Author Topic: CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!  (Read 221366 times)

Offline loudANDcrisp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
« Reply #60 on: Mar 28, 2003 at 08:03 PM »
Nirvbkr,

I just would like to know if your products being sold are under government regulation.  I assume that some of the pinoy dvd fanatics have the same thought in mind.  May I inquire if your products are patented, if you have a business name that is registered with the SEC or DTI, if the specifications of your products are verified by government authority and if youre paying taxes for whatever income youre receiving from your sales?

It is true that some of the pinoydvd members would attest to the extraordinary perfomance of your speakers but many of us would like to be sure that despite the appreciated satisfactory sounds that you produce we are likewise secured by the government of any representations that you disclose to your buyers like the specifications of your products.

Please enlighten us on this. Thank you.

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Mar 29, 2003 at 02:42 PM »
Nirvbkr,

I just would like to know if your products being sold are under government regulation.  I assume that some of the pinoy dvd fanatics have the same thought in mind.  May I inquire if your products are patented, if you have a business name that is registered with the SEC or DTI, if the specifications of your products are verified by government authority and if youre paying taxes for whatever income youre receiving from your sales?

It is true that some of the pinoydvd members would attest to the extraordinary perfomance of your speakers but many of us would like to be sure that despite the appreciated satisfactory sounds that you produce we are likewise secured by the government of any representations that you disclose to your buyers like the specifications of your products.

sounds like you work for the BIR ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #62 on: Mar 29, 2003 at 05:06 PM »
loudandCrisp-  Welcome to Pinoydvd! ;D

Making speakers are our hobby.  We have been audio and home theater enthusiasts for a year now and we have been experimenting with a lot of drivers, crossovers and enclosure designs because we enjoy doing it to come up with the best audio sound possible.  This is not a source of income for us. We consider ourselves DIY people and we derive our satisfaction from being able to help out other members who are starting their own set-ups and to give them enjoyment from hifi sound.  This service extends to answering numerous questions to the best of our abilities which do not have monetary reward.  Sometimes, we have to shell out money from our own pockets just to give our friends the satisfaction they so well deserve.

Nevertheless,  to answer your query, my friend and neighbor who makes our speakers has his own business (our custom made speaker is just one merchandise under the business) which is DTI registered.

We are proud of our cross over design and we would surely want to patent it.  We are presently in the process of completing the requirements of our patent application.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

sincerely,

nirvblakr 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2003 at 05:08 PM by nirvblakr »

Offline loudANDcrisp

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 29, 2003 at 05:19 PM »
nirv,

tnx and more power!

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 02:10 AM »
too bad securing a patent takes a while :-\

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 05:28 AM »
john5479-  that is a sad plight of our IPO.  Sometimes your work gets stolen and before your patent has been approved, there are a lot who has already pirated your work.    :-\

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #66 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 09:40 AM »
Hey folks! - ;D

After reading the post of Loud i got a little fear of the possible implications that may bring about the streaming of Nirvs subs and speakers into the regular commercial system.

We all know of the heavy procedures, regulations and multifarious impositions of our present system of commerce. Of course Nirv and Anthony will have to respond to that should they really intend to access the normal marketing system. My fear--- not only that prices of their products may go up to overcome overhead costs, and we can not blame them, but more importantly, it is likely that the relationship will be reduced to that of being just the buyer and the seller. just like when you but a cup of "taho." Do you like that????  ::)

It is correct to state that we customers of Nirv and Anthony are all in the world of the DIY system and these guys are just helping us with this goddamn expensive hobby, because the prices of similar products in the market are all killing us-- >:( Their services is beyond any commercial value so to speak.

To think that these guys who are both from Paranaque even went to the extent of visiting my place in Bulacan, YES! just like the travel from Kuwait to Baghdad-- ;D  just to know my requirements and adjust my gears is not the calling of an ordinary street commercial relationship but it is because i am a member of this forum where a degree of personal attachment developed having shared some kind of similar liking to a certain thing, just as what we are talking about here now. this is just askin a friend to help you out, isnt it? ;)

My case, just leave it that way Nirv---

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re:CUSTOM SPEAKERS OF NIRVBLAKR, SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 11:12 AM »
hi guys!

i understand where loudandcrisp is coming from...but, if our concern is "protecting the consumer"...i don't think this applies to nirv and anthony because THEY EXERT EXTRA EFFORT TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS of their friends here...besides, this is not a money-making business...more of a DIY experiment...but i'm 100% sure thatthey are registered and the patent application has been submitted a long time ago (but no approval yet, alam niyo naman ang sistema dito!)...

in fact, they don't even earn from this...whatever they design for their friends are sold "at cost"...just for the fun of experimenting...and i can say that they EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS!!! ;D

i'm proud to be an A-AUDIO owner...

thanks nirv for helping out so many pinoydvd members in building their home theater/audio systems!

MORE POWER! ;D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 12:24 PM »
Hey folks! - ;D
My fear--- not only that prices of their products may go up to overcome overhead costs, and we can not blame them, but more importantly, it is likely that the relationship will be reduced to that of being just the buyer and the seller. just like when you but a cup of "taho." Do you like that????  ::)

if this happens before i can audition and/or get a pair, i'm going after someone...

jk  ;D
money is best spent

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 06:31 PM »
Nirvbkr,

no. i think he is a competitor of nirvblkr.... sir loud ano ang product mo? ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 07:09 PM »
Thanks guys for the support! ;D

Offline stac

• Collector
  • #rm -rf /
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 08:06 PM »
Nirvbkr,

no. i think he is a competitor of nirvblkr.... sir loud ano ang product mo? ;D

i also think he is a competitor...  :)

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Apr 01, 2003 at 12:40 AM »
actually majority of the speakers are custom made in essence that those of us who are owners of the said speakers have a say of how the speaker is designed.

as for specs for example in my case we used a test cd and just used our ears in seeing how low the speaker can go...and this is not on an anechoic chamber, just a typical living room. the test cd generates test tones and we followed the sequence so at least there is basis for the specs, too bad hindi dinala yung spectrum analyzer  ;D

back to the topic, I got some new speakers from nirvblakrs speaker guy, slim line floorstander, 4 1/2 driver, silk dome tweeter and side firing 6 inch sub all i can say is.... ;D suwabe yung bass..not boomy. matches my NAD receiver.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Apr 02, 2003 at 09:28 AM »
john5479- Too bad I wasn't able to listen and see your new speakers.  But Anthony had all praises to your new gear.  We've learned something new again from your speakers bro!   ;)

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Apr 02, 2003 at 07:46 PM »
nirv-It just needs more break-in, and i'm sure the bass would be on par with my other floorstander made by anthony as well  :)  

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Apr 04, 2003 at 09:46 AM »
Doc Nirv,

Thank you for your warm acceptance during my visit in your place, well what can I say Doc. Mel is really down to earth person.

I was really amazed on the work of Doc. Mel & Anthony, what can I say they are the product of true Filipino talents. To all Audiophile & HT afficionados, if you are trying to upgrade your speaker system, pls. try to visit and audition the works of these guys, it's the best example of "Audio economy" Miximizing sounds quality minimizing cost". Honestly, before I'm always thingking that good sound found only to known & expensive gudgets, until I've heard the works of these guys. To hear is to believe!

I'm so lucky during my visit since I experienced the HT of Doc. Mel and the newly arrived Demo DVD #7! He is only using Denon 1803 A/V amp. and a set of custom made speakers it was a great experience!

To Doc Mel & Anthony more power and mabuhay kayo!!

odyopayl
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline symon

• Collector
  • I've seen the groove!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 04, 2003 at 10:37 AM »
I agree! Almost complete na speaker set-up ko, kulang nalang ang center. Anthony, discount naman, hehehe! :)

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 01:59 AM »
odyopayl- Nice talking to you man and thanks for visiting! ;D

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 02:25 AM »
doc nirv

updated na ba ang pics mo sa yahoo? pede pa pm iyong recommended rear at sub mo sakin uli.  iniwan ko kasi ang cell ko sa pinas at alam kong na text mo na sa akin yon...  bawal dito sa aming trabaho dalhin.

psensiya na sa kakulitan....tenx

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 05, 2003 at 11:01 AM »
Qatarman- I have sent a PM to you

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 12, 2003 at 02:09 AM »
doc nirv

pm'd you :D

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Apr 13, 2003 at 10:35 PM »
doc nirv,

curious lang ako sa bi-wiring ;D ;D  
wag na lang takot ;D

tenx for the advise ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Apr 13, 2003 at 10:38 PM »
Qman-  Hope I was of help.... ;D

Offline Qman

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 12:31 AM »
You are a great help doc, lalo pag nakuha ko na ang mga stands ko he he he he ;D

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • No One Gets Left Behind, Rangers Lead the Way
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 06:51 PM »
I recently got one of the subs from Doc. to complete my set up consisting of the Marantz 4300 ang Mission speakers.

Well, I was mesmerized by the performance of the sub when I tested it w/ Desperado DVD.

My set up is located in the living room w/ a lot of open spaces all around it including an open second floor area but I tell you that the sub is really awesome.

I got more than what I expected.

More power to you Mel & Anthony.

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 10:36 PM »
anybody here with the bookshelves that use 4 1/2 inch drivers ? I have a floorstander using the same 4 1/2 inch driver and side firing 6 inch sub, with floorspikes for trade, just add cash  ;D Medyo magre-rearrange ng bahay and medyo kukulangin ako sa space kasi e.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2003 at 12:03 AM by john5479 »

Offline enygma

• Collector
  • hirameki!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #86 on: Apr 14, 2003 at 10:46 PM »
anybody here with the bookshelves that use 4 1/2 inch drivers ? I have a floorstander using the same 4 1/2 inch driver and side firing 6 inch sub, with floorspikes for trade, just add cash  ;D Mefyo magre-rearrange ng bahay and medyo kukulangin ako sa space kasi e.

sayang ha. u planned to use floorstanders all around pa naman to complement your nad t752.

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Apr 15, 2003 at 12:05 AM »
enygma, ok lang balak kasi ipasok sa kuwarto yung HT kaya di na pwede floorstander na 5.1 so bookshelves na lang, tingin ko baka mas ok kasi enclosed so mas feel yung effects, always think positive hehe.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Apr 15, 2003 at 05:31 AM »
I recently got one of the subs from Doc. to complete my set up consisting of the Marantz 4300 ang Mission speakers.

Well, I was mesmerized by the performance of the sub when I tested it w/ Desperado DVD.

My set up is located in the living room w/ a lot of open spaces all around it including an open second floor area but I tell you that the sub is really awesome.

I got more than what I expected.

More power to you Mel & Anthony.

Nice to hear that the performance of our sub blended well with your set-up.  Just wait and hear the much added improvement after the break in of your driver. ;)

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Apr 15, 2003 at 05:39 AM »
need subs and in a budget? you know who to call hehehe ;D