Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures: DVD you own but too to shy admit  (Read 16964 times)

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guilty Pleasures: DVD you own but too to shy admit
« on: Nov 23, 2001 at 12:26 AM »
I really don't know if this have been discussed before.  
I'm just wondering if any of you guys have a particular DVD in your collection which you feel is to embarassing (for whatever reason) to admit you have.  

If you're still too embarassed to post the title of the said DVD here, try to hide the text (which I hope I did successfully below) or maybe just use an external link to point to the particular DVD. That way, not everybody will see it at once...hehehehehe ;D

I'll start.

title: using your mouse, highlight here--->Playboy: Karaoke 1
or click here!

my reason for buying the title: it's just 500 buck at OMI :P

my REAL reason for buying the title:
highlight here --> it's an interesting watch.  Who the hell cares about the karaoke!!

Offline clockwork chico

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Guilty Pleasures: DVD you own but too to shy a
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 01:01 AM »
cool thread!

guilty pleasure ahh.. i have a couple of dvd's catered to the mature crowd  ;) ..of course its not posted sa site ko hehe

pahiram nga bart ng karaoke dvd mo..i love singing kasi eh! hehehe

besides that, i have g.i.joe and transformers the movie..pero they're kinda cool though..just for the nostalgic feeling of it all  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 01:25 AM »

pahiram nga bart ng karaoke dvd mo..i love singing kasi eh! hehehe

WARNING: Parental Guidance (adult subtext)

clockwork, I guess you'll be too distracted :o viewing the running lyrics, you love singing pa naman. Baka you won't be able to sing when your mic... este...your voice gets stiff ;D

Pero sige, I'll lend it to you on the next PinoyDVD EB.  Swap tayo ng bala.  Human Anatomy kasi is my fave subject back in high school.  I need to review ;D

Offline clockwork chico

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 01:31 AM »

WARNING: Parental Guidance (adult subtext)

clockwork, I guess you'll be too distracted :o viewing the running lyrics, you love singing pa naman. Baka you won't be able to sing when your mic... este...your voice gets stiff ;D

who said sasabayan ko ng kanta sa pagpanood ng dvd mo...haha

Pero sige, I'll lend it to you on the next PinoyDVD EB.  Swap tayo ng bala.  Human Anatomy kasi is my fave subject back in high school.  I need to review ;D

sure...! actually anatomy too is my fave intercourse, ay course pala

why do i have a feeling this thread will be locked soon hahahaha

Offline dzone23

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 01:36 AM »
mga bastos!

ako din pahiram.  ;D

Offline GiMMiCK413

• Apprentice
  • KaMuSTa Na!?  aNoNg GiMiK NaTiN DiYaN?! =)
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 01:49 AM »
aSnAoLnOg-hCiRdIdTe
EnRtIeOxNt!?

Offline clockwork chico

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 02:11 AM »

aSnAoLnOg-hCiRdIdTe
EnRtIeOxNt!?

u have that??? man, i'd really wana get a copy of that disc....are u willing to sell it?

i forgot to mention that i also have caligula..err, kasi galeng ng script! haha  ;D

Offline GiMMiCK413

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 02:29 AM »

u have that??? man, i'd really wana get a copy of that disc....are u willing to sell it?
i forgot to mention that i also have caligula..err, kasi galeng ng script! haha  ;D
Uhhhhhh.. have what? ;) I neither confirm nor deny! :P hehe .. dunno what u saw -- it was hidden ;) ;) ;) .. hehe .. to answer your question, if i did have it, it would probably be a nice "little" trophy (although I'm hearing it's one of the most repulsive films.. i haven't seen it .. go figure ??? .. i think it's a case of being more of a collector than a film lover)
Oh, don't feel bad .. I have Caligula too (ewan ko ba) .. I think it was the label "unrated" that pushed me over the edge :D ..

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 02:35 AM »

aSnAoLnOg-hCiRdIdTe
EnRtIeOxNt!?

I haven't seen the film but heard that it's disturbing and very controversial.
I surfed at Amazon's Listmania and this film never fails to land on 'odd' lists such as the following:
1. Extreme Cinema
2. Films that are almost impossible to view
3. Disturbing Movies
4. 13 Movies to drive you insane
5. http://if u like 8 or more of these 15, ur 2 late 4 any kinda help (cool list title ;D)

It actually made me all the more curious ???

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 02:41 AM »
Hehehe. Mga dudes, I really hope that this thread does not end up being about Rated R dvds since we already have a thread on that:

Rated R DVDs.

I'm leaving this thread open in the hopes that people can include a wider range of titles and not only Rated R DVDs.

Anyway, to get back on topic:

Meron din akong isang adult oriented DVD, pero I'm not that ashamed of owning it so I guess that does not count in this thread.

I guess the only DVDs I'm sort of ashamed of owning are Erin Brockovich and The Mighty. Why? Because I enjoyed Erin Brockovich even more than my mom and sisters did and I actually cried when I watched The Mighty. Go figure.

Offline GiMMiCK413

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 02:47 AM »

I guess the only DVDs I'm sort of ashamed of owning are Erin Brockovich and The Mighty. Why? Because I enjoyed Erin Brockovich even more than my mom and sisters did and I actually cried when I watched The Mighty. Go figure.
Phobos- I commend you .. It takes a big man to admit owning those titles ;) .. hehe .. joke lang! :) On a serious note, Erin won what, 3 Academy Awards?  I haven't seen The Mighty, but if you're willing to admit it jerked a tear out of u, I'll take your word for it ;) ..

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 02:53 AM »
If I did have a DVD that I owned that I would be too shy to admit, then I would be too shy to admit it here, diba?  ;D So kahit anong DVD ang imention ko dito, then it's something I'm NOT shy to admit. he.he.

I've got several R Rated DVDs. I've got the Sopranos, Three Kings, Devil's Advocate...R Rated sila diba? :) Ok, of course I know what is meant. I do have several R rated adult movies (like "Embrace of the Vampire" starring Alyssa Milano) and 1 outright XXX DVD.

Offline GiMMiCK413

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 03:26 AM »

I haven't seen the film but heard that it's disturbing and very controversial.
I surfed at Amazon's Listmania and this film never fails to land on 'odd' lists such as the following:
1. Extreme Cinema
2. Films that are almost impossible to view
3. Disturbing Movies
4. 13 Movies to drive you insane
5. http://if u like 8 or more of these 15, ur 2 late 4 any kinda help (cool list title ;D)

It actually made me all the more curious ???
Hahahahah! I just noticed that your #5 was a joke URL hahahaha! :D ..

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to come up w/ those Amazon listmania results :P .. of course it's titles like that that hold a certain morbid allure for sick, twisted, demented impressionable DVD collectors (oops! hehe) .. You know, it's the same allure that made the "Faces of Death" series a cult classic ... ewwww!

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2001 at 08:30 AM »
I have Shania Twain concert dvd. Yikes !

BUT in my defense, I bought it not because of her ... I really liked the the cute guy playing the violin .. and the hunky bass guitarist.  ;D ;D ;D

Music is not that bad either .. the songs are catchy. And there's this one gal pulled from the audience (an Alicia Silverstone look-alike) who kept screaming and moving to the beat and opening her mouth while Shania was singing but when Shania put the mike on her, she didn't know the song ! That was really embarrassing. She just stood there screaming.

Offline woodie520

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdie Partner!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2001 at 09:06 PM »
Ako merong Menudo Concert DVD ... he he he (joke lang) ... pero kung meron man ako nito .. di ko kahihiya ... di ba? ... he he he ...

woodie520  ;D

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2001 at 12:08 AM »
;D Naka! Kaya pala dyahi ang iba riyan eh puro kalaswaan ang dvds nila ha ha ha ha.  ;D Meron nga ako kilala diyan isang set of 15 dvd titles of URRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! Type ko nga hiramin kahit 2 titles man lang he he he.

Well, going back. I don't know kung dapat kong ikahiya but I own a copy of BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY. Malalim ang luha ko pero watching that movie made me not only teary eyed but also caused me to suffer heartburn. Ang sakit sa didbid.I even have a copy of that book which I still keep in almost brand new condition he he he ;D

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2001 at 11:29 AM »
Gimmick143, you own Salo and haven't watched it! Well, I have (hiniram ko yung laserdisc). Hay naku, I can't warn you enough to make sure that when you do decide to watch it that you're either alone, or with people whose sensibilites are not easily offended. Also that you haven't eaten within the last two hours. I'm not kidding! Hindi siya yung tipong pa-gross o pa-disturbing lang kunwari. The movie really gets under your skin. I've seen and participated in my fair share of out there events whether in real life or just in movies, but this one really took the cake. After a certain point, I had to actively chant to myself "It's only a movie... It's only a movie..." There are actually some funny parts pero parang mahihiya ka sa sarili mo kapag natawa ka considering all the other stuff that's happening on screen. But you really should watch it before you get rid of it, just for the experience.

Offline flyderman

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Friendly Neighborhood
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2001 at 12:34 PM »

I actually cried when I watched The Mighty.

Heheh, you're not alone, dude.  I also shed some tears on that movie.  I usually get moved by films about buddies, dunno why.  :-[

Offline GiMMiCK413

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2001 at 03:49 PM »

Gimmick143, you own Salo and haven't watched it! Well, I have (hiniram ko yung laserdisc). Hay naku, I can't warn you enough to make sure that when you do decide to watch it that you're either alone, or with people whose sensibilites are not easily offended. Also that you haven't eaten within the last two hours. I'm not kidding! Hindi siya yung tipong pa-gross o pa-disturbing lang kunwari. The movie really gets under your skin. I've seen and participated in my fair share of out there events whether in real life or just in movies, but this one really took the cake. After a certain point, I had to actively chant to myself "It's only a movie... It's only a movie..." There are actually some funny parts pero parang mahihiya ka sa sarili mo kapag natawa ka considering all the other stuff that's happening on screen. But you really should watch it before you get rid of it, just for the experience.
Yikes! :o Why the heck do i have this disc?!  acckkkk!!  Well, after your warning, I'm not sure I ever want to watch it now! hehe .. Anyway, thanks for letting me know .. sorry for the delayed response; I didn't get an email notification that there was a reply to this thread ;) .. I don't know about the "just for the experience" thing -- I'm very impressionable and my sensibilities are quite delicate;) .. hehe ..

Offline gonz

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2001 at 05:17 PM »
I'm not ashamed of any DVDs in my collection.  There are a few that I regret having bought, like the first Pokemon movie (because my kids never watch it anymore, unlike, say, Toy Story or Shrek which have lots of replay value for them) -- but there's already a thread on that subject:  Have you ever regretted buying a DVD?
It's always darkest just before it gets pitch black.

Offline LYON

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2001 at 03:14 AM »
i don't know if it's right to be ashamed of this dvd, anyway
i have a dvd of Caligula

Offline Paltik

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2001 at 04:31 AM »
caligula? that's a great classic. you have nothing to be ashamed of. i bought the carpenters about a year ago, lol, now that's embarassing.    ;D

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2001 at 05:07 AM »
Ha! ha! It seems everybody has a Caligula.  ;D Ako din. Unrated version pa. I bought it kasi I was very impressed with Peter O' Toole's acting. (YEAH RIGHT!!!  ::) )

Pero I got the Carpenters DVD too, pero I'm not embarrassed by it at all. They have written some really great songs and I think Karen Carpenter owned probably the greatest, most beautiful voice in the history of pop. Opinion ko lang naman po.  :) Ewan ko, just listening to her sing is enough to drive me to tears. Kung gusto nyo akong paiyakin, iplay nyo lang ang "For All We Know", bibigay na ako...

Hey Palik! Saw your recommendation of MAX PAYNE in another thread. Cool! I have played it too and it's amazing.

Offline Paltik

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2001 at 05:15 AM »
ey komikero, im glad you share my admiration for karen carpenter. now i dont feel so embarassed  ;D . come to think of it, she does sound like an angel. if mermaids and angels really do exist and sang, then they would have karen carpenters voice  :'(

Offline espace

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2001 at 06:01 AM »

Lyon, Komiks and Paltik:

I have both DVD's - Caligula and Close to You: Remembering the Carpenters. 8)

Caligula is a classic, I saw it first at a movie theater in London at about the time Di was getting married to Charles (oops, giving out my age here :-X).

The Carpenters was a disk given by my father-in-law. We watched it over and over again (my daughter expecially liked the Japanese ads they included) and had such an effect on us that we played our Carpenters' CD's for about a week after that. Of course, we OD'd on it (similar to the Happiness Hut in Addam's Family Values) ;D

Your attitude is your life.
Maximize your options.
Never take anything too seriously.

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2001 at 02:33 PM »

"barry manilow live and tae-bo"

ginawa ko lang yung style ni bartmaniac.... ;D

bently
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline Dozer

• Collector
  • Where?
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 30, 2001 at 04:16 PM »
title: Imma Youjo volume 1
my reason for buying the title: Wala lang... hehehe.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 30, 2001 at 07:47 PM »

ey komikero, im glad you share my admiration for karen carpenter. now i dont feel so embarassed  ;D . come to think of it, she does sound like an angel. if mermaids and angels really do exist and sang, then they would have karen carpenters voice  :'(

:DHey Paltik and Komiks! There is indeed nothing to be ashamed of if you are a Karen Carpenter fan. I have been a huge fan  eversince "Top of the World" and "I won't last a day without you" conquered everyone's hearts (and ears of course). Karen had the most distinct voice and hers was something like manna from heaven. Very  angelic and crystal clear without the usual affectations. For me, her voice tops in my most beautiful list, followed only by artists like Tracy Thorne (EBTG), Barbra, etc.  I have a collection of her cds and I share it to anyone who really loves good, wholesome music. It was just too bad that she had to go and take a permanent vacation. Sayang na sayang talaga. :'(

Offline EBTGmike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 30, 2001 at 11:43 PM »
Carpenters is cool.  :) Love their music. (can't resist commenting about them   ;))

Offline MongoDroid

• Apprentice
  • Hoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2001 at 12:05 AM »
hmmm.. half my collection are guilty pleasures.
Tromeo and Julliet
Terror Firmer
Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell
Toxic Avenger
Emmanuel in Space
Dead Alive

I guess I'm just a B-movie Lover