Author Topic: CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!  (Read 224434 times)

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
« Reply #1650 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 05:09 PM »
Thanks for the reference to the Audioholics article. I have been thinking about this exact issue for the past week. The problem is comb filtering.

Let me try it out both ways.

actually i've tested this, the effect is obvious if you're not at the center of the listening area, parang kalat ang dialogue.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1651 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 05:33 PM »
how about the Sub sir mark? coz im letting go of my set up on sunday. i believe he didnt bring the sub to your place para sa sat.

also, same pa din ba price ng center ngayon  na 4woofers na? lastly, yung rear, yan din yung unang pair ng clones na lumabas na meron kame ni bro aynas?

thanks!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1652 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 06:19 PM »
how about the Sub sir mark? coz im letting go of my set up on sunday. i believe he didnt bring the sub to your place para sa sat.

also, same pa din ba price ng center ngayon  na 4woofers na? lastly, yung rear, yan din yung unang pair ng clones na lumabas na meron kame ni bro aynas?

thanks!

i dont think anthony will bring his sub for testing. naawa na si sir mark kay anthony.  :)

for the rears, its the same bookshelves that we already have brader anchit. may dipoles ba ang response series? ma google nga....  :)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1653 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 06:33 PM »
i dont think anthony will bring his sub for testing. naawa na si sir mark kay anthony.  :)

for the rears, its the same bookshelves that we already have brader anchit. may dipoles ba ang response series? ma google nga....  :)

yan din tanong ko ke anthony, lets wait and see daw.

kamusta kaya yung sub? ???

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1654 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 06:37 PM »
yan din tanong ko ke anthony, lets wait and see daw.

kamusta kaya yung sub? ???

walang dipoles ang response series or any other series of proac for that matter.  :P

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1655 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 06:52 PM »

About bro Macdon's comment na "sayang walang ganito" when we were starting - while I share the same sentiment, I guess we couldn't reach this pinnacle of achievement if we didn't go through what I believe was a necessary learning process, each step (and hardware) an important piece of this process.

Yes, I believe you are correct. If we havent subjected our ears to a lot of different speakers, auditions & audio sessions, I guess we wouldnt be where we are now.
Thats why it is also very hard to point newbies straight to this thread - sometimes in order for you to learn dapat talaga dadaan ka sa mahabang prosesso para maintindihan. Mistakes are also part of the learning process.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1656 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 07:01 PM »

thanks!

Sub? Gumagawa si Anthony ng sub?  :D ;D

Cguro sir next time around magkaroon ng EB ulit for his subs........but after the recent Pilyo and SVS subs, medyo nakakahilo pa eh ;D

The price of the new center with 4 woofers wont be the same price as the center with 2 woofers ;)

I could be mistaken, but the rears that Anthony has now in the HT of Sir Mark are the gen2 drivers already.
lets wait for anthony to confirm.
From what i know, he is using all new (gen2) drivers for his HT speaker set.

Offline boomjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1657 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 08:16 PM »
Pwede bang magrequest ng pics? ;D

I saw this just this afternoon.  I thought it was one of a pair of mains.  Ang laki kasi eh but since there were two tweeters side by side, dun ko napansin na pang center channel nga.

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1658 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 09:37 PM »
I saw this just this afternoon.  I thought it was one of a pair of mains.  Ang laki kasi eh but since there were two tweeters side by side, dun ko napansin na pang center channel nga.

Yup. 2 tweeters vertically oriented. That's why it can't be oriented vertically. Has to be horizontal.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1659 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 09:39 PM »

Tama si Iiinas. Wala sub but the bookshelves have 2nd gen drivers, as Macdon mentioned.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1660 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 09:47 PM »
Pic ng center speaker ni Anthony:

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1661 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 09:59 PM »

:o :o :o

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1662 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 12:28 AM »

OMG parang floorstander sa haba ah! and ang ganda bagay na bagay sa HT ni sir mark ;D
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1663 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 12:47 AM »
OMG parang floorstander sa haba ah! and ang ganda bagay na bagay sa HT ni sir mark ;D

Nasa 35.5" ata ang haba......mas mahaba pa ata sa floorstander ko eh :D ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1664 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 06:55 AM »

Masama yata ang ibig mong sabihin.  ;D ;D ;D

Punta ka bukas?  :)

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1665 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:14 AM »
 ;D bagay kasi sa HT mo sir mark!

tentative pa ako sir mark kasi depende what time i get off from work...lam mo naman kaming mga taga call center saturday ang lastday of work sana i can get off before lunch para maka habol!
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1666 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:27 AM »
Yes, I believe you are correct. If we havent subjected our ears to a lot of different speakers, auditions & audio sessions, I guess we wouldnt be where we are now.
Thats why it is also very hard to point newbies straight to this thread - sometimes in order for you to learn dapat talaga dadaan ka sa mahabang prosesso para maintindihan. Mistakes are also part of the learning process.

yes i also agree. I have a friend who got the other pair of Clones that i bought from anthony, he has an HTIB, and wants to jump agad to tube and dosnt have any clue on what tube is also kung ano ang SS. nakwnto ko lang kasi sa kanya na yun ang path na pupuntahan ko. I dont encourage him to jump into that agad agad, I wanted him to experience yung ride towards that goal instead o f going the short way bili agad. malay nya sa SS set up masaya na sya at para pag dating sa dulo masabi nya na " i've tried them all at dito talga ako masaya".

Kahit ako im glad na kahit papanao naka ilang HTIB ako, at ngayon naka SS, I can say to myself "bitin eh, di ito yun gusto ko na tunog".

thanks to you guys! ;)

Nagmamahal
Francis

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1667 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:32 AM »
Sub? Gumagawa si Anthony ng sub?  :D ;D

Cguro sir next time around magkaroon ng EB ulit for his subs........but after the recent Pilyo and SVS subs, medyo nakakahilo pa eh ;D

The price of the new center with 4 woofers wont be the same price as the center with 2 woofers ;)

I could be mistaken, but the rears that Anthony has now in the HT of Sir Mark are the gen2 drivers already.
lets wait for anthony to confirm.
From what i know, he is using all new (gen2) drivers for his HT speaker set.

mukhang magiging problema ko yung paglalagay ng center ah, ang haba! kasya kaya sya sa harap ng tv ko at tv rack? ???

anyway, sir macdon you've mentioned gen2 drivers na yung new bookshelf, does it follow na it is "improved" also?

dahil pang sala lang naman ang intent ko baka pwede na yung 1st gen Center ni anthony instead nung bago, ang haba eh.=) pero kung di naman ganun kalaki price diff, baka pwede pagkasyahin ang budget.

sir kung di busy pa pm naman ng price ng mahabang center, pwede naman sya ihiga diba? o vertical lang dapat? 

thanhks!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1668 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:41 AM »
mukhang magiging problema ko yung paglalagay ng center ah, ang haba! kasya kaya sya sa harap ng tv ko at tv rack? ???

anyway, sir macdon you've mentioned gen2 drivers na yung new bookshelf, does it follow na it is "improved" also?

dahil pang sala lang naman ang intent ko baka pwede na yung 1st gen Center ni anthony instead nung bago, ang haba eh.=) pero kung di naman ganun kalaki price diff, baka pwede pagkasyahin ang budget.

sir kung di busy pa pm naman ng price ng mahabang center, pwede naman sya ihiga diba? o vertical lang dapat? 

thanhks!

brader i think sa room size na 25 sq meters and below, the original 2 woofer center (based on proac design) should suffice. i think kaya lang nag lagay ng "dambuhalang" 3 footer na center si anthony kasi the original mukhang hindi kaya yung laki ng ht ni sir mark.  ;)

pero pinaka maganda is kung ma audition mo pareho, pero imho, the 2 woofer center should really work for us.  :)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1669 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:43 AM »
brader i think sa room size na 25 sq meters and below, the original 2 woofer center (based on proac design) should suffice. i think kaya lang nag lagay ng "dambuhalang" 3 footer na center si anthony kasi the original mukhang hindi kaya yung laki ng ht ni sir mark.  ;)

pero pinaka maganda is kung ma audition mo pareho, pero imho, the 2 woofer center should really work for us.  :)

yeah i think you are right. lets see/hear tomorrow. ;)

thanks!

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #1670 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:53 AM »
I think this thread should be renamed to "A Audio speakers by diy_master"
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2009 at 08:12 AM by qguy »

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1671 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 08:08 AM »

but on a second thought, hindi ba the bigger the center the better? sa cinemas, parang 70% ng tunog is sa harap nanggagaling.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1672 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 08:50 AM »

thanhks!

Well, yes......gen2 drivers should be better than its predecessor.....but then again, that is subjective ;D

Korek si brader iiinas, for smaller rooms oks na yung smaller center, just lower the gains of the 2 front floorstanders nalang.
Althou, the new longer center speaker is more timbre matched to the new floorstanders ;D

The smaller center speaker is 6ohms, while the new longer center is 8ohms ;)

Price of the longer center? Just add 3k  ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1673 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 09:03 AM »
but on a second thought, hindi ba the bigger the center the better? sa cinemas, parang 70% ng tunog is sa harap nanggagaling.

For me, I find the center speaker the most important speaker sa HT - thats because movie content has 85-90% dialogue.......and any effects that happens on the center of the screen, lalabas parin sa center speaker ;D

Consider placing the center on a pedestal or kung gusto mo - buy 3 floorstanders :D ;D
Elevate mo kaya via a pedestal para you can still place other gears sa tabi nya  ;)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1674 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 09:12 AM »
For me, I find the center speaker the most important speaker sa HT - thats because movie content has 85-90% dialogue.......and any effects that happens on the center of the screen, lalabas parin sa center speaker ;D

Consider placing the center on a pedestal or kung gusto mo - buy 3 floorstanders :D ;D
Elevate mo kaya via a pedestal para you can still place other gears sa tabi nya  ;)

Agree. Actually, I think that the best center speaker is a vertical floorstander. Naiilang ako lagi sa horizontal cuz of the theory of comb filtering that occurs when you have several identical woofers located horizontally. Anyhow, pakinggan natin!

Offline markcrenz

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1675 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 09:33 AM »
Agree. Actually, I think that the best center speaker is a vertical floorstander. Naiilang ako lagi sa horizontal cuz of the theory of comb filtering that occurs when you have several identical woofers located horizontally. Anyhow, pakinggan natin!
+1. if i had a big ht i'll also use a tower for the center. kaso sala lang ht ko

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1676 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 10:51 AM »

yes thats what im also thinking sir, i guess ill take the bigger center kasi sure ako maiiwan sya nung fronts or if ever naamn na babaan ko gain nila bitin pa din ako sa center na maliit. ;)

see you tomorrow!

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1677 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM »
bagay itong 4 driver center ni "Master_A" sa mga naka 92" screen and at least 8' apart ang mains esp. if horizontal. para sa akin medyo labis na ito sa mga naka 6' apart lang ang mains.

boy o boy... it's about time para mag sale na ng speakers ang mga av shops otherwise...  :D

may pangalan na ba ang set na yan ha? ano ha?  ;D

Offline markcrenz

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1678 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 12:21 PM »
bagay itong 4 driver center ni "Master_A" sa mga naka 92" screen and at least 8' apart ang mains esp. if horizontal. para sa akin medyo labis na ito sa mga naka 6' apart lang ang mains.

boy o boy... it's about time para mag sale na ng speakers ang mga av shops otherwise...  :D

may pangalan na ba ang set na yan ha? ano ha?  ;D

there might come a time ma-capture na ni diymaster ang local speaker market. tapos export na. huwaw!

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1679 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 01:03 PM »
there might come a time ma-capture na ni diymaster ang local speaker market. tapos export na. huwaw!

pero take note lang na vat free ang pdvd members ha  ;D