Author Topic: DALI Speakers (Denmark)  (Read 199452 times)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re: DALI Speakers (Denmark)
« Reply #180 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 06:55 AM »
agree 100% with henry...the strength of the DALI is detail, detail, detail...plus the extended highs...bro, di pa siguro break in kaya may pagka-sibilant in some recordings...by the way, what speaker cables, INCs did you use?...and yes, mids are (again) to die for, the true characteristic of DALI speakers (even with the concept 2 and the Ikon 6)...busog ka rin naman sa bass...but give it more break in time and you'll hear (and expereince) the maximum potential of these florrstanders! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #181 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 08:27 AM »
agree 100% with henry...the strength of the DALI is detail, detail, detail...plus the extended highs...bro, di pa siguro break in kaya may pagka-sibilant in some recordings...by the way, what speaker cables, INCs did you use?...and yes, mids are (again) to die for, the true characteristic of DALI speakers (even with the concept 2 and the Ikon 6)...busog ka rin naman sa bass...but give it more break in time and you'll hear (and expereince) the maximum potential of these florrstanders! :D

Jen,

Ikon 6 is different from concept 6 in terms of smoothness :) :)

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 08:39 AM »
Jen,

Ikon 6 is different from concept 6 in terms of smoothness :) :)

yes, sir...i know...i've heard both, same amp, same source, same cables...was just highlighting the characteristics that are common to the DALI line of speakers...peace po, koya! :D

thanks! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 09:14 AM »
Gears used:

Turntable - Rega Planar 3 (RB300 tonearm) with Sumiko Blue Point No.2
CDP/SACD - Pioneer
Preamp - JD Labs Prerotica and AMX Linestage & Phono Preamp.
Amplifier - AMC 50Watt 6550 and Duntonic 6V6 Tube amp
Speaker wires - Analysis Plus
IC - DIY interconnect

Wharfedale 9.6

Good and clean bass extension; better and controlled highs; open, airiness to the sound with great focus and smoothness that matched well with iceman’s 6550 PP amp (50Watt). When shifted to akyat’s Duntonic 6V6 amp (10Watt), the sound becomes dull; it is not aggressive as before (might be due to speaker sensitivity).

DALI Concept 6

Very detailed and musical. I was amazed at how the instruments reproduced on classical LPs, as you can feel the weight of the notes (may “diin” according to fellow member), driving by akyat’s 6V6 amp. My experience with concept6 is like I’m listening to a SET tube amp.

Downside is when shifted to digital front-end, I find it harsh in the highs when played Audiophile Voices-I which i attribute it to low break in hours.

I believe both of them are good and have their own sonic character, careful matching of gears contributes a big part of high performance in the whole audio chain

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2005 at 09:16 AM by s2kov »

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 10:33 AM »
I have the same observation as Hans mentioned in his review on the high frequency section of the Concept 6, kumakalat yung sound niya in some tracks played. siguro it didn't matched with DIY silver IC.

Mids/LF? very impressive  :o; focus, detail and imaging is well presented.

Buttomline is still AUDITION with your current gears if you want to upgrade your speaker.  ;)

Offline kimosabe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 11:11 AM »
same observation hindi ko type yung kalansing ng Dali pero sa bass galing... especially dun sa drum track nung...  ::) ??? ano bang song yun  ;D

if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:10 PM »
yes, sir...i know...i've heard both, same amp, same source, same cables...was just highlighting the characteristics that are common to the DALI line of speakers...peace po, koya! :D

thanks! :D

hehehehe kaw ha di ka nagdrop by. ;D ;D

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #187 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:12 PM »
same observation hindi ko type yung kalansing ng Dali pero sa bass galing... especially dun sa drum track nung...  ::) ??? ano bang song yun  ;D

Time Out by Dave brubeck yun Kimo sayang napaaga uwi mo di mo narinig yun iba.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:16 PM »
Time Out by Dave brubeck yun Kimo sayang napaaga uwi mo di mo narinig yun iba.

rony

comment naman dyan since almost all the LP played are yours.. ;D ;D ;D

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:23 PM »
rony

comment naman dyan since almost all the LP played are yours.. ;D ;D ;D

oo nga rony ikaw yung nakaupo at nagbabad sa switchpad at nakarinig ng magandang combi last session na gusto  mo maduplicate sa setup mo ngayon.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:38 PM »
Jetok,

Heard from rony parang 2a3 nya daw tumunog less the bass konti.. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:39 PM »
hehehehe kaw ha di ka nagdrop by. ;D ;D

di na umabot, koya...nagtext ako kay akyat and kim...next time na lang ulit...

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:41 PM »
Gears used:

Turntable - Rega Planar 3 (RB300 tonearm) with Sumiko Blue Point No.2
CDP/SACD - Pioneer
Preamp - JD Labs Prerotica and AMX Linestage & Phono Preamp.
Amplifier - AMC 50Watt 6550 and Duntonic 6V6 Tube amp
Speaker wires - Analysis Plus
IC - DIY interconnect

Wharfedale 9.6

Good and clean bass extension; better and controlled highs; open, airiness to the sound with great focus and smoothness that matched well with iceman’s 6550 PP amp (50Watt). When shifted to akyat’s Duntonic 6V6 amp (10Watt), the sound becomes dull; it is not aggressive as before (might be due to speaker sensitivity).

DALI Concept 6

Very detailed and musical. I was amazed at how the instruments reproduced on classical LPs, as you can feel the weight of the notes (may “diin” according to fellow member), driving by akyat’s 6V6 amp. My experience with concept6 is like I’m listening to a SET tube amp.

Downside is when shifted to digital front-end, I find it harsh in the highs when played Audiophile Voices-I which i attribute it to low break in hours.

I believe both of them are good and have their own sonic character, careful matching of gears contributes a big part of high performance in the whole audio chain

I have the same observation as Hans mentioned in his review on the high frequency section of the Concept 6, kumakalat yung sound niya in some tracks played. siguro it didn't matched with DIY silver IC.

Mids/LF? very impressive :o; focus, detail and imaging is well presented.

Buttomline is still AUDITION with your current gears if you want to upgrade your speaker. ;)
same observation hindi ko type yung kalansing ng Dali pero sa bass galing... especially dun sa drum track nung... ::) ??? ano bang song yun ;D

thanks for the reviews...talagang kelangan ma-audition with your own gears...malaking factor yung pagigiing di pa broken in...thanks!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:41 PM »
di na umabot, koya...nagtext ako kay akyat and kim...next time na lang ulit...

Kailan ka pala maguuwi ng IKOn6 or Helicon parinig naman.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:44 PM »
Kailan ka pala maguuwi ng IKOn6 or Helicon parinig naman.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

A B A N G A N !!!  :o :o :o hehehehe!...iba na yan eh, patay tayo diyan! :D
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:48 PM by Superman »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:44 PM »
Guys,

Some pix of the guys attended the showdown.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=20400.new;boardseen#new

Offline kid

• DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:45 PM »
tama ka supes.... kaya kailangan mong dalhin yung 6550 amp mo para ma-audition yung Ikon 6 or Helicon  ;D ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 12:47 PM »
tama ka supes.... kaya kailangan mong dalhin yung 6550 amp mo para ma-audition yung Ikon 6 or Helicon ;D ;D

will try, atty...thanks! :D

Offline kid

• DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 01:06 PM »
FYI, hindi po ako atty  ;D ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 01:28 PM »
FYI, hindi po ako atty ;D ;D

ok na rin yun, hehehe! thanks PK! :D

Offline Control

• DVD Addict
  • Let your ears guide you!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 07:02 PM »
hmmm.... dami ng reviews...

Anyway, A million thanks to Sir Epoy for the home audition of the DALI Concept 6 Speakers... and to give my personal opinion on the Dali Concept 6 .

Concept 6

Gulat ako after hearing it our of the box... napaka-detailed (remember this is not yet fully broken in).. ang lutong tumunog ang galing but as what Master Kim have said medyo loose ng unti ang bass but the deepness is there.....After hearing so many lp tracks, the guys decided to switch to digital source via a pioneer cd player, that is when the highs came a little bit excessive as all of us noticed...My guess it's because of a matching dilemma...

My verdict:

It's better if you can audition this speaker with your own gears and let your ears decide...remember compatibility is the key...

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 12:12 AM »
The first time I listened to the Ikon 6 I thought it was also sibilant  but after several weeks with me, it became more refined. Detail was very good that I hear notes and instruments that I dont hear before. Sometimes "napapailing ako" how good this speakers in bringing out what was recorded. Even with music from Jaime Valle and Latin Guitars which are full of highs became pleasing to the ears. The smoothness was there but never ear piercing. Aside from the detail the wonderful mids are to die for. The imaging, separation and vocals was just perfect. If you listen to a group singing you would know the location of each singer. Its so good that you hear the singer breathing and the string vibration of guitars. The Dali had very low bass when it had no spikes but it might be my room also but when I installed the spikes, the bass became tight and musical. I would highly recommend this speakers not because I own one but because I really enjoyed owning one. I havent tried using it with my AVR but I will and will post further improvements. 

just sharing

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 07:05 AM »
hmmm.... dami ng reviews...

Anyway, A million thanks to Sir Epoy for the home audition of the DALI Concept 6 Speakers... and to give my personal opinion on the Dali Concept 6 .

Concept 6

Gulat ako after hearing it our of the box... napaka-detailed (remember this is not yet fully broken in).. ang lutong tumunog ang galing but as what Master Kim have said medyo loose ng unti ang bass but the deepness is there.....After hearing so many lp tracks, the guys decided to switch to digital source via a pioneer cd player, that is when the highs came a little bit excessive as all of us noticed...My guess it's because of a matching dilemma...

My verdict:

It's better if you can audition this speaker with your own gears and let your ears decide...remember compatibility is the key...
The first time I listened to the Ikon 6 I thought it was also sibilant but after several weeks with me, it became more refined. Detail was very good that I hear notes and instruments that I dont hear before. Sometimes "napapailing ako" how good this speakers in bringing out what was recorded. Even with music from Jaime Valle and Latin Guitars which are full of highs became pleasing to the ears. The smoothness was there but never ear piercing. Aside from the detail the wonderful mids are to die for. The imaging, separation and vocals was just perfect. If you listen to a group singing you would know the location of each singer. Its so good that you hear the singer breathing and the string vibration of guitars. The Dali had very low bass when it had no spikes but it might be my room also but when I installed the spikes, the bass became tight and musical. I would highly recommend this speakers not because I own one but because I really enjoyed owning one. I havent tried using it with my AVR but I will and will post further improvements.

just sharing

thanks for the reviews (again)...it may be the digital source that's why it's a bit sibilant vs. the other speakers...for me, if compared side by side with the soliloquy, dahil nasanay ako sa soliloquy w/ excellent midrange but rolled-off highs, i would "perceive" that the concept 6 or even the Ikon 6 would be sibilant...but probably a few more hours of break in (not only the speakers but "break-in" with the other associated equipment) will "tame everything...just my impression, thanks! :D

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 08:49 AM »
Just wondering, was the unit that was used during the session a demo unit or a new pair ?
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005 at 03:48 PM by john5479 »

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 09:05 AM »
Levi,

How many hours for the Ikon 6 to fully broken in?

Actually, i was surprised with Concept 6 using Duntonic amp which delivers 10Watt of power. The combination is superb, you'll feel the notes (nde bitin), the details and surprisingly the mids are to die for, which i only heard with SET amp.

Offline rossifumi46

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 09:56 AM »
Levi,

Actually, i was surprised with Concept 6 using Duntonic amp which delivers 10Watt of power. The combination is superb, you'll feel the notes (nde bitin), the details and surprisingly the mids are to die for, which i only heard with SET amp.

91dB 8 ohms... 10 watts.. looks like a match made in heaven....
feel the vibe, listen to the music, stir your soul

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 10:02 AM »
kaya nman nabuhayan ng loob si akyat sa amp nya! ;D

91dB 8 ohms... 10 watts.. looks like a match made in heaven....

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #207 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 10:45 AM »
Andy 15K tubo pa lang yun di pa kasama yun amp. :-[

Pero me dahilan naman di ba. :D

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 12:53 PM »
Levi,

Im not sure but I think very long. I only have mine for 3 weeks only and on an average of 2 hours a day of listening. If you were suprised with the Concept try to listen to the Ikon with SET.

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 01:42 PM »
Im not sure but I think very long. I only have mine for 3 weeks only and on an average of 2 hours a day of listening. If you were suprised with the Concept try to listen to the Ikon with SET.

s2kov,

talon na sa ikon 6 para no more upgrades.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005 at 01:44 PM by jetok »