Author Topic: HBO's Six Feet Under  (Read 10405 times)

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re:SIX FEET UNDER on HBO Asia
« Reply #60 on: Nov 20, 2002 at 01:45 AM »
yes you should. I was just actually thinking of the promiscuous part of the description. mwa ha ha just kidding.  ;D

Oh and can anyone please tell me what exactly happened to david and keith? why'd they break up? i missed those episodes and the synopsis (es...is...synopsi... whatever the plural of synopsis is) i found on the net just said they broke up. no details.

Okay, I'm grateful. But now I pray to God that my mom never stumbles across PinoyDVD. Why oh why did I use my real name?!  :o

It's synopsEs. I'm not completely clear on it but I think Keith broke up with David because he thought David was being a hypocrite for accepting the deacon's position in their church. Am I right?

Sheesh, pinost ko pa dito pwede naman namin ikwento sa yo ni Tina tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2002 at 01:49 AM by Jude »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #61 on: Nov 26, 2002 at 11:05 PM »
Okay, which of you guys spotted the former Survivor contestant on tonight's episode?  ::)
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2002 at 11:27 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: Nov 26, 2002 at 11:15 PM »
really good episode tonight. Ruth being high on ecstacy was just too funny and so was Brenda pretending to be dying (in a morbid kind of way).

Lauren Ambrose is just too cool.
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Rocket Gibraltar
« Reply #63 on: Dec 10, 2002 at 04:26 PM »
Has anybody else caught the Hallmark presentation of Rocket Gibraltar with Burt Lancaster? I just noticed that it also starred Kevin Spacey, Patricia Clarkson, Frances Conroy, all of whom are in Alan Ball's productions.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Rachel Griffiths gets married
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2003 at 11:00 AM »

''Six Feet Under'' sexaholic Brenda may not be the best candidate for marriage (as fiancé Nate found out last season), but the actress who plays her, Rachel Griffiths, found a practical way to tie the knot, combining her wedding with a New Year's Eve party.

After a nine-month engagement, the Aussie actress married artist Andrew Taylor on Dec. 31 in the chapel of Star of the Sea, her old school, in Gardenvale, Australia, her publicist said in a statement. Guests were encouraged to dress according to a ''bohemian glam'' theme, according to the Melbourne Herald Sun. ''We wanted to embrace the sensual,'' the couple said in their statement.

Griffiths wore a deconstructed silk gauze couture gown by Alberta Ferretti with Jimmy Choo flat shoes, while the groom eschewed a tux and wore an open-necked vintage Roberto Cavalli shirt. There were no bridesmaids, according to the statement, because ''the bride believes that women in their 30s should never appear in matching dresses.'' However, there were three flower girls in matching fairy dresses designed by the ''Six Feet Under'' costume department.

It's the first marriage for the 34-year-old Griffiths, who has been friends with Taylor for 17 years. They'll honeymoon for a week in Australia before she has to return to Hollywood to start filming the next season of the HBO funeral-home drama ''Six Feet Under.''

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Frances Conroy
« Reply #65 on: Jan 31, 2003 at 04:55 AM »
From EW.com

''Six Feet Under'''s Ruth on the new season -- Frances Conroy's character finally gets some much-deserved respect

Frances Conroy is the Rodney Dangerfield of ''Six Feet Under.'' She gets no respect. Not on the show, playing mortuary mom Ruth Fisher, and not off: Of the terrific cast, she's one of the least interviewed. Some of the corpses get more attention.

This doesn't seem to bother Conroy, and it certainly hasn't prevented a more discriminating viewer from singling her out. ''I've been doing plays in New York forever, but no one ever approached me,'' says the modest 49-year-old of her celebrated stage work. (A favorite of Arthur Miller's, she was nominated for a Tony in his ''The Ride Down Mt. Morgan'' and has won an Obie and a Drama Desk award.) ''But after two seasons of 'Six Feet Under,' that's really changed. People in New York are yelling, 'We love the show! We love Ruth!'... They've been hit in the gut about what's happening in this woman's life, and they're really protective of her.'' According to Conroy, ''Six Feet'' creator Alan Ball wrote her character to reflect a woman generally ignored by prime-time TV. ''She's a real person who isn't all glammed up,'' says Conroy. ''I see middle-aged women all over L.A. with long hair, jean skirts, and cotton anklets. I look at them and say, 'That's Ruth's sisterhood.'''

Ruth's sisterhood will expand this season (beginning March 2): Academy Award-winner Kathy Bates (''About Schmidt''), who's directed three episodes, will guest-star as a new friend, offering a ''wonderful friendship that will surprise everybody,'' says Conroy, who can't elaborate under penalty of death. Also slated for this season: Ruth's expanding relationship with Lisa (Lili Taylor), a more mature connection with daughter Claire (Lauren Ambrose), and the usual parade of stiffs. ''I read one of the death scenes at the beginning of an episode,'' teases Conroy, ''and I thought, 'Oh, my God, you can die that way?' And evidently you can.'' Come on, spit it out. We'll take it to the grave.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 31, 2003 at 06:10 PM »
I was telling acidburn that I'm probably "artistically impaired", since I was just watching the DVD special features, and I really didn't know that the opening credits of the show actually told a complete story! I thought it was just random images of death/mortuary stuff.

Did you guys notice that? A happy couple (joined hands) is split up (hands coming apart) by the death of the girl... she's brought to the hospital... she's dead on the gurney... enbalmed... made up... brought to the funeral home... brought in a hearse to the cemetary... and then buried under that tree on a hill where she will forever be... (title): "SIX FEET UNDER".
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2003 at 06:16 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 31, 2003 at 06:12 PM »
Did you guys notice that?

Duh....hindi. ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2003 at 06:15 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 31, 2003 at 06:15 PM »
di ko rin na-realize yan. thanks!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
SIX FEET UNDER on HBO Asia
« Reply #69 on: Feb 18, 2003 at 08:14 PM »
SFU fans! If you wish to know what's next for the Fisher family, here are a few choice tidbits direct from HBO courtesy of Hollywood.com:

What We'll See in Season 3

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Apr 04, 2003 at 03:08 AM »
SFU fans! If you wish to know what's next for the Fisher family, here are a few choice tidbits direct from HBO courtesy of Hollywood.com:

What We'll See in Season 3

The new season is boring me. Aside from Kathy Bates and Catherine O'Hara's guest stints, the series looks tired. I still love Freddy Rodriguez though.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
SIX FEET UNDER Season 2 on HBO Asia
« Reply #71 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 05:49 PM »
Just a heads up. Season Two of Six Feet Under begins next week, July 8, Tuesday at 10PM on HBO Asia with two back-to-back episodes. The succeeding week, they resume the single episode per week format at the same time.

Reruns are on Saturdays after the Saturday Night Premiere.

Please note that the HBO Asia website has two separate tags for Six Feet Under this year, one called "Six Feet Under" and the other called "Six Feet Under: Singapore Version". Check it out by shifitng the country tags from Singapore to Philippines when looking at the schedule on the site.

Does this mean we'll finally get the show UNCUT... or just LESS CUT than Singapore?

Time will tell...  ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2003 at 05:51 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 09:43 PM »
I've seen episode 2 of Season 2 and it still looks like the profanity was edited...  I watched a screener sent by HBO Asia to my friend who was supposed to review the ep for TV Guide Phils (they actually labelled it as the first episode, but it's actually ep 2)...  I just hope the final version we see next Tuesday is the unedited one...
The war is over...  Now bring on the classics on HD!

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jul 02, 2003 at 12:48 AM »
i highly doubt they'll show the full versions  ::)

good thing i've DLed all S2 eps already  ;D
Amor Fati

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jul 03, 2003 at 04:15 AM »
I stopped watching this show mid-third season. It's dragging ....

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 07:58 PM »

Six Feet Under

Season Two begins at 10PM tonight.

Only on HBO Asia.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2003 at 08:11 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 14, 2004 at 10:38 AM »

Six Feet Under

Season Two begins at 10PM tonight.

Only on HBO Asia.

Well, it began again last night. Episodes 2x1 and 2x2 were shown consecutively. I'm not sure when they'll be airing the next eps. Will it revert to the Tuesday-Saturday night sked again?

We are sooooooo effing behind for shor  :P  Thank God I've already seen S3! Anyway, I read somewhere that S4 will start on June 13. Dang, I miss seeing Nate without that woman by his side.   
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2004 at 10:40 AM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline Kahon

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • Hmpppp!!!!
  • Liked:
Re: SIX FEET UNDER on HBO Asia
« Reply #77 on: Apr 14, 2004 at 11:10 AM »

Well, it began again last night. Episodes 2x1 and 2x2 were shown consecutively. I'm not sure when they'll be airing the next eps. Will it revert to the Tuesday-Saturday night sked again?

replays are on fridays at 10:30pm (or thereabouts).
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2004 at 11:53 AM by Kahon »

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #78 on: Apr 18, 2004 at 02:32 AM »
I laughed out loud when Nate got high on ecstacy!  ;D

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 20, 2004 at 12:13 PM »
It's all about the flow, man.

I loved how Nate groped Brenda before they had dinner pa lang. She probably would have whacked him on the forehead kung walang tao. The funniest part for me was when Nate said that he taught David about w***ing.  Pamatay yung facial expressions nilang tatlo :)  Lalo na yung kay David.
Amor Fati

Offline temmy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2004 at 07:05 PM »
bump  :)

this is a little late but season 3 premiered last night.  replay will be on sat, 10:30 pm.

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 01:20 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up temmy  :)

Btw, I read from somewhere else that the Fisher house (at least its exterior) is known as the Auguste Marquis. It's said that it's owned by the Filipino Federation of America. It was built in 1904 in the Eastlake/Queen Anne style and can be found in the West Adams section of the City. Also, it was declared a Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument (#602) on 9/27/1994.

Sorry if it was mentioned before  ::)  but it's pretty neat, eh?

« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2004 at 01:22 PM by scully »
Amor Fati

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #82 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 05:04 PM »
Btw, I read from somewhere else that the Fisher house (at least its exterior) is known as the Auguste Marquis. It's said that it's owned by the Filipino Federation of America. It was built in 1904 in the Eastlake/Queen Anne style and can be found in the West Adams section of the City. Also, it was declared a Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument (#602) on 9/27/1994.

Sorry if it was mentioned before  ::)  but it's pretty neat, eh?

Yup, it's neat all right--go to this page, read the 4th entry, and click on the pic, it's Fisher & Diaz, no doubt about it.  So if we're ever in the Los Angeles area that means we can visit it! 8)

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 06:18 PM »
I watched the Pilot with Alan Ball's commentary on and he mentions that it's a Filipino-owned house  ;D (I've had the dvds since last year and now ko lang napanood ng lahat ng features) Anyway, the S3 finale was aired here a couple of weeks ago, am I right? I wonder when they'll be showing S4 (S4ep10 pa lang sila sa US yesterday). I really hope we don't have to wait for another year! I miss my Nate & Brenda  :'(

Btw, I was lucky enough to win the SFU-trivia Phil. Star contest. Second copy of the SFU book ko na sha  :D
Amor Fati

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #84 on: Aug 23, 2004 at 06:59 PM »
Btw, I was lucky enough to win the SFU-trivia Phil. Star contest. Second copy of the SFU book ko na sha  :D

cool! congrats.  8)

And yup, the s3 finale was over and done with weeks ago. I miss my Claire, hehe...

Offline scully

• Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Nov 10, 2004 at 03:06 PM »
Bumping this up for this CNN bit:

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- HBO is preparing a eulogy for "Six Feet Under."

The pay cabler confirmed Friday that the upcoming fifth season of "Six Feet" will be the last for the ensemble drama revolving around the trials and tribulations of a family that runs a mortuary.

Series creator/executive producer Alan Ball recently informed HBO executives that he felt the show will have run its creative course by the end of the upcoming 12-episode season. (HBO is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.)

"Working on 'Six Feet Under' has been enormously fulfilling creatively, but if the show is about anything, it's about the fact that everything comes to an end," Ball said in a statement. "I will miss working with such enormously talented writers, cast, staff and crew and I'll always be grateful to HBO for allowing and encouraging us to tell the story we set out to tell in a challenging and uncompromising way."

"Six Feet" has been a critical darling for HBO, if not a commercial hit on the scale of "The Sopranos" or "Sex and the City," since its 2001 debut. The drama, whose ensemble cast includes Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Rachel Griffiths, Lauren Ambrose and Frances Conroy, has been showered with Emmy nominations -- it earned 16 Emmy bids in 2002, its first year of eligibility, and 23 noms in 2003 -- but has yet to claim the top drama series prize in the annual Emmy derby.

"Six Feet" is a project that has been particularly close to the heart of Carolyn Strauss, HBO entertainment president, who originally dreamed up the notion of doing a series set in a mortuary. She pitched the idea to Ball, who was then hot off the success of his Oscar-winning screenplay for "American Beauty," and the writer-producer fell for it immediately.

"Dealing with death seemed like a very common experience that we could all relate to, and (the mortuary setting) seemed like a great lens for a fairly ironic show," Strauss said. "It also seemed like the kind of show that only (HBO) could do."

Strauss was quick to praise Ball and the rest of the "Six Feet" crew for "all the impressive work. It's been a fantastic experience to be associated with this show," she said.

Production on "Six Feet's" fifth season is set to begin November 16, but a premiere date has not yet been set, Strauss said. Word of "Six Feet's" swan song season comes at a time when HBO is already in a transitional phase after bidding farewell to "Sex and the City" this year, while its other original series tentpole, "The Sopranos," isn't due back for its final season until 2006.

HBO has the sophomore season of its wild Western "Deadwood" on tap to premiere in January, followed in March by the return of Depression-era drama "Carnivale."

Other series in the production pipeline at HBO are "Big Love," starring Bill Pullman as a modern-day polygamist in Utah, and the big-budget costume drama "Rome."

CNN link

I will soooo miss them  :'(  The S4 ending was superb as usual (especially the last scene). Excuse me while I cry....
Amor Fati

Offline kenjase

• Collector
  • Liked:
Six Feet Under
« Reply #86 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 12:25 AM »
[Threads Merged - Moderator]

My apologies if I posted this on the wrong thread.

I'm curious.  Does anyone know if HBO has renewed the series Six Feet Under for a fifth season in 2005?

I just saw the first few episodes on Six Feet Under - Season One on dvd.  I really liked it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2005 at 12:44 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: Six Feet Under
« Reply #87 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 12:36 AM »
Yes, the show was renewed for its fifth and final season, which will air later this year.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2005 at 12:45 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline kenjase

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: HBO's Six Feet Under
« Reply #88 on: Jan 03, 2005 at 06:29 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Sorry I didn't notice this thread.

By the way, does anyone happen to know if and when Warner Home Video Philippines will release the region 3 dvd set of Six Feet Under - Second Season?

The region 3 dvd costs about a third of the region 1 counterpart.

Anyway, I'm glad I've decided to try watching Six Feet Under.  I don't have cable at home and this is the first time I've seen it, on dvd.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: HBO's Six Feet Under
« Reply #89 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 06:22 PM »
By the way, does anyone happen to know if and when Warner Home Video Philippines will release the region 3 dvd set of Six Feet Under - Second Season?

There was an article in the November or December 2004 issue of TV Star Guide that announced it would be released by Warner, but they didn't give an exact date. Warner TV series release schedules are pretty f-ed up, though. They announced Without a Trace back in October, I had intended to give these boxed sets as Christmas gifts, but only found them in stores on December 23, so my Christmas shopping was already done.

Lucky for me, though, since for those people who were supposed to get the sets, I ended up buying gifts that cost less than half of what the Without a Trace sets cost.  ;D

The region 3 dvd costs about a third of the region 1 counterpart.

Yeah, that's the problem with HBO R1 releases. Too expensive!
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2005 at 06:23 PM by Mr. Hankey »