Author Topic: The Amazing Race 7  (Read 20169 times)

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Race 7
« Reply #90 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 12:29 PM »
Although Ron & Kelly know its happening, they can't help but be manipulated by Rob & Amber. You have to admit, they're running a good race. And can you believe the string of good luck the survivor alums have? spoiler  Its an extended leg so we have yet to see whether their decision not to use the yield will bite them in the ass end spoiler  >:D

What's up with Ron comparing everything he sees to his time in Iraq? Either he's shell-shocked or doesn't want people to forget that he was a prisoner of war.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 05:39 PM »
And can you believe the string of good luck the survivor alums have?

....yeah, it's suspicious. Like someone wants them to do well in this race. But, I still think they're good racers.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 10:52 PM »
rob and amber's faces at the end of this week's episode.... PRICELESS!! mwa ha ha ha!

sanamayequalizersanamayequalizersanamayequalizersanamayequalizersanamayequalizer

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #93 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 11:17 PM »
Even if there are equalizers, I think it's about time we lost Meredith and Gretchen already.

This "double leg" is actually a non-elimination leg without the pit stop/penalty... it's still the same number of episodes as last season, since the two-hour finale is already scheduled for May 10th in the States (11th locally). Sana may "live" AXN Broadcast ulit... less screen clutter than Studio 23's.

AUGH!!! (Totally unrelated to TAR, but I just needed to type it right now...)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 11:37 PM »
It seems Rob n Amber are going to run away with this one too!  :(

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 14, 2005 at 05:39 AM »
Even if there are equalizers, I think it's about time we lost Meredith and Gretchen already.

This "double leg" is actually a non-elimination leg without the pit stop/penalty... it's still the same number of episodes as last season, since the two-hour finale is already scheduled for May 10th in the States (11th locally). Sana may "live" AXN Broadcast ulit... less screen clutter than Studio 23's.

AUGH!!! (Totally unrelated to TAR, but I just needed to type it right now...)

actually... i was thinking the same thing. they are beginning to act like elderly tourists rather than people in a race for a million dollars. LOL.

may pa-otograp otograp pa... he he he.  ;)

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Apr 14, 2005 at 09:24 AM »
wow, they're good racer talaga.

rob and AMBER , almost... "you're the first team to arrive", sayang.  ;D

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #97 on: Apr 14, 2005 at 10:08 PM »

This "double leg" is actually a non-elimination leg without the pit stop/penalty...

Usually nga, they put in the non-elimination legs in relatively poorer countries where it would be harder to mooch money.

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Apr 15, 2005 at 01:38 AM »
even though i really don't like Rob, i don't know why i was hoping they be 1st to arrive....
really good racers...
i won't feel bad if they do win in the end cos they deserve it...
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2005 at 01:39 AM by dni »

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #99 on: Apr 15, 2005 at 05:25 PM »
even though i really don't like Rob, i don't know why i was hoping they be 1st to arrive....
really good racers...
i won't feel bad if they do win in the end cos they deserve it...

Rob's charisma, I suppose. I totally despised him in Survivor, then strangely, I'm rooting for them in TAR.

Hitler himself used charisma to the max.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Apr 16, 2005 at 10:48 AM »
LOL, Rob's even got many of us, that instigator! Been readin a lot of that "I hated Rob in Survivor but I love him in Amazing Race". ;D That guys is so bad, he's good!  Have you guys seen the insider videos? There was a tiff betwen Lynn and Amber. *meow*... ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2005 at 10:49 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Apr 16, 2005 at 01:36 PM »
yup i completely agree!!  he is so bad that he became so good!!   ;D :o

LOL, Rob's even got many of us, that instigator! Been readin a lot of that "I hated Rob in Survivor but I love him in Amazing Race". ;D That guys is so bad, he's good!  Have you guys seen the insider videos? There was a tiff betwen Lynn and Amber. *meow*... ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 12:40 PM »
For those who haven't had enough of Rob and Amber. Here's an article from CNN online

Rob-Amber wedding to be TV special
CBS devoting a two-hour show to 'Survivor' contestants

NEW YORK (AP) -- They fell in love on TV, and their nuptials will be shown on TV.

A two-hour prime-time special on the wedding of Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, who were cast members on CBS' "Survivor All-Stars," will air May 24 (9 p.m. ET), the network announced Tuesday.

"Rob and Amber Get Married" will document the planning, the bachelor and bachelorette parties, and the wedding ceremony, which was held Saturday in the Bahamas.

Mariano proposed to Brkich on the live finale of "Survivor All-Stars" in May 2004. Since she wore a shirt proclaiming, "I (heart) Rob," the answer wasn't in much doubt.

She beat Mariano by just one vote to win the reality show's $1 million prize, but told The Associated Press afterward: "We didn't even care who was going to win. We knew we both had each other for the rest of lives."

"Boston Rob" Mariano earlier appeared on "Survivor: Marquesas." Brkich was first a castaway on "Survivor: The Australian Outback." They are now contestants on the seventh season of CBS' "The Amazing Race."

spoiler

Not using the Yield turned out to be a good decision since the extended leg had what? 2 equalizers? Hats off to Joyce who didn't think twice about getting her head shaved for the Fast Forward. IMO she actually looks better. Unfortunately for them, there were no Toyota RAV 4s waiting for them at the end of the leg. The boyfriends are finally gone!! Meredith and Gretchen are definitely defying all expectatitons.   

end spoiler  >:D

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #103 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 12:50 PM »
For those who haven't had enough of Rob and Amber. Here's an article from CNN online

Rob-Amber wedding to be TV special
CBS devoting a two-hour show to 'Survivor' contestants

ugh... *vomits*

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 02:07 PM »
ugh... *vomits*

my sentiments exactly.  :-X

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 11:50 PM »
Kawawa naman yung dalawang Indians na pinagkamalang bading. Normal lang sa mga Indian males ang ganoong klaseng physical contact. Walang malisya iyon kahit na gawin nila sa harapan ng maraming tao. Pero hindi nila ginagawa ito sa opposite sex.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 12:44 AM »
Wow, that was a very annoying way to end your run in the race. An inept taxi (motorized pedicab?) driver? Sheesh. I really dislike the team that lost, but it's just not any fun when it comes down to something like that.

I can't believe that a team where someone was actually dumb enough to get on top of the elephant adding extra weight to it and didn't get off once realizing the stupidity of her actions didn't get eliminated.

Lynn or Alex looks like Charlotte's gay friend on Sex and the City, the one whose mortal enemy is Stanford. Or has that been mentioned already?  ;D

Four more teams and three more weeks... I wonder when the next non-elimination round will be?

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 01:59 AM »
I feel sorry for Joyce, she really sacrificed her head get shaved. :( wala tuloy magawa asawa niya kundi sabihin she's beautiful all the time for feeling guilty. ;D

as usual, mga matatanda seems to be fighting to this amazing race despite going thru all the commotion of a great race. perhaps, next wk will end their tour. ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 02:04 AM »
Wow, that was a very annoying way to end your run in the race. An inept taxi (motorized pedicab?) driver? Sheesh. I really dislike the team that lost, but it's just not any fun when it comes down to something like that.

I can't believe that a team where someone was actually dumb enough to get on top of the elephant adding extra weight to it and didn't get off once realizing the stupidity of her actions didn't get eliminated.

Lynn or Alex looks like Charlotte's gay friend on Sex and the City, the one whose mortal enemy is Stanford. Or has that been mentioned already?  ;D

Four more teams and three more weeks... I wonder when the next non-elimination round will be?

i know what you mean... what a shame that those 2 got eliminated through little fault on their own. i guess medyo minamalas nga sila... remember that time when their jeep broke THEN had a flat?! wow!  :-[ (on the other hand ... i actually liked this team. they are respectful of other teams, except maybe for one, and you can genuinely see that they are having some semblance of fun throughout the race. LOL.)

hmmmm... methinks amber gave rob a good slap in the hand during the pitstop. he wasn't quite as annoying this episode. i can almost hear amber now: "honeyyy! you are acting like such an a$$ on camera... again!" LOL. rob has really mellowed a little... but hey! did you guys catch that contemptuous look he gave ron & kelly when they finished the camel road block before they did! brrrrrr! gives me chills...  :-X

oh yeah... kelly screaming at the crowd to help meredith... that was really sweet. :P

highlight of this episode for me: I CAN'T FRICKIN' BELIEVE SUMAKAY SA ELEPANTE SI GRETCHEN!! MWA HA HA HA HA!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Apr 21, 2005 at 09:47 AM »
Joyce looks good  bald naman. And I was expecting a prize for being first place, and having had her hair shaved but there was none....:(

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Apr 22, 2005 at 03:11 PM »
YES!!! Lynn and Alex's gone.
All those who gang up rob and AMBER are eliminated.  ;D

Win or lose, I'm already happy for rob and AMBER.

I think Joyce deserves to win TAR7. ikaw ba naman ang magpakalbo.  ;)

Again, wala ata akong narinig sa first team to arrive na " and the good news is...."  Swerte talaga sina rob and AMBER. I  mostly hear those words everytime they came in first.  ;D

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Apr 24, 2005 at 03:33 PM »
IMO, Joyce looks better bald!!   ;D  never liked the long, messy, curly hair...

bilib din talaga ako kay Meredith and Gretchen.  defying all the odds and getting all the luck!!

finally they are out!!!!!!!!   >:D >:D >:D

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 12:05 AM »

bilib din talaga ako kay Meredith and Gretchen.  defying all the odds and getting all the luck!!

finally they are out!!!!!!!!   >:D >:D >:D

Did i missed an episode or something? ang alam ko they're still in the race ???

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Apr 26, 2005 at 12:37 AM »
sorry yung "finally they are out!!!!!!" ko na comment is for Lyn and Alex    >:D >:D >:D
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2005 at 12:38 AM by dni »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 10:00 PM »
At first, nagulat ako kung bakit si Gretchen pa ang pinaakyat ng hagdan. Pero nagawa din naman niya yung Roadblock kahit na nahirapan siya. Bilib talaga ako sa Team nina Meredith and Gretchen. Nakakainngit ang partnership nila.

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 10:37 PM »
Non-elimination round saves Ron n Kelly and a prize round too! :D I am just so proud of the oldies, Gretchen did a great job climbing~ these 2 just cracks me up. they are just having the time of their lives ;D ;D ;D
sana sa next round mawala na sila ROMBER!!!! >:(

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #116 on: Apr 27, 2005 at 10:45 PM »
i thought they were eliminated in the middle of the race as mentioned in the spoilers!
bad triiiiiiiip!!! looks like they'll be in the final 3!
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Apr 28, 2005 at 02:42 AM »
parang sayang yung Fast Forward ni Uchenna and Joyce sa last leg.  they got to the pit stop only 2 minutes ahead of the second team.  pero ang consuelo nagpakalbo si Joyce!!   ;D >:D

haha Rob's bluff backfired on him!!  HAHAHA   >:D >:D >:D

now i am rooting for Meredith and Gretchen   ;D ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Apr 28, 2005 at 11:22 AM »
haha Rob's bluff backfired on him!!  HAHAHA

Hilarious!  ;D

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Apr 28, 2005 at 12:36 PM »
I also want Meredith and Gretchen to win. Kaya nila ito basta huwag lang silang maging social workers sa mga susunod na legs.

Kung hindi sila, OK na rin yung sina Uchenna.