Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 9222 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
« on: May 13, 2005 at 01:20 AM »
5/10/05

This is VERY early information, so take it with a grain of salt. But several of our video retail sources are indicating to us that 20th Century Fox has tentatively set Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven for DVD release on 10/11, with Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith tentatively due on 11/8 (a worldwide release on the same day). The 11/8 date for Episode III has been corroborated with multiple independent retailer sources. It also jives with the Burger King watch promotion details that leaked on 5/2. Again, however, I'd like to stress that none of this is official until announced by the studio (and Lucasfilm in the case of Episode III). It's possible that these dates will shift before they're made public (as they often do).

What we DO know about Episode III is that Lucas himself has confirmed (to MTV.com) that the film will be available on DVD in time for this Christmas, that the disc will include 5-6 deleted scenes, and that a 6-film box set will be available at some point in the future.

www.digitalbits.com

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005 at 12:20 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas does release this before the X'mas season. The man's a marketing genius. The November release date would be standard for regular movies...6mos. after being shown in theaters. Am just excited to see the movie first...with it's good reviews, am sure to have a great time.

As for the 6-disc set, it's a welcome addition to every collection. I just hope they also release a box set of Eps1-3 first. Us Star Wars fans are made to suffer, it's our lot in life. ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2005 at 02:10 PM »
Hopefully this too will be on sale at Music One and Tower in the summer of 2007!!! ;D

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2005 at 03:15 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2005 at 04:39 PM »
hopefully also yung introductory price will be in the range of Oceans Twelve and Constantine  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2005 at 04:40 PM by vtec3 »

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
I'll wait for the box set.Hopefully there's a mega box set featuring all the star wars movies. :)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2005 at 07:33 PM »
I'll wait for the box set.Hopefully there's a mega box set featuring all the star wars movies. :)

Yep...plus in a Limited Edition  ;D

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2005 at 09:56 AM »

yes i hope they especially include the Clone Wars series too, obviously the 6-episodes alone don't tell the complete story.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2005 at 09:57 AM by ranran »

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 08:21 AM »
this guy from other site just can't get enough of star wars. ;D
click here

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 08:24 AM »
this guy from other site just can't get enough of star wars. ;D
click here
Perhaps that's your collection pic, baby?  ;D

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 08:31 AM »
Perhaps that's your collection pic, baby?  ;D
nope.that's not mine.got this from an international dvd forum site that you're also included in ;D

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 01:59 PM »
Wish for a limited 6-disc edition with Yoda collectible, you must...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
From the www.theforce.net

According to sources for ComingSoon.Net, we'll be seeing 6 different Star Wars DVD releases on November 1st of this year. It looks like you can buy the final movie separately, buy the prequels together or buy all six films in a complete set. Whether or not this is the "definitive release" of the complete saga is unknown, but we can sure hope for a pile of new extras. Here's the list we were given:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen) 11/1/2005
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Full Screen) 11/1

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
nope.that's not mine.got this from an international dvd forum site that you're also included in ;D
Talaga? hehe oh i see... for a sec thought it was yours.... :D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 02:22 AM »
We've checked in with our retail sources, and have been told that Lucasfilm tentatively plans to debut Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith on DVD on 11/1. This would seem to be corroborated by a report from The Force.net today that indicates an 11/1 DVD release for Episode III, along with a new 3-title box set of the prequel trilogy and a 6-title box set of the complete saga. We can't confirm the box set information at the moment, so take all of the above with a grain of salt until official announcements are made.

from digitalbits

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 07:25 AM »
Have time to think pa. 6 movies dvd pack or 3 movies prequel movie pack ???

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 08:25 AM »
Have time to think pa. 6 movies dvd pack or 3 movies prequel movie pack ???
Since I already got the original Starwars Trilogy, I might opt for the prequel trilogy but then again it depend if the 6 movies dvd boxset s nice...oh well baby...we might as well get both??  ;D

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 08:33 AM »
Since I already got the original Starwars Trilogy, I might opt for the prequel trilogy but then again it depend if the 6 movies dvd boxset s nice...oh well baby...we might as well get both??  ;D
its hard to decide.we'll just see. ;D

Offline seph1018

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 10, 2005 at 12:08 PM »
I agree, I guess we just have to see...save up fellas! ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 02, 2005 at 04:48 AM »

Consider this tidbit seriously Rumor Mill-worthy, but an Italian online DVD retailer has posted possible early details on a little of what you can expect from Lucasfilm and Fox's DVD release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith in November. According to the site, look for the 2-disc set to include 2 behind-the-scenes featurettes/documentaries, 5 deleted scenes, a music video, theatrical trailers, 12 TV spots, a production photo gallery, DVD-ROM weblinks to an exclusive Star Wars.com site, an Episode III  videogame trailer and a playable Battlefront II game demo. We suspect there will also be audio commentary. Watch for official details to emerge soon from Lucasfilm, with an anticipated street date for the release of either 11/1 or 11/8.

from digitalbits

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 02, 2005 at 08:31 AM »
4 months to go before the big big bang. :)
Time to save ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 02, 2005 at 09:13 AM »
4 months to go before the big big bang. :) Time to save ;D
Oh my...so many goodies are coming our way...yes...have to save up for the BIG BOYS  ::)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 08, 2005 at 02:06 AM »
7/5/05

We've checked in with our retail and industry sources and have learned that Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox are currently planning to announce the DVD release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith as early as next week. With any luck, we'll get final cover art and complete disc specs as part of the announcement. Our information is that the title is expected to street on either 11/1 or 11/8, in separate full frame and anamorphic widescreen editions. We MAY also learn about the future box set release of the complete 6-film saga.

from digitalbits

8)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #23 on: Jul 18, 2005 at 11:19 AM »
Title: Revenge of the Sith
Starring: Ewan McGreggor
Released: 8th November 2005
SRP: $27.95

Further Details
Early details have emerged at Comic Con on Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith which stars Ewan McGreggor and Hayden Christensen. This new two-disc set will be available to own from the 8th November this year, and should retail at around $27.95. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track. Extras will include an audio commentary, a brand new long-form documentary, numerous new mini documentaries that take you behind the scenes of Episode III, and deleted scenes. One of these scenes chronicles the birth of the Rebel Alliance. It takes place in Senator Bail Organa's office, and we meet Senator Mon Mothma, who, as we see in Return of the Jedi, is the leader of the Rebel Alliance. We've attached a couple of screen shots from this brand new scene below. Stay tuned for further details, as we're expecting an official announcement very shortly.

From DVDAnswers.com

View screenshots HERE
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2005 at 11:20 AM by Quitacet »

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 18, 2005 at 10:57 PM »
7/5/05

We MAY also learn about the future box set release of the complete 6-film saga.

6-film only? sayang i was hoping the set would include the clone wars.   :(

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 08:39 AM »
6-film only? sayang i was hoping the set would include the clone wars.   :(

Yes exactly what some of us here are wishing but I don't think will ever happen  :-[

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:10 PM »
Yes exactly what some of us here are wishing but I don't think will ever happen  :-[
It's too early to tell.  Maybe there is one coming.  Lets cross our fingers.  We could form a group and e-mail George Lucas hiMself that we want it all with Clone Wars.  Or we can also join Starwars forums to protest. ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:18 PM »
It's too early to tell.  Maybe there is one coming.  Lets cross our fingers.  We could form a group and e-mail George Lucas hiMself that we want it all with Clone Wars.  Or we can also join Starwars forums to protest. ;D

Yes that will be a good start! Will delay the clone war purchase & wait. Yep all fingers & toes are crossed!  ;D

Offline seph1018

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:30 PM »
from the digitalbits.com:

The Star Wars: Episode III DVD announcement we had expected failed to materialize. What I've learned is that the specs for the 2-disc set have apparently not quite been finalized, so Lucasfilm decided at the last minute to delay their announcement. The company's rather lackluster presentation on Friday revolved around the theme "Star Wars is Forever!", and the message was clearly meant to reassure fans that there's still plenty of Star Wars (and plenty of Star Wars PRODUCTS) on the way even though the last film is over and done. Still, although he was deliberately vague, spokesman Steve Sansweet did offer a few nuggets of DVD related information. First, Episode III will be released on DVD this fall (again, we've heard unofficial street dates of either 11/1 or 11/8). The 2-disc set will feature video mastered directly from the original digital files for the film, like the previous Episode II disc. There will be an audio commentary with director George Lucas and members of his production crew, along with a new long-form documentary on the making of the film, several shorter featurettes and a number of newly-completed deleted scenes. One of these was shown to the audience, and featured Padme, Bail Organa, a young Mon Mothma and other senators discussing the birth of the Rebel Alliance.

Other DVD information learned during the presentation: There WILL be a 6-film box set of the complete Star Wars saga on disc, but not in the immediate future (meaning not this fall at least, and probably not in early 2006 either). Additional tweaks and changes will probably be made to the films by Lucas before all is said and done, but that's for Lucas to determine.

And the second volume of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be released on DVD by the end of this year (no specific date is available yet), featuring audio commentary with creator Genndy Tartakovsky and a few extras. Also revealed was the beginnings of work on a new 30-minute, CG/anime-style Star Wars animated series to be set between Episodes II & III (look for that in late 2007), to be followed by an eventual live-action series set between Episodes III & IV. Lucas is working personally to get both projects up and running in the right direction.

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 11:30 PM »
is there any hope na maglabas din si Lucas ng Episode I,II,III box set? maganda sanang itabi sa ep. IV, V and VI, nakakatempt na kasing bumili ng ep. 1 and II   :-[