Author Topic: F·R·I·E·N·D·S  (Read 26298 times)

Offline Edge_ecution

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:F·R·I·E·N·D·S, Part 2
« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2002 at 02:36 AM »
What is the episode title after the superbowl (dont remember) ???

i havent read the magazine but i pick the Routine of Ross and Monica stood all

im not reading any spoiler of friends nor watching the new season episode in ABC5 becuase i prefer to buy the VCD release of friends season 8. i did buy the season 8 volume1-3 and i did not enjoy it (with the exception of Volume3) because i did read some spoilers and when i go watch it im not suprise or excited as it turns out to be. but WHAT the HECK!!!!! Joey proposed to Rachel and rachel says OK. i prefer rachel and ross in the end. did you know that where did i get this spoiler....but its my fault you warned me with that big SPOILER ALERT

Offline Edge_ecution

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Aug 06, 2002 at 10:12 PM »
Friends season 8 volume 13-16 is on stores right now. nabili ko yung akin sa Radio city

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 07, 2002 at 11:48 AM »
How are the copies? I remember renting a handful of season five F·R·I·E·N·D·S VCDs and some were in glorious mono. I really hope the local distributors did something about that.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 19, 2002 at 02:11 AM »
Long wait is over.  Friends, the last season  :'( will start next week. Ok then ..

8)
k

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 19, 2002 at 08:41 AM »
Nice...but it's the last season so kinda sad  :(. Dito kaya kelan?

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 19, 2002 at 10:57 AM »
Nice...but it's the last season so kinda sad  :(. Dito kaya kelan?

We'll see if the cast can be tempted with $1.5 Million per episode ...  ;D ;D ;D I don't think NBC is ready to give them up yet since they don't have any other big show to replace it.  But I'm sure NBC is willing to give them almost anything to keep them for another season until Scrubs take off. Will and Grace I think is going down sooner than I expected. Stupid baby idea !

8)
k

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2002 at 11:22 AM »
i think we're only a year behind the US.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2002 at 03:26 PM »
A year...tagal! Hope they bring back Friends on Star World....

<off topic>

They now have a baby on Will and Grace? Whose?

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 23, 2002 at 01:11 PM »
They finally won their much-deserved first Emmy!!! Alright!

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 24, 2002 at 04:10 AM »
They finally won their much-deserved first Emmy!!! Alright!

My heart is crying though for Joey (Matt leBlanc) .  :'( :'( :'( I'd rather see him win than Jennifer Anniston for obvious reasons of course.

As for Will and Grace, the season cliffhanger was Grace wanting to have a baby ... from Will. What a stupid idea ! No wonder the show is not funny anymore. First of all, Grace is not ugly and I find it hard to believe that a successful, beautiful woman living in New York will have a hard time finding a good looking guy to be her mate. Look at Sex and the City, they actually do have sex in there.  Second, Will is not ugly and I find it hard to believe that a successfull, handsome lawyer living in New York will have a hard time finding a good looking guy to be his mate. Look at Six Feet Under, even though it's not set in New York, they actually do have sex in there. Third, enough of the fag jokes, make the characters have some sense of reality in them. Jack and Karen can be as cartoonish and looney as they want ... that's cool and funny. But let Will and Grace be as real as possible. It is getting tired I think and frankly, they don't deserve the time slot given to them.  >:( >:( >:(

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Sep 30, 2002 at 02:01 AM »
Got this from zap2it.com:

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Scooby-Doo" star Freddie Prinze Jr. will be guest starring on a milestone episode of "Friends."

On the series' 200th show, entitled "The One with the Male Nanny," Prinze plays an incredibly sensitive male nanny hired to care for baby Emma. His qualifications and good looks impress Rachel (Jennifer Anniston) and threaten an insecure Ross (David Schwimmer).

The show will also feature Emmy Award winner Hank Azaria ("Tuesdays with Morrie" ), who reprises his earlier series role as Phoebe's (Lisa Kudrow) exiled soul mate. He and Paul Rudd ("The Cider House Rules" ) will compete as romantic rivals for her affection.

The episode will air during November sweeps.

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 01, 2002 at 01:31 AM »
people from the states --

how was the friends season premiere?

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 01, 2002 at 07:24 AM »
people from the states --

I don't think you'd want us to tell. That would pretty much spoil the fun and anticipation back there.   ;D ;D ;D

8)
k

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #43 on: Oct 01, 2002 at 10:08 AM »

Not too good. It really wasn't much of a cliffhanger, anyway - you could see how it would be resolved, right? I actually preferred the NEW cliffhanger at the end of the show. Highlight the next sentences to read if you don't mind SPOILERS: So after they figured out the ring confusion, Ross wants to start dating Rachel again but then realizes: Hey! Even though it was a mistake... she actually ACCEPTED Joey's proposal.

I found it funny that Mrs. Judy Gellar wasn't in the episode, and they made some excuse about her picking up her sister or something. If this keeps up, maybe she'll just disappear completely without explanation, like Carol's lesbian lover Susan... where did she vanish to?
END OF SPOILERS
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 03, 2002 at 09:50 AM »
<in my most annoyingly nasal voice>

Oh. My. God.  ;D

Janice saves the day from boring Ross loser routine.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 10:13 AM »
I was watching E! over the weekend, and they showed this FRIENDS Trivia Game (I guess it's a board/card game) that was released only 2 weeks ago in the States. No idea how much it cost and if it's available online. I googled and didn't find anything :P...I know somebody here will be able to help me. :) It's in this white box with the logo of FRIENDS and some photos of the cast, the size of the game box/board is about 2 FRIENDS DVD Boxsets..... ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #46 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 10:28 PM »
I was watching E! over the weekend, and they showed this FRIENDS Trivia Game

I challenge you to a game...  8)

But first we have to find it...  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 15, 2002 at 06:20 AM »
I was watching E! over the weekend, and they showed this FRIENDS Trivia Game

I challenge you to a game...  8)

But first we have to find it...  ;D

Yup, sure!!! ;D Saw one online? :)

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 06:37 AM »
Hey I want one of those trivia games!

To all the fans out there, maybe you can answer this question that has been bugging me since I started watching the show:

What is Chandler Bing's Job?

Also, recently, I've been watching all episodes from Seasons 1-8 and Season 6 quickly became my favorite. The One With The Routine, The One With Ross' Teeth and The One That Could Have Been, The One With The Proposal are all classics in my book.

However, none of them could compare to my all time favorite episode, The One With Two Parties from Season 2.

Any favorite episodes anyone?

By the way, some friends were able to download episodes 901-903 already and they said that they were good. Hopefully I can watch them later and see if their supposedly last season is off to a good start.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2002 at 07:06 AM by Phobos »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 07:02 AM »

Hehheheh...Paging, Hankey! :) They (the characters) couldn't really figure it out too, right? I know he's a supervisor and if something in the WENUS goes wrong, he is responsible for that. ;D

My fave episode is found in the earlier seasons ----> thanksgiving episode, all 6 were playing football. But my favorite season is the recent one we saw, season 8.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 07:09 AM »
Yeah, season 8 made me realize that of all the characters in the show, Joey's the one I'd enjoy being friends with. I'm hoping that the writers have somebody good in store for Joey.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #51 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 03:00 PM »
To all the fans out there, maybe you can answer this question that has been bugging me since I started watching the show:

Chandler does data reconfiguration and statistical factoring for other companies. ;D

I'll have to do more research but off the top of my head I think this is my favorite episode (The One With The Embryos).

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 04:55 PM »
Yep, heard that too, but does he have an job title?

I just finished watching the first threee wpisodes of season 9!  Definitely worth the wait. :P

However, something about 903 doesn't sit well with me. Not to spoil it for the others, but let's just say that I don't think the gang will ever be the same. I really hope that I'm just being paranoid.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2002 at 05:56 PM by Phobos »

Offline Holly Golightly

• Collector
  • impulsive. compulsive. insane
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 08:49 PM »

From The One with the Embryos: "He's a TRANSPONDSTER!"
"That's not even a WORD!"

Any favorite episodes anyone?

The One with the Embryos, kung pre-Mondler. Mondler Era, The One where Everybody Finds Out.

<"Chandler and Monica! Chandler and Monica! CHANDLER AND MONICA!"
"Oh my God!"
"Oh, MY EYES! MY EYES!">

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 09:39 PM »
However, something about 903 doesn't sit well with me. Not to spoil it for the others, but let's just say that I don't think the gang will ever be the same. I really hope that I'm just being paranoid.

Yep, you're just being paranoid.  ;D ;D ;D

But I don't think a lot will change at all. I'm more worried about how baby Emma will fit in to the plots and scenes.  Ross' first kid was well planned .. and stayed with the mother all the time .. aside from occasional appearances. And the way Joey-Rachel-Ross thing was played out didn't sit well with me. I want more ! Rachel should give Joey a chance by going on a date or two with him ..  creating an awkward situation for the three of them.  

As for favorites, I like all the Thanksgiving episodes. The first three seasons were really good. Then the sixth and eight season I think were the most creative ones.

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2002 at 09:41 PM by kakabanas »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 10:06 PM »
Why? Why? Why? Wants in episode 903? Too bad we have a s.......l.........o........w........... connection, can't download it! >:( Spoilers please!!!  ;D

Oh, I just remembered another favorite - the episode with the Christmas Armadillo!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 10:37 PM »

Yep, you're just being paranoid.

I certainly hope so. I mean they pulled this trick before, and went back to say "NAH! Jezzz kidding!". However, this being the supposed last season made me a little more paranoid than usual.

But I don't think a lot will change at all. I'm more worried about how baby Emma will fit in to the plots and scenes.  Ross' first kid was well planned .. and stayed with the mother all the time .. aside from occasional appearances.

Same here, ever since season 8, I had a sneaking suspicion that Emma will only serve as the catalyst that triggers a lot of major changes for the group. Or that's just me and my friends doomsday conspiracy theories again.

And the way Joey-Rachel-Ross thing was played out didn't sit well with me. I want more ! Rachel should give Joey a chance by going on a date or two with him ..  creating an awkward situation for the three of them.  

Cool, another Joey sympathizer.

CrUzSACK like kakabanas said, it may be nothing. I suggest you wait for it to be shown here. But if you really want to know, PM me, and I'll spill the beans, along with my doomsday theory. :P

Also, if FRIENDS spoilers appeal to you, you might want to join this yahoogroup:

[email protected] and browse their previous messages.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 11:25 PM »

Cool, another Joey sympathizer.

I wouldn't say I am a Joey sympathizer. God knows I'd kill Rachel if given the chance so I can have Joey all for myself. It just makes sense ... than the loser Ross-hot babe Rachel combo.  It's about time she try other fruits.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2002 at 03:34 AM by kakabanas »

Offline Edge_ecution

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 02:50 AM »
Guys Second Part of Friends Season 8 is now Available on Astrovision
all Thanksgiving episodes are my favorites and janice guest appearances are fantastic

I still wish that rachel still ends up with Ross. just like Matt Leblac says on Entertainment Magazine "they belong to each other"

For me Ross is the funniest guy in the show.and Joey also but chandler slows a bit since involving with monica. first few season no doubt chandler's character is the funniest

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 04:18 AM »
For me Ross is the funniest guy in the show.and Joey also but chandler slows a bit since involving with monica. first few season no doubt chandler's character is the funniest

The first three seasons, I have to agree that Ross was funny ... but still not the funniest.  Even during those times, Chandler and Phoebe rules ... Joey would come up with some funny lines and scenes once in a while.  But then again, the first three seasons should have been called Ross and Rachel and their Friends.  Right now, Ross no longer shows his sweet side (remember that episode when he didn't show up in a TV taping for Discovery Channel just to take Rachel to the hospital ? ).  Joey remains the sweetest dolt of the bunch ... and hasn't lost it yet.

I hope they would give Joey someone to work with that would make Rachel realize she should give Joey a try ... and make Ross go ballistic. That would be cool !

8)
k