Author Topic: To Kill a Mockingbird (Legacy Series)  (Read 605 times)

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+433)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1259
To Kill a Mockingbird (Legacy Series)
« on: Jun 22, 2005 at 11:07 PM »
from DVD Times:

To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) SE in September - Artwork and Specs revealed
Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of To Kill a Mockingbird (Special Edition) for 6th September 2005 priced at $26.98 SRP. Gregory Peck stars in Robert Mulligan's 1962 classic in which a lawyer in the Depression-era South defends a black man against an undeserved rape charge and his kids against prejudice.

Presented as part of their new Legacy Series of titles the film has been digitally remastered to give state-of-the art picture quality with fully restored audio featuring all-new enhanced 5.1 tracks. This two-disc limited edition features collectible packaging and the following features:

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English DD2.0 Mono, DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround
French DD2.0 Mono
English, French and Spanish subtitles
Feature commentary with director Robert Mulligan and producer Alan Pakula
A Conversation with Gregory Peck: Documentary produced by his daughter, Cecilia Peck, taking you inside the personal life of film legend Gregory Peck
Excerpt from Academy Tribute to Gregory Peck: Cecilia Peck’s heart-warming speech in honour of her father
Academy Award Best Actor acceptance speech: Gregory Peck’s speech after winning an Oscar for his performance as Atticus Finch
American Film Institute Life Achievement Award: Gregory Peck’s speech after receiving the AFI Life Achievement Award in 1989
Scout Remembers: An interview with Mary Badham about her experience working with Gregory Peck
Fearful Symmetry: The Making of To Kill A Mockingbird

The DVD will also include a replica of the To Kill a Mockingbird script with the original notes from Gregory Peck.

Offline classicman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: To Kill a Mockingbird (Legacy Series)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2005 at 07:01 AM »
i will definitely pass on this one since my present Collector's Edition release is practically the same except for the dts audio track, which to me is a mere marketing ploy to encourage double dips than anything else..... 8)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2005 at 01:16 AM »

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2006 at 09:31 AM »
i was not able to verify kung ano ang copy ko nito but i feel di na kelangan ng double dip