Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 325966 times)

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #210 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 11:17 AM »
av_phile,

Sir integrated ata pero pwede din yun 5.1 amp kung meron..
Bro,
I suggest you really take the time to shop around for it, andami kasing models e, I've seen this 5 ch amp in gold from sakura, it was a pull-out type amp, it didn't have a decoder/processor though, but if you're dvd player has DD/DTS decoders and a Dolby ProLogic processor(for 2 ch sources), you wouldn't need it, parang branded, and ang lakas. Marami silang maganda, at marami ding panget. So start hunting. Any Sakura amp above the 3K/3.5K mark seem to be great. TC.
Making the most of what I've got

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 11:57 AM »
@kimp0y,

saan and how much mo nabili yung audiopro cables mo?

@torque

ok ba talaga DTX center speakers? planning to get one ngayong weekend e. :)

OT na nga tayo mga tsong dapat sa dai-ichi thread na to. hehe

Dirk,
ok ang dtx center, sabi nga ni kimp0y and Yakuini kailangan lang break-in. audition mo rin para makilatis mo.  

to sakura 5.1 amp owners, ginagamit nyo ba ang S. Bass...
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2004 at 11:58 AM by torque »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 12:27 PM »
Dirk,
ok ang dtx center, sabi nga ni kimp0y and Yakuini kailangan lang break-in. audition mo rin para makilatis mo.  

to sakura 5.1 amp owners, ginagamit nyo ba ang S. Bass...

I'm another Daiichi product die hard, kc they make great products for mere HT mortals like me.
Yup, I've tried using the bass out of my Sakura, ok naman e, why natanong mo bro?

Offline Yakuini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 12:35 PM »
OT: Open ba mga stores sa Raon every Sunday? Plano ko kasing bumili ng isa pang Sakura for my father e.

Nainggit father ko sa setup ko kaya nagpapabili din. Rongxin lang sana initial plan namin sa kanya pero nung makita nya setup ko, gusto na rin nya ng Sakura+DTX combo :)

Ano magandang modelo ngayon ng Sakura na nasa 3.5K range?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 12:55 PM »
OT: Open ba mga stores sa Raon every Sunday? Plano ko kasing bumili ng isa pang Sakura for my father e.

Nainggit father ko sa setup ko kaya nagpapabili din. Rongxin lang sana initial plan namin sa kanya pero nung makita nya setup ko, gusto na rin nya ng Sakura+DTX combo :)

Ano magandang modelo ngayon ng Sakura na nasa 3.5K range?

most stores are open on Sundays, but marami ding stores na closed, esp. the good ones, like The Daiichi Showroom for one, Moses Aaron for another (the cheapest dealer of Daiichi products that I know of), and iba pa, so sayang din di ba? As for the Sakura amp, try mo yung suggestion ni juneaki na AV377 or AV387, kasi I'd recommend the AV1600 but discontinued na rin ata. Or, you could buy one of Sakura's 5 ch higher end models, so that better ang amplification, just make sure the DVD player you buy has DD/DTS decoding and Dolby ProLogic processing (for 2ch sources). Happy Hunting!

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 05:33 PM »
I'm another Daiichi product die hard, kc they make great products for mere HT mortals like me.
Yup, I've tried using the bass out of my Sakura, ok naman e, why natanong mo bro?

arthurallanj,
bro i just notice that the S.Bass feature (remote button) of Sakura is like the function of Large/Small speaker setting found on the branded receiver. if you turn-on the S.Bass all low signal  is redirected to the front speakers (i think). i don't have a sub woofer so if I want to shake the house I turn-on the S.Bass

saan nga pala yung shop ni Moses Aaron...

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 09:19 AM »
arthurallanj,
bro i just notice that the S.Bass feature (remote button) of Sakura is like the function of Large/Small speaker setting found on the branded receiver. if you turn-on the S.Bass all low signal  is redirected to the front speakers (i think). i don't have a sub woofer so if I want to shake the house I turn-on the S.Bass

Bro torque,
Anong model yang sakura mo? Kasi I thought you meant line level Bass Out sa likod ng unit. That is what you should use for your subwoofer if you have one. I didn't think you meant it as a function of your amp. My amp doesn't have this function, it only has the LOUD function that increases both bass and treble. Actually, I think your amp doesn't really redirect the bass signal, like usual Super Bass functions, it probably just increases the bass significantly, but also probably more so to your main(front) speakers because of their capacity to handle it. And to my knowledge, the main speaker channels of sakuras usually have higher power than the other channels. And the setting Large/Small for branded amps usually just limit the lower frequency cut off so that your speakers can handle the signal. Its entirely different from another function that some branded amps like my Yamaha DSP-AX430 has, it allows you to send all bass signals to either just the main channels, just the sub, or both. This is the only function that really redirects the bass signal, not the S. Bass. But I couldn't seem to understand what your problem is with it. Although, if you're contemplating on buying a powered sub, I'm all for it, kasi, as the name implies, the sub can reproduce signals lower than usual woofers that fronts usually have, so the advantages would be, you'd have better bass, the amp wouldn't be that stressed therefore increasing its life, and your main speakers wouldn't be that overworked, too. TC.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2004 at 09:51 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 09:45 AM »
bro torque,
ang MosesAaron nga pala is the name of the store, it's exactly along raon st., maliit lang yun, malapit na sya sa may papuntang LRT. Bukas bigay ko sa yo exact address at phone, kasi may resibo pa ako nun e, nasa bahay nga lang. Look for Mike, mabait at honest yun, he's also an audio enthusiast. Tell him na rin lang that Arthur of bacolod reffered you to him so you could get the additional 5% discount, he he. Ingat pare.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2004 at 09:54 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 01:09 PM »
My amp doesn't have this function, it only has the LOUD function that increases both bass and treble.

@arthurallanj,
bro anong model ng sakura mo? ganun din akin loud function lang mine is AR-327

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 01:18 PM »
@arthurallanj,
bro anong model ng sakura mo? ganun din akin loud function lang mine is AR-327
AV-1600. ang ganda nga ng performance and looks e, I replaced the sakura logo with a Panasonic logo, and nobody would guess it's made in china unless I tell them, kaya lang, I recently found out that the surround channels are driven only by a mono amp. Pero I still love it. Okay din naman sya kasi Dolby ProLogic sya talaga na legit at may 5.1 dvd input din.:)
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2004 at 01:19 PM by arthurallanj »

Offline bal_listic

• Apprentice
  • Need to know everything and anything about DVD's!
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 05:21 PM »
Hi! Anybody know the specs of Sakura ampli SAV-997R? Im planning to sell it kc but no mnual so hard to place ad.

Thanks!

Pls. contact me at 0919-5927124 (pls include return landline number when texting), I'm seriously interested in your unit.  Thank you.

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Feb 22, 2004 at 01:02 PM »
Sa mga Sakura owners dyan,

Meron bang indicator yung Center, LS/RS volume controls nyo para malaman kung gaano na kalakas or kahina yung volume? Yung sa akin kasi wala eh.

Push button sila (-/+) and wala syang indicator sa screen kung ano current volume settings nila kaya ang hirap mag adjust sa volume nila :( Big inconvenience IMO.

Also, I now feel the lack of power ng Sakura sa center channel, nahihirapan syang i-drive and DTX Center. Pag nilalakasan ko sya me naririnig akong konting garalgal. 35Watts lang power ng Center and Rear ng Sakura ko e.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Feb 22, 2004 at 01:49 PM »
Sa mga Sakura owners dyan,

Meron bang indicator yung Center, LS/RS volume controls nyo para malaman kung gaano na kalakas or kahina yung volume? Yung sa akin kasi wala eh.

Push button sila (-/+) and wala syang indicator sa screen kung ano current volume settings nila kaya ang hirap mag adjust sa volume nila :( Big inconvenience IMO.

Also, I now feel the lack of power ng Sakura sa center channel, nahihirapan syang i-drive and DTX Center. Pag nilalakasan ko sya me naririnig akong konting garalgal. 35Watts lang power ng Center and Rear ng Sakura ko e.

Bro,
anong model yang sa yo?
sa akin may volume level indicator ang center and surround, maliit din lang ang power e, pero okay na din lang sya kasi naki-clip nya nga noong ginamit sa party e, namamatay tuloy ang amp. At medyo malaki nga ang center mo para sa ganyang power lang. What I use as acenter for my sakura av1600 (45W for center channel) is a US Audio 10CC (35W) kaya kayangkaya nya. :)

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Feb 22, 2004 at 02:02 PM »
Bro,
anong model yang sa yo?
sa akin may volume level indicator ang center and surround, maliit din lang ang power e, pero okay na din lang sya kasi naki-clip nya nga noong ginamit sa party e, namamatay tuloy ang amp. At medyo malaki nga ang center mo para sa ganyang power lang. What I use as acenter for my sakura av1600 (45W for center channel) is a US Audio 10CC (35W) kaya kayangkaya nya. :)

Nakalimutan ko yung model number eh pero luma na ito...Baka isa ito sa mga naunang 5 channel amp ng Sakura..Ala syang tuner. 300x2 and 35x3 yung power rating nya sa manual....tagal na nito e.

Anyway, planning to upgrade to Yammy 440 naman soon e :)

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Feb 22, 2004 at 03:55 PM »
@yakuini,
  wala bang nakasulat sa faceplate ng sakura mo yung model? mine isa AV-327 FL/FR push button then center and surround de ikot sya. Nasa 7 or 8 o' clock lang parati ang center and surround ko dahil malakas na sobra kulang nga lang sa bass ang center and surround.

guys,
sa inyo ba may control ng bass and center and surround nyo? parang kulang sa bilog kasi ang mga effects eh hehehe

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #225 on: Feb 23, 2004 at 10:06 AM »
Yung AV 377/387, may separate control sa left surround, right surround at center na nsa remote, but you can see sa display na nasa faceplate na talaga independently ay naa-adjust ang volume. Ang AV 377 ay 250 X 2 fronts at 50 X 3 center and surrounds.

Offline Maki

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • assumption is the mother of all f***-ups
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Feb 26, 2004 at 05:51 PM »
veverify ko lang kung kasama sa "master" volume control yung volumem ng subout nito pag gagamitan ko ng active sub.. thanks...

kasi im contemplating between konzert av500r and the sakura 377 or 387..

i've heard that the konzert doesnt have seperate volume controls for the surround and center, but if it has the sub volume control, then i'll perfer this (konzert) over the sakura, but if the sakura has the control, then i'll prolly get this instead... ano nga din pala mas malakas ang ratings? (specifically the mains) im gonna use it to drive towers that has a passive sub na 10" built in each, so the higher the power the better..thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Feb 28, 2004 at 10:12 AM »
Mga bro,
my av1600 has controls for bass, treble, center, and surround volume, and of course main, but none for the sub out, but I don't think that's neccessary if you're gonna use an active sub. Line level outs usually don't have volume controls naman e.
Pareng Maki,
I haven't auditioned out Konzert amps, and they seem decent, but does your DVD player have a built in Dolby prologic processor? Kasi if it doesn't, you might want the Sakura na lang 'coz I havent seen any Konzert amps na may prologic, and we all know you need it for 2ch sources.

Offline Maki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Feb 28, 2004 at 10:50 AM »
yes, my player has decoder for dts and dd, and analog outs na 5.1, isn;t it a hassle na nde kasama sa main volume control yung level ng sub? kasi shempre if i increase the volume and the sub doesnt increase with the master volume, i have to adjust and fine tune the sub wrt to the "master volume" of the avr, or i might be wrong though..=)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Feb 28, 2004 at 10:55 AM »
arthurallanj,

Bro,
sorry medyo natagalan ang exact address ha? I had a problem with logging on kasi e. Moses Aaron is located at 623 G. Puyat st., Quiapo. Tel. no. 735-4390. TC.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Feb 28, 2004 at 11:08 AM »
yes, my player has decoder for dts and dd, and analog outs na 5.1, isn;t it a hassle na nde kasama sa main volume control yung level ng sub? kasi shempre if i increase the volume and the sub doesnt increase with the master volume, i have to adjust and fine tune the sub wrt to the "master volume" of the avr, or i might be wrong though..=)
Bro,
I meant Dolby ProLogic, you're gonna need it for 2 ch audio sources, like cd's or vcd's. Meron kasing DVD players na may DD/DTS decoder but walang Pro Logic. Why don't you check? And based on my experience, I think it's much easier to tune your system when your sub is totally independent. I have a Yamaha DSP-AX430, it has a volume control for the sub out, but the sub volume is also dependent on the master volume control, so if the Master volume is 0, the sub is also 0. I have a Sakura in my room and even if I set the master volume to 0, yung bass volume ng sub ganon pa rin. But here's my advice to get the best of both worlds, buy an active sub that has both LINE and SPEAKER level inputs, so if you wanna be able to control the sub volume proportionally with the amp volume, you connect it to the speaker in, and to have independent control on the sub vol you connect it to the line in. Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2004 at 09:25 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline Maki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Feb 28, 2004 at 08:38 PM »
ah yes pare, it has pro logic II, its the xtreme player...=) thanks for the suggestions

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Mar 01, 2004 at 08:03 AM »
Bro,
sorry medyo natagalan ang exact address ha? I had a problem with logging on kasi e. Moses Aaron is located at 623 G. Puyat st., Quiapo. Tel. no. 735-4390. TC.

bro,
no problemo. a friend of mine is planning to buy a sakura amp and dtx tower, i will recommend this shop to him.

thanks.

Offline ultraman

• Collector
  • mama mia!!! mama mia!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Mar 01, 2004 at 08:35 PM »
Ano na po ba mga magandang model ng sakura this day? The whole Raon market is saturated with sakura amps kasi. I have read from this thread that most owned the 377 model but unfortunately when I asked the model nung nagpunta ako, wala naman daw silang ganung model even at knight audio. asked ko sana what model is appropriate for powering dtx 9.5 speaker set. and how much? tnx

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Mar 02, 2004 at 07:38 AM »
ultraman,
if AV-377 is not available try to look for  AV-387. two weeks ago may nakita ako sa Getz (beside Knight Audio) P3,500 ang price.

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Mar 02, 2004 at 08:14 AM »
sa katapat ng building ng raon shopping arcade sa tabi ng overpass, pasok ka sa building dun meron dung 387. or along evangelista st meron dung isang shop na may malaking logo ng sakura, meron din sila 387 dun.

tsaka meron din silang sakura 327 for only 2,800 ( no fm tuner yan ang price na nakuha ko) just look for raymond sabihin mo refer by carl :)

Offline ultraman

• Collector
  • mama mia!!! mama mia!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Mar 02, 2004 at 02:45 PM »
tnx peeps,,,
        Ang 387 or 327 may independent channel volume? tnx ulit..

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Mar 02, 2004 at 11:25 PM »
yup meron thats why I choose sakura over konzert :) at syempre less than 3k kaya yun ang pinili ko wala nga lang fm tuner, hindi din naman kasi ako mahilig makinig sa fm more on mp3 pinapakingan ko sa computer :)

mas maganda audition it first to suit your taste

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Mar 03, 2004 at 03:42 PM »
Ano na po ba mga magandang model ng sakura this day? The whole Raon market is saturated with sakura amps kasi. I have read from this thread that most owned the 377 model but unfortunately when I asked the model nung nagpunta ako, wala naman daw silang ganung model even at knight audio. asked ko sana what model is appropriate for powering dtx 9.5 speaker set. and how much? tnx
On the assumption that your dvd player has DD/DTS and Dolby ProLogic, I think it would be best to buy a Sakura amp that is a dedicated 5ch amp, no need for the processors, I've seen sakuras that have the pull out design, yung parang pang-professional. These amps have better amplification qualities and equal amplification power to all channels at the same price. Remember, the Pro Logic is for 2ch sources, importante din yun, in a phrase, SHOP AROUND. TC.

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 08:18 AM »
Upgraded my old Sakura 325 to the new Sakura 387 model yesterday. Asteeg! Parang branded na yung design, feature and aesthetic  ;D

Price is 3500, store is the one near Knight Audio.

Features:

250x2, 50x3
Separate volume control for Main, Center, SR and SL (volume indicator now shows in the nifty display in dB measurement)
DSP - oh yes this thing works 8)
AM/FM Digital Tuner
Bass/Treble/Super Bass
Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Off)

All functions can be controlled in the remote control except for Power.

My plan is to upgrade to Yammy but now that I got this one, mukhang mapo-postpone muna... :) :) :)