Author Topic: ScratchProof DVD  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Asktig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Don’t always listen to what you’re told...think!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ScratchProof DVD
« on: Jul 28, 2005 at 05:08 PM »

ScratchProof DVD
TDK ScratchProof DVD is premium quality recordable DVD media that incorporates next-generation hard-coating technologies to achieve unprecedented durability. As demonstrated in rigorous laboratory testing, TDK ScratchProof DVD media is 100 times more scratch resistant than standard blank DVD media. The excusive DURABIS coating resists fingerprint smudges and other grime. What's more, ink easily wipes clean from the recording surface. The DURABIS coating is also anti-static to repel dust accumulation. Because the TDK DURABIS technology protects the recording layer, it can prevent write/read errors, jitter or even dropouts in recording and playback. TDK ScratchProof DVD media includes an anti-UV coating for protection against sunlight, which can damage standard discs.

8cm ScratchProof DVD
TDK 8cm ScratchProof DVD is advanced recording media for DVD camcorders and other applications where a compact, 30 minute/1.4GB disc is required. An exclusive TDK invention, 8cm ScratchProof DVD is up to 100 times more scratch resistant than standard DVD media. It also resists smudges and dust/static, common contaminants that can interfere with the performance of optical recording media. Anti-UV protection further ensures the discs' worthiness for heavy duty use in the field, where discs are frequently mishandled and exposed to a variety of threatening elements.

Broad Compatibility
Although designed primarily for recording in DVD camcorders, TDK 8cm ScratchProof DVD media can also be recorded in the majority of computer DVD drives and home DVD players/recorders. TDK 1.4GB 8cm ScratchProof DVD media can be played in virtually any home DVD player or computer DVD drive. Providing total compatibility with DVD camcorders, TDK 8cm ScratchProof DVD media is available in write once DVD-R and rewritable DVD-RW formats.

Why 8cm?
DVD camcorders record directly onto 8cm (3 inch), 1.4GB discs. After a TDK 8cm ScratchProof DVD is finalized in your camcorder, you can instantly take it out and play it in your home DVD player! DVD camcorders and TDK 8cm ScratchProof DVD media make it easier than ever to play camcorder footage on your home theater system. Sharing camcorder footage with family and friends is as simple as giving them the same disc you used to capture the footage.

http://www.tdk.com/recmedia/dvd/armorplateddvd.html

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
Re: ScratchProof DVD
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 05:15 PM »
I hope this can used as a standard in DVDs,  ;)
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
Re: ScratchProof DVD
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2005 at 05:20 PM »
I've already tried an Imation Forcefield DVD-R 8x (single-layer, media I.D. - FUJIFILM03), successfully burned with my Lite-on 1653S and successfully tested on NERO CD-DVD Speed.

Free sample lang from Imation Phil. given to me 2 weeks ago. For demo purposes, they handed me an ordinary button, sabi nila try and scratch it.  Scratch resistant talaga.

They're already offering it to distributors, but no distributor wants it.  Bakit daw ayaw? Masyado daw niche market ang potential customers at masyado daw mahal. 

But I disagree.  P35.00 to P36.00 each lang naman ang suggested retail price.  Why not?

http://www.imation.com/products/dvd_media/dvd_forcefield_discs.html
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2005 at 05:26 PM by barrister »