Author Topic: CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!  (Read 221376 times)

Offline Aqua 2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi There!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
« on: Apr 26, 2002 at 12:47 AM »
Just got the complete set of HT/Audio Customs Speakers I ordered from Nirvblr.  All I can say is it's one of the best sounding and balanced speakers I have ever had.  Tried Criterion, Wharfdale, JBL, B&W, Infinity, etc. and the A Audio of Nirvblkr is highly recommended.
Very minimal adjustments needed.  I'm using a Harman Kardon AVR 4000 with it and adjustments are almost flat.
The Front and Center speakers are import killers talaga. Surround is also slightly above par. Ang linis talaga ng tunog.

SUPER SULIT TALAGA FOR HT AND AUDIO USE.  TO NIRVBLKR AND YOUR TEAM:  YOU JUST GAINED AN ENDORSER AND A SELLER OF YOUR SPEAKER.  MORE POWER TO YOUR GROUP. IBA TALAGA ANG PINOY!!! SALUDO AKO SA INYO!!!

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re:CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 05:32 AM »
Aqua2-  Thanks for the endorsement!  Enjoy your HT!

nirvblakr

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 07:00 AM »
i am planning to change the enclosure of my powered sub.

actually, the bass reproduction is okay. but it's a quite huge and wants to downsize to a klipsch replica.

what i/'ve got is a 15" klipsch sub with a local amplifier rated i guess at around 100w rms.

how mush would it cost me can yougive me ballpark figure?

thanks,

butch

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 10:08 AM »
rmpmla-  It depends on the enclosure if you wanted it front firing, downfiring or band pass.

Most probably the cost would be P1500-2k including pick-up and delivery.

Offline Aqua 2

• Collector
  • Hi There!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 10:54 AM »
NIRVBKR: Ang linis talaga ng tunog! I hope it stays that way for a long time:)

CO-MEMBERS: Since kompleto na basic set-up ng hts ko, anybody can suggest a site or materials I can get to learn how to arrange ideal speaker location, tweaking of my receiver for db gain for each speaker. In simple, I would appreciate any help re set-up tweaking. I'm familiar with audio set-up pero sa hts set-up, medyo mahina pa and would really like to learn. Sayang naman custom speakers ni Nirvbkr if I can't arrange location well.

SOS naman dyan? Thanks!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 11:02 AM »
Aqua2-  I suggest you contact sina Robertj and co. so you could borrow have your set-up calibrated.
I think the charge is just tsibug!  hehe!

Offline Knightro

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 02:43 PM »
NIRVBKR, how about custom made subwoofers, ala SVS or HSU, gumagawa ka ba?

Offline Aqua 2

• Collector
  • Hi There!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2002 at 03:37 PM »

Aqua2-  I suggest you contact sina Robertj and co. so you could borrow have your set-up calibrated.
I think the charge is just tsibug!  hehe!

As a starter, what's the ideal speaker location ba of front l/r and center. around how many feet from the listener's area? Ideal ba equal distance of front speakers and center?  What's the ideal distance between l & r front speakers?

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2002 at 08:03 AM »

rmpmla-  It depends on the enclosure if you wanted it front firing, downfiring or band pass.

Most probably the cost would be P1500-2k including pick-up and delivery.

nirvblakr,

the existing enclosure is down firing vented/bass reflex design with removal speaker grill.

enclosure footfrint is 25" X 25".

have seen a spec of klipsch enclosure with a footfrint of around 18.5" x 18.5" for a down firing  sub ( w/ vent at the back )

the finish could either be a flat black lacquer or with pvc black veneer.

i will  let you know if i you will be fabricating the enclosure.

thanks for the reply. :)

butch

Offline afterglow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2002 at 08:22 AM »
Aqua2,

Your front left, right and center speaker should all be of equal distance to the "sweet spot".  That means that your left and right speakers should be just a bit forward of your center speaker.  Make sure that you leave some free air around your speakers, specially if it's rear ported.  

The distance between your left and right speakers should be the same as the distance between each speaker and the "sweet spot".  Front left and right speakers and the "sweet spot" should form an equilateral triangle.

Your center speaker should be parallel or just hanging off the front edge of your display.

The tweeters of all three speakers should be as close to ear-level as possible.  Try not to have more than six inches difference in the tweeter level of the three front speakers.

Depending on the dispersion characteristics of your speaker, you can try experimenting with toeing-in your front left and right speakers.  When you toe-in, aim your speakers to a point just behind the "sweet spot".

Offline Aqua 2

• Collector
  • Hi There!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2002 at 10:06 PM »
Aqua2,

Your front left, right and center speaker should all be of equal distance to the "sweet spot".  That means that your left and right speakers should be just a bit forward of your center speaker.  Make sure that you leave some free air around your speakers, specially if it's rear ported.  

The distance between your left and right speakers should be the same as the distance between each speaker and the "sweet spot".  Front left and right speakers and the "sweet spot" should form an equilateral triangle.

Your center speaker should be parallel or just hanging off the front edge of your display.

The tweeters of all three speakers should be as close to ear-level as possible.  Try not to have more than six inches difference in the tweeter level of the three front speakers.

Depending on the dispersion characteristics of your speaker, you can try experimenting with toeing-in your front left and right speakers.  When you toe-in, aim your speakers to a point just behind the "sweet spot".

Thanks a lot afterglow.  Adjusted the positions of my speakers na based on your inputs and ok na overall sound. Konting adjustment na lang on the each speaker gain incl. subs and happy na ako:) walang mabiling audio meter cause all branches of Radio Shack has no more stock.  I guess I have to depend muna with the EZSET that came with my H/K AVR 4000.

Any more impt tweaking stuff that I have to do?

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2002 at 10:09 PM by Aqua 2 »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2002 at 10:14 PM »

NIRVBKR, how about custom made subwoofers, ala SVS or HSU, gumagawa ka ba?

We need more research on subs.  We can make the enclosure with the same dimensions as SVS or HSU Research but we are still on the process of matching with the right crossover.

Research is really expensive! :-\

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2002 at 10:17 PM »
rmpmla-  Just text me at 09175298004 if you want the enclosure fabricated . thanks!

afterglow- Thanks for shedding your intelligent views of speaker placement for others to benefit.

nirvblakr

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
NIRVKLARS Sub and Speakers
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2003 at 03:06 PM »
Hey Sub-hunters,

Do you want to demolish your house? Hehehe! biro lang!--- ;D Pero we can do that easily. How? ok use my 600W 15" custom made sub made by Nirvbklar… ;)

Yes guys, the sub finally arrived last Saturday and it does not only rock my house, it chipped off some of the hardened putty in some windows of my house considering that my HT is right in the middle of my house's 36 sqm open living room. Initially I closed all the windows and all doors of my house. I played the Eagle's  Hotel California because I like the drum beat of that song in its initial passages. My receiver is on 30 DB and the sub is at volume of 12 o'clock, bass at 3 and power also at 3. BOOOOOOOOM! BOOOOOOOOM! BOOOOOOOOOM! the sub went heavily. My son shouted at me and said "Dad ang Lakass naman nyan!"  I heard the cracking sound of our windows but it sounded nice as it goes with the rhythm of the hard bass of the song. later the cracking sound went louder so I inspected the window panel where the sound was coming and  discovered that some of the hardened putty chipped off.

At that moment my wife was also yelling at me because the dogs of our neighbors were disturbed and barking heavily, I cant even hear them. That’s only the time I lowered the volume of the sub to 9 o'clock, and found that level to be just enough for my house. I also played my "Malabon Brass Band CD" which has a very strong bass drum signal which to me is a recording problem i supposed. The cracking sound of the windows came in again.BOOOOOOM! BOOOOOOOM! BOOOOOOM! I went out to hear it outside my house, I walked away around 50 meters and I can only hear now the heavy bass drum.

Next to play was the "Godzilla" I like it very much when godzilla was walking in between buildings on the early part of the movie.. BAAAAAAAAAG! BAAAAAAAAAAG! BAAAAAAAAG! The sub's 15" woofer seemingly would like to fly off. After that movie, I felt the thing I usually experience when I see a movie in SM, that is a high freq tone humming over my ears. Hehehehe! With that sub, I really felt like I watched that movie in a big movie house.  

Do you wanna ask me if m satisfied with that sub? Hehehe I hope you wont ask me this question. Ive heard a DQ and a USAudio and these i think, would pale in comparison with this sub now, of course that is in consideration of my HT room which is wide and open. Dapat ang gamit ko nga daw is a big size Velo which to me is too pricey for a newbie like me. With this 600w 15" custom made to my rqmnts, wala na akong hahanapin pa ;D Price? i think this sub belongs to the mid-priced category.

To be frank, I really appreciate how NIRVKLAR and ANTONY, the speaker master, work with my requirements. Truly, these two guys know the real meaning of the term, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION by heart. When I ordered one, they delivered right away in my house in SJDM, Bulacan and they are from Paranaque. It was there first time to do a sub for a PIONEER  receiver. Most of their customers are using the DENONS, YAMMIES or the ONKYOS. Admittedly, I noticed a mismatch w my receiver. The sub was working well when they tested it with a DENON. But the PIONEER cannot give a good bass signal to the sub. That was also my fear because beforehand I already heard some reviews about the PIONEER's unrefined sub signal. But I tested it for several days.  I can't get the right sound, so I called up NIRVKLAR. They pulled it out did some enhancement, etc.etc. on the amp, including coating the sub with fiberglass to make it more stable. I let them go with my receiver too, to guarantee a 100% matching. For about two weeks "lungkot to death tayo." Sabi ko sa sarili ko, "konting tiis, wala tayon 30K to buy a sub that can power up my room."

But finally nga, they delivered the sub last Saturday, and the rest of the story speaks now for itself.

Speaking of SPEAKERS, NIRVKLAR and ANTONY also brought a pair of bookshelf speakers for me to hear it. OH boy! If I only have the money for those speakers I should have let them stay with me. I don’t know how they do it but the drivers of the speakers, I think are only 4" but it sounded maybe 10 times better than my locally distributed 10" floor stander. It sounded like those I heard from Audio Den, Commonwealth, which are priced more than 15K a pair. But yet, these custom made speakers are only 5K. Maybe for you out there who are scouting for high end speakers like the Sonus, B&W, Mission, etc. before you finally let go with your money with these speakers, audition first the custom-made speakers of NIRVKLAR and ANTONY. For your pocket's sake. It is said "you can go high with your sound but not go down with its price."

NIRVKLAR and ANTONY------------ THANKS!

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re:NIRVKLARS Sub and Speakers
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2003 at 04:44 PM »
Congrats jerix...isa pa da best din ang customer service nang mga yan ;)
Walang Setup

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2003 at 06:25 PM »
jerix-  Enjoy your HT bro!  We also learned a lot from your receiver!   ;)

BTW, we are not related to Ganz Klar. Hehe! 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2003 at 06:39 PM by nirvblakr »

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2003 at 10:41 PM »
you should hear my floorstander that just uses a 6 inch driver and silk dome tweeter, it can go down to 25 Hz  ;) and its cutoff is 20 Hz

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 08:05 AM »
john,

anong speakers mo, custom made din ba?
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 08:55 AM »
sir NIRV,

sorry for the spelling of your name----- NIRVBLAKR pala! ;D

m just wonderin NIRV bakit sa pandinig ko gumanda ung response ng mga speakers ko with that 600W 15" new sub?  ::)

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 09:07 AM »
Hey SUB-HUNTERS,

if u wanna audition this sub, come bring your toys during weekends kantahan at inuman na rin tayo sa bahay----- ;D kauubos lang ng blue label ko last saturday-- :'( kaya EMPERADOR na lang hehehe! ;D

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 11:17 AM »
yup custom made din

Offline listener

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 01:30 PM »
Nirv

How do I get in touch with you? Im thinking of buying a subwoofer for my living room but almost all of the subs that I see in the market are just plain jane black boxes that look out of place in my living room.  Here are my specs:

1. must be 15 inch powered sub.  Subwoofer will be used to extend bass freq of a pair of floorstanders.
2. enclosure must be glass topped so that I can disguise it as a side table
3. kaya ba custom finish?

PM me. Thanks and more power to your business

Offline Goliath

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 02:46 PM »
NIRVKLAR,

sent u a pm

Offline tuff_u_gong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • emancipate yourselves from mental slavery!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 03:16 PM »
hi sir nirv!

do you have an estimate of the speaker efficiency of the wharfedale's after your friend does the crossover tweak?

do you think it can it go as high as 94dB?

thanks!

Offline Aqua 2

• Collector
  • Hi There!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 07:12 PM »
Congrats jerix...isa pa da best din ang customer service nang mga yan ;)

I 2nd the motion sa mga custom made speakers & service ng A Audio of Nirvblakr & Anthony. The best talaga.  I bought my 5 speakers from them for almost a year na and the quality of the sounds is just getting better.  I tried it side by side w/ my gf's Infinity top of the line Kappa Series and wow! neck to neck ang sound and clarity.  Ano kaya secret ng mga ito??? Nirvblakr & Anthony, Saludo ako sa inyo!!!

Offline migs

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
what about tube traps?
« Reply #25 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 09:21 PM »
Hey nirvblaker, what about making custom room treatment stuff like sound panels and tube traps. I'm sure a lot of the guys at pinoydvd and at wiredstate forums would be interested, I certainly would be. Here's a nice site showing how to make tube traps:
http://www.teresaudio.com/haven/traps/traps.html
you guys can do it!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 07:33 AM »
sir NIRV,

sorry for the spelling of your name----- NIRVBLAKR pala! ;D

m just wonderin NIRV bakit sa pandinig ko gumanda ung response ng mga speakers ko with that 600W 15" new sub?  ::)

Remember that an additional subwoofer in your set-up would give life and body to your home theater.

Others would give clarity of the mids and highs as a priority and a little of bass.  

Guess your preference is more on the bass/LFE side.  No wonder you had that particular sub custom made. ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 07:50 AM »
listener and goliath- sent you both pms :D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 08:06 AM »
hi sir nirv!

do you have an estimate of the speaker efficiency of the wharfedale's after your friend does the crossover tweak?

do you think it can it go as high as 94dB?

thanks!

Definitely based on our customers who had their Wharfe's tweaked, they became easier to drive.  The mids became more distinct, clearer and forward.  Bass were more pronounced.  The highs had only a little improvement due to the tweeters limitations.

Regarding sensitivity, I doubt it if it will reach as high as 94dB but it would increase its sensitivity by at least +1dB.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 08:41 AM »
migs-we will update if we can do it ;)