross. "that where the show started" sabi nya ;D

That was in Entertainment Weekly.

But then again, the situation Joey got himself into was really sweet and touching. Being friends with both of them ... and in love with the other .. it could happen to anyone. And the way it's being handled in the show is really good.

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2002 at 10:10 AM »
ok, so how funny was last night's thanksgiving episode? i was laughing from start to finish. brad pitt guest stars as an old high school friend of the gellars. you can only be two things when you hang out with the gellars, especially ross. well, you're most likely a big fat loser. hwe hwe hwe. i had a feeling he's going to reprise his 12 monkeys character and he did, only under antipsychotic medication ;). phoebe is, as usual, funny in that ... what do you call that do?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2002 at 01:49 PM by utoy »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2002 at 10:54 AM »
 ;D  ;D  - Episode last night

:-* - Brad Pitt

;D  ;D - Phoebe's reaction to Brad Pitt

Thanks to VOJ for lending us his VCDs  of Season 8  ;D.

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2002 at 11:09 AM »
ah, you guys are already spoiled. i'm trying to stay unspoiled. i'm giving abc5 another chance.

NY152

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2002 at 01:22 PM »
Just finished watching the Season 8 Finale.

Now that was one returning guest star I did not expect! I always knew that guest would be back one day, but I never suspected it for THAT particular episode.

Not really an interesting cliffhanger... it looks like the type that'll be resolved in the first 30 seconds of next season. But the rest of the hour-long episode was fun.

Kakaasar ang summer reruns... I'm now shifting my attention to two series I've ignored, SCRUBS and MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE. That should keep me occupied till September. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2002 at 01:26 PM by NY152 »

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2002 at 03:54 PM »
Can you guys confirm whether ABC5 deleted some scenes because (as some friends are telling me) last night's episode is unusually short.  ???

NY152

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2002 at 05:26 PM »
Can you guys confirm whether ABC5 deleted some scenes because (as some friends are telling me) last night's episode is unusually short.  ???

I didn't see the ABC5 broadcast, but they ALWAYS delete scenes from every episode, usually about 1:30-3 minutes worth, so I don't know why they wouldn't have.

In case you taped it and can check the counter, the original episode has a running time of 21 minutes and 49 seconds, without commercials.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2002 at 02:04 PM by NY152 »

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2002 at 06:08 PM »
thanks NY152. i'll check. i didn't notice a continuity gap though.

Offline Edge_ecution

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2002 at 02:33 PM »
may VCD na ba ng friends season 8 episodes 13 -16, 17 - 20, 21 - 24/25 sa astrovision

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 09, 2002 at 11:04 PM »
TV Guide (US) - June 8 - 14 issue features six different FRIENDS covers this week, one for each friend. I wonder which cover will sell the most. When I bought my copy, I pick the one with Rachel. Also, there's an article picking the 50 Best Friends Moments. #1 Marital Blast from "The One in Vegas Part II".  

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 09, 2002 at 11:29 PM »
TV Guide (US) - June 8 - 14 issue features six different FRIENDS covers this week, one for each friend. I wonder which cover will sell the most. When I bought my copy, I pick the one with Rachel. Also, there's an article picking the 50 Best Friends Moments. #1 Marital Blast from "The One in Vegas Part II".  

I have my subscription and they sent me the one with Lisa Kudrow. Needless to say I am disappointed. I like Matt LeBlanc's (he'll be back in Charlie's Angels 2 .. ) But more disappointed with the top 50 best moments. A lot of them are really good ... but around 1/3 are not really great moments. And that number 1 pick ? Please !!!! Any scene from the episode aired after the Superbowl would have been better.  Scenes with Brooke Shields, Chris Isaak and Rachel-Monica fighting over Van Damme stood out. They're not on the list. Also missing was Reese Witherspoon's guest stint.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2002 at 11:31 PM by kakabanas »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jun 11, 2002 at 12:29 PM »
I bet the one with Jennifer Aniston and Matt Le Blanc would sell more...

What would those 50 moments be, by the way? Is it posted somewhere in the TV Guide Online site? Because I don't have a TV Guide and I don't know where to get one here...Emerald Headway? :-\...I'm very curious. ;D

Never mind...found it! Okay, from TV Guide Online,  THE 50 BEST FRIENDS MOMENT. SPOILER ALERT!!!

From the very first episode (in which runaway bride Rachel joined up with these telegenic jokers) to the very latest cliff-hanger (with new mom Rachel accepting an inadvertent proposal from Joey while Ross prepared to pop the question), we've followed these Friends through every twist. We can't play favorites, we love them all: adorable Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), lovelorn Ross (David Schwimmer), sweetly swaggering Joey (Matt LeBlanc), dizzy Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow), uptight Monica (Courteney Cox Arquette) and sardonic, quick-with-a-quip Chandler (Matthew Perry). Over eight eventful seasons and countless cups of Central Perk coffee, we've laughed, cried, sighed and laughed some more, compiling a scrapbook of memorable milestones: most of them funny but more than a few that touch the heart. In 10 of the 50 moments that appear in this week's issue of TV Guide magazine, we relive their best of times, and even their worst of times. With Friends like these, you're guaranteed a great time.

#50 BUBBLE TROUBLE
From the one where Chandler takes a bath, January 17, 2002
The missus loves to luxuriate in a long, hot soak, but Mr. Bing is a no-nonsense shower man. "What do you do?" Chandler asks Monica. "Sit in there stewing in your own filth?" Determined to change his mind, Monica draws him a bath with candles, soft music, bath salts and bubbles. Naturally, Chandler's hooked on the relaxing ritual. Also naturally: All the other Friends find a reason to gather in the bathroom while he's in the tub. No one seems to notice his embarrassment until Joey looks down and exclaims, "Dude, you gotta rearrange your bubbles!"

#38 MEOW MIX
From the one with the baby on the bus, November 2, 1995
Bumped from her Central Perk gig by a pro (Chrissie Hynde), Phoebe ends this one on a high note with the debut of her ode to an odorous feline ("Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you? Smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your fault"). When she tries to have Hynde sing along, though, the Pretender is lost. "From the top?" she asks a frustrated Phoebe, who lets her confused counterpart in on a little secret. "See, there is no 'top.'... That's the beauty of 'Smelly Cat.'" And we thought it was the lyrics.

#31 WHOA, BABIES
From The One Hundredth, October 8, 1998
Surrogate mom Phoebe, delivering her brother Frank's (Giovanni Ribisi) triplets, isn't remotely prepared for labor pains. And she isn't thrilled with her Fonzie-obsessed obstetrician, either. But the real problem is her change of heart. "I want to keep one," she confides to Rachel. But when the babies arrive, she does the right thing, tearfully bidding them goodbye. A terrific showcase for Phoebe's daffy sweetness.

#29 THE SEAGULL
From the one with all the Thanksgivings, November 19, 1998
It's what networks like to refer to as a "very special episode" as the Friends recall their worst Thanksgivings. Amid the flashbacks, we see Ross and his college roommate Chandler come home to the Gellers' (Elliott Gould and Christina Pickles). The first time we spot Chandler, he is a New Wave popinjay with what he once dubbed his "Flock of Seagulls haircut." When they next arrive, Chandler and Ross are proudly shooting up their jacket sleeves, all decked out in Miami Vice regalia. Comedy like this never goes out of fashion.

#27 LOVE LOST
From the one where Rachel finds out, May 18, 1995
A last-minute business trip to China makes Ross a no-show at Rachel's birthday party, but he does leave her a pricey gift. Chandler accidentally reveals the truth behind it: "Remember when he fell in love with [ex-wife] Carol and bought her that ridiculously expensive crystal duck?" And so Rachel finally realizes Ross is in love with her. But their romance takes yet another detour when she heads to the airport to find a blissful Ross arriving home with an unexpected souvenir... his new girlfriend, Julie (Lauren Tom).

#21 DANCING FOOLS
From the one with the routine, December 16, 1999
Joey's roommate Janine (Elle MacPherson) invites Joey, Ross and Monica to join the dancers at the TV taping of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. For Ross and Monica, the event brings out their awkward inner adolescence. After all, back in middle school, the Geller sibs choreographed their own dance routine; unfortunately, their inherent dorkiness eludes them. ("We got honorable mention in the brother-sister dance category!" enthuses Ross.) Who knew gawky could be so great?

#19 MILKING IT
From the one with Phoebe's husband, October 12, 1995
When Phoebe's "husband" Duncan (Steve Zahn) shows up, secrets are revealed. Besides Phoebe's feelings for her supposedly gay Canadian ice dancer, there's Joey's porn-movie past and Chandler's infamous third nipple. "You told me it was a nubbin," Joey says, leading off a tidal wave of jokes, including one from Ross. Handing Chandler an empty creamer, he inquires, "Hey, Chandler, would you fill me up here?"

#16 ROSS OR JOEY?
From the one where Rachel has a baby, Part II, May 16, 2002
Rachel has just given birth to Emma, her daughter with Ross. Afraid she'll have to raise the baby alone, she hints to Ross that they should get back together. Even though he has his grandmother's engagement ring, he resists, afraid that their relationship will fail yet again. But while he's visiting the nursery, Phoebe convinces him to go for it and "get everything you've wanted since you were 15." Meanwhile, a still-smitten Joey consoles Rachel, promising he'll always be there for her and Emma. Then, in a wild turn of events that rocked 35 million viewers, he's on his knees holding the diamond ring that has fallen out of Ross's coat pocket. Stunned, he turns toward Rachel, still holding the ring. Misunderstanding, the vulnerable Rachel says "OK" to a shocked Joey. A fitting end to this superb, and what looks to be second-to-last, season of Friends.

#13 HANGING OUT
From the one where Monica and Richard are just friends, January 30, 1997
Phoebe takes up with a real jock. The problem is, he doesn't wear one, or anything else, under his shorts. "The man is showing brain," Chandler tells Ross. "Every time I see him," Phoebe worries, "is it on the loose? Is it watching me?" The Friends push her to tell him, but cappuccino counterman Gunther (James Michael Tyler) beats her to it. "Hey, buddy, this is a family place," he tells the accidental flasher. "Put the mouse back in the house."

#2 GEEK HISTORY
From the one with the prom video, February 1, 1996
The Gellers drop off a box of Monica's stuff that contains an atrocious artifact: a video of Monica and Rachel getting ready for the prom. Cringe at the sight of Rachel's hideous pre-rhinoplasty nose. Shriek at Ross's fuzzhead, then sigh at how eager he is to fill in as Rachel's date. Tremble at the girth of the omnivorous teen Monica. This pretty-in-pink event contains one of the series's all-time great lines: When Monica points out that the camera adds 10 pounds, Chandler asks, "So how many cameras are actually on you?"

Okay, so that's 10 Best Moments lang. We have to buy THE magazine to read the remaining 40.  Shucks!!! :-\  So, Friends Fans, are your 10 best friends moment in any of these? Except for #27, I think this list is just about right for me. :)

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2002 at 12:52 PM by CrUzSACK »