Author Topic: OLED TV  (Read 290830 times)

Offline rscb

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: OLED TV
« Reply #2100 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 06:20 PM »
Hi All, bought a Sony 55a8h OLED with dust specs, or very small black specs on top part. Anyone with this experience? Is this dust or actual dead pixel (appearance does not change in the dead pixel test, consisteny in all color cycle).

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #2101 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 08:37 PM »
Under "Display".

ok thanks John

Reviews online and feedback on this thread are pretty good, just note the absence of Dolby Vision and the local one-year warranty (compared to 2-year warranties for LG and Sony OLEDs in the PH).

that's the bad side 1 year warranty lang

Hi, just my opinion. Maybe the Nvidia Shield is the culprit? From what you posted, you have to unplug the Shield to normalize the function of the TV. And you don't experience the issue from using your bluray player. Maybe you can try streaming using the TV's apps to isolate the cause.

yes looking forward to do this on the coming weekend. btw I tried to swap another Nvidia Shield from our living room & still has the same problem, so trying my luck on HDR Off & trying the TV's own streaming apps.
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2102 on: Feb 19, 2024 at 09:27 PM »
Hi All, bought a Sony 55a8h OLED with dust specs, or very small black specs on top part. Anyone with this experience? Is this dust or actual dead pixel (appearance does not change in the dead pixel test, consisteny in all color cycle).
either way, exchange it

Offline bachwitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #2103 on: Feb 20, 2024 at 03:43 PM »

Try this test to be sure.

https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test/

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2104 on: Feb 25, 2024 at 08:58 PM »
update:

my TVs streaming apps works perfectly fine.

next step: try changing the HDMI cable of the shield.

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #2105 on: Mar 02, 2024 at 11:15 AM »
A lot of redditors are saying main board. I'm guessing the board that holds the hdmi chip. This makes sense because it might be causing an irregular power draw or shorting out that affects the main power rail. Good news is, most likely not panel.

The chip that does the upscaling since bluray with native reso works fine. So yeah... Maybe. Good luck.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2024 at 11:24 AM by CMac »

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2106 on: Mar 02, 2024 at 01:55 PM »
SAMSUNG S95C 77-inches now selling for P128,500 kay Mary Ann Dimalanta (0998-258-0160). The unit when placed on its stand is very light and feels flimsy, nagsi-shake siya. The Samsung people said a suitable screw needs to be screwed on the rear for a more secure fastening, ang pagkaintindi ko itong screw would be wound with a wire (alambre) at itatali naman ang wire sa hook na nasa dingding sa likod ng TV. If there's no hook, then you have to drill a hole to placed a run of the mill coated hook and secure it with putty. If done, this serves a two-fold benefit for us - ma-secure ang TV dahil hindi stable ang stand at para di matumba when there's an earthquake. Have you seen a gelatin shaking on a plate kapag kinalog, thats how this 77" vibrates when shaken to check on stability. 77" somehow still looks like a 65" when playing a blu ray with 2:35 ratio. I still pined for the picture beamed by a very aged Marantz DLP projector because that's for me "pure cinema" even though it can only put out 350-400 lumens, whereas this Samsung has LCD-torch-level brightness which is tamed to a 25' brightness and a 2.2 gamma measures. Convenience though wins the day between giant-screen projection and an OLED....

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2107 on: Mar 03, 2024 at 08:07 PM »
update:

my TVs streaming apps works perfectly fine.

next step: try changing the HDMI cable of the shield.

change HDMI I thought I was good already coz 10mins into streaming nothing happened, then all of a sudden it froze again. So I guess I'll just use this TV for disc watching until the day it gives up also.

Offline bachwitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #2108 on: Mar 10, 2024 at 08:43 AM »
Sound and Vision: Samsung is taking OLED TVs seriously but is it confusing customers?

After years of giving OLED TV screens a view of its backhand – at times the competition overstepped – it’s now embraced the technology; first through creating its own version in QD-OLED, and secondly in striking a deal with LG Display to purchase screens from its rival.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/sound-and-vision-samsung-is-taking-oled-tvs-seriously-but-is-it-confusing-customers-4425631
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2024 at 08:45 AM by bachwitz »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #2109 on: Mar 25, 2024 at 05:14 PM »
Open box LG C2 on sale at Abenson

Note: parating na C4 in a couple of months

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk