Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 325954 times)

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #390 on: Sep 04, 2004 at 04:40 AM »
bump...

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #391 on: Sep 04, 2004 at 09:08 AM »
Sirs, I know for a fact that sakura amps doesn't have any internal DTS and DD decoders. If i'll be using a nextbase DVD player with the built in decoders, what would be the connections to experience DTS. Can somebody show me the connections to make. And one more thing, i have a JBL PRO III speakers and I'm planning to make it my rear speakers with the DTX slim series for the fronts, are the JBL's compatible with the Sakura? Specs below...

-   Recommended Power Amplifier Range: 10 - 100 watts
• Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
• Woofer: 5" high polymer laminate
• Tweeter: 1" pure titanium
• Frequency Response: 65Hz - 27kHz
• Crossover Frequency(ies): 3kHz
• Sensitivity: 87dB (1 watt/1 meter)

thanks.

Technically, at that impedance and sensitivity(or the lack of it), medyo mahihirapan ang Sakura, which are usually rated at 8 ohms lang. But since for surrounds lang naman sya medyo pwede, but i'd still suggest getting another, like maybe the DTX 9.5 bookshelf na rin lang to match your fronts. Just a suggestion though.

Now, with regards to the connections, you'd have to connect the 5.1 output of the dvd player to the 5.1 input of the Sakura. That means, having at least six RCA connectors. Maybe you can get two triple-RCA connnectors, but purchase good quality cables kahit generic lang, the ones that have like solid ring connectors. If your Sakura amp already has a bass out/sub out at the back, it may not be necessary to connect the sub out of the dvd player to the sub in of the amp. Make sure the 5.1 mode in your dvd's setup is activated. Then, I would also suggest connecting the main R and L of the dvd to a 2 channel input of the amp, like  the vcd/cd or aux input. The purpose of this is to be able to utilize the processor of the Sakura amp (assuming the model you have has one, i.e. Dolby Pro Logic) when playing 2 channel sources on your dvd player, that way, you can switch to dvd on the amp when watching dvds then switch to aux or vcd/cd when listening to 2 channel sources like cds or vcds. Hope I helped.  ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline backdraft

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Sep 04, 2004 at 11:33 PM »
maraming salamat sir art, you've been very helpful  ;D

by the way, do you recommend a good but cheap SUB for the DTX-Sakura combo, and do i need one? does the dtx fronts produces enough bass? or i really do need a sub to get the punch.

thanks again!

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Sep 05, 2004 at 09:34 AM »
The DTX 9.5 towers wouldn't give sufficient bass for HT. It has a smooth sounding bass, but you do need a sub. I would suggest getting the DTX 4.10/4.12 sub. The sub isn't one thing you would want to scrimp in your system. On a budget HT setup, this would probably be the most expensive. Try looking for a Daiichi ASW10DR if you still can, this is very inexpensive, but may have been discontinued, around 4K+, but is very well performing. But since this is a 4th order bandpass sub, it may produce seemingly powerful but inaccurate bass. A ported front firing sub would be better like the DTX 4.x series. You're welcome bro, glad to help.

Offline fierari

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Sep 06, 2004 at 08:40 PM »
I presently have the DSP-AX430, I also want to have the 440, but medyo kapos pa ako ngayon e, and I don't wanna give up my 430. Congrats. ;D

nag iba na ba ang pananaw ni arthur ehehehhe  ;D

Offline Chico

• Collector
  • Nowhere to go but up
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Sep 08, 2004 at 04:53 PM »
what's the price of AV-387 now? can u suggest me other amplifier brands that is affordable and durable as sakura? preferably with am/fm tuner. lastly, i have a generic 2.1 speaker system, how can i determine if it's compatible with sakura av-387?

thanks.  ::)
Fear Not, For I Am with You

Isaiah 41:1-13

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Sep 09, 2004 at 10:02 AM »

nag iba na ba ang pananaw ni arthur ehehehhe  ;D

Nope, I still want a 440, naghihintay lang akong may magbenta. How 'bout you, bro? Nag iba na rin ba pananaw mo? Hehe. ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Sep 09, 2004 at 10:09 AM »
what's the price of AV-387 now? can u suggest me other amplifier brands that is affordable and durable as sakura? preferably with am/fm tuner. lastly, i have a generic 2.1 speaker system, how can i determine if it's compatible with sakura av-387?

thanks.  ::)

Last time I asked, almost 3.7K. Siguro sa generic branded amps, Sakura seems to be the most reliable esp. since they seem to be the only one with legit signal processing. We usually start by seeing the impedance ratings of both speakers and amp, the speakers should have a higher impedance or at least equal to the amp impedance. Hope I helped. ;)

Offline Chico

• Collector
  • Nowhere to go but up
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Sep 09, 2004 at 01:09 PM »
ic. so, if the speaker's impedance is >= ampli's, can i set the volume to its max level w no problem? what if ampli's >= speaker's impedance, anong puputok ampli o speaker? certainly, ur advice helps. thanks.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 11:16 AM »
example: case 1: amp impedance-8 ohms, speaker impedance-4 ohms, the amp would operate at a higher temperature, making the possibility of burning your amp greater.

case 2: amp impedance-4 ohms, speaker impedance-8 ohms, the amp would be able to drive the amp more sufficiently. If you crank up the volume way too high, there's a possibility you'd burn your speakers.

;D

Offline Chico

• Collector
  • Nowhere to go but up
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 01:17 PM »
in case i got 'case 2',
[li]how would i know the ideal volume level for me to avoid having my speakers burned?[/li]

consider this:
Sakura Integrated Amplifier AV-377

Specification
Main channel power output (PMPO) - 250W+250W
Speaker impedance   - 4 to 16 ohms
Center channel power output (PMPO) - 50W
Speaker impedance   - 8 to 16 ohms
Surround power output (PMPO) - 50W+50W
Speaker impedance - 8 to 16 ohms
[li]do i need to consider per channel impedance when buying speakers?[/li]

bit confuse.

thanks!

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #401 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 02:23 PM »
basta as much as possible huwag ka bibili ng speakers at 4 ohms at huwag mo masyadong lalakasan yung volume kapag mas mababa yung wattage ng speakers mo sa amp mo.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 02:50 PM »
Bro chico,
Think of it this way, it's like attaching a smaller faucet to a large water line, malakas ang daloy ng tubig, di ba? But to my knowledge, Sakura amps have a protection circuit which shuts off audio output to all channels, I have a 1600 model which mutes when a speaker clips, you'd have to turn it off and on again for it to operate again. To prevent getting burned speakers, when the distortion starts to become apparent, that's where the limit should be. Also, the ideal power for an amp to drive a speaker should be 20% higher. That means if a speaker is rated at 100 Watts, it should ideally be driven by a 120 Watt amp, maybe that would give you an idea. I also think it's up to you if you choose to buy different speakers, but you still should base the impedance on what each channel on your amp can drive. The impedance at the main channels are just lower because main channel amps of Sakuras are usually more powerful than the other channels. Those specs only say that you have more options with the main channel speakers and less options with the other channels which are obviously weaker. But to make things easier for you, why not buy similar speakers? All of them having 8 ohm impedances? Again, just look at these as water lines and faucets. Hope I cleared up your confusion a bit.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 02:55 PM »
Oh and aaah, if those are PMPOs, forget about them, make sure to consider RMS power ratings. :)

Offline Chico

• Collector
  • Nowhere to go but up
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 05:23 PM »
thanks mga bros. i must saved some bucks here coz i get educated w/o enrolling in basic electronics. as  sen kiko pangilinan said "noted" ;D

Offline backdraft

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Sep 11, 2004 at 10:26 PM »
So sir Arthur, from what i understand, it is safe to use Wharfedale Diamond 8 series rated at 20-150 W RMS at 6/8 Ohms with these Sakura., right? or am I wrong?

Maganda kaya ang combo na to?

Thanks! ;D

Offline backdraft

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Sep 15, 2004 at 04:05 AM »
So sir Arthur, from what i understand, it is safe to use Wharfedale Diamond 8 series rated at 20-150 W RMS at 6/8 Ohms with these Sakura., right? or am I wrong?

Maganda kaya ang combo na to?

Thanks! ;D

sir arthur? u here? hehehe

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Sep 15, 2004 at 04:35 PM »
Sorry for the late reply ha? You got my PM already, right? Ingat, bro.

Offline backdraft

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Sep 16, 2004 at 11:07 AM »
got it thanks. ;D

Offline backdraft

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Sep 23, 2004 at 06:38 AM »
rust proof ba mga RCA connectors nito sa likod?

may kalawang ba mga RCA connectors nyo?

salamat.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Sep 23, 2004 at 01:33 PM »

salamat.

These are not rust proof, but are nickel/chrome plated. So I don't think you have to worry about rust unless you expose them to sun and rain, or if it makes contact with acids that would damage the plating on the terminals. Mine doesn't have rust on them.  :)

Offline mojako

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Sep 24, 2004 at 11:03 PM »
whaaaaaa!! nasira yung sakura amp ko.. hassle...
san ko papagawa to?

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 12:08 AM »
Guys,

balak ko bumili ng sakura 387, ask ko lang kung kaya ba niya i drive yung Wharfedale WH-2? or mahihirapan siya? ito yung may center and 2 rear surrounds na package. tapos yung fronts ko yung jvc component speakers namin at 6 ohms.  45hz- 20khz. power handling capacity is 80 watts.

tska balak ko sana yung jvc speakers namin kasi built-in siya sa component namin. puwede ko ba siya isaksak na lang sa rca ng front left and right ng dvd player ko? so meaning na yung sakura empty yung front left and right rca niya.  kaya gusto ko ganun eh para yung built in ampli ng jvc component namin mismo yung magdrive sa jvc speakers instead of the sakura. will that setup work sa 5.1? what are the downsides.

or kung may other options pa na speaker for my center and rears then pls suggest it.

pls help po

thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 09:07 AM »
I think the 387 can drive the WH2 just fine(these are good quality speakers), and even your jvc speakers. Wag mo lang masyadong lakasan ang bass ng fronts mo as it might burn those jvcs. What do you mean 'built-in sa component' bro? As in nakadikit sa amp/unit yung speakers? The front speakers should be at the sides of the TV kasi e. But wag mo masyadong ilapit sa sides if not shielded ang jvcs mo. With regards to channeling your front outs to another amp, I wouldn't suggest doing what you plan bro. I'm sure the Sakura and the JVC amp have different characteristics so they're gonna sound differently. It might also affect the sync of the signals. Dapat kasi sabay silang lahat when 'output'. It's best that all the speakers be driven by only one 5ch amp or the same non- 5ch amps. Think of it this way, it's like letting two different people carry the same load, one may carry it faster than the other, one may be stronger, the other may be weaker, they most probably would yield different results. And you wouldn't want that. HIH. ;)

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 10:12 AM »
I think the 387 can drive the WH2 just fine(these are good quality speakers), and even your jvc speakers. Wag mo lang masyadong lakasan ang bass ng fronts mo as it might burn those jvcs. What do you mean 'built-in sa component' bro? As in nakadikit sa amp/unit yung speakers? The front speakers should be at the sides of the TV kasi e. But wag mo masyadong ilapit sa sides if not shielded ang jvcs mo. With regards to channeling your front outs to another amp, I wouldn't suggest doing what you plan bro. I'm sure the Sakura and the JVC amp have different characteristics so they're gonna sound differently. It might also affect the sync of the signals. Dapat kasi sabay silang lahat when 'output'. It's best that all the speakers be driven by only one 5ch amp or the same non- 5ch amps. Think of it this way, it's like letting two different people carry the same load, one may carry it faster than the other, one may be stronger, the other may be weaker, they most probably would yield different results. And you wouldn't want that. HIH. ;)

Pareho kasing 6ohms yung jvc speakers ko and yung WH2 kaya naisip ko na match sila. pero ang alam ko 50w lang ang center and rear ng sakura 387. eh diba 100w ang WH2? di naman kaya kalahati lang ng potential ng WH2 yung mailabas ng sakura?

what i mean na may built in amplifier yung jvc speakers ko is my speakers are connected sa jvc component namin. package ito nung binili namin. bale jvc component siya. so yung speakers nito ang gagawin kong fronts and WH2 as center and rear.

lower the bass of the fronts? pano yun sir? may setting ba ang sakura na puwede ibaba yung bass ng fronts? so pano kung sterero lang gusto ko? eh di mahina yung bass? bakit ba masusunog? kasi 6ohms siya kaya ganun? what about the WH2? diba 6ohms din? so masusunog din siya in case malakas ang bass? kung ganun nga. any other 8ohms speakers na puwede ko na lang bilhin? yung 5pcs na sana.

thanks sir for your reply sa mga questions ko pati sa kabilang thread.  ;)

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 10:14 AM »
OT: ok lang ba RG6 cable gamitin ko as my audio interconnect for the sakura? tapos terminated with a monster rca plug? or gastos lang yung pagkabit ng monster plug?

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 01:28 PM »
oh... tska 50w lang yung center and rear ng sakura? ano yun? PMPO or RMS? kung PMPO, ilang watts lang talaga siya? kasi diba 100watts ang WH2. so pano yun? mas malakas ang power ng speaker sa amp. baka masunog.

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 02:17 AM »
oh... tska 50w lang yung center and rear ng sakura? ano yun? PMPO or RMS? kung PMPO, ilang watts lang talaga siya? kasi diba 100watts ang WH2. so pano yun? mas malakas ang power ng speaker sa amp. baka masunog.

bro, kaya ng sakura i-drive ang WH2, kung wharfe diamond 8c nga kaya syempre kaya din ang WH2. actually yung barkada ko (inactive pinoydvd member  ;))  gamit din sakura 377, his center and rear speakers are diamond center and dtx9.5 towers.

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 02:21 AM »

salamat.

2  1/2  years na ang av-377 ko pero wala naman akong napapansin na kalawang  ;D

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 09:49 AM »

bro, kaya ng sakura i-drive ang WH2, kung wharfe diamond 8c nga kaya syempre kaya din ang WH2. actually yung barkada ko (inactive pinoydvd member  ;))  gamit din sakura 377, his center and rear speakers are diamond center and dtx9.5 towers.

hmmm....marami kasi akong nababasa dito na yung wharfs daw kailngan ng powerful amp para lumabas yung totoo niyang capabilities. but sa case ng friend mo ba ok naman ang clarity and detail ng wharfs niya using a sakura amp?

ok sana yung DTX 9.5 towers, kaya lang wala na kaming space sa sala namin kaya bookshelf speaker lang ang puwede ko maging front. ano ba ang affordable na bookshelf speakers to pair w/ the WH2 using a sakura amp?

tska ano ba dapat mas malakas? yung rear or yung fronts? kasi kung gagamitin ko as fronts yung jvc ko eh mukhang talo siya kasi .5" lang ang tweeter nito compared sa tweeters ng WH2 na 1.5".