Author Topic: The Amazing Race 7  (Read 20158 times)

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Race 7
« Reply #120 on: Apr 28, 2005 at 03:20 PM »

haha Rob's bluff backfired on him!!  HAHAHA   >:D >:D >:D

He he he.
rob even commented  "they're (the first two team) stupid"  ;D

but still...

Go rob and AMBER !!!!  ;D

lucky they were not eliminated..

Offline ann07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2005 at 12:54 AM »
Finally, Gretchen n Meredith says goodbye to their wonderful journey of the world. i am so proud of them. :D
ROMBER are such cheaters!!! i swear sana ma eliminate na sila, i want uchenya n ? to win.

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2005 at 09:10 AM »
Nice finish  ;D
Another sweet words to my ears.

"you're the first team to arrive. and the good news is...  Home Theater from JVC"

I'm sure with bonus  DVDs  ;D ;D ;D

I'll join the "first team" to welcome them here in PinoyDVD.  ;D ;D ;D

Go rob and AMBER !
Win or lose Im happy na kasi I only hope that they'll be in the final race.  :)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2005 at 12:23 AM »
It is sad to see Meredith and Gretchen go but they have exceeded everyone's expectations already. It would have been nice to have them on the top 3 though.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Collector
  • baby bubuyog
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2005 at 02:27 PM »
It is sad to see Meredith and Gretchen go but they have exceeded everyone's expectations already. It would have been nice to have them on the top 3 though.

I think if Romber knew how far behind the other two teams were, they would have yielded Uchenna and Joyce (bringing the weaker team into the top 3). I'm sure despite their large lead, the final leg will certainly have an equalizer or two in there.  >:D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005 at 08:46 AM by Sir Psycho Sexy »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2005 at 10:04 PM »
Just a reminder: It's a TWO-HOUR season finale tomorrow, so set your VCRs/DVRs accordingly.  8)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2005 at 09:51 AM »
sino nanalo?!  ???  ;D ;D
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2005 at 10:51 AM »
Spoiler Alert:

U & J

They deserve to win! :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005 at 10:59 AM by Glenn Patrick »

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 251
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2005 at 11:00 AM »
Amazing win...already down but still won  ;D its a miracle
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005 at 11:25 AM by dexterc »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2005 at 11:16 AM »
What a finish hehe. I was at the edge of my seat watching the last few minutes of the race.

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2005 at 11:24 AM »
i saw them in the teaser, "i don't what we're gonna do" huhuhu ehehehe
it turns out! luck is on their side! bravoooooooooo

win or lose, rob and amber won most of the trips/prizes in their first places! dugas!

;D
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2005 at 11:33 AM »
Rob and Amber's wedding will be televised on CBS on the 24th. I don't know the fuss about it and why should it be televised pa...

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2005 at 01:52 PM »
baka may amazing race type leading to the wedding chapel kaya televised sya.....  ;D

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 251
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2005 at 02:07 PM »
Can an airplane pilot decide if a passenger waiting on standby can board a plane even the doors are already closed? I am thingking if di pinasakay si joyce at uechena,eh di na exciting ang ending kasi layo an ng difference nila kina rob and amber kung sa second flight pa sila makakasakay  >:D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
A satisfying ending to a season where I really didn't have a team I was rooting for. As much as I didn't want Rob and Amber to win, they really played the hardest and made the show more interesting this season. Uchenna and Joyce kind of proved that "nice" can win - to make up for the racist ("They like being poor! They keep breeding and breeding!") and the hothead ("Who dropped that gate on my face???") model team winning over Kris and Jon last season.

I just wonder how badly CBS manipulated the rules to get Rob and Amber into the final three. Remember last week, when Uchenna was helping Meredith and Gretchen with the boat, Gretchen told them it was illegal to help? How come on the other task of that very same detour, Rob and Amber got ALL the help they needed from the Englishman - as they did with local "guides" in almost every other leg of the race this year? It seems pretty mandatory and unfair.

Next up is... "Family Amazing Race" time.

Whoopee.   ::)

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2005 at 05:22 PM »
Amazing win...already down but still won ;D its a miracle

Hihihihihi...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2005 at 05:36 PM »
Rob and Amber's wedding will be televised on CBS on the 24th. I don't know the fuss about it and why should it be televised pa...

Just thinking: they would have to invite the guys from Survivor Australian Outback, Survivor Amazon (ito nga ba yung kay Rob?), Survivor All Stars, and TAR 7.

Offline Ikiru

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2005 at 05:38 PM »
i saw them in the teaser, "i don't what we're gonna do" huhuhu ehehehe

When the finale spent a considerable amount of time on Uchenna and Joyce at this point of the leg, I kinda figured they would end up winning: mala-against-all-odds-come-behind drama.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2005 at 05:44 PM »
When the finale spent a considerable amount of time on Uchenna and Joyce at this point of the leg, I kinda figured they would end up winning: mala-against-all-odds-come-behind drama.

Yeah. Just like Chip & Kim sa TAR 5. ;)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2005 at 06:45 PM »
I just wonder how badly CBS manipulated the rules to get Rob and Amber into the final three. Remember last week, when Uchenna was helping Meredith and Gretchen with the boat, Gretchen told them it was illegal to help? How come on the other task of that very same detour, Rob and Amber got ALL the help they needed from the Englishman - as they did with local "guides" in almost every other leg of the race this year? It seems pretty mandatory and unfair.

I was also curious as to why they said it was illegal. I was thinking perhaps no help on the physical stuff but everyone got help with the elephant detour in India. Or maybe it's no help from other teams but I know in a previous season, Chip helped Brandon with a task at the pyramids. So go figure.

And actually, I still don't know why Uchenna chose to help them there. He knew they were the last 2 teams. There's nice, I think, and there's just dumb racing. Lucky for him it didn't end up biting him in the butt.

On another note, I still don't like that there's no more task in the last city. They should have either the roadblock or the detour there. At least in the previous 2 seasons they had the maze and the pizza eating. There was totally nothing here.

All in all though, a fairly good season even though I was rooting for Rob and Amber.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005 at 06:48 PM by sardaukar »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2005 at 09:31 PM »

Mas manonood siguro ako kung divorce proceedings na nila, mas interesting yun. ;D Ahh, am so bad! Best wishes na nga lang to them. :)  Was rooting for RomBer too. (brilliant racers!!!!) But happy with the results na rin (if only for Joyce going bald --- she really deserved to win!)

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2005 at 10:31 PM »
I was cheering all the way for Uchenya n Joyce!!! what a spectacular win. ;) Talagang all the way  to the end obstabcles came their way, but all came thru for them. nainis talga ako sa driver, but u can't blame him too. salamat talga sa mga nagbigay ng pera sa kanila. what a finish!!! I was really happy to see them win. nainis talga ako kela ROMBER, buti nalgn di sila nanalo. ;)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2005 at 12:21 AM »
Exciting and editing dito sa last episode.

I think Uchenna and Joyce deserved to win because they played an honest game. They did not even take advantage of the cab driver. Nauna pa rin yung prinsipyo nila at sobrang kahanga-hanga.

Nakarma din sina Romber. Heheheh! Sinusunog na kaluluwa nila sa impyerno.

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2005 at 06:30 AM »
I think Uchenna and Joyce deserved to win because they played an honest game. They did not even take advantage of the cab driver. Nauna pa rin yung prinsipyo nila at sobrang kahanga-hanga.

I totally agree with you. They were even helping Meredith and Gretchen at one point. They really deserve it.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2005 at 08:48 AM »
nice people don't have to finish last ;)

Offline JanMike

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2005 at 09:28 AM »
I was glad Uchenna and Joyce won. The victory was so sweet considering what they went through to achieve it. No money to start the race...went to the airport to beg...they got a blessing to be inlcuded in the same flight with Romber...and up to the very end had to beg for money just to pay the cab driver. Gotta give it to them!!!

Rob said it's okay coz he had amber....Aba dapat lang! He's damn lucky to have Amber!!!  >:(

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2005 at 10:22 AM »
I just wonder how badly CBS manipulated the rules to get Rob and Amber into the final three.

This was what I thought too, but for me the entire race was manipulated to get Romber into the Top 3, just to sustain viewer interest for their upcoming wedding farce. It could also be a done deal, as in a "we're letting you join but you're not supposed to win" deal between the couple and CBS.

Whatever, I'm glad they didn't win, and Rob Mariano just made history by being the ultimate Reality Show loser, having lost 3 times now--Survivor: Marquesas, All-Stars, and now TAR. That speech he gave about having Amber was a crap-out, because he doesn't have the money, Amber does.

The finale was different in the sense that you could see everyone else so happy for Uchenna & Joyce, the clapping, crying, cheering, even whispered chantings of "please, please Uchenna & Joyce" while waiting for the first team to show up at the mat, compared to a lukewarm applause when Romber arrived.

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2005 at 12:08 PM »
Great ending.  I lost count on how many lead changes occured in that last episode.  The organizers really made sure of that by putting a lot of equalizers in the last episode
- limbo dance made sure that they are only within an hour of each other, at most
- numerous airplane ride
- the azucar thingy

Rob and Amber were a great team, no bickering within themselves,  I just felt they should have toned down their Survivor antics, although, I must admit, it added a lot of spice on the competition.  They also exposed a major flaw in the rules, contestants should not be allowed to have "guides",  they can ask for help from locals but not extended help as to act as the navigator for the team.

Ron and Kelly could have won it except for their relationship teleserye.  I think Ron is deliberately being such an obnoxious person to Kelly to sabotage their relationship, he clearly does not want to take the relationship to another level but does not know how to go about it.  Also, did you notice that Kelly never fails to say thank you even though they are really harrassed and struggling to keep up.  Move on, Kelly, you deserve better.  Please PM your contact number...  ;D

Uchena and Joyce really deserve this win.  The editing probably added to the cliffhanger atmosphere to the end but you ahve to give them all the credit.  Imagine starting the last leg with no money.  Begging all the way to the finish line.  Having to have her head shaved.  And with all the luck in the world - the only true golfer among the last six contestants; having the pilot open up the flight; crucial mistakes from the other teams at the critical junction of the game to overcome the flat tire.  Plus, their honesty and kindness is refreshing.

Also to be noted:

Meredith and Grethchen - great competitors even at their age.
Lynn & Partner - these two guys might have been a better competitor for the first two, they just wasn't able to recover from a mistake (driver should be lynched >:D)

Couldn't wait for the next one.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2005 at 03:29 PM »
Can an airplane pilot decide if a passenger waiting on standby can board a plane even the doors are already closed? I am thingking if di pinasakay si joyce at uechena,eh di na exciting ang ending kasi layo an ng difference nila kina rob and amber kung sa second flight pa sila makakasakay >:D

True! It would have been easier for Rob and Amber to win the race kung hindi pinasakay si Uchenna and Joyce...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2005 at 03:30 PM by Glenn Patrick »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2005 at 04:03 PM »
Ron and Kelly could have won it except for their relationship teleserye.  I think Ron is deliberately being such an obnoxious person to Kelly to sabotage their relationship, he clearly does not want to take the relationship to another level but does not know how to go about it.

Just to show how Reality TV really isn't "reality": Ron and Kelly actually had a very bad break up shortly after applying for TAR and weren't even on speaking terms. Then Ron got a call from the CBS casting director two months after the break up telling him they were chosen for the show. He asked if he could bring a military buddy instead, since he and Kelly were no longer together, but they said no way. So he apparently called her to make "an arrangement" of sorts...

Galing, 'no?