Author Topic: The Amazing Race 7  (Read 20174 times)

Offline Ikiru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: The Amazing Race 7
« Reply #60 on: Mar 18, 2005 at 05:56 PM »
But then again, Rob's new tactics have reignited my actual interest in the show, which otherwise is so routine and repetitive already.

Double-edged sword. Soon we'll see Johnny Fairplay types on this show, as well.

It has actually made the show more interesting for me as well. How far will his unorthodox TAR schemes take them? Abangan!

Johnny Fairplay on TAR...now THAT will be a hoot! (How'd his TNA wrestling stint go, BTW?)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #61 on: Mar 23, 2005 at 03:13 PM »
He actually had a TNA wrestling stint???  ;D

Rob and Amber annoy me more each week. I didn't like how they were gloating about being quitters. It's just annoying to lose to people like that.

Ray was exceptionally disgusting in his comments today. Ageism at its worst.

Next week looks to be the most violent episode of all time. Since PinoyDVD will be going offline for a while, you may not see an alert, so set your VCRs NOW:

Next week's installment of The Amazing Race is a TWO-HOUR special episode. So the "live" East Coast Feed on Studio 23 should be from 10AM-12NN on March 30th.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2005 at 03:18 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: Mar 23, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
Yahoo! My favorite team is back in front!  >:D

Why don't the other teams just concentrate on the race rather than obsessing over Rob & Amber? If they're not careful, this might just lead to their early exit from the race. Despite the negative baggage the Survivor alums caryy, you can't deny they're running a good race  ;D

** napansin niyo ba na when the gay couple finished first last week wala silang prize? ..wala lang  :-*

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 23, 2005 at 10:00 PM »
Yahoo! My favorite team is back in front!  >:D

Why don't the other teams just concentrate on the race rather than obsessing over Rob & Amber? If they're not careful, this might just lead to their early exit from the race. Despite the negative baggage the Survivor alums caryy, you can't deny they're running a good race  ;D

** napansin niyo ba na when the gay couple finished first last week wala silang prize? ..wala lang  :-*

Napansin ko nga. Buti nga sa kanila.  >:D
I really like the team who are obsessed with Rob and Amber to be eliminated, be the one eliminated first.  >:D

Go Amber and Rob.  :)

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Mar 24, 2005 at 08:55 PM »
Teams I hope will be eliminated next:

Ray and Deana (?) - hopefully beaten out by the old folks. ;)
The boyfriends - starting to get really annoying ::)

The brothers remind me of that guy from SNL who's also in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... forgot his name...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Apr 01, 2005 at 11:02 PM »
Anyone still rooting for Rob and Amber after the last episode? Joking that Meredith intentionally pushed his wife and refusing to give them even one cent? Not even pulling down their windows and asking if the cameraman on the ground of an overturned car was alright, then actually smiling about the accident on-camera?

Rob has actually made me see Jonathan in a new light. Jonathan's a saint beside him - even Jonathan gave the last place team $20, and that team didn't even have an accident and have to give up their bags at the end of the non-elimination round. Rob, on the other hand, even saw it fit to call the senior citizens he didn't help "con artists".

That said, after what for me has been a so-so season, I felt this week's show was the best episode of this series of all time. A lot of drama, interesting (and heartwarming) challenges, an exciting final race to the pit stop between two teams, and a satisfying elimination.

Did anyone see what happened to Deana? I couldn't figure out what happened to her to cause her face to be completely swollen/distorted at the pit stop and in the after-game interviews.
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2005 at 02:37 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Apr 01, 2005 at 11:08 PM »

Did anyone see what happened to Deana? I couldn't figure out what happened to her to cause her face to be completely swollen/distorted at the pit stop and in the after-game interviews.

She was sort of squinting with her right eye ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Apr 01, 2005 at 11:18 PM »
She was sort of squinting with her right eye ;)

Gee, thanks!  ;D

By the way, early heads-up again for Pinoy viewers: DST starts in the States this weekend, so if we follow what's been happening the previous years, the "live" satellite feed on Studio 23 starting April 6 should now be at 9:00AM on Wednesdays.

Set your timers accordingly.

Does anyone know if Studio 23 will also cover the extra episode they're airing in the States next week? If ever it's carried simultaneous with the East Coast feed, then that SHOULD be on Thursday, April 7 at 8:00AM in the Philippines.

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Apr 02, 2005 at 08:34 PM »
That was a very sweet victory for the brothers, and a very bitter one for psycho Ray. Would've been nicer if the old folks had outran him  ;). Haven't had a thriller of a pit stop like that since the pool in Sri Lanka (?) last season!  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #69 on: Apr 03, 2005 at 01:41 PM »
Boston Rob is turning out to be one big A-HOLE... He is so smug. I think he honestly believes that he is a lot better than every one else... Amber should ditch him...  :-[

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Apr 03, 2005 at 02:30 PM »
I absolutely adore Gretchen and Meredith. They are so nice and so optimistic. It makes one wish he/she could find a life-long partner like them.

I wonder if the South African lady would help Rob and Amber if she had known how evil this couple had been in the race.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Apr 03, 2005 at 10:29 PM »
Funny to note that even while they insisted they shoud be among the strong teams, Ray and Deana only managed to place first by doing the fast forward. Also amusing is that they now join the ranks of TAR teams who finished first on one episode, then got the boot on the next. Good riddance! BTW I think it was a food allergy which caused the swelling on Deana's face (ala Hitch)

Despite their competitiveness (which admittedly is coming out like a mean streak), and smugness, I'm still rooting for Rob & Amber  >:D

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Apr 04, 2005 at 12:24 AM »
dadag ko lang that Lynn... the older half of the gay couple reminds me so much of ross, the intern on jay leno's the tonight show.  ;)

dagdag ko din... lynn and alex reminded me so much of the gay couple played by Nathan Lane and Robin Williams from the movie The Birdcage.

can't help but to cheer rob and amber kasi nakakaasar yung ibang team na sila ang nagiging basis para mauna sa race.

That was a very sweet victory for the brothers, and a very bitter one for psycho Ray. Would've been nicer if the old folks had outran him ;). Haven't had a thriller of a pit stop like that since the pool in Sri Lanka (?) last season! ;D

i agree.  naawa ako kina brian. kita mo yung concern nila sa camera man nila.

AND... as*h*le  si ray. deserved nyang ma eliminate. masyadong nya kinakawawa si deanna.  napansin nyo ba na lagi sa roadblock si deanna ang pinagagawa nya at driver pa nya.

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Apr 04, 2005 at 01:12 AM »
This was my first time watching the entire 2 hrs episode of amazing race. I was proud of the 2 oldies on how they made it...buti nalng naalis na yung mag syota na ang babae was so pessimistic all throughout. Boston n Amber(dapat naman pnagbigyan nalng nila ang iba na sumali) nanalo na nga sila sa survivor mukhang they're planning to join the entire reality show >:( The 2 brothers, despite the accident they still made it which was awesome on how they got so emotional... I'm getting the hang of this. can't wait to watch it again. hopefully i get to watch the entire show until the end! ;D

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Apr 04, 2005 at 02:53 PM »
Anyone still rooting for Rob and Amber after the last episode?

I'm still rooting for Rob and Amber.
There's evil in me.  >:D

What Rob did was ungentlemanly, that' why I never liked him in Survivor.

Go  r o b  and AMBER!!!  :)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Apr 04, 2005 at 03:41 PM »
- Rob, good racer - yes. Good person - no.  :)
- Didn't Ray hit/jab Deana right in the eye, with that long stick during the detour round (although not intended)? Plus the flour (?) probably irritated that and made it worse, so she's squinting. Eye's pretty swollen too.

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 05:19 PM »
i really hate Lyn and Alex.  ang aarte...

never liked Rob in survivor, and i am hating him more in TAR.  didn't even stop at the accident.  how insensitive that can be  >:( >:(  sayang si Amber sana sa akin nalang sya sumama!  ;D  may $1M pa ako!!   ;D ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 05:59 PM »
i really hate Lyn and Alex.  ang aarte...

never liked Rob in survivor, and i am hating him more in TAR.  didn't even stop at the accident.  how insensitive that can be  >:( >:(  sayang si Amber sana sa akin nalang sya sumama!  ;D  may $1M pa ako!!   ;D ;D

i dunno... i'm actually quite amused by lynn and alex's antics during the show. and stopping to check on the fallen brothers only wins points in my eyes.

and c'mon... their disgust for rob and amber simply mirror my own feelings for the "devil spawned" couple. (probably why i like them more. LOL)

at this point... i'm pretty much rooting for anyone BUT rob and amber. their offhand comments simply prove how much they truly deserve each other. (amber!! wake up!! don't allow an a-hole like rob to breed! ugh! as if freddy and kendra wasn't enough. LOL)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 06:06 PM »

actually... i was surprised to see she had 2 black eyes! she looked like a racoon... maybe ray kept hitting her in the eye while they were pounding those grains. i heard her say "ouch" several times during that road block....  ::)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 06:11 PM »
I think the problem with Rob and Amber... well with Rob anyway... is that he is too comfortable already with the cameras that he really "performs" in front of them... He does and says things simply for showmanship's sake... His celebrity (if any) got the better of him I guess  :P Classic case of a bloated head

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 12:10 AM »
I think the problem with Rob and Amber... well with Rob anyway... is that he is too comfortable already with the cameras that he really "performs" in front of them... He does and says things simply for showmanship's sake... His celebrity (if any) got the better of him I guess  :P Classic case of a bloated head

you think it's a performance??... i see otherwise. i think we are seeing the real rob... the one's even his parents don't see.  let's see them blame this one on fancy editing... LOL.  ;D

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 09:02 AM »
Gee, thanks! ;D

By the way, early heads-up again for Pinoy viewers: DST starts in the States this weekend, so if we follow what's been happening the previous years, the "live" satellite feed on Studio 23 starting April 6 should now be at 9:00AM on Wednesdays.

Set your timers accordingly.

Amazing Race na nga!

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 09:28 AM »
you think it's a performance??... i see otherwise. i think we are seeing the real rob... the one's even his parents don't see.  let's see them blame this one on fancy editing... LOL.  ;D

Yeah, that's the major problem... A-Hole na sya as it is... super magnified pa because he's showing off for the cams  ;D

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Apr 07, 2005 at 12:12 AM »
last night episode was a good race to the point where anyone could be at first place. The oldies seems to always put a smile on my face. I know they joined so they could have a chance to see the world and last night they we're really sight seeing. I'm glad they still made it despite going back. ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Apr 07, 2005 at 12:39 AM »
There goes the last team I actually wanted to win. I liked them and the two all-female teams. Now it's just "I hope to see Romber get eliminated already" for me.

With no one better to root for, I'll settle for Joyce and the Keith-lookalike for now. They seem to be nice people, though they're really pushing the race card to the fullest in Africa.

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Apr 07, 2005 at 12:44 PM »
"You're the first team to arrive".. and the good news is.....

Galing and swerte talaga nila rob and AMBER.
Dami na silang pupuntahan after the race, almost every time they came in first , me good news.. (pre-selected pit stop kaya talaga?)

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 09:39 AM »
Another AXN blunder.....

I stayed up til midnight last night just to catch this week's episode re-run of TAR 7 @ AXN...but to my suprise & disgust, AXN featured last night next week's episode of season recap!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Hopefully it was just a one-time blunder on their side & they will feature the right episode on the next scheduled re-run.... :D
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #87 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 06:53 PM »
As far as I know, AXN's schedule is correct. The mid-season recap aired just this Wednesday in the States--the day after this week's episode (episode 7)--and therefore aired on a Thursday here. And that's why you caught the replay of the recap episode last night. This coming Wednesday will be episode 8.

If you want to catch a replay of episode 7, there's one at 11am tomorrow with the recap episode following right after it.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2005 at 06:55 PM by sardaukar »

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 10:20 AM »
As far as I know, AXN's schedule is correct. The mid-season recap aired just this Wednesday in the States--the day after this week's episode (episode 7)--and therefore aired on a Thursday here. And that's why you caught the replay of the recap episode last night. This coming Wednesday will be episode 8.

If you want to catch a replay of episode 7, there's one at 11am tomorrow with the recap episode following right after it.

That's why all scheduled re-runs of TAR7 @ AXN this weekend is on a 2-hour stretch..... :)

Thanks for the info Sardaukar.

8)
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #89 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 01:20 PM »
No problem. :)