Author Topic: The Amazing Race 7  (Read 20156 times)

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Race 7
« Reply #30 on: Mar 03, 2005 at 01:47 PM »
the premiere was kinda long considering they only went to one country........ ohwell........ the brothers, Brian and Greg are really nice.....wonder how long they will last? hmmmmm  ???  sana magtagal para naman may cute na guys...hehehehehe

anybody noticed that almost all of the teams are NICE? makes you kinda wish for a jonathan and victoria pair..........................NOT! >:D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #31 on: Mar 03, 2005 at 05:48 PM »
On Megan and Heidi: Can't believe people still won't check all the departure times before picking a pile/tree/or whatever it has been in the last 6 seasons. Still! And their reason was "We're already here" and "That other one might not be faster." Well check, why don't you? Thankfully for them it ended up not mattering.

On Rob and Amber: When Rob said "We've already won a million," Amber just smiled, which I took as "Watch it there boy, I won a million. We're not married yet." :)

On Debbie and Bianca: So should their description "Lifelong Friends" be put in quotation marks? Is it supposed to be a euphemism for something else? All that kissing and I love yous and babys. The even argue like a couple which is quite different from the way friends argue, but which if you ask me to explain why, I won't be able to. :)

Agree with Mr. Hankey and SPaCeMaN SPiFF. I thought the black guy looked like Keith, too. And that Lynn looked like Ross. Though from some angles, he reminds me of My Big Fat Obnoxious groom, too. Also, Debbie and Bianca remind me of Laura Dern. One of them. Sometimes both of them, hehe.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2005 at 06:25 PM »
i agree with sardaukar on comment re: Debbie and Bianca......after watching the episode,  re checked the website of CBS, expecting a change in their profile, coz the 2 of them are really................hmm, how did brian (or was it greg?) put it to his brother while they where lining up at the airport, and the "lifelong friends" were like kissing and saying i love you............"HEY THOSE TWO GIRLS ARE LIKE....... ::) ::) ::)(significant pause, probably noticed that the camera are focused on them) NEVER MIND"  :-X

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2005 at 09:51 PM »
Dunno 'bout Rob (Boston Rob, is it?), but I absolutely loooved Amber in Survivor: Outback along with Elizabeth (doesn't she host a show aired on the Lifestyle Network?). If next week's preview is any indication, we probably won't have to wait long for the other teams' resentment towards Rob and Amber to start rearing (and reappearing) its ugly head...  ;D

Go Amber! ... only?  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2005 at 09:51 PM by cherubrock »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 01:00 AM »
On Megan and Heidi: Can't believe people still won't check all the departure times before picking a pile/tree/or whatever it has been in the last 6 seasons. Still! And their reason was "We're already here" and "That other one might not be faster." Well check, why don't you? Thankfully for them it ended up not mattering.

On Rob and Amber: When Rob said "We've already won a million," Amber just smiled, which I took as "Watch it there boy, I won a million. We're not married yet." :)

On Debbie and Bianca: So should their description "Lifelong Friends" be put in quotation marks? Is it supposed to be a euphemism for something else? All that kissing and I love yous and babys. The even argue like a couple which is quite different from the way friends argue, but which if you ask me to explain why, I won't be able to. :)

Agree with Mr. Hankey and SPaCeMaN SPiFF. I thought the black guy looked like Keith, too. And that Lynn looked like Ross. Though from some angles, he reminds me of My Big Fat Obnoxious groom, too. Also, Debbie and Bianca remind me of Laura Dern. One of them. Sometimes both of them, hehe.

lynn talks like "ross the intern" too.

as for debbie and bianca... it's very rare to see "touchy feely" americans, but they exist. now, it is still completely possible that they are more than "friends". but if you ask me... they probably are just that. as for arguing like an old couple... well, friends can be like that too. just watch "the odd couple" or "grumpy old men". LOL

just finished watching "growing up gotti" on star... and holy schmitt! they all remind me of rob. (who, by the way, is exceptionally "slimy" this time... LOL.) i thought was funny how amber was off-handedly teasing rob about his weight gain... "i can't wait to get on with this race... looking forward to losing some pounds." was kinda shocked when rob said  "... WE win another million." uh, hello?? it was AMBER who won the first million... not youse, stupid. LOL.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 06:15 AM »
Didn't find it odd that Debbie and Bianca are that way towards each other as my closest girl friends and myself are like that with each other (yes and now that I think about it, people wonder too! :-\ ). I just think it's a girl thing, that boys cannot understand. But...on second viewing of the episode, nabahiran na ako ng malisya ;D so I checked their profiles, checked other boards....hmmmm, napa wonder tuloy ako? ;D

Rob still sounds Italian no matter if he's speaking in another language.

I'm somehow missing Mirna and Charla. I'd like to hear words like: bike-o, basket-o, truck-o. ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2005 at 06:17 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 02:27 PM »
I'm somehow missing Mirna and Charla. I'd like to hear words like: bike-o, basket-o, truck-o. ;D

Dont forget the "DOCTOR-O".

;D
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 05:05 PM »
Mas exciting sana ang random taxis (as opposed to marked ones) para talagang exponential ang luck factor! Remember those firemen guys who got lost in Morocco? And who could forget Colin's run-in with the law in Africa?  ;D

Offline josh40

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2005 at 05:04 PM »
if uchenna looks like keith from six feet under, brian looks like jeremy sisto (brenda's brother)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #39 on: Mar 07, 2005 at 02:51 PM »
iba na yata sked nito sa axn replays, tuwing sabado na?!
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 07, 2005 at 05:41 PM »
was able to watch it yesterday at 1PM. baka dahil 2 hour premiere lang......

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2005 at 06:25 PM »
is it just me or did anyone else find the premiere a bit boring? I mean I found myself changing the channel a few times during the show...  :-\

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #42 on: Mar 07, 2005 at 06:54 PM »
start pa lang, usually picks up in the middle then last legs
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Mar 08, 2005 at 07:47 AM »
Going slightly OT, thought TAR fans may wanna know....

TV Guide calls this an Amazing Rip-Off  :D:

Variety reports that NBC is putting together an unscripted television show that will let everyday people search for their own national treasure by cracking the NBC's version of "The Da Vinci Code."  Producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz will produce "Treasure Hunters" for the network. The show will be an hourlong reality program that will send multiplayer teams on a global quest to unlock the secrets of an intricate puzzle. Each clue will unlock another part of the mystery. Whichever teams puts all the clues together first will discover the location of an undisclosed treasure.

Da Vinci Code meets Amazing Race? Seems like a concept straight out of a video game too, no?

Offline jayps

• Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Mar 08, 2005 at 07:08 PM »
is it just me or did anyone else find the premiere a bit boring? I mean I found myself changing the channel a few times during the show...  :-\

Well it's still good,  but they have to be more creative with the challenges, I mean how many times do we have to see peopel bungee jump or rapel? they keep on recycling prevoius challenges used in the show. i am hoping for more mental challenges   

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Mar 08, 2005 at 09:51 PM »
In know. They should have Great White Shark feedings or something.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Mar 09, 2005 at 12:52 PM »
Nice bunch of racers, this time around. They all seem so pleasant. Quite opposite of last season's bunch. Even Rob. Don't know if I like that or not. But I do know that what Rob did earlier sa ticketing office, was fine, IMO...strategy eh.

Edited to add: Saw the Insider Videos at the CBS site. There was friction between the gay couple and the POW in the first episode....have to check back that video, couldn't quite get it. Anyway, sige na nga, I'll root for Rob and Amber! Haha! ;D Took two episodes to convince me, and I so didn't like them in ASS!

THE INSTIGATOR - Insider video
- Amber: Rob, you don't have to be rude. Just because they're mean, doesn't mean we have to be (inaudible)....
- Rob: (says something about being the instigator)
- Amber: I know you do (are? - forgot what she actually said, and she smiles while saying that, it wasn't cute, wasn't sweet either....but my goodness, this girl is nice!)

I'm so surprised they get along!!! Amber is probably what Rob needs. So, if anyone's expecting a Jonathan-Victoria part 2, or a Hayden-Aaron part 2, I don't think this team is it (baka yung POW/beauty contestant pa...)

Can't deny that they both are good racers, almost as good as (gakk!) Colin and Christie. Rob may be devious, but he sure knows what he's doing in the race....so far.

Phil also shared a few tidbits sa Insider Videos (may pagka chismoso pala to ;D!) --- the reason why the boys cried at the pitstop was because the one elimated and their team, hooked up the night before, shared one room at the hotel or something. They were close to that elimated team. :)
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2005 at 07:10 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Mar 09, 2005 at 01:54 PM »
Rob and Amber seem to have a healthy relationship which surprises me a little considering how it started. Good for them. I'm actually starting to root for them.

Oh, and what's with Meredith referring to himself in the third person there at the end when they were looking for the pit stop. To Gretchen: "You guide us from here. Meredith is trying his best." Weirdo.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #48 on: Mar 09, 2005 at 05:15 PM »
Sad to see Rob and Amber have taken their dirty Survivor ways onto a show like The Amazing Race. I think this is the first season where players have used bribery to shut people up... and bus doors, too. It feels dirty in what I felt was a very clean reality show.

Is this the first time we see two racers actually cry for the team they beat on the mat for second-to-last place?

The detour/road blocks were boring for me, though. Shoe shining and pushing books/going to market. Eh. Remember when they used to go racing at Le Monde and digging through mountains of poo? Now those were fun. Or when clues were cryptic and you actually had to interpret them - like "Find the giant clock with the cat" or "Search for the green star from the tallest building in the city." Those were at least a bit of a mental challenge.

That was a cranky comment. I think I'm getting reality-saturated, since I'm watching this, The Apprentice 3, The Apprentice UK, Survivor: Palau, American Idol and The Contender. I think I'll need to drop two to start enjoying the ones I'll continue watching a bit more.  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2005 at 05:17 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline mccoy

• DVD Addict
  • HEY. HO. LET'S GO.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #49 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 11:44 AM »
hey guys, what time replay sa studio 23? wednesday night rin ba?
LAKAD PILIPINAS: Explore the Philippines & Beyond

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 04:45 PM »
I think it's now Thursdays at 7:30pm-8:20pm, before Alias.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Mar 16, 2005 at 11:01 AM »
Spoilers

As much as I don't like teams that quit, I equally don't like tasks that are so difficult that it's actually more advantageous to quit rather than finish the task. They should either extend the penalty to 24 hours (like with Momily--why'd they change that anyway?) or--better--stop with the eating challenges.

I mean, even assuming it tastes good--which it doesn't seem to--that's still a hell of a lot of food. Imagine 4 16oz. steaks. Although I guess the caviar would still be the worst.

I also find it funny and ironic that Rob was supposed to finish all that food when his skill in Survivor was eating so little, hehe.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2005 at 11:47 PM by sardaukar »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Mar 16, 2005 at 02:01 PM »
When you watch this week's episode (and from here on out till Romber is eliminated, IF eliminated) just remember that Rob has a degree in Psychology. Just want to point that out....caution: more scheming ahead. :) Master manipulator, that Rob. ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2005 at 02:02 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Mar 16, 2005 at 03:00 PM »
I actually kind of like how Rob is using the skills he developed in Survivor and applying it to the Amazing Race. He's very, very sneaky  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Mar 16, 2005 at 04:48 PM »
"Eating till you puke" is definitely a newer roadblock that someone needed to challenge, since it's senseless. Rob's rebellion did make me smile, but I'm still annoyed that my favorite "purely skill" reality show has been invaded by "Survivor-like scheming."

I don't know... I think when you join The Amazing Race, unless a task is really impossible or you're unable to finish it due to injury, then you have to try your best before throwing in the towel. It's what you signed up for. Scheming and manipulation before you've really done all you can seems off for this show.

But then again, Rob's new tactics have reignited my actual interest in the show, which otherwise is so routine and repetitive already.

Double-edged sword. Soon we'll see Johnny Fairplay types on this show, as well.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2005 at 04:49 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 16, 2005 at 05:45 PM »
Rob and Amber!!!!  ;D

I have a renewed interest in TAR because of them.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2005 at 05:47 PM by Egg »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #56 on: Mar 17, 2005 at 11:52 AM »
I think when you join The Amazing Race, unless a task is really impossible or you're unable to finish it due to injury, then you have to try your best before throwing in the towel. It's what you signed up for. Scheming and manipulation before you've really done all you can seems off for this show.

True. It's sad to see my favorite reality show tainted by those two annoying turds--they're actually setting precedents for future annoying racers.  >:(
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2005 at 11:55 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 17, 2005 at 04:47 PM »
Hehe, think of the fallout if Rob & Amber actually won TAR 7. Magka-drastic reformat kaya?  ;D

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 17, 2005 at 06:34 PM »
i think Rob and Amber will have a hard time winning.  although Rob is a "master schemer," most of the other teams are scheming against them.

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 17, 2005 at 07:15 PM »
I actually found it interesting to see how Rob's Survivor techniques worked in their favor during that last episode... and surprised that a number of the other teams so easily fell for it considering how they all seem to be conspiring against them!

;D  ;D  ;D