Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 326015 times)

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #330 on: Apr 30, 2004 at 07:14 AM »
Yung AV-377 ko ay ganon nga rin, na when you put it off, the volume resets to the minimum sound level. Pero sa akin, i think its not a problem, i believe it was made to function as such for a purpose like,say, to protect your speakers or the system itself.

What i did was, i memorized the sound level (yung ideal para sa akin) of the center and the surrounds in relation to the fronts so that whenever i put on the system, ia-adjust ko muna bago ako magsalang ng dvd/cd na panonoorin/pakikingan ko.

Just my two cents.

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #331 on: Apr 30, 2004 at 10:47 AM »
makikitanong lang mga boss, yung sakura ba eh when u turn off the power of the unit, nagrereset yung volume? kasi this is what i dislike most sa konzert 500r na amp ko, everytime i'm gonna use it i have to manually set the volumes for the front, rear left, rear right and center... >:(

My Sakura AV-1600 always powers on with the volume at 18, BUT, I never have to re-adjust the volumes for the other channels, nasa memory sya. Check mo kaya ang ibang Konzert amps, baka kasi may diperensya memory ng Konzert mo, but if ang ibang Konzert ganun din, sorrry.

Bro juneaki,

ang 377 ba ganyan pala? walang setting memory? Ang 387 kaya? Anybody? TIA.
Making the most of what I've got

Offline Maki

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • assumption is the mother of all f***-ups
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: Apr 30, 2004 at 02:11 PM »
hmm ganun din ibang konzert na 500r eh, oh well, guess i'll  have to live with it =) may remote naman yung amp eh kaya medyo ok lang magadjust...thanks for the inputs

Offline Alfalfameister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Question about Sakura 327
« Reply #333 on: May 04, 2004 at 11:50 AM »
Guys, need help on something:

I attached my Nextbase 9000 to the Sakura. Main L+R, Surround L+R, Center. Everything works fine.

I attached my TV Output to the "tuner" Input. Also tried "VCD" and "AUX" inputs.

The problem:

When I watch DVDs, everything works fine. Main L+R comes from Main L+R. No problem there.

When I watch TV, the sound comes from the Center channel, and the two SURROUND channels. I prefer sound to come from my two bigger speakers in front.

Besides, it's kinda weird watching TV, and the sounds/dialogue/music comes from speakers that are behind me.

Why are the "Tuner", "VCD", and "AUX" inputs like that? (i.e., engaging the surrounds + center instead of the two main speakers)

Thanks for any help.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: May 04, 2004 at 12:54 PM »
Interesting.  Possible kaya nabaligtad ng Sakura yung internal input connections for Main and surround for their 2-ch sources?   

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
Re: Question about Sakura 327
« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2004 at 12:58 PM »

I attached my Nextbase 9000 to the Sakura. Main L+R, Surround L+R, Center. Everything works fine.

I attached my TV Output to the "tuner" Input. Also tried "VCD" and "AUX" inputs.

The problem:

When I watch DVDs, everything works fine. Main L+R comes from Main L+R. No problem there.

When I watch TV, the sound comes from the Center channel, and the two SURROUND channels. I prefer sound to come from my two bigger speakers in front.

Besides, it's kinda weird watching TV, and the sounds/dialogue/music comes from speakers that are behind me.

Why are the "Tuner", "VCD", and "AUX" inputs like that? (i.e., engaging the surrounds + center instead of the two main speakers)

Thanks for any help.

Bro,
Troubleshooting lang ha? Try mo kya ikabit ang stereo output ng dvd mo sa either tuner, vcd, or aux and play an audio cd, pag ganun pa rin, then sa amp na talaga ang problema. Pag hindi, pag na process sya ng prologic(I'm assuming your amp has a prologic processor), then maayos ang tunog, at wala na yung vocals sa rear channels, then this means ang audio ng tv source mo ang may problema. Baka ang audio signal ng broadcast program is in mono, and this is how your amp processes such signals. Ako dati meron ding mumurahing Sakura that only splits the stereo signal into 5 channels, but it doesn't actually process it. Update us ha? Good luck! ;)

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2004 at 01:25 PM »
Interesting.  Possible kaya nabaligtad ng Sakura yung internal input connections for Main and surround for their 2-ch sources?   

I agree with av_phile1, posibleng may error sa connection.

The way you described it, naka-on yung three channel logic function (kung meron) ng sakura mo. I-try mo kaya i-off, meaning you try two channel stereo option. Kung sa surround lumabas ang sound, talagang yung sakura ang may mali.

Offline Alfalfameister

• Collector
  • Liked:
Sakura 327 error?
« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2004 at 05:09 PM »
Okay, here's what I did:

I connected the L+R output of my Nextbase to "tuner" (and I also tried "aux") input of the Sakura and played an audio CD...

RESULT:

Music was being played on 2 rear channels AND center channel. Additionally, even with the volume set at 02 (default of the Sakura is 28), parang it was so damn loud!

Next, I connected the L+R output of my Nextbase to the AC-3 (DVD) input of the Sakura.

RESULT:

Audio CD played fine with output on the main L+R speakers, and no center channel output (as there really shouldn't be anyway, since this is a stereo CD, and the amp has no processor/decoder anyway).

I'm too lazy to go to Raon. I know it's under warranty (even if I did buy it from jmigs, another poster here in pinoydvd -- I have original receipt and all that anyway). I think I'll tinker with it. Anyway, not that I'm dissing it, it's just P2,400.

The manual has the electric diagram, so maybe an electronic friend can start swinging his soldering gun... But, before I go that route, any suggestions? (Going to Raon is one, but dang the hassle of it all!) :)

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2004 at 08:35 AM »

The problem:

Thanks for any help.

Bro, normal lang yan ganun din ang akin, may 4 na input yan DVD, AUX, TUNER, VCD
DVD - 5 discreet channel sound
AUX, TUNER, VCD --> Stereo

Ganun din ang ginawa ko, from tv sound output nakakabit sa aux input etc, minsan kasi kung magandang palabas ino-on ko ang amp ko para masarap manuod hahaha, kung naka tv mode or aux mode ako, lahat ng speaker ko gumagana, parang sa Rongxn 89DV dba meron itong vcd/dvd or 2 channel/5channel selector, kung nakapoint sya sa vcd/2channel ay lahat ng speakers gagana. Sa dvd/5channel tsaka lang sya discreet sound

so the best solution kung manunuod ka ng tv at gusto mo front speakers lang at walang lalabas sa rear and center ay sobrang simple lang, turn off the volume of your center and surround volume, then the main volume lakasan mo na lang. That will solve your problem.

Bakit ito ganito? dahil wala namang built-in decoder itong sakura but for the price of 2,400 satisfied na ako for each price, besides its the only 5 DISCREET CHANNEL AMPLIFIER in the market that falls under the range of 2k++, sa ibang brand na 2k++ lang puros stereo lang hehehe  ;D

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2004 at 08:25 PM »
tanung lang po...........

yung 327 ba na cocontrol yung SL at SR independently? or rear control lang?

wala ba talaga silang difference sa 387  maliban sa FM? kahit looks preho din?

tnx!

mga brother sa rongxin susunod ako sa yapak nyo hehehhe

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2004 at 09:35 PM »
tanung lang po...........

yung 327 ba na cocontrol yung SL at SR independently? or rear control lang?

wala ba talaga silang difference sa 387  maliban sa FM? kahit looks preho din?
rear control lang ang 327 kung 5.1 na setup lang ang kailangan mo ok na ito dahil stereo naman ito  :)

actually 377 halos parehas sa 387 :) Syempre mas mura ang 327 may pagkakaiba ito ang rear and center volume nito at de pihit at hindi remote, this is highly recomended for budget type person hehehe

Offline Alfalfameister

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2004 at 10:02 PM »

so the best solution kung manunuod ka ng tv at gusto mo front speakers lang at walang lalabas sa rear and center ay sobrang simple lang, turn off the volume of your center and surround volume, then the main volume lakasan mo na lang. That will solve your problem.

Bakit ito ganito? dahil wala namang built-in decoder itong sakura but for the price of 2,400 satisfied na ako for each price, besides its the only 5 DISCREET CHANNEL AMPLIFIER in the market that falls under the range of 2k++, sa ibang brand na 2k++ lang puros stereo lang hehehe  ;D

Well, that is one solution nga. Which means, there's nothing wrong with the wiring of the sakura amp.

However, the problem is that naka-set na ang surround and center channels ko. Di bale -- I'll just mark it with a pen na lang. But again another problem: my significant other can't and won't fiddle around with settings, so it is indeed a hassle.

Well, for 2K+, what do you expect nga. I'll wait na lang to get my Harman Kardon... :)

Offline ryn0128

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: May 06, 2004 at 07:52 AM »
are these sakura amps comparable pagdating sa quality ng magnum amps, konzert and other locally made amps? im planning to buy kasi a 2 channel magnum amp just for my bass shakers, nag dadalawang isip ako baka bumigay kagad pero kung kasing tibay ng sakura bibilin ko na. thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2004 at 10:25 AM »
are these sakura amps comparable pagdating sa quality ng magnum amps, konzert and other locally made amps? im planning to buy kasi a 2 channel magnum amp just for my bass shakers, nag dadalawang isip ako baka bumigay kagad pero kung kasing tibay ng sakura bibilin ko na. thanks

Bro,
Just my opinion ha? But I think mas maganda ang quality ng Sakura on some of their models. Please check for the impedance of the bass shakers, kasi if mismatched, masusunog ang amp mo. This has happened to me already. TC. ;)

Offline DaiHarD

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2004 at 08:29 AM »
Well, that is one solution nga. Which means, there's nothing wrong with the wiring of the sakura amp.

However, the problem is that naka-set na ang surround and center channels ko. Di bale -- I'll just mark it with a pen na lang. But again another problem: my significant other can't and won't fiddle around with settings, so it is indeed a hassle.

Well, for 2K+, what do you expect nga. I'll wait na lang to get my Harman Kardon...
Yeah mark it na lang hehehe, what I did is to put 2 label stickers each, 1 for Dolby mode and the other for DTS mode hehehe :) para di na ako mahirapan magset  ;D

Sakura rules!!! Pero mas maganda ang tunog ang 2 channel Mantext ko dati wala nga lang super bass mode. How much do your bass shakers cost?

Offline ryn0128

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2004 at 12:11 AM »
got it for 950less discounts....mga 850

Offline sayad5

• Collector
  • sweet!
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2004 at 11:14 AM »
boss ryn0128 - saan mo nabili yung bass shakers?

Offline ryn0128

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2004 at 12:59 AM »
 sa dai-ichi megamall pare.

Offline Yahoo!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2004 at 01:08 PM »
question po mga sirs.  bakit po ganun yung AV-387 ko, gumaganda lang yung ganda ng bayo ng bass kapag yung volume is naka-set  sa 50db and below.  this was also the case when paired with Rongxin 89DV, right now I'm using Wharf 8.4, 8.2 and center.  may solusyon po ba ito?  ???
upgrade po ba?  ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2004 at 03:18 PM »
Usually, with most receivers/amps, I observe a thinning of the bass as you go down in volume.  I think that has something to do with the way the human ear responds to bass at low levels.  And the amp's loudness switch is supposed to compensate for that by boosting bass at low volumes. 

In your case, did I get it right the opposite is true? 

Offline Yahoo!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: May 20, 2004 at 04:41 PM »
actually sir av_phile1, medyo biglaan yung pag-boost ng bass nya when the volume was set to 50.  I don't know if this is also being experienced by the other Sakura owners.

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: May 21, 2004 at 10:29 AM »
question po mga sirs.  bakit po ganun yung AV-387 ko, gumaganda lang yung ganda ng bayo ng bass kapag yung volume is naka-set  sa 50db and below.  this was also the case when paired with Rongxin 89DV, right now I'm using Wharf 8.4, 8.2 and center.  may solusyon po ba ito?  ???
upgrade po ba?  ;D

Mine is AV-377, yung sinundan ng AV-387. My experience is, at low volume ay mukhang mahina nga ang bass (i'm using a DTX bookshelf speaker as front). What i'm doing is just put on the superbass function of the Sakura whenever i'm not using the active sub. I'm sure meron din ganitong option ang Sakura mo, just have it enable, i believe it will help.

Another thing is that, Wharfedale diamond speakers, according to my readings of the same thread in the speaker section, ay mahirap talagang paawitin lalo na kung bago pa. Wharfedale accordingly requires really powerfull amplification.  My suggestion is to have your speakers bi-wired (please read the manual of your speakers). Kung sa palagay mo ay bitin pa rin, have your speakers tweaked by sir Anthony.

Offline Yahoo!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2004 at 11:42 AM »
thanks sir juneaki.  meron nga din superbass function kaso medyo mahina talaga eh siguro I really have to add a sub, i'm thinking of US Audio 512L, any reviews for this one?  Is this a good buy for Php 8,800.00? How does this compare to the DTX?
i'll try to bi-wire this weekend and i'll also try to connect a dai-ichi BK-10a, kaso bago din sir sabay lang sila nung diamonds.

thanks.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: May 21, 2004 at 01:57 PM »
thanks sir juneaki.  meron nga din superbass function kaso medyo mahina talaga eh siguro I really have to add a sub, i'm thinking of US Audio 512L, any reviews for this one?  Is this a good buy for Php 8,800.00? How does this compare to the DTX?
i'll try to bi-wire this weekend and i'll also try to connect a dai-ichi BK-10a, kaso bago din sir sabay lang sila nung diamonds.

thanks.

IMHO, USAudio subs are more musical, DTXs are better for HT, but that's just me. That price is kinda high. I can get a DTX 4.12 for 7,900-5%, and a DTX 4.15, Take note, that's a 15-incher sub, for 8,200-5% from Moses Aaron. That's at 623 G. Puyat, Quiapo. Tel. No. 7354390. Look for Mike. ;D

Offline Yahoo!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: May 21, 2004 at 04:37 PM »
sir art, galing na ako dun last Tuesday night, kilalang-kilala ka nga dun eh. sorry sir ha, nag-name drop ako sa kanila without your permission.  :-\
anyway, dun dapat ako bibili nung dai-ichi BK-10a kaso wala silang stock, hinanap ko nga si Mike eh kaso wala daw dun so yung saleslady ang nag-assist sa kin. ang ibinibigay sa kin na unit was yung display nila so syempre ayoko nun kaya nag-ikut-ikot muna din ako kasi I'm also looking for a Yaden AVR.  Nung may nabili na akong AVR, sa Knight audio ako napadpad.  ibinigay sa kin yung BK-10a nang 100 pesos lower from Moses so kinuha ko na and medyo hassle din naman ang pagbitbit kung sa Moses ko kukuhanin since sa taxi ko lang isasakay yung package. 
try ko ulit sir sa Moses this weekend and kung bibigyan nila ako ng 5% discount so sa kanila na ako kukuha but first audition ko muna sa Dai-Ichi showroom kung alin ang mas bagay sa pandinig ko.

thanks...

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: May 22, 2004 at 12:05 PM »
sir art, galing na ako dun last Tuesday night, kilalang-kilala ka nga dun eh. sorry sir ha, nag-name drop ako sa kanila without your permission.  :-\
anyway, dun dapat ako bibili nung dai-ichi BK-10a kaso wala silang stock, hinanap ko nga si Mike eh kaso wala daw dun so yung saleslady ang nag-assist sa kin. ang ibinibigay sa kin na unit was yung display nila so syempre ayoko nun kaya nag-ikut-ikot muna din ako kasi I'm also looking for a Yaden AVR.  Nung may nabili na akong AVR, sa Knight audio ako napadpad.  ibinigay sa kin yung BK-10a nang 100 pesos lower from Moses so kinuha ko na and medyo hassle din naman ang pagbitbit kung sa Moses ko kukuhanin since sa taxi ko lang isasakay yung package. 
try ko ulit sir sa Moses this weekend and kung bibigyan nila ako ng 5% discount so sa kanila na ako kukuha but first audition ko muna sa Dai-Ichi showroom kung alin ang mas bagay sa pandinig ko.

thanks...

Okay lang yun, bro. Magkano ba kuha mo ng BK-10? Kasi sobra pa siguro sa 100 ang mababawas if you get a 5% discount. Si Mike kasi is kinda authorized to give that discount kasi bayaw nya ang may-ari e, the others, kelangan pa magpaalam. Anyway, have fun, especially sa auditioning part. ;D

Offline Yahoo!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 04:26 PM »
I got the BK-10 for Php 3,500.  Til now, I am not able to audition the subs,  Sunday na lagi ako nakakapunta eh.  Ikaw ba sir nakakuha nung US Audio521L MK2 sa buy & sell? Saw your post eh, Php 8,800 kasi yung brand new so I think it would be OK na for the asking price and besides dalawa naman yung sub nung seller kaya in excellent condition pa siguro. 

thanks.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 11:19 AM »
I got the BK-10 for Php 3,500.  Til now, I am not able to audition the subs,  Sunday na lagi ako nakakapunta eh.  Ikaw ba sir nakakuha nung US Audio521L MK2 sa buy & sell? Saw your post eh, Php 8,800 kasi yung brand new so I think it would be OK na for the asking price and besides dalawa naman yung sub nung seller kaya in excellent condition pa siguro. 

thanks.

Yup, bro, ako nga. Hinihintay ko na lang na dumating, nasa Bacolod kasi ako e. Napadala na ni rjay nung Tuesday. These days kasi I wanna hear different subs para lumawak naman ang knowledge ko about them and know the differences in performance. I also recently acquired a Dynaquest DQ12 from allyson. I am now about to have 3 different subs at home, a Daiichi ASW10DR, a Dynaquest DQ12, and a USAudio 512MK2 once it arrives. I asked Mike at Moses Aaron, the 512 is priced at 7,900 sa kanila, w/o discount pa daw. You know, I actually am unsure what the BK10 looks like, but I hope you enjoy it a lot. I'm only saving some money for one more sub, the sub where I've set my limits at, a DTX 4.15. Pero, unahin ko muna at least 2 pairs of DTX 9.5 Bookshelves. Sayang, sarado ang Moses Aaron on Sundays. Ingat, bro. :)

Offline Yahoo!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 11:37 AM »
Thanks.  Sayang, may pambili pa sana ako ng DTX 9.5T after the sub ni sir rjay.  Php 7,900 sa Moses, so kung less 5% pa it will be Php 7,500 na lang.  I also saw DQ12 in Park Square when i bought some banana plugs. The price tag is Php 5,700, I don't know kung may discount pa.  Sir pa-update naman how does each perform against each other when your new one arrives.  enjoy...

Offline venom3073

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Jun 20, 2004 at 08:26 PM »
Question po, Newbie lang me and I want sana to buy a 5.1 Amplifier, what is the diff of the Sakura 327 and the Sakura 387? do you have pics of both units??? Thanks!