Author Topic: The Nora Aunor Thread  (Read 266927 times)

Offline jdv1229

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Superstar Nora Aunor Thread Part Two
« Reply #930 on: Jun 03, 2005 at 06:00 PM »
Showtimes:
Saturday Jun 11, 2005 12:00 pm Preceded by Short: Babae
Tuesday Jun 14, 2005  8:00 pm

Naglalayag (123mins)
Angora Films International
Romantic drama
In Tagalog with English Subtitles

A chance encounter on a rainy night leads to a "May-December" affair between Dorinda, a widowed judge in her late 40s, and Noah, a young taxi driver half her age. Lonely and menopausal, Dorinda develops a fondness for the impulsive and energetic youth who admires her for her stability and humility. As true love emerges between them, it becomes increasingly apparent that their friends and family (and the media) will not take kindly to such an unlikely relationship. Will they defy convention and go on to live happily ever after? Or will they--like in real life--crumble under society's pressure? Directed by Maryo J. De Los Reyes, the film stars Nora Aunor, Yul Servo, Chanda Romero, and Jacklyn Jose.

--Winner, Best Picture, Best Actress (& other major awards), Manila Film Festival 2004
--Winner, Best Actress, Brussels International Film Festival 2004
--Winner, Best Actress, Tanglaw / Pasado awards 2004
--Nominee, Best Picture, Star / Enpress/ FAMAS/ FAP (Film Academy of the Philippines)
--Nominee, Best Actress, Star / Young Critics Circle/ Enpress/ URIAN/ FAP (Film Academy of Phil.)

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • born to love NORA AUNOR
  • Liked:
Salamat Jojo
« Reply #931 on: Jun 03, 2005 at 06:35 PM »
Thanks for posting these info my friend.  God bless always.   :)

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
Re: Salamat Jojo
« Reply #932 on: Jun 03, 2005 at 07:15 PM »
Thanks for posting these info my friend.  God bless always.   :)

you're welcome friendship! malapit na kasi ang festival and we're all so excited about Naglalayag's North American Premiere...

thanks for your efforts para mabuksan uli ang thread natin. iwas really desperate kaya i decided to start another one but i'm glad it's back!

take care & God Bless!

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
From ImaginAsian
Showtimes:
Saturday Jun 11, 2005 12:00 pm Preceded by Short: Babae
Tuesday Jun 14, 2005  8:00 pm

Naglalayag (123mins)
Angora Films International
Romantic drama
In Tagalog with English Subtitles

A chance encounter on a rainy night leads to a "May-December" affair between Dorinda, a widowed judge in her late 40s, and Noah, a young taxi driver half her age. Lonely and menopausal, Dorinda develops a fondness for the impulsive and energetic youth who admires her for her stability and humility. As true love emerges between them, it becomes increasingly apparent that their friends and family (and the media) will not take kindly to such an unlikely relationship. Will they defy convention and go on to live happily ever after? Or will they--like in real life--crumble under society's pressure? Directed by Maryo J. De Los Reyes, the film stars Nora Aunor, Yul Servo, Chanda Romero, and Jacklyn Jose.

--Winner, Best Picture, Best Actress (& other major awards), Manila Film Festival 2004
--Winner, Best Actress, Brussels International Film Festival 2004
--Winner, Best Actress, Tanglaw / Pasado awards 2004
--Nominee, Best Picture, Star / Enpress/ FAMAS/ FAP (Film Academy of the Philippines)
--Nominee, Best Actress, Star / Young Critics Circle/ Enpress/ URIAN/ FAP (Film Academy of Phil.)

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Salamat Jojo
« Reply #934 on: Jun 06, 2005 at 06:52 PM »
take care too sis.  God bless!!!

you're welcome friendship! malapit na kasi ang festival and we're all so excited about Naglalayag's North American Premiere...

thanks for your efforts para mabuksan uli ang thread natin. iwas really desperate kaya i decided to start another one but i'm glad it's back!

take care & God Bless!

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
Jojo, nes, got the Nora book; it's lovely.

Might as well say I saw Naglalayag, late last year; only got to mention it now. It's pretty good, and Yulo and Nora have a lovely, lovely chemistry. Does Nora deserve the Urian? I don't know, haven't seen the others (but I'm not a fan of either Judy Ann or Claudine's work). I'd say she deserves one a hundred times over...

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
Jojo, nes, got the Nora book; it's lovely.

Might as well say I saw Naglalayag, late last year; only got to mention it now. It's pretty good, and Yulo and Nora have a lovely, lovely chemistry. Does Nora deserve the Urian? I don't know, haven't seen the others (but I'm not a fan of either Judy Ann or Claudine's work). I'd say she deserves one a hundred times over...

finally i'm able to log back in. i was having difficulty 'coz i forgot my password  ;D

i'm glad that you like Naglalayag Noel. it's being shown here in New York as a part of the 2005 Filipino Film Festival at the ImaginAsian Cinema. i've seen the movie a lot of times on dvd but i'm was finally able to fully appreciate the film when i saw it last Saturday on the big screen in a pristine 35mm print with English subtitles. i was even asked to introduce the movie before the screening since i was instrumental in bringing Naglalayag here in the East Coast.

now more than ever after watching Ate Guy's performance in Naglalayag for the nth time i belive she was robbed of an URIAN Award which she truly deserves. i saw all the other nominated female performances and no one can hold a candle to Ate Guy. this is the fifth time the Manunuri has done this to her. first was in 1979 in Ina Ka Ng Anak Mo, then in 1981 for Bakit Bughaw Ang Langit? who can forget 1982 for Himala and 1984 for Bulaklak Sa City Jail & 'Merika. now i can say out loud that whatever respect i had left for the Manunuri is all gone.

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
now i can say out loud that whatever respect i had left for the Manunuri is all gone.

likewise.....

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
likewise.....

as in same here....grabe....haven't they learned their lesson with Himala.....'di na talaga natututo ang mga ito!

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
as in same here....grabe....haven't they learned their lesson with Himala.....'di na talaga natututo ang mga ito!

hindi na talaga sila matuto friendship... whatever their reason was mahihirapan na silang maisalba ang credibility nila. one funny thing was that during one of my conversations with Vincent Nebrida na-mention niya sa akin na the new members of the Manunuri are all Vilmanians as opposed to the members nu'ng 70's na kahit Noranians sila never nilang pinairal ang fan mentality. one thing is certain though paborito talaga ng mga Manunuri si Joel Lamangan and most of his films dahil two of the winners sa acting categories were from his film Sabel.

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
hindi na talaga sila matuto friendship... whatever their reason was mahihirapan na silang maisalba ang credibility nila. one funny thing was that during one of my conversations with Vincent Nebrida na-mention niya sa akin na the new members of the Manunuri are all Vilmanians as opposed to the members nu'ng 70's na kahit Noranians sila never nilang pinairal ang fan mentality. one thing is certain though paborito talaga ng mga Manunuri si Joel Lamangan and most of his films dahil two of the winners sa acting categories were from his film Sabel.

Nakakahiya talaga dahil if you will remember, a number of their members last year gave rave reviews on Naglalayag na kabaligtaran naman duon sa nanalo...  hindi man lang sila nakinig kay NUT who knows what he is saying...  well, even their chairman now have always been branded as  vilmanian.  nakakalungkot lang talaga kung sila pa ang magpapa-iral ng ganito kasi parang kabaligtaran ng kanilang pagiging manunuri.....ayun pala, sila ay mga mang-pupuri ng iilang artista at direktor....hayyyyy.....  :(

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:

Nakakahiya talaga dahil if you will remember, a number of their members last year gave rave reviews on Naglalayag na kabaligtaran naman duon sa nanalo...  hindi man lang sila nakinig kay NUT who knows what he is saying...  well, even their chairman now have always been branded as  vilmanian.  nakakalungkot lang talaga kung sila pa ang magpapa-iral ng ganito kasi parang kabaligtaran ng kanilang pagiging manunuri.....ayun pala, sila ay mga mang-pupuri ng iilang artista at direktor....hayyyyy.....  :(

my thoughts exactly! Gigi Alfonso & Mario Hernando were two of the judges sa Manila Film Festival and wrote rave reviews about Ate Guy's performance in Naglalayag. so did Butch Francisco and even the chairman of the Manunuri Lito Zulueta praised Ate Guy's luminous performance in Naglalayag. suddenly they went the other way and gave the award to Judy Ann. nakakadismaya talaga!

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
my thoughts exactly! Gigi Alfonso & Mario Hernando were two of the judges sa Manila Film Festival and wrote rave reviews about Ate Guy's performance in Naglalayag. so did Butch Francisco and even the chairman of the Manunuri Lito Zulueta praised Ate Guy's luminous performance in Naglalayag. suddenly they went the other way and gave the award to Judy Ann. nakakadismaya talaga!

hindi mo tuloy malaman kung tayo o ang sarili nila ang ginawa nilang tanga....but anyway, respetuhin na lang ang mga nagpapa-respetado kuno....

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
hindi mo tuloy malaman kung tayo o ang sarili nila ang ginawa nilang tanga....but anyway, respetuhin na lang ang mga nagpapa-respetado kuno....

how could i respect their decision if i don't have any respect for them at all? whatever reputation they had surely sank at the bottom of the barrell... imagine they gave the Best Picture Award to both Ebolusyon and Panaghoy Sa Suba (which i just has the chance to watch the other night and mind you i wasn't impressed!). they also did the same thing last year giving the award to both Magnifico and Babae Sa Breakwater...

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
how could i respect their decision if i don't have any respect for them at all? whatever reputation they had surely sank at the bottom of the barrell... imagine they gave the Best Picture Award to both Ebolusyon and Panaghoy Sa Suba (which i just has the chance to watch the other night and mind you i wasn't impressed!). they also did the same thing last year giving the award to both Magnifico and Babae Sa Breakwater...

considering the number of ties that they have given out and the number of their members that is less than ten, then the manunuris will be known in history as a bunch of indecisive geniuses.....  they cannot even make a stand kung alin ba ang mas magaling eh ang kaunti lang naman nila...  ano 'yun, just trying to accommodate people that they want or committed to praise???

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
I only believe in the verdict of history, myself. Never awards, never award-giving bodies.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
I only believe in the verdict of history, myself. Never awards, never award-giving bodies.

couldn't agree with you more...

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
i would like to thank everyone who attended last night's gala screening of Naglalayag at the ImaginAsian Cinema. it was a huge success! special thanks to Luis Pedron & Jonathan Chen of fanclubx.com and of course to the ICONians who were present last night at the screening. my sincerest thanks to Vincent Nebrida for inviting Naglalayag at this year's festival. it's been a great and rewarding experience.
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2005 at 07:36 AM by Jojo Devera »

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
i would like to thank everyone who attended last night's gala screening of Naglalayag at the ImaginAsian Cinema. it was a huge success! special thanks to Luis Pedron & Jonathan Chen of fanclubx.com and of course to the ICONians who were present last night at the screening. my sincerest thanks to Vincent Nebrida for inviting Naglalayag at this year's festival. it's been a great and rewarding experience.

congrats kapatid for spearheading the inclusion of Naglalayag to this prestigious event.....

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
congrats kapatid for spearheading the inclusion of Naglalayag to this prestigious event.....

thanks sis! i'm really proud of this accomplishment. it was really a great night for all of us lalo na sa mga Noranians. salamat din sa suporta ninyong lahat dahil hindi ko naman magagawa ito without all your support.

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
thanks sis! i'm really proud of this accomplishment. it was really a great night for all of us lalo na sa mga Noranians. salamat din sa suporta ninyong lahat dahil hindi ko naman magagawa ito without all your support.

friendship, baka naman makagawa ka ng paraan to come up with an "official" press release for the event with matching photos which we can distribute here sa 'pinas.....pleaseeeeee......   ;)

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
friendship, baka naman makagawa ka ng paraan to come up with an "official" press release for the event with matching photos which we can distribute here sa 'pinas.....pleaseeeeee......   ;)

i just posted the pics sa ICON as per your request...

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
i just posted the pics sa ICON as per your request...

thanks kapatid....but i need an ARTICLE sana detailing the event like how many attended, what is Imaginasia, who's Luis, programs, etc........am not sure kasi kung may naipost na si Luis.....salamat ulit.....sorry sa dami ng hinihingi, hehehe

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
On Behalf Of Luis Pedron

Subject: Re: *Nora-ICON* Naglalayag" at the 2005 NY Filipino Film Festvial

Greetings Leonel, Jojo and alll ICON members and officers who were there last night.... maraming salamat for bringing this film to NY....lahat nang mga friends and family kong nanood could not get enough of NORA... wow if only we could create a Nora Aunor festival.... ting! (thought bubble) that's an idea.....a Nora Aunor festival.... what do you think guys....

Alam ninyo, I went back to school for acting in 1998 and believe it or not all they taught us to do as an actor eh lahat nang ginagawa ni Ate Guy.... if only everyone acts like that in the big screen... enjoy sana tayo sa lahat nang pelikula... it got me inspired to write or find a material to pitch to Ate Guy.... pero let's start with the idea of a Nora Aunor film festival..... any thoughts....

I defintely want to talk to you guys about this, we should defintely have Ate Guy there....

Again, it was great working with you guys to promote "Naglalayag" it was a great success... this is just the beginning...

Here's to bringing Ate Guy and her work to more people here in the US! Mabuhay!

BTW, thanks for the DVD giveaways and for your DVD gift... maraming salamat! Naku, help me naman find a copy of "Himala." (My fave line in a Nora movie..."Walang Himala...." My fave line in a Nora acceptance speech...."Mamay mali ang hula nila...")

Pls give my love to Ate Guy! Tell her I am praying for her!

Sincerely, ever grateful,

Luis Pedron

Publisher/Reviewer

www.fanclubx.com Pls subscribe to our free newsletter:

http://www.fanclub.citymaker.com/newsletter1.html

LFP International Production Inc

75-18A Broadway # 544

Elmhurst NY 11373

[email protected]

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
THE 53rd FAMAS Awards
‘Naglalayag’ top winner in FAMAS
------------------------------------------------------------------
By MARIO E. BAUTISTA

AFTER several delays, the 53rd FAMAS Awards Night was finally held at the PICC on Sunday night. This was first scheduled in April, with them having ten nominations in each category, but they postponed it when ABS-CBN agreed to air its TV coverage. Since their running time was limited to three hours, they trimmed their number of nominations to only five each, so the many nominations of such films as “Anak Ka ng Tatay Mo” and “Spirit of the Glass” that they have already announced, were rescinded.

Imagine, it’s the middle of 2005 and it’s only now that they finally give honors to movies shown in 2004. It’s good we didn’t have any Manila Film Festival this June, or it could have given its own awards to them.

The movie that won the most number of awards in the Manila filmfest last year is actually the top winner in the FAMAS Awards, "Naglalayag" of Angora Films. Its director, Maryo de los Reyes, won as best director. He was also the FAMAS best director last year for "Magnifico." His winning augurs well for his new movie, "Happily Ever After," a trilogy that opens tomorrow.

"Naglalayag" is the May-December romance of a menopausal lady judge (Nora Aunor) and a much younger taxi driver (Yul Servo). It also won the trophies for best story for Irma Dimaranan, best editing for Jess Navarro, best cinematography for Odyssey Flores, best theme song for Rey Valera, and best supporting actress for Aleck Bovick. All these recipients were absent, including Aleck, who’s an obvious FAMAS favorite as this is her second trophy with them after her controversial best actress win for "Tampisaw."

Star Cinema, the film arm of ABS-CBN, was honored with several acting trophies. They got the very first awards of the evening for their movie, "Feng Shui." It won the best child actor and actress awards for John Manalo and Julianne Gomez, who played the roles of Kris Aquino’s terrified kids in the movie. Piolo Pascual and Claudine Barretto won best actor and best actress for their film, "Milan," where they played overseas workers in Italy.

The other winners are: best sound – Ramon Reyes for "Aicrape Imasu," best visual effects – Rolly Sto. Domingo for "Panaghoy sa Suba," best special effects – Fel Rodolfo for "Lastikman," best musical score – Jesse Lucas for "Mano Po 3," best production design – Joey Luna for "Aicrape Imasu," best screenplay – Cris Vertido for "Panaghoy sa Suba," and best supporting actor – Dennis Trillo for "Aicrape Imasu" (he won best actor in other award-giving bodies).

The FAMAS won’t be FAMAS without its countless special awards. So, for all its worth, here they are, if you’re interested: Flavio Macaso Memorial Award – Joe Lad Santos, Lou Salvador Award – Don Pepot, Dr. Jose Perez Award – Ronald Constantino, Lifetime Achievement Award – Pilita Corrales, Presidential Award – Ramon Revilla Sr., Huwarang Bituin Award – Dolphy, Circle of Excellence Award – Christopher de Leon, Mr. and Miss FAMAS Popularity – Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin (both are absent since they are shooting their new film, "I Will Always Love You"), Mr. and Miss FAMAS Screen Idol – Piolo Pascual and Bea Alonzo, Kuya Germs’ theatrical excellence award – Jon Joven (zino ziya?), Youth Achievement Award – Dennis Trillo and Angel Locsin, Pond’s Faces of the Night – Lani Mercado, Anne Curtis and, not to be missed since Pond’s commercial model, Claudine Barretto, and Golden Artist Award – Lea Salonga.

Since the night is meant to be a tribute to showbiz clans, all showbiz families who attended the awards night were also given their own awards. There was also a tribute for the late Fernando Poe, Jr., with Dolphy singing one of his favorite songs, "Kumusta Ka." His widow, Susan Roces, accepted the award with her niece, Sheryl Cruz.

The hosts that evening were Boy Abunda, Claudine and Lorna Tolentino. The opening number was rendered by ABS-CBN talents Vina Morales, Christian Bautista and Erik Santos. The fact that this is aired by ABS is evident even among the presentors that include even SCQ finds like Joross Gamboa, Roxanne Guinoo, Joseph Bitangcol, Rafael Martinez, and Michelle Madrigal.

And so, another awards-giving season has ended. The next awards will be given by the Entertainment Press, Inc. for their Golden Screen Awards for Television this coming September which, we heard, will be aired on GMA-7. The corrupt Philippine Movie Press Club, which never failed to cleanse its tainted name after their embarrassing awards scandal last March, is threatening to also hold their own Star Awards in October, even if their reputation remains badly blemished, to be aired by ABS-CBN.

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
imagine, FAMAS pa ang nakapansin ng ganda ng NAGLALAYAG....

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
‘Naglalayag’ fails to sail because few watched it
By Roger Serna
Sounds & images

Where can you find an award-winning movie exhibited in only two movie houses, in a theater circuit around a metropolis composed of at least 34 movie houses? In Cebu, where else?

The latest Maryo J. delos Reyes megger - Naglalayag, starred by the country’s quintessential actress, Nora Aunor, with an array of likewise award-winning thespians in the likes of Yul Servo, Jaclyn Jose, Pen Medina, Chanda Romero, Celia Rodriguez and, yes, Aleck Bovick (proving that her Famas Best Actress award last year was no fluke) – suffered an unimaginable fate.

Worse, only a few moviegoers patronized the film. Here we are talking about exerting effort to revive and resuscitate the dying local film industry; and when a good film comes along, nobody cares to watch it.

Some say they’d rather watch films that help them forget their problems and worries even for just a couple of hours or so. Escapism, huh!

Nothing wrong there. Only that they’re gonna miss something cerebral and enriching, to say the least. Well, if we’re deteriorating in more ways than one, and then we keep wondering why, don’t look too far.

(July 13, 2004 issue)

Offline loonzhaus

• Collector
  • Liked:
‘Naglalayag’ fails to sail because few watched it
By Roger Serna
Sounds & images

Where can you find an award-winning movie exhibited in only two movie houses, in a theater circuit around a metropolis composed of at least 34 movie houses? In Cebu, where else?

The latest Maryo J. delos Reyes megger - Naglalayag, starred by the country’s quintessential actress, Nora Aunor, with an array of likewise award-winning thespians in the likes of Yul Servo, Jaclyn Jose, Pen Medina, Chanda Romero, Celia Rodriguez and, yes, Aleck Bovick (proving that her Famas Best Actress award last year was no fluke) – suffered an unimaginable fate.

Worse, only a few moviegoers patronized the film. Here we are talking about exerting effort to revive and resuscitate the dying local film industry; and when a good film comes along, nobody cares to watch it.

Some say they’d rather watch films that help them forget their problems and worries even for just a couple of hours or so. Escapism, huh!

Nothing wrong there. Only that they’re gonna miss something cerebral and enriching, to say the least. Well, if we’re deteriorating in more ways than one, and then we keep wondering why, don’t look too far.

(July 13, 2004 issue)

nakakalungkot talaga ang nangyaring ito sis.  they missed a damn good movie.  ingats ka lagi.  miss you na.  sana email mo naman ako.  God bless my friend.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
Tomorrow, August 8 is the start of Sine Sine Film Festival in Daly City. Nora Aunor's Naglalayag will be screened Aug 8 and Aug 10. Click the url below for complete schedule:

http://www.pistahan.net/sine/screening.htm

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Nora beats Gong Li, Swank, Zhang Ziyi
Inquirer News Service

SUPERSTAR Nora Aunor added another feather to her acting cap last week by winning the Best Actress Award for “Naglalayag” at the 2005 Provincetown International Film Festival in Massachusetts.

Nora beat Gong Li (“2046”), Zhang Ziyi (“Mo Li Hua Kai” or “Jasmine Women”) and Oscar winner Hilary Swank (“Million Dollar Baby”) for the trophy.

Currently residing in San Bruno, California, Nora was not around to receive her award on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Manila) at the Cape Tip Estates in Provincetown Massachusetts, according to her manager Norie Sayo.