Author Topic: The Nora Aunor Thread  (Read 265584 times)

Offline technosprite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I am a master of my thoughts!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Nora Aunor Thread
« Reply #1230 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 01:31 PM »
Nora Aunor to return as ‘Kapatid’

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/7641/nora-aunor-to-return-as-%E2%80%98kapatid%E2%80%99

per the national coordinator of noranians, the superstar is on her way!!!

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1231 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 10:29 AM »
Andito na sya... hehehe...

'Superstar' Nora Aunor back in PHL, mobbed at airport

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/228088/entertainment/superstar-nora-aunor-back-in-phl-mobbed-at-airport
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1232 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 10:49 AM »
laotian deep........
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1233 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 02:22 AM »

Gawa ni Mario O'Hara. Manood po kayo. October 3, 2011 na sa TV5.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1234 on: Oct 01, 2011 at 11:54 PM »
Some screencaps from Sa Ngalan ng Ina. Mapapanood na ngayon Lunes, October 3rd sa TV5

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1235 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 07:39 AM »
Nora Aunor with a cig: So what?

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/234067/entertainment/nora-aunor-with-a-cig-so-what

Let it be said that Superstar Nora Aunor’s comeback is by all counts a success, if we are to measure it not by media mileage or product endorsements, not by tell-all interviews in every darn showbiz talk show or by grand statements about home being where the heart is.

Ate Guy’s return has been about none of this and that is precisely a measure of this comeback’s success. Because would she be the unbeatable popular culture icon that she is, the film actress par excellence, the Superstar in the real sense of the word, if she came back and fell into the trap of showbiz as created by the Kris Aquinos of this world?

Not at all. Ate Guy is everything that contemporary showbiz is not. And that was true long before she left, that was real to anyone who saw her films and respected her daring, this was always true for those of us who couldn’t help but be astounded on the one hand, and then be downright impressed on the other, by the life choices she was making, given the little that we actually knew of her. She was rebel long before it became fashionable to be one, she was rakenrol like no other, and in the midst of that she was inadvertently pointing out that she was – should be – nothing but actress, but singer, but star.

Ate Guy might be the only icon on these shores who can say to her public: here’s who I am, deal with it.

Because if we can’t, then what a shame. If we can’t, then that is ultimately a measure of us, not of her. And I’m talking to you Philippine Medical Association (PMA), as well as running priest Fr. Robert Reyes, who insist that the cover image of Ate Guy in the October issue of Yes! Magazine is unacceptable because (gasp!) she’s shown holding a cigarette. That this is even in the news as news versus it being questioned and argued about is a measure of our media; that the PMA and Fr. Reyes are even allowed to imagine role models vis a vis magazine covers and pop culture images is just stupid.

For really, who is Fr. Reyes talking to when he says to Ate Guy:“The Filipino public is not dumb, if you want to be popular again, be wholesome"? The good priest obviously knows not of what he speaks. Look at the most popular celebrities in this country, and see their billboards that sell sex and sexuality even when they’re holding a can of tuna or are selling computers, look at who’s on television every day and see them selling everything that’s about changing how we look through whitening products and beauty clinics. You demand wholesome? Show me what’s wholesome about the lies that these advertisements sell, and then explain why we’ve let them bombard us every day. You demand wholesome? Begin by insisting that no female celebrity who’s white to begin with should be allowed to sell whitening products; insist that no celebrity shall sell beer or gin on nationwide television; insist that no bodies be used to sell products on billboards – no body at all. And then convince yourself that this will mean role models all around and our kids will be better off.

This is at the core of this kind of response to Ate Guy’s photo, holding a cigarette, staring straight into the camera. It’s the question of pop culture icons being role models, a question of how these images are necessarily aspirational ones. They are saying that this image of Ate Guy is so powerful that it will make us get a pack of cigarettes for ourselves the moment we see it. This fails to consider the fact that Ate Guy, is the Nora Aunor, and she doesn’t aspire to be role model, never has, never will. It also forgets that as Nora Aunor, there is more to this photo than that cigarette in her hand.

Done by Marc Nicdao, this image renders the Superstar not so much in a role, as she is revealed finally to be comfortable in her own skin. There is nothing here that’s about being the usual cover girl who’s prettified, no heavy make-up, no glamorous clothes, seemingly no digital editing. In black and white, we see the age on her skin, in her hand that holds that cigarette, her crow’s feet, her laugh lines. She’s in jeans, and what looks like a stylized polo shirt, hair cropped short, styled but barely so. But what will grab you are her eyes, questioning and judgmental, just ultimately matter-of-fact: I’m back, I’m here, what’s it to you?

No one else – no one else – has the daring to have a photo like this taken and agree to have it on the cover of a magazine as a real portrayal of self. Yes, some younger celebrity might hold a cigarette on the cover of a magazine too, but that would only be within a fashion editorial, a fictional portrayal, ultimately no meaning other than fake edginess. In the hands of Ate Guy, that cigarette is a reminder that there is no one, no male or female celebrity on these shores, who has the chutzpah, the gall, the guts, the darn rakenrol, to release an image of self so real, it makes us all uncomfortable.

This is precisely why it’s a refreshing image to see, not just of Nora Aunor, but on a magazine cover. It’s an image that tells us we’ve matured if only because the Superstar now knows to let it all hang, to lay her cards on the table, and she’s forcing us to be prepared for it. You do not change Nora Aunor, you are changed by her.

And in the context of local pop culture’s pomp and pageantry, the industry of fake bodies and glossy faces, hair straight and long, necks covered up with scarves, women in conventional outfits or acceptable near-nakedness, I dare say Ate Guy is the most refreshing cover girl there could ever be. The most powerful, too: she has changed here the way we might view ourselves as women, aging as we all are even as we deny it, looking as she does at that camera and refusing to be objectified by its gaze, fearless and without pretentions, Superstar par excellence. Right here is Nora Aunor, all her years as artist, as woman, as pop icon, showing.

If only we were more prepared for her. But then again, we apparently never are. - GMA News

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1236 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 07:15 AM »
I thought the photo makes her look sophisticated and captures her profoundly. Anyway she's currently not your role model coming from her stint in the US so why do they feel she's a threat to their cause! Kulang lang yata sa pansin ang PMA!

Offline turismo1997

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 243
« Reply #1237 on: Oct 08, 2011 at 01:32 AM »
I B A L I K - I B A L I K,  I B A L I K - I B A L I K  ANG TAMBALANG GUY AND PIP!!!

I B A L I K - I B A L I K,  I B A L I K - I B A L I K  ANG TAMBALANG GUY AND PIP!!!

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1238 on: Mar 06, 2012 at 01:42 PM »
Nora Aunor to play the lead in Brillante Mendoza's newest film, The Womb (working title) co-starring Lovi Poe.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1239 on: Mar 09, 2012 at 12:52 PM »
"El Presidente," or as I call it "The Assassination of Andres Bonifacio by the C__ Emilio Aguinaldo," stars Nora Aunor, Gov. Ejercito, Robin Padilla and Judy Ann Santos...

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1240 on: Apr 17, 2012 at 08:38 AM »
Congressman files "feel-good" resolution to name Nora Aunor as National Artist
http://www.spot.ph/the-feed/50894/congressman-files-resolution-to-name-nora-aunor-as-national-artist

InterAksyon.com reports that Bacolod Rep. Anthony Golez Jr. has filed House Resolution 2317, which is "A Resolution urging his excellency President Benigno Aquino III, the Cultural Center of the Philippines, and the National Commission for Culture and the Arts to confer to Nora Aunor the honor of being named as a National Artist of the Philippines for her immense contribution to Philippine Arts."

In his explanatory note, Golez wrote: "The Filipino people are now entangled in so many public issues like the seemingly uncontrollable rise of prices of fuel and commodities but we should not lose hope. There are a lot of things going for our country and the enshrinement of Ms. Nora Aunor as a National Artist is a sure feel-good thing that the Filipinos can hold on to."

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
« Reply #1241 on: May 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM »
Did you see Boy Abunda's interview with Nora on Cinema One? She revealed that the secret to great acting is booze! Pag mahirap daw yung eksena, like in the manila zoo scene in Bulaklak sa city jail, she'd go drink  before the take. In "condemned" , she was so drunk she fell off the boat but o'hara kept it in the movie!

Offline stilljey

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • You get what you pay
  • Liked:
« Reply #1242 on: May 19, 2012 at 07:31 PM »
Aren't you glad, you use Dial.......commercial na sabon ni ate Guy?  ;D
LED LG LA42B532/Onkyo NR709/Emotiva xpa5/Cambridge 851a/MA RX/PB12nsd/Panny BDP220P/Chord/Egreat R6S

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1243 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 01:35 PM »

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1244 on: Feb 03, 2013 at 11:27 AM »
I saw Thy womb at isa sa mga pinagtataka ko dun sa movie e papaano nakaipon ng P200,000 sila shaleha for dowry kung sila mismo e banig weavers lang at konting fishing on the side?

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1245 on: Feb 04, 2014 at 03:13 PM »

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1246 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:00 PM »
Inquirer : 6 new national artists named; Nora aunor snubbed

via Imgflip Meme Maker
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:04 PM by halvert »

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1247 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 09:24 PM »
anung kabaklaan 'yan pnot? paki-explain!

Inquirer : 6 new national artists named; Nora aunor snubbed

via Imgflip Meme Maker
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1248 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM »
Nora Aunor for National Artist!!!

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1249 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 07:11 AM »
Ate Guy supported ERAP and not PINOY, so...
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline kapitan88

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1250 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:30 AM »
Ate Guy supported ERAP and not PINOY, so...

+1 . . .  but

Aunor jailed addict oversea (National Artist to represent Phils)

Ate Vi; supported Pnoy + ka-ticket; same accomplishment as Nora in film/tv + public servant (good standing)
bakit mauna pa si nora kay vi?

This is acceptable brouhaha than the one w/ caparas et al.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 at 08:32 AM by kapitan88 »

Offline sirhc

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #1251 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 02:49 PM »
+1 . . .  but

Ate Vi; supported Pnoy + ka-ticket; same accomplishment as Nora in film/tv + public servant (good standing)

IMO, her achievements in furthering Filipino arts, in film and acting in particular should not be overshadowed by her mistakes with addiction. Its true, she had her fair share of legal woes, but that does not erase the fact that she was an exemplary artist in her craft. Iba naman ang appreciation of Ate Guy's works versus Ate Guy as a person e. just my two cents..
Never stop learning.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1252 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 03:41 PM »
true, her body of work should be the only consideration!
it must be noted that Juan Luna in a fit of jealousy murdered his wife and mother-in-law but he is still a hero because of his paintings.
but i am happy that Francisco Coching, a komiks creator, is now a National artist. He created El Indio and Pedro Penduko, one of his many works that became movies, too

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline tenderfender

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • DVD Addict
  • "vincere et docere" (to win and to teach)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #1254 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:09 PM »
Lawyer: Nora Aunor was never convicted of drug use

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/146156/lawyer-nora-aunor-was-never-convicted-of-drug-use

MANILA, Philippines—After President Benigno Aquino III admitted that drugs was the reason why he rejected Nora Aunor’s nomination as National Artist for film, her lawyer on Tuesday said the actress was never convicted of a crime involving narcotics.

“Nora Aunor was never convicted of a crime, let alone a crime involving drugs here in Los Angeles. I was the attorney who represented her,” lawyer Claire Navarro-Espina said in a Facebook post.

kuryente c papi! (inaalat ata ngayong araw na ito...)
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:21 PM by tenderfender »
"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions"

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1255 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:24 PM »
Lawyer: Nora Aunor was never convicted of drug use

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/146156/lawyer-nora-aunor-was-never-convicted-of-drug-use

MANILA, Philippines—After President Benigno Aquino III admitted that drugs was the reason why he rejected Nora Aunor’s nomination as National Artist for film, her lawyer on Tuesday said the actress was never convicted of a crime involving narcotics.

“Nora Aunor was never convicted of a crime, let alone a crime involving drugs here in Los Angeles. I was the attorney who represented her,” lawyer Claire Navarro-Espina said in a Facebook post.

kuryente c papi! (inaalat ata ngayong araw na ito...)

Hahaha! Pati Nora Aunor thread tinitira ha! Sipag maghanap ng link.  :D  True there was no conviction.  Why? Because there was a plea bargain.  She agreed to attend a 6 month drug rehabilitation program and complete it in exchange for the case to be dismissed.  She was not acquitted.  Because there was no trial. The case was dismissed.  But she did serve a sentence....the 6 month drug rehab nga.  Funny the lawyer or writer called it "Diversion Program". :D. So when you enter a plea bargain and agree voluntarily to a 6 month rehab program.... you clearly don't do drugs right?  :D
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:40 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline tenderfender

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • DVD Addict
  • "vincere et docere" (to win and to teach)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #1256 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:35 PM »
master sheldon / spock  freaky geeky!
idol na idol kita sa research at posting ng link lalo ung hindi sinulat ni roberto tiglao!

Ang naging problema ko lang dun ay alam naman natin lahat…naconvict po sya sa drugs,” he added, referring to Aunor.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/146145/aquino-drugs-reason-why-nora-aunor-not-a-national-artist

(don't worry, di na kita ijajudge that you never read the full article and headlines to make the connection)  ^-^
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:41 PM by tenderfender »
"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions"

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #1257 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:38 PM »
in-endorse kasi ni nora si gma...yan tuloy  >:(

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #1258 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:43 PM »
+1 . . .  but

Nung bago pa lang sa politika si Vilma Santos may interview yan before sa Channel 2 kay Korina Sanchez, at inamin nya na yung 10% na SOP ay normal na nangyayari sa mga government projects nya dahil kalakaran daw yun.

Hindi pa kasi panahon ng social media nun at bihira pa nagrerecord ng mga tv shows kaya wala ako mahanap na ebidensya pero di ko malilimutan yung interview na yun.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #1259 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 04:46 PM »

Nung bago pa lang sa politika si Vilma Santos may interview yan before sa Channel 2 kay Korina Sanchez, at inamin nya na yung 10% na SOP ay normal na nangyayari sa mga government projects nya dahil kalakaran daw yun.

Hindi pa kasi panahon ng social media nun at bihira pa nagrerecord ng mga tv shows kaya wala ako mahanap na ebidensya pero di ko malilimutan yung interview na yun.

Sorry but you heard wrong...that's not what she said in that interview.