Author Topic: F·R·I·E·N·D·S  (Read 26265 times)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #240 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 10:31 AM »
i'm not even sure if i've watched the whole interview. only saw 2 parts of the oprah interview. how many were aired?

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2006 at 10:56 PM »
ETC aired the episode where Danny De Vito played the stripper. Only realized now that the song he was dancing to was Tainted Love (maybe because Rihanna's single is ubiquitous these days). Also, that Meredith Grey played the girl that Chandler and Ross were competing for. Still funny after all these years. Also, Joey's game show stint.  ;D
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2006 at 08:47 AM »
. Also, that Meredith Grey played the girl that Chandler and Ross were competing for. Still funny after all these years. Also, Joey's game show stint.  ;D
  do you know what season and episode it is?  ;D ;D

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2006 at 09:18 AM »
The One Where the Stripper Cries. Season 10, Episode 11.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2006 at 11:58 AM »
Thanks!!  ;D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
caught that one yesterday...katuwa si joey sa game show....

Offline Great Buys

• Collector
  • Great Buys Hunter!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 11:27 AM »
Dami pla FRIENDS addict dito ha...

Share ko lang some trivias with you.

* The One With Rachel's Crush - This was the first episode in which Joey uses his trademark line "How...you doin'?"

*  The One Where Paul's The Man -  When Joey's trying to get his picture up in the dry cleaners, the owner claims never to have seen Air Force One. The actor playing the owner is Ilia Volokh, and he actually played one of the terrorists in Air Force One.

*  The One Where Ross Meets Elizabeth's Dad  -   Matthew Perry and Bruce Willis starred together in the movie "The Whole Nine Yards". While making the movie, Matthew made a bet with Bruce that the movie would open in the top position at the box office. If it did this (which it consequently did) Bruce had to star in an episode of Friends for no fee.

*  The One After Vegas  -   In the opening credits of "The One After Vegas," all of the cast member's names have "Arquette" attached to them. This is a reference to Courtney Cox's (Monica) long awaited marriage to David Arquette.

*  Jennifer Aniston's actual last name is Anastassakis but her family changed it to Aniston when they moved to the United States. If you watch TOW Chandler and Monica's Wedding, Jennifer's actual last name is used for the Greek couple having their wedding in the episode.

* In Friends, Joey is an actor on Days of our Lives, a program on which Jennifer Aniston's dad John Aniston plays Victor Kiriakis

* Phoebe's twin sister "Ursula" actually existed before Phoebe, as a character in another U.S. sitcom, "Mad About You." In the first part of "The One With Two Parts," the two characters who come into Central Perk, thinking Phoebe is Ursula, are regular characters from that show.

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 01:45 PM »
Joey got cancelled na...
I miss FRIENDS. :(

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 06:11 PM »
trivia for potc fans, pintel was in the episode The One with the Inappropriate Sister. he maybe just an extra there. for those guys who have the complete set with them, you might want to check this out  ;D

Offline di_di

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello! Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 10:58 AM »
I absolutely LOVE F.R.I.E.N.D.S!!

Parang na-memorize ko na some of the scene and dialogue!!  Hahaha...

There are a lot of trivias!!

Here's one - What was the apartment number of Monica and Rachel's apartment during the first few episodes? :)  [It was later changed into 20 as the season progressed) :)

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 09:21 PM »
Watch for Courtney Cox on her new show "Dirt" on the FX network starting next year! It's her first project since "Friends"...

http://www.fxnetwork.com

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 11:12 PM »
I haven't been watching this FX show but I'll catch the season finale next week for the quasi-Friends reunion. Is Courtney the second female celebrity Jennifer lip-locked after Winona?

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #252 on: Mar 22, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
Third at least. She did kiss Phoebe too in that same episode. Or I should say Phoebe kissed her.

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new everywhere!
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Apr 08, 2007 at 02:19 AM »
Ngayon ko lang makita tong topic nato..FRIENDS addict here, watched all the episodes from season 1-10! repeatedly!

miss those days of watching with my sisters and my girlfriend... :( i remember laughing at them for crying really hard when rachelle and ross broke-up in season 2... ;D

I remember feeling really nostalgic, while watching the last episode..watching them leave all their keys on the countertop...as the camera was doin the last view of the apartment..and then they went down on the hallway..the hallway where a lot of things happened..like when rachelle and chandler were licking the cheesecake that fell on it...nakakalungkot talaga  :-\

miss those guys..nothing really beats them...

any recommendation by the way? tried "how i meet your mother", they said its like friends daw..its good but not "friends good" but too early to tell

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Apr 08, 2007 at 10:36 PM »
were they licking it from the floor? i think they used their hands eating from the floor... well, at least joey had a fork, always ready for food  ;D

want to share a somewhat expression i got from FRIENDS. from the episode where chandler doesn't want to cuddle with janice when sleeping, then he ended up pushing her out of the bed. he said, looking at the free space in the bed, that a penguin can still fit in with them. so there you go, everytime my wife and i pass on a narrow space, one would say kasya ka pa ba? while the other answers oo naman, kasya pa penguin oh

there are still others, but this is the most used  ;D  to other fans, share urs  ;)

Offline OCMonk

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new everywhere!
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 01:31 PM »
me and my sisters loved the "crap you" version of ross and monica, where one would knock his/her fists together sideways, the fists facing inwards, with dramatic separation for an encore plus the comical facial expression... ;D

@RNIverson
they were licking it off the floor if my memory serves me right...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: F·R·I·E·N·D·S
« Reply #256 on: Sep 18, 2014 at 06:41 AM »
To commemorate the 20th Anniversary of FRIENDS, they opened a pop-up Central Perk in NY:

http://ny.eater.com/archives/2014/09/a_look_inside_central_perk_where_friends_becomes_reality.php

Free coffee and a gift shop until it closes again next month!
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2014 at 06:51 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
« Reply #257 on: Sep 19, 2014 at 06:55 PM »
NBC should have a cafe like this sa building nila

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
F·R·I·E·N·D·S
« Reply #258 on: Sep 20, 2014 at 05:40 PM »
Gawa ba ni Rachel yung coffee? Hehehe

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2021 at 12:30 PM »
Just saw the reunion. Sarap ng nostalgia trip pero disappointed ako kasi gusto ko sana reunion scripted episode about what happened to them years later.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2021 at 08:21 PM »
Batak na batak mga mukha nilang lahat hehe. Si Courtney nag iba na itsura eh

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2021 at 11:29 PM »
Oo nga, si lisa kudrow at matt le blanc di masyado banat. Si david schwimmer din grabe botox.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #262 on: May 29, 2021 at 08:24 PM »
Ironically, the ones that opted for cosmetic surgery are the ones that look the oldest.  An exception is Matthew Perry, who is actually the youngest in the group but looked the oldest at the reunion.

Apparently, Perry supposedly had emergency dental surgery the day before (hence, the slurred speech). Many online aren't buying it.

He had severe bouts with alcoholism while Friends was in seasons 3 to 6 and he even admitted that he couldn't remember most of those seasons.  So, of course, there was a lot of speculation online that he was still using, even during the 2 days the reunion was filming. If you watch the interviews with him, he didn't seem to be in the right frame of mind (the one with Entertainment Today is on YouTube).

I certainly hope his demons are behind him.  He is only 51 but he looked much older on tv.

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #263 on: May 29, 2021 at 08:29 PM »
That hit me right in the feels! Man, I remember being a fan of this show when I was in third year high school. I remember kinda feeling ashamed that I liked it because  it's not something that 14 year old boys would normally like. But I Had a huge crush on Jennifer Aniston and I would record episodes on our trusty old betamax. Randa ko pa timeslots into every Wednesday at 830pm sa ABC 5.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2021 at 12:13 AM »
Akala ko na-stroke si matthew perry kaya ganun sya magsalita. Sya pa naman favorite ko.

Oo nga, memories of back when ABC 5 was trying to carve its own niche with hit shows like Friends and ER. I remember my dad looking disapprovingly when they aired the lesbian wedding.

Sadly, no guest appearance from Ben, Ross’s son who became a star on Riverdale. No Paul Rudd or Hank Azaria interview either.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2021 at 04:26 AM »
That hit me right in the feels! Man, I remember being a fan of this show when I was in third year high school. I remember kinda feeling ashamed that I liked it because  it's not something that 14 year old boys would normally like. But I Had a huge crush on Jennifer Aniston and I would record episodes on our trusty old betamax. Randa ko pa timeslots into every Wednesday at 830pm sa ABC 5.

What I remember about the ABC5 airings was that they were heavily censored. During the episode where Phoebe cut Monica's hair and made her look like Roddy McDowall in Planet of the Apes, they bleeped out every time the word "God" appeared in "Oh my God!" E tuloy tuloy yun! Puro "Oh my (silent open mouth)!" "Oh my (silent open mouth)!" :D

The reunion really made me feel bad for Matthew Perry. Mukha siyang post-stroke na lolo na mali yung sukat ng bagong pustiso. Sobra pang puti, parang ngipin ni Ross duon sa tooth whitener/black light episode.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Jun 01, 2021 at 05:12 PM »
Ang natatandaan ko noon, nagtataka ako bakit minsan replay ang episode nila. Di ko pa alam na may season break at holiday break sila.
Pero sad na hindi na daw sila gagawa ng reboot or anything kasi ayaw na rin ng cast and writers. Sabagay, anything they come up with is never gonna live up to the fans’ expectations, Although the Will and Grace reboot was good.

Offline Benson

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Jul 06, 2021 at 01:11 AM »
Watching the series on Netflix since the Friends Reunion came out.  Already on Season 7 :)
Keep the FAITH!  Pump up the ANIMO!