Author Topic: DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY  (Read 29631 times)

Offline dingsky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Maninisid
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2003 at 01:26 PM »
hello redkoji my brother bought definitive speakers and he has questions with the recommended hookup of main speakers. he has promonitor( forgot the exact model but it is a small one) and a pro bass. using L-R out of sherwood receiver the techinician put it in high level input of probass and output to the main speakers. is this really the recomended hookup? kasi he tried to hook the subw out of sherwood and L-R for main spkrs walang lumalabas na tunog from subwoofer.
basically dapat meron 'di ba?

Offline Windrider

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2003 at 09:40 AM »
Sir Redkoji, how much do you think will be the selling price of procinema 6, the whole set? just curious with the price.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 29, 2003 at 12:37 PM »
Target price....P35,000 the complete set with FREEBIES....just wait for the complete annoucement

Time table of launching FEBRUARY

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2003 at 12:22 AM »
I sent you a PM regarding definitive subwoofers. Thanks

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2004 at 06:25 PM »
Can u leave me ur number and address, try natin papuntahin yun pinakamalapit na technical support

hello redkoji my brother bought definitive speakers and he has questions with the recommended hookup of main speakers. he has promonitor( forgot the exact model but it is a small one) and a pro bass. using L-R out of sherwood receiver the techinician put it in high level input of probass and output to the main speakers. is this really the recomended hookup? kasi he tried to hook the subw out of sherwood and L-R for main spkrs walang lumalabas na tunog from subwoofer.
basically dapat meron 'di ba?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 06:31 PM »
Hey check this out...latest offering of Definitive Tech MYTHOS

http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/mythos/mythos.html

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 07:23 AM »
hey redkoji,

i'm in the market for a sub right now. i've heard the 200tl and it's nice enough, just wondering what my other alternatives are? do pm or post here to let me know what's available locally. thanks!

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 10:46 AM »
Currently, we have PS200TL available and its regular retail price is P28,000.

We might add this in our Inventory Sale this coming month...we will be also selling off the Powerfield 15TL.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 11:44 PM »
Im helping a friend buy a subwoofer. What models do you have on a price range of 15-20T? Where can we audition it? Thanks

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY
« Reply #42 on: Apr 22, 2004 at 06:37 PM »
AVAILABLE NA YUN PROCINEMA 60...THE LATEST SPEAKERS FROM DEFINITIVE...TRY TO AUDITION IT...AVAILABLE SA AVSURFER GALLERIA, ALABANG TOWN CENTER AND ROCKWELL

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 23, 2004 at 01:32 PM »
Good day fellow members...

Here is the review of the ProCinema 60...

http://www.definitivetech.com/reviews/PrCn60DVD/

Offline Windrider

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 25, 2004 at 09:35 AM »
Well, Sir Redkoji, I auditioned the Def Tech Pro cinema 60 kagabi sa atc. And it sounds good, you'd never noticed that the sounds are coming from the small speakers. And with the price tag that comes with it, thats already a steal. Kung alam ko lang na may darating noon, nag intay na lang sana ako!!!! hehehehehehhehe!!!

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2004 at 05:04 PM »
Sayang...pero ok lang rin at least we satisfied your taste...baka yun mga freinds mo gusto bumili ng H.T.i.B eto na lang kunin nila

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2004 at 07:52 PM »
Within Next week...the new batches of ProCinema series of defintive will be available in Sight & Sounds Park Square and Shangrila....this includes the new Procinema 60......

Moreover, it is also available in the following AVSurfer branches such as Rockwell, MetroEast, Alabang Town Center...and at Galerria "Call Audio Video store"

Soon more dealers shall be announce for this line to make it easier for you to audition such tiny but yet high performance speakers..

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2004 at 01:36 PM »
Are there members here who are using ProCinema series of Definitive Technology?

If there are, please let me know your comment of it....Especially on the Promonitor 80 and 100...as against other brands that you have heard.

Thanks

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2004 at 05:41 PM »

Offline sano

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 17, 2004 at 08:32 AM »
I have a 5.1 setup with a pair of BP10, CLR1000, 2 PF15, and BP2 for the rear/sides. Planning to upgrade to 6.1 when i get an AVR upgrade (currently an onkyo 838 would probably get a NAD T753 or T763 or Denon 3805). What would you recommend for the rear speaker?

Offline manilabynight

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
Re:looking for the most reviewed speaker...
« Reply #50 on: Jul 18, 2004 at 04:04 PM »
I have nothing against Bose and I think they are good speakers but I believe that Bose speakers have been over-advertised ..... all this hype about Bose being the BEST. In reality it just happens that Bose is just very successful in their advertising. But among the more seasoned audiophiles even those based abroad .... there are BETTER quality speakers than Bose.

Perhaps the only speakers you've experienced are the ones being sold in the malls that is why you say what you say .... most malls just carry the commercial brands like JBL, Kenwood, Sony, etc.  Most of the "audiophile quality" speakers - you won't find in the malls but in their own specialized showrooms. Have you ever heard Definity, Klipsch, Rels? And have you experienced amps like NAD?

Hello, medyo OT ito, but why is it BOSE are usually out sa pinoy dvd? We own 2 sets of BOSE201 rated at 150 watts, I say it still sounds better than some.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 30, 2004 at 05:32 PM »
NOW AVAILABLE IN STUDIO SYSTEMS DEALERS ( AVSurfer, Sights & Sounds and Spectra )...The Definitive ProCinema 60......availl a great set of speakers at a price of a Home theater in the Box system....

Definitinely a High Performance Speakers in small pack.....

Offline bruquee

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 30, 2004 at 08:27 PM »
are the powermonitor series of speakers sold in the phils?  i've auditioned them abroad and wanted to get a pair for a small setup.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2004 at 08:29 PM by bruquee »

Offline Papaber

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #53 on: Jul 31, 2004 at 11:23 AM »
I bought my ProCinema 80 a few years back and have been very happy with the set's performance. I am specially impressed with the center speaker which clearly reproduces sound. This is very important for me since I use it maily for watching movies.

I have to say though that I am not particularly happy with the build quality of the Pro Sub 80. It sounds good, big for its size but I had it repaired once before and just the other day the fuse blew again (the same problem as before). Audio Den's suggestion is to replace the entire amplifier section of the sub intead of repairing it to avoid recurrence. Apparently there was a design flaw on the amp.

I wrote to Definitive Technology yesterday and I will be sharing with you their response as soon as I receive it. 

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 02, 2004 at 05:30 PM »
In regards to Definitve ProSubs, it is not actually a design flaw but it is much more of application based design overlook. In the US and other western countries, they don't turn-off the unit already even if, it would be days before they used the sub again. Thus, the busting of fuse is lesser compared to asia. Moreover, in Asia, especially in the Philippines, the powerfluctation is quite extreme. As per our test, even such big malls, the power fluctuation registered from 150V - 320V. The situation got worse because most of the Asian user have not reported it to Definitive regarding their changing of fuse...previously the standard fuse by Definitive is 1.25A slow blow fused. The distributor usually recommend to replaced it with 5A to the end-user. This result to such action is the burning of the built-in Amp. Currently the fuse standard equipped ProSub is 1.65A slow blow type.

In the Philippine market, there is no avaiable slow blow fuse, we normally ask Definitive for this.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 02, 2004 at 05:32 PM »
are the powermonitor series of speakers sold in the phils?  i've auditioned them abroad and wanted to get a pair for a small setup.

Currently the Studio Monitor 350 is available for Philippine market. In case your interested for the Power Monitor, please call us so that we could arranged your order

Offline jaydiver

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 06, 2004 at 09:28 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm deciding what to get,

A. procinema 60

B. procinema 80 with procenter100

My room size is 20m2. Will there be a difference in sound quality or it is just the power? Also will the pro80 match with a procenter100?

Thanks in advance

Offline jaydiver

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 06, 2004 at 09:29 AM »
Hi Guys,

A. procinema 60

My room size is 20m2. Will there be a difference in sound quality or it is just the power? Also will the pro80 match with a procenter100?

Thanks in advance

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 06, 2004 at 10:15 AM »
Available pa ba "Power Cube" Subs?
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 16, 2004 at 07:39 PM »
With a room of that size...the procinema 60 will do...the sound quality is not affected that much because the room is very just approriate for the two models. The thing that will make differs here is the type of amp you will buy...to get the maximum performance of the said models.

Hi Guys,

A. procinema 60

Thanks in advance