Author Topic: The Nora Aunor Thread  (Read 265585 times)

Offline ann07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:The Nora Aunor Thread
« Reply #30 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 05:15 AM »
I got a glimpsed of Bituin on TFC last friday and I think she still got the act otherwise, tumanda lang siya!

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #31 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 11:58 AM »
I think they didn't so much consider it a war film as they considered it irrelevant (as if great art could ever be irrelevant!).  They demanded some kind of nod to current social issues at the time and at the time, nationalism was strongest.  Plus, a sympathetic Japanese!  O'Hara said the protests over de Leon's character were the loudest--"how dare he," daw?

And there's more; there was the perception that O'Hara was riding on Brocka's coattails, that he only got the job because he's Lino's lover (for the record, O'Hara denies it; I don't 100% believe him, myself).  And O'Hara is not of the UP/Ateneo axis of critics and filmmakers--he comes from Adamson, a 'nothing' school in terms of arts and culture.  Finally, O'Hara never campaigns for himself or his films, or goes out of his way to curry favor, the way Lino (who's fantastic at PR) always did.

P.S.--Kaka, could you put spoiler warnings on your last post?  Thanks...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 03, 2002 at 01:55 AM »
P.S.--Kaka, could you put spoiler warnings on your last post?  Thanks...

Ayaw !  >:(

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2002 at 03:17 AM »
Just finished watching Mario O'Hara's "Bulaklak ng City Jail" and my god, what a royal flush of wonderful performances: Maya Valdez is villainous and comic at the same time as the prison's majordomo; Zenaida Amador is terrifically butch as the "mayora"; Gina Alajar is completely natural and without her usual mannerisms as a fellow prisoner; Perla Bautista has the "Sisa" role, a crazed mother looking for her dead child--full of pathos, yet completly under control; Maritess Gutierrez and Gloria Romero in their one scene together are heartbreaking; Celia Rodriguez--the hardened whore whose one soft spot is her wayward son--even more so.  

Even the tiny roles--German Moreno as a sinister jail warden, Edwin O'Hara (who usually plays rapists) as the prison chaplain; Ricky Davao as Nor Aunor's boyfriend, the various character actors and non-actors who play guards, vendors, police officers, street people--shine.

I haven't even begun talking about the filmmaking--the precise editing, the wonderful musical cuing (never too much music, never too melodramatic), the corridor compositions, the grimly realistic lighting, the endless close-ups that save money because only very small areas are lit, yet at the same time give you a sense of intense claustrophobia--you feel from all the tight shots how this is one nightmare of an overcrowded prison.  

With all this going on, you'd think Nora Aunor's performance would be lost; on the contrary, they only enhance it.  In the beginning, she's only one of many colorful characters; by the film's end, she's the undoubted heroine, and the miracle is, you don't quite know how she got there.  Her acting here is so quiet--the showiest moments are when the camera focuses on her eyes, and you can see the fire in them.  Aunor just may be the dumbest, most unthinking actress alive--and with the way she conducts her life to date, who's to say she isn't?  Yet maybe she has to be, to be so incredibly intuitive--to be able to create this kind of magic, almost as if out of nowhere.  She doesn't need words, she doesn't need thoughts, she doesn't need anything--she just needs silence, and those impossibly intense eyes...

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 06, 2002 at 11:41 AM »
With Nora Aunor back in the news again because of her new TV show Bituin, isn't this a perfect time to release her classic movies on DVD.

All those tributes at ASAP and The Buzz showing clips of her old movies should generate a lot of interest.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 08, 2002 at 10:27 PM »
I saw the tribute clips from The Buzz. Although I have not seen those scenes in a long, long time (don't have Cinema One) I can tell what movie they were from.

"Hayop" - Ina Ka ng Anak Mo

"Sinungaling, sinungaling" - Tatlong Taong Walang Diyos

"Ang himala ay nasa puso ng tao" - Himala

"My brother is not a pig" - Minsa'y Isang Gamu-gamo

"I feel sorry for you. You are going to die a lonely old man" - Bilangin ang Bituin sa Langit

"Bukas ang pinto. Doon ka sa kanya. Magsama kayo. Mamatay na rin kayo"-  don't know this one but I like it very much. What movie is this one from?

By the way Bituin is getting better each day now that the kids are now grown up and played by Carol Banawa and Desiree del Valle.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 08, 2002 at 11:09 PM »
Whatever happened to the "campaign" before to make her a National Artist ? Did it materialize?

I don't believe so kakabanas. The National Artist honor is usually awarded posthumously, isn't it?

The great Levi Celerio and Maestro Lucio San Pedro were given that highest honor when they were still alive. They led exemplary yet modest lives, served as perfect role models and raised the standards of their crafts for which they have been known.

But Nora a National Artist? Ewan ko lang!  She is a great actress no doubt. If she's aiming for that top spot in national arts, she really has to work doubly hard for that.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 08, 2002 at 11:57 PM »
I don't know what the requirements of being a National Artist are, but if it means artists who live model lives, a lot of people don't deserve to be there.

Bernal and Brocka had their manipulative sides.  They had to, to survive in the industry.  

Actually, I haven't met anyone with real talent who was a genuinely nice person or a role model for anyone.  Well, there is one--hardly what you'd call a role model, but he's probably the only good man I know with real talent--with great talent.  

The rest are a-holes of different shapes and sizes.  But I really can't hold it against them.  Goodness and talent do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 09, 2002 at 04:03 AM »
Nora is certainly deserving of the National Artist honors based on the criteria mentioned at the website below. Read it and tell me if she's not deserving especially in these two things:

- Artists who have created a significant body of works and/or have consistently displayed excellence in the practice of their art form, thus achieving important contributions to the continuing development of their particular art form; and

-Artists who enjoy broad acceptance and recognition by their peers, by critic's circles, and by the nation at large, said recognition being manifested in any of the following:
        (a) prestigious local, national and/or international recognition; (b) awards in prestigious national and/or international competitions; (c) critical acclaim and/or favorable reviews and critiques of their works.

For the full article, visit this website:

http://www.ncca.gov.ph/phil%20profile/philprof_natlartistmain.htm

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 10, 2002 at 11:45 PM »
I think the greatest criteria for an artist to be bestowed the National Artist award is his indelible contribution to the arts for which he belonged and the impact his works had made to the general public. It cannot be denied that the works of Levi Celerio, Lucio San Pedro, H.R. Ocampo, Cesar Legaspi, Napoleon Abueva, Leandro Locsin, Lino Brocka  and the rest are milestones and set standards for the generation to come.

I made special mention of Celerio and San Pedro as having led exemplary, modest and truly inspiring lives because that is the truth. Up to their very last breath, these artists never really got the material gains that they truly deserved. San Pedro lived in rustic Angono and not in some posh villages. Celerio, for the love of his craft, still worked his butts off in small cafes, blowing leaves just to entertain patrons. Their humility is something to be emulated.

But artists, like ordinary human beings, have their own kinks and hang-ups, moods and eccentricities. So if Brocka and Bernal bitched around in shooting locations, that must have been for a good, valid reason. They must have had that reputation when they were still alive, but hey, they still got the highest honors in Philippine Arts.

Noel is right. If we are to award that distinction to an artist based on the kind of life he had and the way he dealt with people, then talagang walang qualified. So may pag-asa pa si Nora. So what if some (or a lot of) people say that she is a drunkard and  a compulsive gambler. What's important is her talent and contribution to the industry (meron ba, tanong ko lang heheeheh) ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2002 at 11:49 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 11, 2002 at 02:46 AM »
Blitz's right, but to put it more bluntly: I hear stories about Brocka and Bernal that would make the hairs stand at the back of your neck.  They are not nice people, and they can't afford to be, to do what they had to do.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 13, 2002 at 03:40 AM »
quote author=blitzkrieg link=board=1;threadid=6584;start=20#102855 date=1034264735]

So may pag-asa pa si Nora. So what if some (or a lot of) people say that she is a drunkard and  a compulsive gambler. What's important is her talent and contribution to the industry (meron ba, tanong ko lang heheeheh) ;D

How do you measure an actress' contribution to the industry? Credit for great films are generally given to the directors but without a talented actress like Nora Aunor a great film might not be the same. Do you think Bernal's Himala would be just as good if someone else played the lead? I don't think so.

Nora's contribution to the movie industry is her considerable acting skills that shined through her body of work. She is the most awarded and nominated actress in the Philippine movies.

Her overwhelming popularity in the 70's allowed her to exposed the Filipino masses to quality movies when she started to experiment in serious films.

As observed by Joel David in his book, Ms Aunor had been possessed with a search for superior acting vehicles, and threw away a lot of her own money in the process, since in essence she mostly had to run against the preferences of her mass supporters. She sacrificed commercial success in favor of her art. She could have kept on making commercial films the same way Sharon Cuneta did but then she won't be the NORA AUNOR that we know today.

I'm not very good with words so here's an excerpt from another article about Nora:

This petite and charming superstar has undoubtedly made history in the local movie industry. She also has redefined the standards of beauty and talent that make a person not only a star but a thespian. Although, she may not have the looks of Susan Roces, Amalia Fuentes or Gloria Romero, Aunor has the beauty that emanates from within. Her charm is disarming. Her eyes so luminous that you could see the beauty of her heart. She partly spent her earnings for her family and shared her sizable earnings with less fortunate kids. Acting for several decades, Aunor has already mastered the soul of Filipinos. She has portrayed roles in films with different genres. But her melodramatic pieces always give her the accolades for her acting prowess. One quality that Aunor has that others do not have is, "the sadness of her eyes that set off instant sympathy among moviegoers, what some might call stage presence that dwarfs the rest of the cast."

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2002 at 03:51 AM by pinoymovies »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 01:01 AM »
It's not just sadness.  I remember a scene where Maya Valdez tells Aunor that one of the jail officers nicknamed Cowboy liked her and would like to have sex with her.  Aunor, her eyes downcast throughout Valdez's speech says no, she can't.  

Valdez couldn't believe her ears.  She asked "You know who you're turning down?  You know what he can do to you if you refuse him?  I'll give you one more chance.  By the count of three.  One.  Two."

"Three," Aunor tells her, and for the first time in the scene, levels her eyes with Valdez's own.  If looks could kill, Valdez should have burned down to the ground in that instant.  

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 03:49 AM »
There's no doubt that her expressive eyes make up for the lack of body movements that other actresses use so often to relay to the audience what/how they are feeling (e.g. Vilma Santos). And I am fine with that .. but her beauty limits her from portraying other roles ... an advantage that Vilma or Gina Alajar (another one with very expressive eyes and a great actress as well) took advantage of.  I often wonder how she would fare if given the chance to do Burlesk Queen or Salome.

8)
k

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 01:10 PM »
Gina feels mannered to me now, I don't know.  I didn't like Salome.

But I liked Gina a lot in Bulaklak ng City Jail.  And she was good in, uh, Kontrobersyal.

Nora couldn't do a Burlesk Queen--no one is going to hire someone that flatchested to show her breasts!  Or at least her figure.  But the reverse is true--can Vilma do Himala?  

Nora would have done a better job playing Insiang than Hilda, I think...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 11:42 PM »

Nora couldn't do a Burlesk Queen--no one is going to hire someone that flatchested to show her breasts!  Or at least her figure.  But the reverse is true--can Vilma do Himala?  

Nora would have done a better job playing Insiang than Hilda, I think...

It's not really about being flat chested or curvaceous body .. she just looks so "one of us" ... like an everyday gal you see around the corner. Nothing spectacular or extra ordinary. I guess with the right clothes or make-up or hair style, I'd buy her being a socialite ... or a temptress.

She would probably do a better job than Hilda Koronel, but how believable would that be ? Once I saw Hilda, it was easy to digest that her mother's lover would fall for her.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 19, 2002 at 03:07 AM »
Nora was attractive, and she has youth to her advantage (you'd have to recast the mother, though).  She played a bar girl in Bulaklak sa City Jail, and she had the look of a bar girl down okay, I thought.  

Hilda, granted she would attact Ruel Vernal, but I took one look at her and asked: what the heck was she doing in a Tondo slum?  It's exchanging one implausibility for another I think more basic implausibility.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 04:36 AM »
More Nora Aunor 'familiarization'. This time we will look back at Nora as a movie producer.

Nora Aunor formed her own movie production company called NV Productions in 1972.  Its first offering was Carmela, starring Nora and Jay Ilagan.

Next, Paru-parong Itim with Nora and Boots Anson Roa, an adaptation of The Miracle Worker. This was developed from an episode of her TV drama show "Ang Makulay na Daigdig ni Nora". At this early stage of her career we can see Nora's desire for dramatic roles. Unfortunately, the movie flopped at the box-office so back to more "commercial for the fans" movies.

Most of the movies she produced were forgettable movies like Super Gee her answer to her rival Vilma Santos' Darna movies. She also produced and directed her younger brother Eddie Villamayor in Nino Valiente.

Then in 1975 she made Banaue with Gerry de Leon as director. She picked Christopher de Leon, fresh from winning Famas Best Actor for Tinimbang Ka Ngunit Kulang, as her leading man. Co-starring with Nora and Boyet de Leon were Johnny Delgado and Ronaldo Valdez. Another blockbuster Nora - Boyet movie followed, Bato-bato sa Langit, made while Nora was pregnant and her entry to the very first Metro Manila Film Fest.  

In 1976, Nora produced two great movies, Tatlong Taong Walang Diyos and Alkitrang Dugo. We all know about Mario O'Hara's classic movie. Lupita Concio directed Nora's younger brother in Alkitrang Dugo, an adaptation of The Lord of the Flies. It also introduced the Sandico brothers, Michael and Ricky. Great reviews but box-office flops. So again, back to commercial movies.

Annie Batungbakal was her comeback movie, followed by Bongga Ka Day, both directed by Maryo de los Reyes. Her production company also produced movies for Christopher de Leon (Tisoy by Ishmael Bernal, Teresa Abad, Ako po Si Bing) and a TV show Pipwede for Tirso Cruz III. A sister company named Superstar Productions produced a movie for Tirso Cruz III called Sa Lungga ng mga Daga.

Another noteworthy movie produced by NV Productions was BONA - directed by Lino Brocka - a loser at the 1980 Metro Manila Film Fest but eventually made it to Cannes International Film Fest.

In 1986, Nora formed a new production company called NCV Films and more Nora and Mario O'Hara projects followed: Condemned, Tatlong Ina, Isang Anak, and movies featuring Nora's kids like Halimaw - top grosser at the Manila film Fest and Takot Ako Eh.

In 1990, MRN International, who produced Gil Portes' Andrea and in 1991, Elwood Perez' Pacita M., was rumored to be Nora's production company.
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2002 at 12:09 PM by pinoymovies »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 06:38 PM »
Thanks for all that info, pd; we need stuff like that to keep it all in perspective.  Way too little documentation of our cinema.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 02:39 AM »

Hilda, granted she would attact Ruel Vernal, but I took one look at her and asked: what the heck was she doing in a Tondo slum?  It's exchanging one implausibility for another I think more basic implausibility.

Well, like what Brocka said, Hilda was from the slums.. so it's really possible. At least, he didn't maker her a hooker .. like the usual beautiful woman in a squatter area.

But back to Nora ... does anyone have a chronological list of her Famas nominations? From what I remember, she was the one with the longest consecutive number of nominations dating back from the 70s to the 90s.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2002 at 03:08 AM by kakabanas »

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 10:15 PM »
Kakabanas, I couldn't find the FAMAS nominations list but here's the URIAN list. Nora won 6 Best Actress awards from Urian but she is the most nominated with 15 nominations.

1976, "Tatlong Taong Walang Diyos" - WINNER
1978, "Ikaw ay Akin"
1979, "Ina Ka ng Anak Mo"
1980, "Bona" - WINNER
1981, "Bakit Bughaw ang Langit?"
1982, "Himala"
1984, "Bulaklak sa City Jail"
1984, " 'Merika"
1989, "Bilangin Ang Bituin sa Langit" - WINNER
1990, "Andrea, Paano Ba Ang Maging Isang Ina?" - WINNER
1991, "Ang Totoong Buhay ni Pacita M"
1995, "The Flor Contemplacion Story" - WINNER
1996; "Bakit May Kahapon Pa?" - WINNER
1997, "Babae"
1999, "Sidhi"

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 01:01 AM »
Hilda being from the slum's was Brocka's classic comeback; no one pointed out that she didn't stay there very long...

That list of the Famas seems to suggest that they, of all people, are more perceptive when it comes to Nora than even the Urian.  

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 01:18 AM »
That list of the Famas seems to suggest that they, of all people, are more perceptive when it comes to Nora than even the Urian.  

Wasn't there an instance where she got nominated twice in the same award giving body, same category for the same year in two different movies ? I remember Gina Alajar was in Urian but in two different categories.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 10:57 AM »
Noel - the list I posted is the URIAN list.

kakabanas - Nora was nominated in two films by URIAN in 1984, 'Merika and Bulaklak sa City Jail. The award went to Vilma Santos for Sister Stella L. that year.

According to Joel David, Vilma used Nora's climactic monolog in HIMALA as her model for SISTER STELLA L. Here's the exact quote:
It may be pertinent to observe that what La Aunor begins, Ms. Santos follows through, and in a more triumphant albeit less artistic manner; the former's climactic monolog in Himala served as the latter's model in Sister Stella L. and a number of other outings.

The book I've been quoting here is The National Pastime Contemporary Philippine Cinema by Joel David.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 03:03 AM »
Ah, okay.  I was assuming it was the Famas since that was what was asked (didn't read the list's header--never assume!!! >:( ).

Himala had a lot of great moments, but that final speech wasn't my favorite.  Vilma's speech I like even less--I hate being lectured to.  Vilma does it aaalll over again and to much less effect in the ending of Bata Bata Paano Ka Ginawa?

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 02:41 PM »
Kakabanas - I know how much you 'like'  Vilma Santos so the following trivia you may not want to read.  ;D

Vilma Santos has the most Urian Best Actress Awards, a total of 7 beating Nora's 6.

Vilma was also awarded the Urian Best Actress award in three consecutive years (1982- Relasyon, 1983 - Broken Marriage, 1984 - Sister Stella L.) beating Nora's Himala in 1982 and Bulaklak sa City Jail in 1984.

Yet Butch Francisco claims a lot of their members are Noranians.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2002 at 09:50 PM by keng001 »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 10:31 PM »
Kakabanas - I know how much you 'like'  Vilma Santos so the following trivia you may not want to read.  ;D

Vilma Santos has the most Urian Best Actress Awards, a total of 7 beating Nora's 6.

Vilma was also awarded the Urian Best Actress award in three consecutive years (1982- Relasyon, 1983 - Broken Marriage, 1984 - Sister Stella L.) beating Nora's Himala in 1982 and Bulaklak sa City Jail in 1984.

Yet Butch Francisco claims a lot of their members are Noranians.

Hey not fair. I never said I didn't like Ms. Vilma Santos a.k.a. The Star For All Seasons. This is just a Nora Aunor thread and as rivals, her name and comparison to her/body of work is expected to come up.

I do admire her work from Burlesk Queen to Rubia Servios to Pagputi ng Uwak, Pag-itim ng Tagak of the 70s to Relasyon and other movies with Christopher de Leon, Dindo Fernando, Tommy Abuel and Ronaldo Valdez.

As for Urian wins, if they think she gave the best performance, that is cool. You don't hear anybody complaining. After all, she got into the FAMAS hall of fame first before Nora I think.  If Sharon Cuneta wins more than Nora or Vilma, I'd start a protest rally.

As for Butch's claim, it is probably true.  With Vilma winning more, they are also saying in a subtle way that they are objective in selecting the winners and not letting their idol win just to get ahead of the race.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 03:37 AM »
For those of you who may want to relive Nora Aunor's glorious days in the '70's before she became a serious actress, you can order a VHS copy of her Sampaguita movies thru this website

http://www.kabayancentral.com/vvideo.html

These are movies that no one mention anymore when they talk of Nora. These are the movies that were popular with her fans. Movies she made at the height of her popularity. When Noranians can still say Vilma is a poor second to Nora. Before all those serious and award winning movies that we often mention with her name now. Movies like

Winter Holiday - Guy and Pip in Osaka, Japan

My Blue Hawaii - Guy and Pip in Hawaii

Always in my Heart - Guy and Pip in Hawaii

And God Smiled at Me - Guy & Pip and Guy's first Best Actress award from Quezon City Filmfest

My Little Brown Girl - Guy, Pip and a very young Gina Alajar

Kung May Gusot, May Lusot - a comedy version of Bona, :D Nora playing a fan of Tirso

Guy and Pip - directed by Kuya Germs and top grosser at Manila Filmfest.

Now only if Tower Productions would make available the Nora-Manny de Leon movies or Premiere would release Nora-Cocoy Laurel movies like Lollipops and Roses and Impossible Dream (Nora as a jockey) :)

To be honest, I had a better time watching these movies than the award winning ones and based on boxoffice results, I'm probably not the only one.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2002 at 11:59 AM by pinoymovies »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 11:42 PM »
If it's from Premiere it's probably rotted away by now.

Someday Premiere's going to pay for what it did to all its films...

Offline keng001

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 31, 2002 at 11:29 PM »

Hey not fair. I never said I didn't like Ms. Vilma Santos a.k.a. The Star For All Seasons. This is just a Nora Aunor thread and as rivals, her name and comparison to her/body of work is expected to come up.

The good thing about their rivalry is that they push each other to do better. And whether you are a fan of Nora or Vilma you have to check out the competition and you end up admiring both.

Based on the number of threads from another forum, the popular rivalry right now is between TV stations: GMA vs ABS-CBN.  ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2002 at 11:40 PM by keng001 »