Author Topic: Buying Tips for the NEXT ASTROPLUS SALE!!!  (Read 18455 times)

Offline riverfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Buying Tips for the NEXT ASTROPLUS SALE!!!
« Reply #30 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 07:05 PM »
It's just so frustating to see all those DVDs in the counter na nakatali pa. Dapat pala nakipagsigawan din ako and insisted on getting those Alladin R1s on the counter. (j.k.)

same here. saw a couple of aladdins sa counter.  :-X

mukhang wala nang r1s sa upcoming sale.  :-[

-------------------

i also agree on getting titles you really really want. ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2005 at 07:10 PM by riverfan »

Offline upinsmoke

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 07:10 PM »
Or if you're in a long queue for something (bank, store, buffet table, etc) and someone cuts in and successfully gets away with it, then I guess there's nothing wrong with it. Even if the others in line are glaring at him and are too polite to say anything, to heck with them right? In fact they're probably thinking, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!". :D

That's how it is here isn't it?  The mentality of people here is singit-singit, paunahan, to each its own, and look for opportunistic way to exploit.  Just look at how people here drive.  I personally don't do the reserve thing.  All I'm saying is, it's Astros job to lay down the rules and enforce it.  If they say "no reservation will be held during sales event" then enforce it.  It's easier than trying to reason with 1000 people not to reserve.

If you guys want to make a difference then follow my first suggestion.  Everytime there's a sale, have you and your friends call up Astro and reserve 50 titles under 5 different name.  When you get there, pick up only the ones you need and leave the rest.  Make sure you reserve the hard to find titles too even if you have no intention on buying them.  When you get home, do it again.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #32 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 07:14 PM »
No need to go through the trouble. Astro made it clear they would not allow reservations anymore. Apparently a lot of members complained so they got the message.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 09:21 PM »
having said that, i hope ASTRO (or the studios) would provide a list of titles on sale as reference. i am not a local R3 collector but would grab the opportunity to splurge given the price reduction and number of available titles.

8) 

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 10:05 PM »
goody! no more reservations! it was really a pain seeing titles you want already set aside for someone who could not even muster the effort to be there for the sale and some of those stacks behind the counter had multiple copies of the same titles...  >:(

anyway, another tip is to go arounf the store... don't stick to the tables set up for the sale dvds like at the Astro Podium sale... the store has several shelves for dvds at different sections in the store so some titles that are no longer available at the table may still be found on the shelves...  ;D

one more... don't be afraid to ask the Astro sales people for assistance especially kung mestizahin na cute  ;D

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 10:48 PM »
here's a tip - when you make a list , survey the store layout, familiarize yourself of the arrangements of DVDs on the shelf and be sure to be there just when the store opens its doors.  after that proceed directly to the intended titles.  ;)

also if there are special display tables / counters based on manufacturing company, try to categorize them accordingly like Viva, Warner, C-interactive - para iwasan  ;D

you're definitely not going to waste time searching for the titles you may or may not like.  after all Astroplus DVD Sale's are pretty much like the Amazing Race.  ;)

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #36 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 12:49 AM »

anyway, another tip is to go around the store... don't stick to the tables set up for the sale dvds like at the Astro Podium sale... the store has several shelves for dvds at different sections in the store so some titles that are no longer available at the table may still be found on the shelves...  ;D

one more... don't be afraid to ask the Astro sales people for assistance especially kung mestizahin na cute  ;D

hmm...sir eli,nice advice. ;)......about by not sticking at the table set up for sale dvd's and maybe you'll find your luck on what dvd's your looking for on these "several shelves"  that may noe be available on that sale table...BUT your last pahabol catches our attention ..and hindi mo na tuloy alam na medyo madami ka nang bitbit or puno na basket mo ;) :D

i have listed down na what titles i like most, first on my list are those titles na matagal ko nang hinahanap.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #37 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 08:26 AM »
What i usually do during sales like this is to go on the second and last day only after checking out the thread and comments made by fellow members on what and what not to get based on their experience he he he kuha muna ng tip. Then i make a list of all the titles im intersted in and just ask nicely one of the corteous saleslady around to get it for me,while i browse around for additional titles not on the list,this way i maximize my time in the store ;D ;D ;D . only problem lang is kung pagod na saleslady and she just tells you that the titles are already out of stocks(without really looking) :( :(

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #38 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 10:28 AM »
With limited funds...

Try to get muna those titles that are still sold at regular prices.

Magnavision Titles  -  Get those 895 & 999 titles first for the 3 for 999.  Delay those being sold for 375 as if you
                                  get three naman, you'll just save P126.

Warner                   -  Prioritize those titles with the biggest discounts first.  Usually these are the 895 titles
                                  sold for 425.

Disney / Fox           -  Get those 250 titles which are currently not really on sale like Tarzan, Bambi & other Fox
                                  recent releases.

For the Magnavision, I was tempted to get every 2 disc DVDs they had for 333 like 6th Day & Jerry MaGuire.  But upon computation, even if I do get them for 375, I'll just be saving P126.  So better get titles like Hitch, Closer, Tears of the Sun EE since after the sale, they'll be back at 895.

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #39 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 08:21 PM »

only problem lang is kung pagod na saleslady and she just tells you that the titles are already out of stocks(without really looking) :( :(

happened to me several times...kaya...mga 2 saleslady pag tanugan,para sure.  :)

Offline chicboi

• Apprentice
  • Chic Boi in the house! ; )
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 10:36 AM »
When's the next sale going to be???  ;D

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 25, 2005 at 05:22 PM »
yeah,so when's the next SALE goin' to be?! ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #42 on: Nov 25, 2005 at 05:27 PM »
Probably next year na.

Offline Astroplus1

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM »
We'll update you guys here on the next Astro sale. Sayang, we had several in 2012 and during the Christmas Holidays!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #44 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 02:45 AM »
Does the sale cover blu-rays?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #45 on: Jan 10, 2013 at 04:39 AM »
Does the sale cover blu-rays?

+1

This forma t really needs some bigtime pushing from local stores.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #46 on: Feb 20, 2013 at 08:12 PM »

if you want sale bd's Astro V. has now a counter part. That's at Tri-noma digital exchange. go to the store behind Electro World the ones selling digicam, dslr's, you'll see inside a table of bd's selling for 700, 800 bucks. :) Though i get my bd's mostly here at Pdvd & not out there. :)

As for regular dvd's i don't think i want to buy at Astro again. The Johnny English dvd has a deleted scene. when i saw a download film of it, it was longer  by a few more minutes.

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #47 on: Feb 20, 2013 at 08:18 PM »

I forgot to mention do get dvd's at Astro V. if a small sticker on the dvd say's imported. It will not play on R1 dvd player unless your dvd player is region free. :)