Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 326017 times)

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #420 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 12:07 PM »

hmmm....marami kasi akong nababasa dito na yung wharfs daw kailngan ng powerful amp para lumabas yung totoo niyang capabilities. but sa case ng friend mo ba ok naman ang clarity and detail ng wharfs niya using a sakura amp?

ok sana yung DTX 9.5 towers, kaya lang wala na kaming space sa sala namin kaya bookshelf speaker lang ang puwede ko maging front. ano ba ang affordable na bookshelf speakers to pair w/ the WH2 using a sakura amp?

tska ano ba dapat mas malakas? yung rear or yung fronts? kasi kung gagamitin ko as fronts yung jvc ko eh mukhang talo siya kasi .5" lang ang tweeter nito compared sa tweeters ng WH2 na 1.5".

yup correct ka dyan bro kailangan talaga ng powerful amp like Harman Kardon para mapakanta ang Wharfe... clarity and detail? hmm...sakura-wharfe 8c medyo kulang sa kalansing pero bilog ang tunog ...pwede pang mag-improve ang sound ng wharfe kung pa-tweek kina nirvblakr.

bookshelf speaker? dtx9.5B or wharfe diamond 8.1 kasi naka WH2 ka na...later on pag nag-upgrade ka to 6.1  ;) set-up pwedeng center back na ang WH2 then bili ka ng 8c for center...hehehe ;D

yung front speaker dapat ang mas malakas...
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2004 at 12:09 PM by torque »

Offline markygail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 03:11 PM »
thanx bro.

ito kasing jvc speakers ko power rating niya 85watts(yun yung nakalagay sa likod). ewan ko lang kung PMPO yun or RMS.walang nakalagay eh. so mas malakas yung wharfedale 8.1 or DTX9.5B sa jvc ko?

ilang ohms ba yung DTX 9.5B? kung yun ang fronts ko tapos WH2 center and rear. match ba sila?

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 04:07 PM »
guys,

ano gamit niyong interconnect sa dvd player and sakura niyo? balak ko kasi gamit ng rg6 cable terminated with monster rca plugs. ok ba yun? or a waste of money?

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: Sep 26, 2004 at 06:26 PM »
check this out:

http://www.pbase.com/chino1328/image/27351304

that is a sakura 387. you can see that the the center and rear speakers  speakers impedance range is from 8ohms-16ohms. so pano nangyari na may mga gumagamit ng wharfedale speakers dito as rear/center eh 6ohms sila diba?pakiexplain naman. medyo nagdadalawang isip tuloy ako bumili ng wharfedale WH2.

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2004 at 07:45 PM by markygail »

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #424 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 09:05 AM »
check this out:

http://www.pbase.com/chino1328/image/27351304

that is a sakura 387. you can see that the the center and rear speakers  speakers impedance range is from 8ohms-16ohms. so pano nangyari na may mga gumagamit ng wharfedale speakers dito as rear/center eh 6ohms sila diba?pakiexplain naman. medyo nagdadalawang isip tuloy ako bumili ng wharfedale WH2.

I used Sakura AV-377 (now AV-387) before. For fronts, i used wharfedale valdus 100 (4-8 ohms), wharfedale 8c (6 ohms) as center and dai-ichi cubes (4-8ohms) for surround. This combination worked for me and i believe the best sa budgetted entry level HT setup na with a good active subwoofer. How much more kung all wharfedale ang speakers mo.  Wharfedale diamond series, although 6 ohms ang nominal impedance nya ay compatible sa AVR na 8 ohms ang output.  You can read it sa manual na kasama nya.

Ang maganda sa AV-377 ay may separate volume control ang center, left surround at right surround.  Kung mahina ang center o ang surround compared sa fronts, you can adjust accordingly.
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2004 at 09:09 AM by juneaki »

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 11:06 AM »
Matching isn't just based on impedance, it's primarily based in driver characteristics. Material, resonant frequencies, tone, etc. That's why it's much easier to use speakers made by the same manufacturer because they're bound to have the same timbre, especially if all the speakers in your system use the same drivers.

I was not worried about the Wharfes, I was worried about you JVCs, I knew your Wharfes can take it, but I'm not so sure about your JVCs, Sakuras usually have higher power ratings for the fronts so if it's going to burn any of your speakers, they're bound to be the fronts, and sa pagkakaalam ko kasi, most of the bass is driven to the fronts.

I think those ratings are RMS, and don't worry about the rating kasi most of the time, way lower naman dyan ang kelangan ng speakers to be driven e. No problem with Wharfedales, bro, they're gonna do just great for you. I'm just suggesting that it would be better if you also used Wharfedales for your fronts. The DTX 9.5 system is also great, mas mura pa.

It is also hard to base loudness sa power rating, it's more on the SPL. But let's not get into that.

Regarding impedance, it is more ideal to have the amp impedance be lower or at least equal to the speaker impedance, e.g. : Amp 6 Ohms, speaker 8 Ohms, than the other way around. The latter would cause the amp to operate at a higher temperature, but that doesn't mean na di nya kaya. Pretend those amps are water pipes and speakers are faucets. The lower the impedance, the bigger the pipe or faucet. So if your amp is like 6 Ohms and your speaker is like 8 Ohms, malakas ang flow ng tubig, right? but if it's the other way around, it's like fitting a bigger faucet than your water line, dadaloy pa rin ang tubig, but di na ganun kalakas ang pressure. Hope that enlightens you.  ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 07:09 PM »
Matching isn't just based on impedance, it's primarily based in driver characteristics. Material, resonant frequencies, tone, etc. That's why it's much easier to use speakers made by the same manufacturer because they're bound to have the same timbre, especially if all the speakers in your system use the same drivers.

I was not worried about the Wharfes, I was worried about you JVCs, I knew your Wharfes can take it, but I'm not so sure about your JVCs, Sakuras usually have higher power ratings for the fronts so if it's going to burn any of your speakers, they're bound to be the fronts, and sa pagkakaalam ko kasi, most of the bass is driven to the fronts.

I think those ratings are RMS, and don't worry about the rating kasi most of the time, way lower naman dyan ang kelangan ng speakers to be driven e. No problem with Wharfedales, bro, they're gonna do just great for you. I'm just suggesting that it would be better if you also used Wharfedales for your fronts. The DTX 9.5 system is also great, mas mura pa.

It is also hard to base loudness sa power rating, it's more on the SPL. But let's not get into that.

Regarding impedance, it is more ideal to have the amp impedance be lower or at least equal to the speaker impedance, e.g. : Amp 6 Ohms, speaker 8 Ohms, than the other way around. The latter would cause the amp to operate at a higher temperature, but that doesn't mean na di nya kaya. Pretend those amps are water pipes and speakers are faucets. The lower the impedance, the bigger the pipe or faucet. So if your amp is like 6 Ohms and your speaker is like 8 Ohms, malakas ang flow ng tubig, right? but if it's the other way around, it's like fitting a bigger faucet than your water line, dadaloy pa rin ang tubig, but di na ganun kalakas ang pressure. Hope that enlightens you.  ;)

bait mo talaga sir arthur. ;) salamat ng marami. yung jvc speakers baka ma out na sa list ng HT setup ko. pero ang papalit ko sa fronts ko DTX 9.5B siguro or wharf 8.1(depende sa budget kasi 2.3k lang per pair ng DTX).ok sana ang tower speakers ng DTX pero wala ng space. as in wala na so bookshelf speakers na lang. pero WH2 pa din ang center/rear ko. naastigan kasi ako sa WH2 eh.. lalo na yung rear. pero match ba sila ng DTX 9.5B? pakipost naman po mga sir ng complete specs ng DTX series para ma timbre match ko lang.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 07:16 PM »
eto pa po mga bossing, can the sakura receive dd 5.1 and DTS signals kung may built in db 5.1 and DTS decoder yung player ko? or AC-3 lang? balak ko na interconnect to my player and the sakura is rg6 coax cable terminated with rca plugs.

player ko nga pala is philips 642k.

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Sep 28, 2004 at 08:17 AM »
eto pa po mga bossing, can the sakura receive dd 5.1 and DTS signals kung may built in db 5.1 and DTS decoder yung player ko? or AC-3 lang? balak ko na interconnect to my player and the sakura is rg6 coax cable terminated with rca plugs.

Yup. Since your player has dolby digital and DTS decoder built-in, all you need is just a DVD ready avr like Sakura. Your player has a six (5.1) channel outputs which you will connect to Sakura's six (5.1) channel inputs. Just hook them accordingly (center out of the player to center in of Sakura, right front out to right front in, and so on and so forth) and your HT set up is ready.  Enjoy watching.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Sep 28, 2004 at 04:39 PM »

Yup. Since your player has dolby digital and DTS decoder built-in, all you need is just a DVD ready avr like Sakura. Your player has a six (5.1) channel outputs which you will connect to Sakura's six (5.1) channel inputs. Just hook them accordingly (center out of the player to center in of Sakura, right front out to right front in, and so on and so forth) and your HT set up is ready.  Enjoy watching.

sarap talaga dito sa pinoydvd. everyone is willing to lend a helping hand.  :D

salamat mga bossing.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 12:42 PM »

Make sure that it does have a 5.1 output at the back bro, ha? Kasi when we say built in decoder, it means it can decode the digital signals and convert them to analog signals for amplification. If you find a 5.1 ch outpput at the back of your dvd player, then that's it, pag wala, you're going to need a digital amp. Just because the dvd player has the DD and DTS logos at the front, doesn't mean that it has a built in decoder. The Sakura 387 doesn't have a decoder, only a 5 channel amplifier.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 08:26 PM »

Make sure that it does have a 5.1 output at the back bro, ha? Kasi when we say built in decoder, it means it can decode the digital signals and convert them to analog signals for amplification. If you find a 5.1 ch outpput at the back of your dvd player, then that's it, pag wala, you're going to need a digital amp. Just because the dvd player has the DD and DTS logos at the front, doesn't mean that it has a built in decoder. The Sakura 387 doesn't have a decoder, only a 5 channel amplifier.

yup sir. may 5.1 outout yung dvd player ko. kumpleto front left/right, rear right/center, center, sub out.

nga pla, ask ko lang kung yung front left and right ba meaning the left and right of me facing the speakers? what about the rear left and right? sorry kung medyo may pagka nonsense yung question ko, just wanna make sure im doing the right way.

Offline maglite

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 08:35 PM »
mga sir, you can also check out Konzert AVR500-R model... this is a good option also. ;)

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 09:10 PM »
mga sir, you can also check out Konzert AVR500-R model... this is a good option also. ;)

ok ng daw yang konzert kaya lang ive read in here na nagrereset yung volume pag pinatay mo yung unit. how true is this? and what does the AVR500-R have that sakura  387doesn't?

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Sep 29, 2004 at 09:11 PM »
mga sir, ive read here na may workaround kung pano makakasabay yung volume ng sub sa master volume. pls post it again here kung sin nakakaalam. thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 10:19 AM »
Left meaning, your left when you're facing the tv, right, your right when facing the tv, for the rears, your left still when facing the tv, and  the same goes for the right.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 07:02 PM »
guys, pano nga pala makakasabay yung sound ng subwoofer dun sa overall volume? kindly post naman the process. my sub is a US Audio 512 MK2.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 08:06 PM »
guys, pano nga pala makakasabay yung sound ng subwoofer dun sa overall volume? kindly post naman the process. my sub is a US Audio 512 MK2.

Simple solution my frend:  sa DVD player ka na lang mag-adjust ng volume... dala nun lahat ng channels ng Konzert mo, oo pati yung subwoofer!

Ü
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Sep 30, 2004 at 08:43 PM »

Simple solution my frend:  sa DVD player ka na lang mag-adjust ng volume... dala nun lahat ng channels ng Konzert mo, oo pati yung subwoofer!

Ü

wala po sir volume control of any kind yung dvd player ko(philips 642k). this player lacks controls kasi. so ang option na lang is by wiring. baka may alam dito kung pano paki post po. thanks

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 03:19 PM »

You can do this by tapping into the speaker out of your amp. Bale instead of line out, sa speaker ka mag out. May speaker in na terminals ang 512, then speaker out papunta sa fronts mo. This is bound to work.  :)

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Oct 01, 2004 at 06:43 PM »

You can do this by tapping into the speaker out of your amp. Bale instead of line out, sa speaker ka mag out. May speaker in na terminals ang 512, then speaker out papunta sa fronts mo. This is bound to work.  :)

sir, di ko magets. paki simplify naman po.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Oct 02, 2004 at 12:25 PM »
Di ba, presently, ang front speakers nakakabit sa likod ng amp mo? Ngayon, ikabit mo ang sub sa amp. I-konek mo ang speaker wires na galing sa amp to your sub, then get another pair of speaker wires to connect your fronts to the speaker out of your sub. Bale, amp speaker out to sub speaker in, then sub speaker out to front speakers. Ayos?  ;D

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Oct 02, 2004 at 06:33 PM »
sir, i think you are referring to the line level input via RCA. ive tried it already. i connected the front speaker out to the subs line in and connected the subs line out to the line in of the amp. it doesn't work. the subs volume is still stagnant.

any other workaround sir? if you are referring to the high level strategy how can it be done? because i find high level confusing. sorry sir if i can't absorb things as fast as other people can. its just that i just want to make things clear before i do something. baka kasi bigla na lang masunog yung speaker ko and stuff like that. im a newbie pa kasi so i need all the help i can get. syensya na po.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2004 at 10:48 PM by markygail »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Oct 03, 2004 at 07:30 PM »
sir, i think you are referring to the line level input via RCA. ive tried it already. i connected the front speaker out to the subs line in and connected the subs line out to the line in of the amp. it doesn't work. the subs volume is still stagnant.

any other workaround sir? if you are referring to the high level strategy how can it be done? because i find high level confusing. sorry sir if i can't absorb things as fast as other people can. its just that i just want to make things clear before i do something. baka kasi bigla na lang masunog yung speaker ko and stuff like that. im a newbie pa kasi so i need all the help i can get. syensya na po.

It's like this, pretend that your sub is like any ordinary speaker. Check the connections of your sub unit, merong line level input and output, then meron din ng speaker level input and output. Dun mo dapat i-konek yung sub mo. Line level, meaning, di pa sya na-aamplify. Pag speaker or high level, that means amplified na yung signal. So, the only time na may masusunog, kung meron man, is kung i-kokonek mo yung high/speaker level output sa line level input. So make sure you don't do that. Yes, I'm actually referring you to go the high level strategy, because this seems to be the only way with amps that do not have a separate volume control for the sub volume, like sakura amps.

So, again, use regular speaker wires to connect your sub to your amp via speaker level. Remember! Speaker level out of the amp to speaker level in of the sub, then, speaker level out of the sub to the front speakers. That should be your connection. And it's bound to work. Di ka dapat matakot as long as the same ang input/output level ng connections mo. HIH. ;D

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Oct 03, 2004 at 09:18 PM »
Sir, it po yung di ko magets:

"Speaker level out of the amp to speaker level in of the sub"

.....Saang speaker level out po ba ng amp? kasi the only speaker out ng amp ko is the 5.1 channel lang(FR.FL,SR,SR and Center). wala ng iba. although meron ngang speaker level in and out yung sub ko. pareho lang po yung speaker level and high level diba? synonym lang sila. high level kasi yung nakalabel sa sub ko.

Tska if ever magawa ko itong high level process, puwede pa din ako gumamit ng line level?

Offline juneaki

• DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 08:50 AM »
Sir, it po yung di ko magets:

"Speaker level out of the amp to speaker level in of the sub"

.....Saang speaker level out po ba ng amp? kasi the only speaker out ng amp ko is the 5.1 channel lang(FR.FL,SR,SR and Center). wala ng iba. although meron ngang speaker level in and out yung sub ko. pareho lang po yung speaker level and high level diba? synonym lang sila. high level kasi yung nakalabel sa sub ko.

Tska if ever magawa ko itong high level process, puwede pa din ako gumamit ng line level?

Sir, hindi mo na gagamitin yung subwoofer out ng ampli mo. Instead, yung speaker wires na dati nakakabit sa front speakers(left and right)  mo ay dun sa speaker in terminal (left at right) na ng subwoofer mo ikakabit. Then, kuha ka ng another set of speaker wires at mula dun sa speaker out (left at right) ng subwoofer, ikakabit mo naman ito sa front speakers mo, left and right respectively.

Hope this helps.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 09:36 AM »

Sir, hindi mo na gagamitin yung subwoofer out ng ampli mo. Instead, yung speaker wires na dati nakakabit sa front speakers(left and right)  mo ay dun sa speaker in terminal (left at right) na ng subwoofer mo ikakabit. Then, kuha ka ng another set of speaker wires at mula dun sa speaker out (left at right) ng subwoofer, ikakabit mo naman ito sa front speakers mo, left and right respectively.

Hope this helps.

sayang di ko na magagamit yung subwoofer out ko. :-[ sayang din yung cable ko. rg6 pa naman terminated with monster rca plugs.

oh no... :-\ yung speaker wire kasi nitong jvc speakers(fronts) ay built in. wala siyang binding post or anything. basta yung speaker wire ay nakakabit sa loob ng speaker. tapos yung speaker na wire na gamit eh 22ga pa ata to. super nipis. mga 1 meter lang ata yung length ng speaker wire nito. pano kayang gagawin ko? puwede bang dugtungan ko na lang tapos i'll cover it with electrical tape?

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 10:09 AM »
.....puwede bang dugtungan ko na lang tapos i'll cover it with electrical tape?

Yes, pwede mo namang dugtungan yang wire basta ingat lang, be sure na tama ang polarity nung wire na idudugtong mo at maayos ang pagkaka-tape para iwas shorted ka.  Para mas ok ang pagkakadugtong, mas maigi sana kung iso-solder mo pa yung dugtong.

Ü
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 10:24 AM »
Ok lang yun, bro marky, kung di mo na magamit yung sub cable mo, itago mo lang, pero kung ayaw mo, bigay mo na lang sa kin(JOKE!). hehe. ;D I think okay na siguro explanation ni bro june at ni bro fn. Ingat.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Oct 04, 2004 at 10:47 PM »
mga bossing.may speaker wire na ko dito. try ko bukas yung high level connection. im so tired na kasi, sinet up ko yung WH2 ko. hehe.  ;D mids and highs, suabeng suabe!  ;)