Author Topic: The Amazing Race 7  (Read 20152 times)

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Race 7
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2005 at 06:10 PM »
Can an airplane pilot decide if a passenger waiting on standby can board a plane even the doors are already closed? I am thingking if di pinasakay si joyce at uechena,eh di na exciting ang ending kasi layo an ng difference nila kina rob and amber kung sa second flight pa sila makakasakay  >:D

I agree. At that point I thought the spoiler is wrong. Rob and Amber will win this. They were really good to get in that plane.

Then why stop? hmmmm   >:D maybe they called the airline/pilot/etc to let U and J in.  >:D
Grabe , disappointing itong  scene na ito.

But anyway, since I know the spoiler long time ago so I was not really surprise and I think U and J deserves it.

But I wish Rob and Amber to finish first para yung mga kalaban nila waiting in the finish line lalong mainis.  >:D

Nice RACE. I like this season's race

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2005 at 06:25 AM »
Just to show how Reality TV really isn't "reality": Ron and Kelly actually had a very bad break up shortly after applying for TAR and weren't even on speaking terms. Then Ron got a call from the CBS casting director two months after the break up telling him they were chosen for the show. He asked if he could bring a military buddy instead, since he and Kelly were no longer together, but they said no way. So he apparently called her to make "an arrangement" of sorts...

Galing, 'no?

that explains a lot... also, it would seem it was ron who broke up with kelly. since she is obviously still smitten with the guy.  :P

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2005 at 08:33 AM »
Can an airplane pilot decide if a passenger waiting on standby can board a plane even the doors are already closed?

Yes. This happened to me once, on the last flight out of HK.  :)

And I didn't even have TV producers to help me... wondering if the winners got any help...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005 at 08:35 AM by slowhand »

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2005 at 11:53 AM »
Yes. This happened to me once, on the last flight out of HK.  :)

And I didn't even have TV producers to help me... wondering if the winners got any help...

Was this recently or long time ago already.
With the new policy of airlines/airport (after the 9/11), there must be a very good reason (or powerful producer  >:D) to grant someone like this favor  >:D

so i also wonder if the winners got any help.... (except from divine intervention)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2005 at 03:17 PM »
Was this recently or long time ago already.
With the new policy of airlines/airport (after the 9/11), there must be a very good reason (or powerful producer >:D) to grant someone like this favor >:D

American Airlines official reply found here: http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessageRange?topicID=5429.topic&start=1&stop=20

;D

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2005 at 10:15 PM »
American Airlines official reply found here: http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessageRange?topicID=5429.topic&start=1&stop=20

;D
Thanks

Found some interesting comments

"I sent an e-mail too. I am upset that AA would actually allow passengers that weren't on their passenger list to board.

The safety issue is a big concern as far as I am concerned. The plane was secured for taxi. The walkway had been pulled back, the plane according to Rob and Amber on Regis this morning had started to move and AA brought it back to the gate to allow passengers that weren't on their passenger list to board.

It's just not done. I have arrived many times while the plane was still at the gate but because the door was closed to the walkway onto the plane I had to take a later flight.

No way does this happen to every day people. They didn't have a boarding pass, they weren't on standby. It's all very fishy.

We aren't talking about some airline in India or some other country where they may brake the rules if they are pretty pleased into it.

This is a major US carrier that just doesn't break safety rules. I certainly wouldn't want to be a passenger on a plane where they open the doors after they are closed and ready for taxi for take off to allow people to board that aren't even on the passenger list. It's a matter of safety as far as I am concerned.

CBS had something to do with what happened. It was a fix!"

Didnt realized that there are a lot of people asking the same thing
 >:D >:D >:D

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2005 at 03:32 PM »
just had the opportunity to watch the finale today... indeed it was very exciting! I am very happy for Uchena & Joyce! They played nice all the way just like Chip & Kim from TAR5. Imagine, risking winning the million just to settle their cab fare! At one point Joyce told Uchena that they should just go in and pay later but Uchena replied "No, we got to cover this man." That is character!  ;D ;D ;D

I think people are putting too much into the AA flight. The pilot made a judgment call and allowed U & J to get on the plane... maybe his judgment was helped a bit by the fact that the 2 people who wanted to get on board were contestants of TAR... I'm pretty sure the boarding crew told him and I think it is impossible not be able to identify them as TAR contestants... TAR afterall is popular worldwide...  ;D

I hated Rob the whole race but I believe he really loves Amber... I don't remember a single time in the race that he got angry at her... In the finale after Amber jumped the bridge and had difficulty walking, Boston Rob immediately carried her piggy back! If that was Ron or some other guy like (Colin or whatshisname partner of Deanna and that rich a-hole from TAR6?) he would've just snapped at her! Amber is also really sweet when she still shook Uchena's hand on the plane while Rob sulked in his seat... Very nice tush too (when Rob was carrying her)  ;D ;D ;D

One question though and this may have been answered before... how does the camera crew get on board these flights?  ???

Fantastic race and deserving winners! I am not too excited about TAR8 though -- kids? Ughhh !!

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
I hated Rob the whole race but I believe he really loves Amber...

of course! she still has the million dollars ehehehe   ;)
what more can he ask for, pretty naman si amber eh  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005 at 03:02 PM by krets pulpol »
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2005 at 12:34 AM »
I think Uchenna and Joyce deserved to win because they played an honest game. They did not even take advantage of the cab driver. Nauna pa rin yung prinsipyo nila at sobrang kahanga-hanga.

Read somewhere that they were told that they couldn't go to the finish line without having paid the driver.

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2005 at 10:48 PM »
Got this from fridae.com

http://www.fridae.com/newsfeatures/article.php?articleid=1444&viewarticle=1

Gay Amazing Race couple to marry in Canada

Former Amazing Race contestants Lynne Warren, 30, and Alex Ali, 22, are getting married in Ottawa, Canada. 
The Amazing Race 7 boyfriends team of Alex Ali and Lynn Warren, who got eliminated in the show's broadcast of the conclusion of its Indian leg, will marry in Ottawa on June 1.

The pair said they are taking up the all-expenses-paid invitation from radio station Hot 89.9 to get married in gay-marriage-friendly Canada as they can't legally tie the knot in their home state of California. Their ceremony will be broadcast live on-air during Hot 89.9's Morning Hot Tub.

"Lynn and I have always, always thought about getting married. We've been together for five years and that's like 25 gay years," Ali, 22, told the Calgary Sun last week. "We were always planning on getting married, but in the States it's hard."

“Some people will be against it no matter where we get married, but the bottom line is we don’t care what other people think,” he says, adding his own father, who didn’t know he was gay before The Amazing Race aired, is having trouble accepting the union.

“We want to encourage other gay couples to take their futures into their own hands, but we are not getting married to be gay-right activists or for the press. We are getting married for the gifts and we are registered at Macy’s.”

Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan and actor Rosie O’Donnell are also expected to be on hand for the big day. A minister will marry the pair during an 8 am ceremony at the Ottawa Congress Centre, in front of about 20 family and friends.

Offline GL2814

• Collector
  • In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night...
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2005 at 06:58 AM »
Rob Mariano just made history by being the ultimate Reality Show loser, having lost 3 times now--Survivor: Marquesas, All-Stars, and now TAR.

Actually, it's his 4th loss. He also lost the All-Star Viewer's Choice (Rupert Boneham was the winner here).

It's Amber who has 3 losses.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2005 at 07:29 AM »
It's Amber who has 3 losses.

No, she actually won All-Stars.

But I guess you're right... her third and biggest loss was marrying Rob.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005 at 07:30 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2005 at 12:04 PM »
Caught Rob & Amber on Leno last night. Must say that, inspite of Rob being an ass, he does love Amber. You can see it in their eyes, they genuinely love each other. Amber talked the whole time and Rob let her be. Well, good for them. :)

Not sure if I heard it right because I was already sleepy watching Leno but CBS paid for everything in the wedding pala! They really do not need the million from TAR anymore.

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2005 at 10:20 PM »
Caught Rob & Amber on Leno last night. Must say that, inspite of Rob being an ass, he does love Amber. You can see it in their eyes, they genuinely love each other. Amber talked the whole time and Rob let her be. Well, good for them. :)

Not sure if I heard it right because I was already sleepy watching Leno but CBS paid for everything in the wedding pala! They really do not need the million from TAR anymore.

Yes good for them.
I salute Rob on how he treated Amber during TAR7, unlike many engaged  or dating couples of TAR.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 01:11 AM »
For those who missed this, it will be available on DVD (4 discs)  this December. With Rob and Amber audio commentaries.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BDGW94/ref=ase_pinoydvd-20
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2005 at 05:45 AM by DVDiva »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #165 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 12:21 PM »
^^ yuck.  *vomits*

Another reason to avoid buying this set. I didn't even watch a single episode of TAR7, and I'm not about to start now. Romber are not the end all and be all of the The Amazing Race, and I'm not going to waste one peso for them--I don't want anything of those two in my home.  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2005 at 12:23 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #166 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 09:02 PM »
I just finished watching the DVD set. Although Rob was an ass, editing did play a part in making him even worse:

1. The "keep the back door of the bus closed" scheme wasn't his, but he was just asked to talk to the driver on behalf of Ray since Rob knew how to speak Spanish.

2. All the time they made it appear that Rob & Amber didn't help Meredith & Gretchen when they came in last place during a non-elimination round and lost all their stuff, when in fact, Meredith was wearing Rob's clothes during that episode's interviews.

No explanation for when Rob and Amber didn't stop when they saw the brothers' overturned jeep, though. And Amber makes a disgusting comment about the incident showing that she and Rob truly are of one mind.

Rob says that in every edition of The Amazing Race, the final clue on the final leg is a riddle or has a twist.  I can't remember if this is true or not. For TAR7, Rob and Amber feel they lost since they failed to translate the name of the cigar shop given to them into Spanish - that was what he called the "twist."

Do you guys remember any other twists in the final clues in other seasons?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...