Author Topic: The Nora Aunor Thread  (Read 266916 times)

Offline pinoymovies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Nora Aunor Thread
« Reply #1110 on: Dec 23, 2007 at 03:02 PM »

As discussed in Pinoy DVD Releases, Himala is now available on DVD. Get your copy now at your local video stores.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2007 at 05:14 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1111 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 07:05 AM »
Himala DVD now available online thru Kabayan Central Website. Here's the url:

http://www.kabayancentral.com/video/star/cpsthimala.html

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1112 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 07:45 PM »
I finally saw Ina Ka ng Anak Mo yesterday at Cinema One. Brilliant and very nuanced performances from the three leads. Nora's final scene and that enigmatic smile that ended the movie spoke a thousand words and conveyed so much in just one almost offhand gesture. Amazing.

By the way, what ever happened to Raoul Aragon?

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1113 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 08:26 PM »
I finally saw Ina Ka ng Anak Mo yesterday at Cinema One. Brilliant and very nuanced performances from the three leads. Nora's final scene and that enigmatic smile that ended the movie spoke a thousand words and conveyed so much in just one almost offhand gesture. Amazing.

By the way, what ever happened to Raoul Aragon?

Thanks indie... Ina Ka Ng Anak Mo was the late Hammy Sotto's most favorite Brocka film. Raul Aragon is based in the US and is married to a very wealthy woman. He spends most of his time playing golf.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #1114 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 08:39 PM »
Wow, lifestyles of the rich and famous. :) I hope Cinema One will show more of these cool films next year. I was awed by Lolita Rodriguez's performance, too. As I mentioned earlier it's very nuanced. I think this was a better performance for her compared to Tinimbang...

I also have to say that considering that Ina... was shown in 1979, the print that Cinema One showed was still relatively pristine. I wonder where they got their copy.

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1115 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:23 PM »
My only problem with Ina Ka: Am not sure that Nora's reaction--to threaten to bring her mom and her husband to court--was a natural human reaction. If that happened to me, I prolly would've gone into a fit of rage and God knows what. That said, I must agree that the acting was superb all around.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #1116 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 05:24 AM »
It's a matter of opinion, of course; I thought Lolita's performance was powerful in Tinimbang (and are those real scabies on her scalp?), though I suppose Ina Ka was subtler. I do think Mario had the more complex role among the two in Tinimbang.

And hey, Jojo--who told you Ina Ka was Hammi's fave Brocka?  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2007 at 05:25 AM by Noel_Vera »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1117 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 07:36 AM »
Wow, lifestyles of the rich and famous. :) I hope Cinema One will show more of these cool films next year. I was awed by Lolita Rodriguez's performance, too. As I mentioned earlier it's very nuanced. I think this was a better performance for her compared to Tinimbang...

I also have to say that considering that Ina... was shown in 1979, the print that Cinema One showed was still relatively pristine. I wonder where they got their copy.

Lolita was good in Ina Ka but I thought she was much better in Tinimbang. Nora surprised everyone with her astonishing performance in the movie. Most critics thought she was much better than Lolita afterall she had less acting experience compared to her co-star.

Cinema One's copy was from Premiere Productions which released the movie...
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2007 at 07:37 AM by Jojo Devera »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1118 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 07:42 AM »
My only problem with Ina Ka: Am not sure that Nora's reaction--to threaten to bring her mom and her husband to court--was a natural human reaction. If that happened to me, I prolly would've gone into a fit of rage and God knows what. That said, I must agree that the acting was superb all around.

Isagani Cruz had the same problem with the revelation scene. He thought that taking them to court would be the last thing on Nora's mind. Come to think of it, she already resented her mother for the longest time and it was her chance to get even.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1119 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 07:43 AM »
And hey, Jojo--who told you Ina Ka was Hammi's fave Brocka?  ;)

Vincent told me...  ;)

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1120 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:11 PM »
Hmph. Okay, maybe he got it from Hammi direct. I've been saying that for the longest time...

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1121 on: Dec 30, 2007 at 03:39 PM »

As discussed in Pinoy DVD Releases, Himala is now available on DVD. Get your copy now at your local video stores.

More Nora Aunor postings from Video 48 blog...

The one with Himala DVD
http://video48.blogspot.com/2007/12/himala-dvd-now-available.html

Nora Movie Ads Circa 1967
http://video48.blogspot.com/2007/12/nora-aunor-circa-1967.html

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1122 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 11:15 AM »
Nora Aunor's Greatest Performance of my Life medley she performed at the 1991 Star Award now posted on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G-l3-SQlz4c

Thanks to Frida Manalo for posting the video clip.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 06:39 PM »
Alfred Yuson's review on HIMALA from Urian Anthology Book Two:

Himala 

***SOURCE: The Urian Anthology 1980-1989
REVIEW: HImala

Alfred A. Yuson Philippine Daily Express, 1983

DEFINITELY WORLD CLASS

"Himala" shows how adequate financing, strong support, and sophisticated choice of material and personnel can result in distinctively Filipino films which are definitely world class.

Ishmael Bernal handles "Himala" masterfully, relying more on his superb manipulation of acting talents than on fancy camera movement. Preferring to stay low-key in visual terms, he allows his dramatization to unfold on its own merits of story and characterization. He shuns flashiness of technique in favor of quiet exposition and build-up, as befits the flavor of his narrative. he hardly uses any reverse cutting, preferring to draw out terrific acting through simple one-shots.

Nora Aunor is perfect as Elsa; she leaves nothing to be desired in her interiorization and delivery. Gigi Dueñas is superlative as the counterpoint character of Nimia, the town whore/madame. She stands up stunningly as strong foil to Nora's central character.

"Himala" proves once again how we can upgrade film performance by casting theater talents in supporting roles. The brilliant Aunor gets all the solid backing she can ever get, this time from an array of supporters drawn mostly from the Bulwagang Gantimpala stable. These include the formidable Spanky Manikan in the crucial role of filmmaker, Laura Centeno as the disciple Chayong, Amable Quiambao as the potential successor Sepa, Ray Ventura as Sepa's stoic husband, and Pen Medina as Chayong's boyfriend. All five render impeccable performances.

But it is Dueñas who appropriately steals the thunder with her colorful role, and it is she who is given the best scenes by Bernal. His oblique tribute to Bergman's "Seventh Seal" (also reminiscent of La Saraghina's dance for the schoolboys in Fellini's "8 1/2") with Dueñas leading a bunch of kids in a frolicsome dance up a sand dune, in magic hour, is so simply and expressively beautiful. I hope Bernal doesn't mind so much being compared to the world greats of film, for he has undoubtedly earned the right to salute them in such a manner, nay, even slap "appear!" palms with them.

The only point when I felt "Himala" took an unnecessary dip occurs somewhere in the middle, from where Orly, the filmmaker, confesses to his having witnessed and recorded on film the simultaneous rape of Elsa and Chayong. Orly and the priest exchange dubious lines on the hoary issue of art versus morality, reality versus illusion. Then we are shown Chayong's suicide, evidently after much time had elapsed since her traumatic rape, without any hint of the experience coming from her or Elsa. Suddenly, there is a scene shift to two kids, dying with Elsa powerless to help them. It is obviously meant to be a sequence of events chronicling Elsa's fall from grace, and I feel there is a distinct error in chronology here. The impact of her best friend Chayong's death is severely diffused with the intrusion of the kid's dying scene which is supposed to give more evidence of Elsa's wane. Perhaps, the two scenes could have been interchanged, so that Chayong's death comes with more mounting intensity. Then it could have flowed on the funeral scene more logically.

As it is, the film takes time to pick up the pieces again, and re-establish a chronological rhythm that progresses successfully to the climactic assassination scene. The last gives ample evidence of Bernal's mastery of form and situation, i.e., his establishment of atmosphere, his crowd control, and the simple, remarkable editing. This sequence, together with the rain sequence, are most memorable.

I much prefer Ricky Lee's scripting in "Moral," where the contemporary set-up affords him all the chance to display his virtuous ear for dialogue. In a quasi-universal settings like "Himala," or "Salome" for instance, Lee is forced to lapse into thematic philosophizing, which sound terribly abstract and/or platitudinal. The use of the filmmaker as pivotal character in "Himala" is quite unoriginal, but I suppose there was no other way to incorporate a distanced observer who, at the same time that he is within the framework of the narrative, comments on the turn of events as an observer.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 09:27 AM »
Ate Guy at the height of her fame and fortune, produced and directed a movie for her youngest brother Eddie Villamayor.

Movie ad from Video 48 blog. Here's the link:
http://video48.blogspot.com/2008/01/nora-aunor-directs.html

Offline acyl_halide

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1125 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 11:43 AM »
I hope Nora Aunor does this movie. It would be a real cinematic event. Perhaps could be the big comeback for Nora. 

Mario O’Hara: Under-rated or over-the-hill?
By Bibsy M. Carballo
Monday, January 21, 2008
He always gave such a riveting performance onstage that we tried to watch him whenever we could. Last year, he was the frustrated playwright in Belong Puti from PETA; this year, a nation’s President thrown into prison by a coup in Kudeta from Tanghalang Pilipino (currently running at the CCP until Feb. 3). In both plays, Mario O’Hara made us laugh so hard until we realized the situations weren’t really funny, and were, in fact, dismal.

As we strode along the restaurant row fronting the CCP, Mario pointed to the murky water hidden by bright lights around and in the distance. “This is where I shot Babae sa Breakwater, “ he says of the much-acclaimed 2004 official selection to the Cannes Film Festival Directors Fortnight, O’Hara’s latest directorial work. The film that dealt with the hand-to-mouth existence of people living around the breakwater of Manila Bay won raves abroad and brought attention to lead Katherine Luna.

Soon, however, Katherine took the path of most showbiz denizens —  forgotten and forlorn — while its director O’Hara would happily return to acting while brewing yet another film project in his mind. Mario seemed to have this knack of turning things around easily. What is done is done, no need to dwell on the past. There is always the future to look forward to. And yet, this simplistic happy view of life seems to go counter to what the audience experiences in his films. He sets many of his works in a prison-like setting which its inhabitants — prostitute, ex-convict, retardate, drunkard, drug taker, the mistress — can either accept or fight. He is a master of the grim and violent which he exploits to perfection in his horror and action movies (Kastilyong Buhangin, Condemned, Bagong Hari, Pangarap ng Puso). He takes risks in everything he does, opting for the cutting edge instead of the safe sober path, and finding humor beneath the darkest stories of mankind in his writings and directions.

Many who have met him describe him as weird and snob. The most overused adjective we’ve encountered in reference to Mario has been underrated. Laughing loudly, he objects saying, “Hindi. Sabi nila over-the-hill na daw ako.”       

An Adamson University dropout in Chemical Engineering, Mario got into radio at age 17 doing radio dramas, which he found fulfilling enough to stop schooling. It was at DZRH where his friend and collaborator Lino Brocka met him and that began Mario’s venture into theater, TV and the movies.           

Brocka formed the Cinemanila film company with friends, and came out in 1974 with Tinimbang Ka, Ngunit Kulang with Mario and Lolita Rodriguez heading the cast, plus the newcomer 17-year-old Christopher de Leon. This unlikely love story between a leper and a deranged woman became an instant success, and Mario was given his break as a director in Mortal, a psychological drama based on the true-to-life story of Anthony Villegas imprisoned for killing his wife.

That Mario should choose such a subject for his first film would be typical of his succeeding directorial projects. His sympathies lay with characters in the fringes of society, the downtrodden, the misunderstood, and the outcast whom he portrays and directs with such bravura and apparent empathy.

He tells us he has done every genre in film except comedy and musical but would be open to try both, recalling a one time project with Dolphy that fell through. We will not venture to guess, just how dark this comedy would be when it’s finally made.

While he can’t remember exactly how many films he has directed, he does recall, however, the cast, some pertinent details in the shooting and the year they were produced. And although he tells us that he is first an actor, second a writer, and lastly a director, one cannot at all ignore the films he has directed among which are some of the best in Philippine cinema.

Half of his films were with Nora Aunor; a lot of them under the Regal banner (Mario has repeatedly called Mother Lily the best producer he has ever worked with). His works include Tatlong Taong Walang Diyos (1976) which gave Nora her first Urian trophy, Kastilyong Buhangin, and Halimaw sa Banga (1980), Bakit Bughaw ang Langit (1981), Gaano Ko Ikaw Kamahal (1982), Uhaw sa Pag-ibig (1983), Bulaklak sa City Jail (1984) Best Director at the MMFF, Bagong Hari (1986), Tatlong Ina, Isang Anak (1987), Johnny Tiñoso (1993), Fatima Buen (1994) Urian Best Director, Pangarap ng Puso (2000), Bulong ng Balakyot, Sisa, Condemned, Manananggal in Manila, Babae sa Bubungang Lata, Ngayon at Kailanman and Babae sa Breakwater.

Tatlong Taong Walang Diyos was produced during the much heralded Second Golden Age of Philippine Movies which also saw the likes of Eddie Romero’s Ganito Kami Noon Paano Kayo Ngayon; Mike de Leon’s Itim; Ishmael Bernal’s Nunal sa Tubig and Ligaw na Bulaklak; Lino Brocka’s Insiang (with screenplay by Mario); and Lupita A. Concio’s Minsa’y Isang Gamugamo. All these films were recognized and critiqued. Insiang won the 1976 Metro Manila Film Festival. Nora won her first Urian for Tatlong Taon which failed to be shown in the MMFF.

“Linaglag kami sa Festival,” says Mario matter-of-factly. The picture for the most part went unnoticed except for film buffs and Nora Aunor followers who marveled at its compassionate depiction of the Japanese invaders, and critic Noel Vera’s declaration of it being “arguably the greatest Filipino film ever made.”

Mario is proud of his meager body of work, never sorry for having done any of it. “Siguro nanghinayang lang,” he says, referring to the 1977 Metro Manila Festival entry Mga Bilanggong Birhen where he was replaced by producer Armida Siguion-Reyna with Romy Suzara. “Maganda ang script nun. Sayang,” sans rage or rancor.

Mario’s personal favorite, however, is Bakit Bughaw ang Langit where Nora plays an oppressed daughter made to care for a neighbor’s retardate son portrayed by Dennis Roldan. Noel Vera, perhaps the most consistent critic of Mario’s works, calls the film “one of the great unknown — perhaps lost —  treasures of Philippine cinema.“ Isagani Cruz, on the other hand,  compares the situation in the film with that in Brocka’s Bona and claims, “ In the comparison Brocka suffers. Where Bona fails, Bakit Bughaw ang Langit succeeds.”

But Mario is not one to dwell on the successes or failures of his projects, the what ifs and the wherefores of life. There are many more roles to play, many more films to shoot. He speaks of one pet project based on the Malay epic Bida Sari which he says would be the last Filipino film to be made, which would correct all the colonial misrepresentations in our history. Another would be the true story behind Nora’s skirmishes with drugs. “Pupuntahan ko si Guy sa America this year,” Mario shares.

Underrated, weird, over-the-hill? Perhaps a little of each, depending on who is speaking. For us, however, we see Mario as the ultimate Filipino filmmaker, stubborn survivor in the face of trials, the epitome of everything good and bad in the race, with the ability to find humor in the most miserable of human situations. Why are we a happy people when we are so poor and so exploited? Mario can answer that with a film.

(E-mail me at [email protected])

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1126 on: Jan 22, 2008 at 07:07 PM »
Wow mentioned twice. For the record, tho, Bulong ng Balakyot is Pangarp ng Puso's original title.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: Jan 22, 2008 at 07:18 PM »
“Pupuntahan ko si Guy sa America this year,” Mario shares.

O'Hara in a plane? That's a film in itself! ;D

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1128 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:27 PM »
Guy and Pip Day
at the Elwood Perez Retrospective
Monday, February 25, 2008
UP Film Institute
UP Diliman, Quezon City

Two Guy & Pip movies will be screened:
Till We Meet Again and I Can't Stop Loving You.
And the 2nd ICON Awards will be presented.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1129 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 06:02 PM »
STARS CONVERGE
The Stellar Art and Career of Elwood Perez
February 25-27, 2008
UP Film Institute

Feb 26

7:30 pm

BILANGIN ANG BITUIN SA LANGIT (Regal Films, 1989)

A determined barrio lass grows up as a powerful woman who succeeds in acquiring the wealth of the proud man she appears to loathe and at the same time love since childhood. Winner of over 20 awards and distinctions including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Music, Best Production Design, Best Actor for Tirso Cruz III, Best Actress for Nora Aunor from various local award-giving bodies- FAMAS, FAP, PMPC, URIAN.

Direction: Elwood Perez. Screenplay: Jake Cocadiz, Jigz recto. Cinematography:Ricardo Jacinto. Cast: Nora Aunor, Tirso Cruz III, Miguel Rodriguez, Gloria Romero, Perla Bautista, Ana Margarita Gonzalez.

This is probably Elwood's finest moment but  this film was never listed on the bastion of Nora's greatest performance. Cheesy or not, the man was able to deliver a story between the two leads spanning several years not to count behind the scenes moment that span for over two years in the making.

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008 at 06:31 PM by keating »

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1130 on: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:06 PM »
Guy and Pip Day
at the Elwood Perez Retrospective
Monday, February 25, 2008
UP Film Institute
UP Diliman, Quezon City

Two Guy & Pip movies will be screened:
Till We Meet Again and I Can't Stop Loving You.
And the 2nd ICON Awards will be presented.

REVIEW: Till We Meet Again
Nick Nicolas, Times Journal, 1985

"Till We Meet (Cinderella) Again

"Till We Meet Again" is a delightful fantasy about romantic love and filial relationships. It is also a film one rejoices; in emphatizing with. What a pleasantly vicarious experience it is to practically be an integral part of the relationships among Guy (Nora Aunor), Pip (Tirso Cruz III), Armida Siguion Reyna, and Dina Bonnevie.

Being a deliberately simple melodrama scripted by Rolando Tinio and Joey Javier Reyes, "Again" is the story of a very determined and strong woman who tackles adversity without resorting to hysterics and despair.

Except for a few scenes, one seems no to notice that "Again" is straight melodrama. This may be due to the fast pacing given the film by Rolando, Joey and Elwood Perez, director.

One would think that melodrama connotes sorrow and suffering but in Perez's film there's a sprinkling of humor --- not sophisticated humor, to be sure, but simple Filipino humor. Not slapstick, either, but humor which the audiences can readily relate to.

There's also a bit of nostalgia with the reunion of Guy and Pip. I suggest that they star in one or two more films. Their fans haven't forgotten them. At the Greenbelt Theater in Makati where I saw "Again" on its first day of showing, it was SRO and I had to sit on the aisle. But it was worth it, the audience clapping with pure rapture during some scenes showing Guy and Pip together. As I looked around, even in the semi-darkness of the cinema, I could easily perceive nearly tearful smiles. I got carried away by it all, and before long, I too, was clapping loudly and I felt fine, velvety and light.

Then, too, Guy's and Pip's acting abilities have vastly improved since their early films. Of course, Guy has now become a diamond as big as the Ritz, a true superstar, the only typical Filipina to have achieved such stature. Pip's artistry has also matured considerably. He is no longer the youngster brimming with sports and dance and youthful shenanigans.

In "Again," he's capable of expressing deep, complex emotions, as a man caught between two loves. He is compassionate when Dina Bonnevie, the liberated woman whom he later marries, feels confused about the direction her life is taking --- aimless, purposeless.

Armida, is perfectly cast as Pip's rich, arrogant mother who wishes to run his life. had the audience been a nest of vipers, they would have hissed and hissed at her, or probably bitten her to death.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1131 on: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
Review of BILANGIN ANG BITUIN SA LANGIT from Urian Anthology Book Two. Thanks to pinoymovies also of noraicon.com.

Quintessential Tagalog Movie
By Mario A. Hernando
Malaya, 1989

This is the quintessential Tagalog movie and a loving tribute to the "Golden Age of Philippine Cinema." Director Elwood Perez paints a melodramatic and panoramic portrait of the rise and fall of a poor, hard-working, and determined barrio lass and her lifetime stormy relationship with a childhood sweetheart. Legendary Nora Aunor and Tirso Cruz III are magnificent in dual roles, in a love-hate affair that spans generations, from their high school days in the province, to their twilight years in the big city.

The supporting cast led by Perla Bautista, Gloria Romero, and Miguel Rodriguez is also good. The cinematography and visual effects, complemented by a thoughtful production and costume design, are outstanding.

Perez's direction and Jake Cocadiz's script accentuate the passing eras' whims and fancies, and the dramatic confrontation scenes between the two stars dote on the so-called "masa" or "bakya" crowd. But the picture has enough sweep, drama, humor, and local color to make it an epic worthy of every moviegoer's attention and praise.

The cast is fine, especially Perla Bautista as the heroine's quiet, sympathetic, and indestructible mother. The two "contravidas," however, are straight out of Disney---or every oppressed Filipino peasant's image of the mestizo ruling class. The two actresses who play these villains nevertheless show contrasting abilities.

Gloria Romero as a high-strung, high-faluting "doña" is effectively spiteful. She is one actress who takes risks, like a professional soldier who follows do-or-die orders. In this picture, as in her previous assignments, she seem to have reveled in excesses---truly the ideal soap villainess.

Ana Margarita Gonzales as the heroine's sister-in-law, for her part, is also a "matapobre," but beside the redoubtable former movie queen, Ana lags far, far behind in the acting department. The kid, obviously still an amateur, sticks out like a sore thumb from the largely competent cast.

Tirso Cruz III, never known for Great Moments in Acting, does have his moments here. The very idea that he is not overshadowed by his blinding co-star speaks well of his talent as well as of his rapport with his perennial screen partner.

But "Bilangin" is clearly a Nora Aunor vehicle. The actress is in almost every frame of the movie, showcasing her awesome talent and exhibiting gradations of emotions---sad and pathetic, one moment, flippant and impetuous the next; loving and pleading now, then seething and raging like a woman scorned.

Not only does she essay the complex transformation of a woman in a time period spanning her mid-teens to middle age. She also plays dual roles---those of Magnolia, a strong and determined woman, and her youthful, exuberant daughter.

Source:
The Urian Anthology, 1980 - 1989

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM by keating »

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1132 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 12:12 PM »
New VCD Releases of Nora Aunor Movies available online at Kabayan Central:

T-Bird at Ako
http://www.kabayancentral.com/video/others/cpottbirdaako.html

Bakit Bughaw ang Langit?
http://www.kabayancentral.com/video/others/cpotbbal.html

Kastilyong Buhangin
http://www.kabayancentral.com/video/others/cpotkbuhangin.html

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1133 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 03:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. No subtitles, I assume, which is sad.

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1134 on: May 08, 2008 at 11:06 AM »
Guy & Pip Movie Ads 1970-72 posted at Video 48 blog. Here's the link:

http://video48.blogspot.com/2008/05/nora-aunor-tirso-cruz-iii-love-team.html

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1135 on: May 14, 2008 at 09:38 PM »
Nora Aunor Movies Pay-Per-View Online at TFC Now. Only $1.99 per movie or $7.95 per month subscription. The following movies are available:

Banaue
Ikaw ay Akin
Batu-bato sa Langit
Tatlong Ina, Isang Anak
Wanted Dead or Alayb
Roma Amor

and movies produced under NV Productions including Tisoy by Ishmael Bernal, Halimaw by Mario O'Hara and Alkitrang Dugo by Lupita Concio.

Here's the link:
https://now.abs-cbn.com/index-mc.aspx

Offline hung up 25

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1136 on: May 25, 2008 at 02:03 AM »
sa wakas napanood ko na rin kahapon ang Bona sa cinema one. ganda pala! na curious na tuloy ako sa mga movies ni ms. aunor! Ask ko lang ano title nung movie ni ate guy kasama niya din ata si philip salvador, amy austria tska isang actress cant remember kung sino... parang magkakasama sila sa isang house eh. forgot ko na yung ibang details... di ko napanood ng buo.nadaanan ko lang sa cinema one last year eh. kala ko nga yun ang bona. ???

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #1137 on: May 25, 2008 at 02:09 AM »
sa wakas napanood ko na rin kahapon ang Bona sa cinema one. ganda pala! na curious na tuloy ako sa mga movies ni ms. aunor! Ask ko lang ano title nung movie ni ate guy kasama niya din ata si philip salvador, amy austria tska isang actress cant remember kung sino... parang magkakasama sila sa isang house eh. forgot ko na yung ibang details... di ko napanood ng buo.nadaanan ko lang sa cinema one last year eh. kala ko nga yun ang bona. ???

tinik sa dibdib with philip, eddie garcia, dina bonnevie, and pilar pilapil. ito ba 'yun?
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline hung up 25

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1138 on: May 25, 2008 at 02:18 AM »
si dina nga ata hindi si amy austria. mahirap lang sila dun eh... kasma ni philip yung tatlong babae sa bhay....

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1139 on: May 25, 2008 at 02:27 AM »
it was Tinik sa Dibdib... i'm glad nagustuhan mo ang Bona... abangan mo din ang Ina Ka Ng Anak Mo also by Brocka... they show it on Cinema One as well.