Author Topic: HONG KONG HOLIDAY  (Read 4947 times)

Offline idiotpilot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HONG KONG HOLIDAY
« on: Aug 24, 2008 at 08:00 PM »
Hey everybody! This is my first post in the community. I found this while researching on a film I have to watch and write about for school. The film I was assigned to is Hong Kong Holiady (1957) starring Gloria Romero, Ric Rodrigo, Dolphy, Paraluman, etc. I was just wondering if you all could help me by sharing some facts you know about the film. I'm a college student and I've been researching but I'm asking about the hard to find facts about the film I havent discovered.

Does anyone know if the film got any awards? If so, what?

Does anyone know of any database of pictures, or even any links of pictures from the film? Or of any of the characters in the film back in the day? Like, old pictures of sina Dolphy, etc.

I've only found some but it still hasn't been enough. I hope if you know, you can share some information. Thanks so much! I'd also like to hear your comments on the film. Personally, I loved it and I see some parallellism to HK Holiday and Hepburn's Roman Holiday. I watched both as to make a more detailed analysis on my paper and now I want to know what you all think.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: HONG KONG HOLIDAY
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2008 at 08:12 PM »

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 12:58 AM »
In the "Dolphy at 80" specual recently aired on TFC, Dolphy talks a little bit about his experience making the movie. Particularly about how the Hong Kong rickshaws that was prominently featured in the movie are no longer in existence.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2008 at 03:15 PM »

Sorry idiotpilot, don't have any facts on the said movie. But I do want to share with you the enthusiasm in watching this movie. This is one of my favorite b/w tagalog movies that we used to watched on RPN 9 back then. Dolphy was hilarious in this movie. As always, Gloria and Ric are a match made in heaven! While Paraluman is a lovable prima donna. ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008 at 03:19 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 01:52 AM »

Poster courtesy of Video48