Author Topic: DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY  (Read 29722 times)

Offline redkoji

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY
« Reply #60 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 02:54 PM »
Avail Definitive newest line the ProCinema 60.....at Citibank 0% for 12 months....available at AV Surfer branches : Alabang Town Center, Powerplant Mall - Rockwel and Robinsons - Metro East. Please check the same offer at Call A/V store at Robison's Galleria

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Sep 07, 2004 at 06:44 PM »
Have anyone listen to the newest line of Definitive Studio Monitor series?

It is a definitiely another great speakers....from definitive technology

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Sep 23, 2004 at 02:15 PM »
NOW ON SALE!!!!

Definitive Technology ProSub 80 ( White only ) regular price is P15,750.00 now price at P9,800.00

For details contact us at 893-8011

Offline Kamote-Tops

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Life is short! Enjoy every second!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 08:42 PM »
Any reviews on the ProSub 100TL?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Oct 19, 2004 at 07:07 PM »
I guess most buyers of Definitive or even Klipsch are not PinoyDVD members since we sold already a lot of this thru referrals......

By the way thanks for making us one of the top distributors in ASIA by the 3 brands we are carrying...NAD, Klipsch and Definitive.

Offline Papaber

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #65 on: Oct 30, 2004 at 11:08 AM »
I bought my ProCinema 80 a few years back and have been very happy with the set's performance. I am specially impressed with the center speaker which clearly reproduces sound. This is very important for me since I use it maily for watching movies.

I have to say though that I am not particularly happy with the build quality of the Pro Sub 80. It sounds good, big for its size but I had it repaired once before and just the other day the fuse blew again (the same problem as before). Audio Den's suggestion is to replace the entire amplifier section of the sub intead of repairing it to avoid recurrence. Apparently there was a design flaw on the amp.

I wrote to Definitive Technology yesterday and I will be sharing with you their response as soon as I receive it. 
;) ;) ;)
Definitive Technology replied to my email and told me to bring my unit to their new distributor (Avid) where it should be reparaired free of charge. So I did and it was repaired with minimal cost (cost of freight charges for the parts) to me. I have been using for months now without any problem.

One thing I suggestto owners of DefTech sub, intall a plastic mesh to cover the port at the back. This will prevent insects and rodents getting inside and messing with the electronics.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
On January 10-31 we are going to held iInventory Sale of Deffinitive Technology Speakers.....

Though some of it are demo units...you can still buy sealed units from this sale.  Particular shall be announced by Monday.....

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 02:36 PM »
On January 10-31 we are going to held iInventory Sale of Deffinitive Technology Speakers.....

Though some of it are demo units...you can still buy sealed units from this sale.  Particular shall be announced by Monday.....

Will you be posting the details? If not, please kindly pm me a list of those that will be covered in this inventory sale. Or, please email to [email protected]

-jackryan 8)

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 17, 2005 at 11:23 AM »
Redkoji,

Please kindly check my pm.

Thanks,
-jackryan 8)

Offline Papaber

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 02:03 PM »
please also email to me details of the sale. [email protected]

Offline Papaber

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 02:04 PM »
please email me also details of the sale specially price of def techs. tnx

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 01:40 PM »
;) ;) ;)
Definitive Technology replied to my email and told me to bring my unit to their new distributor (Avid) where it should be reparaired free of charge. So I did and it was repaired with minimal cost (cost of freight charges for the parts) to me. I have been using for months now without any problem.

One thing I suggestto owners of DefTech sub, intall a plastic mesh to cover the port at the back. This will prevent insects and rodents getting inside and messing with the electronics.

Hi Papaber,

Has thre been changes since last time you have this repaired? What exactly is the design flaw on the DefTech sub's amplifier section.

If not for that particular issue, how's the over-all performance of this particular branded sub and model?

-jackryan 8)

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 01:54 PM »
Sorry there was changes on the sale of Definitive.

The sale will be conducted at AVSurfer-Rockwell for easier access to most buyers.
Inventory Sale shall be made on January 27 to February 02, 2005

AS to what items included in the Sale, please check the folder "General" subtopic : Studio Systems

Offline Papaber

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 02:15 PM »
Hi Jackryan!

The sub has been performing well since I last have it repaired. It is working like a new sub. I would actually recommend the sub especially if your listening space is not too big.

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 11:24 PM »
Hi Jackryan!

The sub has been performing well since I last have it repaired. It is working like a new sub. I would actually recommend the sub especially if your listening space is not too big.

I am seriously looking into getting one but was worried that I'll hit the same short fuse and amp design problem you encountered... did they change the whole amp unit ???

Offline inquisitor

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 08:53 AM »
Sorry there was changes on the sale of Definitive.

The sale will be conducted at AVSurfer-Rockwell for easier access to most buyers.
Inventory Sale shall be made on January 27 to February 02, 2005

AS to what items included in the Sale, please check the folder "General" subtopic : Studio Systems

Can't find the Studio Systems... anyway can you post the items on sale? I'm really interested on coming to the sale and hopefully buy a speaker. Thanks  :)

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 01:44 PM »
I am seriously looking into getting one but was worried that I'll hit the same short fuse and amp design problem you encountered... did they change the whole amp unit ???

Like papaber my Pro Sub 80 also suffered from the fuse problem.
According to Definitive's local distro then, circa 2002 Audio Den, they had a new amp section delivered from the manufacturer and replaced mine with it.  This was because part of the amp got fried.  It worked for some time.

2003, the fuse blew again and the sub refused to work despite a new fuse.
I had it brought to Studio Systems in J.Bocobo Manila and had them work on it.
They returned it saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
I asked them to use it for two weeks or so to burn it in.  Now it's still working.
I don't know what's wrong with these units but they don't seem to like our local power supply ~ even through a 2500W AVR.  Maybe I need a Line conditioner?

I'm looking to acquire either ProCinema 200 or Studio Monitor 350 at the sale if they are included.

Offline Papaber

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 03:14 PM »
They did not charge me for the amp. They charged me only for the freight and labor.

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jan 25, 2005 at 06:08 PM »
Like papaber my Pro Sub 80 also suffered from the fuse problem.
According to Definitive's local distro then, circa 2002 Audio Den, they had a new amp section delivered from the manufacturer and replaced mine with it.  This was because part of the amp got fried.  It worked for some time.

2003, the fuse blew again and the sub refused to work despite a new fuse.
I had it brought to Studio Systems in J.Bocobo Manila and had them work on it.
They returned it saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
I asked them to use it for two weeks or so to burn it in.  Now it's still working.
I don't know what's wrong with these units but they don't seem to like our local power supply ~ even through a 2500W AVR.  Maybe I need a Line conditioner?

I'm looking to acquire either ProCinema 200 or Studio Monitor 350 at the sale if they are included.

I finally got the Prosub80 this lunchtime. The guys at Avid has been very helpful.

I also noticed the load thumping sound if the unit is turned on or turned off with an audio line sign still active. I guess, I have to rig a DIY device that would allow me to cut-off audio line source independent of power. Not sure if keeping the unit turned on the whole time is really failsafe considering the dirty power line situation we have here.

Any ideas how much power this unit consumes if left connected to the Meralco line ?

Offline inquisitor

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY SALE
« Reply #79 on: Jan 27, 2005 at 06:52 AM »
Any news on the Jan 27 - Feb 5 Sale  ???

Offline ca89056

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Your thoughts on Definitive Tech speakers
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2005 at 04:43 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie so please bear with me if I use unusual terms to describe things and if the answers to my questions seem obvious. Before I ask away, here's a short backgrounder...

Came across a shop last night that had a sale on Definitive Tech speakers. Listened to a few pairs and one sood out for me - the ProTower 400. I really liked the way they sounded so I did some research on the net and saw some good reviews.

On to the questions:

1. Has anyone had experiences with these speakers? Are they as good as my ears tell me they are? I really liked what I heard last night but being a novice makes me doubtful of myself.

2. Can anyone recommend an amp to go with these? I was thinking of pairing it with a NAD amp that was driving the ProTowers when I listened to them last night.

I'm starting from scratch so any advice would be well appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Your thoughts on Definitive Tech speakers
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2005 at 04:44 PM »
Which shop ? and how much ? This will help others understand if they can recommend you a better or equivalent configurations.

-jackryan 8)

Offline ca89056

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Feb 10, 2005 at 05:05 PM »
They're on sale for Php 30,000 / pair at Avid. I'm looking for something that will handle mostly audio CDs with a few DVDs  thrown in once in a while. Not looking for a multi-channel HT setup at the moment.

The amp I'm thinking of using it with is a NAD C350 which costs around Php 21,000 at the same shop. I don't really have a fixed budget but I'd like to keep it in the 50 - 75k range if possible.  :-\

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #83 on: Feb 10, 2005 at 06:51 PM »
They're on sale for Php 30,000 / pair at Avid. I'm looking for something that will handle mostly audio CDs with a few DVDs  thrown in once in a while. Not looking for a multi-channel HT setup at the moment.

The amp I'm thinking of using it with is a NAD C350 which costs around Php 21,000 at the same shop. I don't really have a fixed budget but I'd like to keep it in the 50 - 75k range if possible.  :-\

ca89056,

i don't know much about def tech speakers except that i've seen specs such as 20 Hz — 30 kHz freq response for some towers!!! i don't know if this true.

you've got quite a budget there :) you can check out other threads here. im sure you can do better.

happy hunting :)

Offline t_s_o_n_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Feb 10, 2005 at 08:25 PM »
Hi ca89056,

Definitive Tech are good speakers but given for a budget you have it would be best to consider other brand of speakers like Acoustic Energy (AE), Usher, Monitor Audio... etc. Since you're more into audio than HT, best to consider are the AE's and USHER pair with HK receivers.  Try call architectural audio (816-6723) or visit them at greenbelt 1. They carry all these brands and could help you better what best for your ears.... Enjoy! ;D

Offline ca89056

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Feb 11, 2005 at 09:27 AM »
Thanks for the inputs to guys. I was planning to get the speakers today but I guess I'll drop by Architectural Audio instead.  :)

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Feb 11, 2005 at 09:30 AM »
Thanks for the inputs to guys. I was planning to get the speakers today but I guess I'll drop by Architectural Audio instead.  :)

wise move :) do tell us about your future babies :)

Offline t_s_o_n_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Feb 11, 2005 at 10:21 AM »

Try to listen the X719 usher speaker at AA.... price of this gear still with in your budget...  ;D

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Feb 11, 2005 at 10:30 AM »
Try to listen the X719 usher speaker at AA.... price of this gear still with in your budget...  ;D

t_s_o_n_g,

sana ako na lang ang may 50-75k budget at humihingi ng tulong :(

Offline t_s_o_n_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Feb 11, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
t_s_o_n_g,

sana ako na lang ang may 50-75k budget at humihingi ng tulong :(

sana ako rin... ;D i really like how this x719 sounds in audio. That's why I'm dreaming on this speaker for my future audio set-up...  ;D ;D ;D