Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 325997 times)

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #450 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 07:48 AM »
mga bossing.may speaker wire na ko dito. try ko bukas yung high level connection. im so tired na kasi, sinet up ko yung WH2 ko. hehe.  ;D mids and highs, suabeng suabe!  ;)

Sir, sa DVD player mo, i-disable o i-off mo yung subwoofer para i-channel nya sa fronts yung low frequency effects. That way, ie-enhance nya ang bass output ng fronts. Enjoy watching and listening.

Offline markygail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #451 on: Oct 05, 2004 at 08:46 AM »

Sir, sa DVD player mo, i-disable o i-off mo yung subwoofer para i-channel nya sa fronts yung low frequency effects. That way, ie-enhance nya ang bass output ng fronts. Enjoy watching and listening.

sir, walang sub off ang dvd player ko and may active sub naman ako.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 12:45 PM »
mga sirs any review of sakura av-388? mas mura sya sa av-387 by P900. may am/fm tuner din kaso 150watts lang daw sabi sa paul vincent. iniisip ko ma-maximize kaya nya kung mag dtx 5.1 ako?

advice naman po.

Offline markygail

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 07:05 PM »
mga sirs any review of sakura av-388? mas mura sya sa av-387 by P900. may am/fm tuner din kaso 150watts lang daw sabi sa paul vincent. iniisip ko ma-maximize kaya nya kung mag dtx 5.1 ako?

advice naman po.

sakura are good amps but for me its aesthetical design is not pleasing to my eye. nothing here against sakura users, its just my personal opinion. and at 150watts its good enough lalo na kung floorstander ang gagamitin mo. pero kung bookshelfs lang, i wouldn't recommend it kasi most bookshelfs are rated at a max of 100 watts. masusunog ang speakers mo pag nilakasan mo. ako i bought the Konzert AV500R kasi bookshelf lang gamit ko. 100watts for the fronts and it works like a charm. paired with wharfedale WH2 rear and center together w/ my US AUDIO 512 MK2. ;)

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 05:22 PM »
can sakura av-387 amplify subs? i have a pair of dtx 9.5b for fronts and planning to use an old passive sub rated only 40watts. is it possible? at least for the meantime.

thanks.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2004 at 05:23 PM by Heartbreak Kid »

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 12:52 PM »
can sakura av-387 amplify subs? i have a pair of dtx 9.5b for fronts and planning to use an old passive sub rated only 40watts. is it possible? at least for the meantime.

thanks.

The sub out of the Sakura 387 is a line level output, meaning it cant amplify a passive sub, but you can use this passive sub by connecting it to the front speaker B outs of the amp and connecting your dtx 9.5b fronts to the front speaker A terminals, or you could connect the sub via either A or B Speaker terminals and connect your front speakers to the sub's speaker out terminals, if it has that. But i'd go for the first method. HIH.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 03:16 PM »
The sub out of the Sakura 387 is a line level output, meaning it cant amplify a passive sub, but you can use this passive sub by connecting it to the front speaker B outs of the amp and connecting your dtx 9.5b fronts to the front speaker A terminals,

in case i did this, what will be the role of my passive sub now? sub pa rin ba or one of the fronts na lang?  ::)

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #457 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 03:31 PM »

in case i did this, what will be the role of my passive sub now? sub pa rin ba or one of the fronts na lang?  ::)

I think it will function as front and at the same time subwoofer. Your passive sub will enhance the low frequency sound channeled to the fronts. Gagawin nyang mas malalim ang bass sound kung nasa audio listening mode ka. Pero iba pa rin pagdating sa HT mode kasi yung mga low frequncy effects ay talagang sa subwoofer out (LFE channel or .1 ng 5.1) lang lumalabas at kailangan nito ang active subwoofer.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Oct 18, 2004 at 01:34 PM »
mga bro suggestions naman. i got my av-387 and dtx 9.5b last sat (oct 18) sa raon. i tried the fm tuner & was quite impressed. but when i tried it with my newly bought cd, it failed my expectations. prang basag at di detailed ung tunog. prang mas maganda pa pag nsa tuner mode. samantalang nung tinest ung cd sa raon, napakaganda ng 2nog. so, definitely hindi sa cd ang problem. btw, im using philips 727k dvd player. i tried all connections, from l/r and fl/fl of my dvd player to aux, dvd & ac-3 of the av-387 pro ganun pa rin. is this the case of the so called breaking-in period? pro bat ganun, medyo ok naman sa tuner mode? syanga pala i have set na rin the fronts to high and off the center, sr and sub to my dvd player since fronts pa lang meron ako.

pls enlighten me. d ako makapagyabang sa wife ko :'(

thanks.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Oct 18, 2004 at 04:10 PM »
Yang 387 mo ba may adjustment ng speaker impedance sa likod?  Kung meron, baka mali ang setting mo, check it out.  Another thing, check your speaker's phasing!  Tingnan mo kung yung (+) ng amp speaker out ay pumunta sa (+) ng speaker mo, ganun din yung sa (-) nya; check both left and right channel be sure walang salengkwang sa connections mo.  Malakas makawala ng bass ang out-of-phased na speakers.  Hope this helps.

Ü
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline bauer

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Oct 19, 2004 at 12:46 PM »
question on sakura owners, pag AC3, using 5.1 disc, ok ung tunog, separated.  when using cd audio, and set the avr to DVD, talaga bng lahat ng speaker ay same ang tunog?

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: Oct 19, 2004 at 02:22 PM »
Many receivers have this stereo mode in 5.1 or 6.1 or 7.1 when playing stereo-only material like CD or LP.  So all the speakers on the left will have the same LEFT signal and all the speakers on the right will have the same RIGHT signals.  The center speaker would have both, I think. I guess this may be the counterpart to your Sakura's DVD mode on a CD source. 

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Oct 20, 2004 at 02:47 PM »
question on sakura owners, pag AC3, using 5.1 disc, ok ung tunog, separated.  when using cd audio, and set the avr to DVD, talaga bng lahat ng speaker ay same ang tunog?

Does your sakura amp have a 5.1 dvd input? Some Sakura amps have built in prologic processors that when you play a cd and switch it to vcd/cd input mode, you can utilize the processing, some don't and the signals are are output on only the fronts, like a regular stereo set up if set at dvd input. If your sakura doesn't have a processor, it will sound the way you said on any input except the 5.1 dvd input, if you already input all the 5 channels of your dvd player to the amp and it sounds this way, something's wrong. It's probably not really a 5 channel amp.

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Oct 20, 2004 at 11:50 PM »

I believe there's a button on the remote that let you choose 2Ch, 3Ch and 5Ch, try pressing this button.

Offline bauer

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Oct 26, 2004 at 12:39 PM »

Does your sakura amp have a 5.1 dvd input? Some Sakura amps have built in prologic processors that when you play a cd and switch it to vcd/cd input mode, you can utilize the processing, some don't and the signals are are output on only the fronts, like a regular stereo set up if set at dvd input. If your sakura doesn't have a processor, it will sound the way you said on any input except the 5.1 dvd input, if you already input all the 5 channels of your dvd player to the amp and it sounds this way, something's wrong. It's probably not really a 5 channel amp.

Yes, it has a 5.1 dvd input.  It's Sakura AV 387.  When using 5.1 disc and set the AVR to AC3 mode, it's ok, the sounds are separated on each channel.  However, when playing a cd, and set to DVD or AC3 mode, the sounds are the same on all speaker.  I thought it will be decoded by the avr.  Does sakura 387 has this feature?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Oct 27, 2004 at 11:53 AM »
You'd have to set the amp to a 2 channel input, cd/vcd or aux,  etc... When the amp is set at 5.1 mode, the decoder cannot be utilized because it acts as an amplifier only. You have to switch to the aux mode to utilize the dsp modes and prologic processor.  ;D

Offline bauer

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Oct 28, 2004 at 12:28 PM »
You'd have to set the amp to a 2 channel input, cd/vcd or aux,  etc... When the amp is set at 5.1 mode, the decoder cannot be utilized because it acts as an amplifier only. You have to switch to the aux mode to utilize the dsp modes and prologic processor.  ;D

Ganun b, dapat 2 ch mode, so stereo lng output nya.  I though kc capable ung Sakura 387 to decode as 5.1 effect ung stereo sources.  Thanks anyway.  I'm planning na rin to upgrade.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Oct 28, 2004 at 02:26 PM »
Nope, stereo lang output nya if you use the 2ch mode ng amp, but if you use the 5 ch mode(Prologic), the stereo signal will be Matrixed to all the 5 channels. If your 387 doesn't have prologic, look at your dvd plyer's set-up and check if it has dolby prologic.

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Nov 11, 2004 at 11:48 AM »
question lang po, in the LCD of Sakura Av377 there is an arrow pointing at Normal, is there a selection to put in Wide or Phantom mode? i can't seem to find the settings.
also on the display are BBE and SRS, can it be selected? thanks.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Nov 11, 2004 at 05:44 PM »

The sub out of the Sakura 387 is a line level output, meaning it cant amplify a passive sub, but you can use this passive sub by connecting it to the front speaker B outs of the amp and connecting your dtx 9.5b fronts to the front speaker A terminals, or you could connect the sub via either A or B Speaker terminals and connect your front speakers to the sub's speaker out terminals, if it has that. But i'd go for the first method. HIH.  ;D

sir what if i'd just connect my fronts to front speaker AB outs of the ampli, then sa idle terminal na lang ng either front speaker A or B ko iko-connect ung passive sub ko. kc ung setup sa taas, magiging mono na ung sound ng fronts ko, kc sa iisang speaker out lang cla ng ampli nakakabit. tama ba ako sir?  thanks ulit.

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Nov 18, 2004 at 07:58 AM »
question lang po, in the LCD of Sakura Av377 there is an arrow pointing at Normal, is there a selection to put in Wide or Phantom mode? i can't seem to find the settings.
also on the display are BBE and SRS, can it be selected? thanks.

anyone would like to help??? TIA

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Nov 18, 2004 at 10:09 AM »
I'm sure you can use the phantom and wide functions granting it really has prologic. I don't think you can select the BBE and SRS modes because I'm quite certain it doesn't have these processors built in. It's just on the FD of the front panel since Sakura uses such displays on other models that do have these fuctions. In other words, they sometimes use the same parts on different models. HIH.  ;D

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 11:31 AM »
what button would i press to select wide and phantom modes? where it the settings be found, on the front display or remotecontrol?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 12:49 PM »
what button would i press to select wide and phantom modes? where it the settings be found, on the front display or remotecontrol?

Bro, try looking for a button that says Center Mode. My amp's center mode is located on the front panel but not on the remote. Try to PM others who have this model.  ;)

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 01:00 PM »
what model do you have sir art? i have a sakura av377

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 02:18 PM »
what model do you have sir art? i have a sakura av377

AV1600. ;D

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 02:43 PM »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 11:19 AM »

nice  ;D

Ok lang. Made me happy when I was just starting. What I usually don't like about Sakuras is that they don't have a volume adjustment for the fronts, and the result is the fronts overpower the other speakers. And the fronts usually have a higher power rating than the other channels, which only makes it worse since the front speakers are usually of the best quality.  ;)

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 01:02 PM »
kaya adjust na lang sa center and rear surrounds ang kelangan para ma-compliment ang fronts.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 01:09 PM »
Nope, even at max volume for center and surrounds, malakas pa rin ang fronts. At least this is the case with the 1600 and the 1800, what a friend did was connect a potentionmeter to both the front speaker outs to regulate the volume. Turned out great. I'm not so sure if this is necessary with the 377 or 387, since I never got to audition any intensively.  ;D