Author Topic: Pag may sira... FIX IT!  (Read 7758 times)

Offline gladiator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pag may sira... FIX IT!
« on: May 05, 2002 at 12:40 PM »
Guys, as I have mentioned in previous threads, I own a FIX IT Shop located at G. Araneta Ave, cor. Del Monte Ave, QC (SFDM Branch). We service a wide variety of electronic equipment such as TVs, VCRs, CD/LD/DVD players, Amps, Fax, PCs, etc. The store's open Mon to Sat (9AM-7PM).

To give you an idea, we charge a min. deposit of P240.00 per unit for the diagnosis of your unit's defect. The said deposit is deductable from the total billing although if the customer decides to pull-out the unit or if it is deemed unrepairable due to heavy tampering or parts availability, the deposit shall be deemed non-refundable as our diagnostic fee.

You can post some of your repair concerns here, might be able to give you some insights. Drop by my shop for a more detailed diagnosis. Thanks!

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re:Pag may sira... FIX IT!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2002 at 10:09 PM »
Hi Gladiator,

I have a defective infrared headphone, how much kaya do you charge for repair? Sana may discount!  ;)
Do you change just in case you can't repair it?  ;)

Offline toluk

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2002 at 09:39 AM »
Gladiator, I have a promac 2003 and I think it is a good dvd player because it can play all the discs i bought. . . so far. The problem is after a few weeks, the picture started to flicker and the picture became darker, requiring me to adjust the brightness of my tv. what do you think is the problem? and, have you encountered this problem at fix it? con you repair it? would it require parts?

Thanks.

Offline gladiator

• Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002 at 01:39 AM »
Sorry for the late reply guys...  :)

Meowpao,
I can't give you a proper estimate for your defective headphone bec. I don't know what the problem is. No Power? Does not transmit/receive? No Sound? Although I can tell you that our minimum charge for labor is P400 depending on the work to be done on your unit it can go up along with any defective part that need to be replaced. Just try to drop by the shop so we can check it out k. Thanks!

toluk,
How long have you been using your dvd player? Has it only been a couple of weeks since you bought the item? If so, I suggest that you bring it to the Promac Center to have it checked first bec. it might still be under warranty and if tampered by others, may void the former. Some causes maybe: weak lens, defective focus drive IC, defective video board or just might be a mechanical alignment problem. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002 at 09:24 AM »
Hi gladiator,

i would like to ask your honest opinion on the  experiences i had at a FIX IT shop in San Juan.

First is my PC monitor which suddenly wont turn on. Dinala ko ito sa FIX IT shop and was tempted to let them do the repair because they are only charging P350 for the labor. after a few a days, they mentioned that the problem was the regulator and would cost me P1400 for the part. since i need my PC badly i let them repair the monitor.
ganun ba kamahal ang regulator?
Just a few weeks ago, my Pioneer CLD-3070 laser disc player bogged down. and the front display is all lighted up. pushing some buttons makes the display different but not the previous  normal display. so my hint is that problem is more or less on the electronics.
My brother brought it then to the FIX IT shop and let them do the check up. He received a call from the shop (after one day) and informed him that  it has a mechanical problem and it would cost P3500 to repair.
kaya lang ng tinanong ng kapatid ko kung nakuha nila yung CD na naiwan sa loob, ang sagot sa kanya titignan palang nila.
pina-pull out ko yung unit kasi mukhang lokohan ang mangyayari.

are  there are regulations  that would protect  FIX IT from DISHONEST franchise shops.

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002 at 11:49 AM »
i would like to ask your honest opinion on the  experiences i had at a FIX IT shop in San Juan.

my apologies, just passed by the repair shop in San Juan and the name is not FIX IT but  FIX master.  

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002 at 12:18 PM »

my apologies, just passed by the repair shop in San Juan and the name is not FIX IT but  FIX master.  

Pre,

Dapat 'ata sa ACEBEDO ang punta mo ;D ;D ;D

Peace ;)

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002 at 04:07 PM »

Pre,

Dapat 'ata sa ACEBEDO ang punta mo ;D ;D ;D

Peace ;)

Bro,

siguro nga  :) kasi if you are into HT lumalabo ang paningin mo (gusto mo na malaking TV) at humihina ang pandinig mo kaya upgrade ka sa powerful AVR.
in the end,  butas ang bulsa mo.  ;D

Offline gladiator

• Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2002 at 02:16 AM »

Hi gladiator,

First is my PC monitor which suddenly wont turn on. Dinala ko ito sa FIX IT shop and was tempted to let them do the repair because they are only charging P350 for the labor. after a few a days, they mentioned that the problem was the regulator and would cost me P1400 for the part. since i need my PC badly i let them repair the monitor.
ganun ba kamahal ang regulator?

What is the part number of the said regulator? There are different kinds of regulators; they can be voltage, power, regulator drives, etc. Usual prices for these types of parts would range from P200 - P800 only kasi eh. Cannot comment if the price they gave you is that high pero baka naman nahirapan sa pag repair and since nabigyan kana ng price sa labor, tinaasan nalang niya yun part.  ???  ::) That's why sa "Fix It" shops, we charge a deposit for units so we can thoroughly check the defect before we give an estimate. For the consumer's protection din kasi yun eh.  ;)  :)

Just a few weeks ago, my Pioneer CLD-3070 laser disc player bogged down. and the front display is all lighted up. pushing some buttons makes the display different but not the previous  normal display. so my hint is that problem is more or less on the electronics.
My brother brought it then to the FIX IT shop and let them do the check up. He received a call from the shop (after one day) and informed him that  it has a mechanical problem and it would cost P3500 to repair.
kaya lang ng tinanong ng kapatid ko kung nakuha nila yung CD na naiwan sa loob, ang sagot sa kanya titignan palang nila.
pina-pull out ko yung unit kasi mukhang lokohan ang mangyayari.

are  there are regulations  that would protect  FIX IT from DISHONEST franchise shops.ope this helps  

In my opinion, a mechanical problem would not result in the defect your stating. One cause might be a System IC defect, bec. this controls all functions of your unit or a Power Supply Problem. If there's a problem with the mechanical assembly of the tray or the optical lens itself, the unit would only have trouble reading discs and not affect the display or functions of the player. Although I cannot be 100% accurate on this, since because we haven't actually diagnosed your unit. This is just to give you a working idea for your problem. Hope this helps!  8)

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2002 at 09:51 AM »
gladiator,

thanks for the reply.

as for the PC monitor's regulator, have no idea since no electronic parts were turned over. kaya no way of verifying.

for the LD player,  i agree with your opinion/diagnosis that this is more of an electronic  problem. and that's the reason why i pulled out the unit .
they were able to make a quote and it seems they have not opened the unit yet ( kasi di nila nakita yung CD na naiwan sa loob ).

never na kong babalik sa shop na yun for repair.

Offline rmpmla

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2002 at 10:44 PM »
gladiator,

You are right ! :) The problem with my Pioneer LD is not mechanical in nature but more on electronics.

Got a chance to buy a similar model LD with tray eject  defect at a reasonable price (1K) !

Have switched the front panel and now working properly.

It cost me 1 thou and got lots of spare parts! :)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2002 at 10:01 PM »
Hey Gladiator,

I have a problem with my Pioneer DV515 dvd player.It happend just today when I was watching The Mummy.I skipped some chapters to view the middle and the picture occcasionally had some lines in it.Particularly the upper part.I don't think its the TV cause the movie was wide screen and it happend inside the picture.It is kind of like the vertical hold line but flickering.Is there such a thing as a lense alignment for dvd players? Is it just dirty? How much do you charge if its only cleaning?I'm going to your shop tomorrow, will you be there?

Sabi mo sa isang thread may discount fellow PINOYDVD member?hehe ;D

P.S. I tried playing The Mummy on a Philips player and it went on fine.
hope you go to your shop tomorrow para at least may priority.A fellow dvd addict knows how hard it is not to be able to use his player for even a day. ;D

Elf 8)
It takes a little more persistence to get up and go the distance

Offline gladiator

• Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2002 at 01:26 AM »
rmpmla,

that's good to hear! laki natipid mo dyan pre  :)

elf,

Hi sorry for the late reply... ngayon lang ako nakapag-log-on eh. Anyway, the problem may just be isolated in your dvd player. Might be a lens problem so just bring it by so we can thoroughly diagnose it. Don't worry I'll have your unit prioritized and give you a very reasonable price for the service. I don't have a fixed schedule when I'll be at the store but you can text me before you drop by... might be able to arrange something. Thanks!

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 02, 2002 at 12:43 AM »
Hi gladiator,

Do you repair Sony video8 handycam? Im not using it for a long time and planning to give to my brother, but when i tested the video recording last time, i found that theres a humming noise during the playback ( sounds like a noise of micrphone when its near the speaker ) and cant understand the recorded dialogue anymore. Pls. help, can you  ( or anybody who has tech knowledge about this handycam) give me the idea what is the problem before i proceed to the Sony repair center

Thanks,

;) almondski

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 02, 2002 at 12:25 PM »
Gladiator..

My Sharp 21" TV color turns green. But if i turn it on and off several times, the normal tint/color returns. However, it sometimes turns back to green and I had to turn it off/on again to restore normal color.

What parts or repair is needed for my TV.  I think minor repair is needed but would need your advice.

Btw, how long is your repair warranty?

Thanks!

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2002 at 01:08 PM »

Gladiator..

My Sharp 21" TV color turns green. But if i turn it on and off several times, the normal tint/color returns. However, it sometimes turns back to green and I had to turn it off/on again to restore normal color.

What parts or repair is needed for my TV.  I think minor repair is needed but would need your advice.

Btw, how long is your repair warranty?

Thanks!

Furry, ano ito? The Incredible Hulk? Galit ang tv mo sa iyo! hahaha!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 02, 2002 at 01:39 PM »
hahaha! meowpao, gusto mo regalo ko na lang itong tv ko sa iyo! hahaha :) medyo hassle manood ng home theater. gusto ko na paayos! marami nga ako nakikitang Fix-It na shops eh. I'll wait for gladiator's reply na lang. :)

Offline jael

• Collector
  • Still trying hard...
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 02, 2002 at 02:24 PM »

gladiator, do you repair defective japan surplus TVs? para pag bumili ako at least, alam ko na kung saan ako magpapaayos.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies

Offline dannyb

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 02, 2002 at 04:31 PM »
BOSING, ANO ANG CONTACT NUMBER MO

Offline aRujoN

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 202
« Reply #19 on: Jul 05, 2002 at 04:03 PM »
Gladiator,
      May i also know your contact number? I have an amp that needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2002 at 04:18 PM by Arujon »

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Paging Gladiator!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2002 at 12:38 AM »
Paging Gladiator! Where are you man? andami mo nang customer na nakapila  ;D

;) almondski

Offline gladiator

• Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 10, 2002 at 12:54 AM »
Hi sorry guys for the late reply... kinda busy lately eh. anyways, here's my replies to your inquiries. You can contact my Fix It Shop at tel# 415-0964 and look for Malou. Thanks!

Almondski,

how's the video quality? do you hear the same noise while recording? I suspect your unit might just require gen. cleaning on the video head and the entire mechanical assembly bec. as you said you haven't used it for quite some time. It's a good idea to have it checked at once before trying to test it again. Thanks!

Furry,

There's a number of causes for your unit's defect. There might be a problem with the CRT Socket, some leaked capacitors, System IC, Video/Color IC for your unit. All these parts have something to do with controlling the colors that appear on the screen. The color turning completely green means that both the red and blue CRT guns is not working properly or is not being displayed at all. BTW, we give 3 months limited warranty on labor. Try to bring it in my shop nalang. Thanks!

Jael,

Yup dude we also repair japan surplus tvs although sometimes it becomes unfeasible to have it repaired bec. you can buy them very cheap. Also, beware when buying surplus appliances bec. oftentimes the unit's already been "modified" by techies from the pier just to have it work but when it breaks down, it's a complete mess and makes it very hard to service it!

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 10, 2002 at 02:50 PM »

Almondski,

how's the video quality? do you hear the same noise while recording? I suspect your unit might just require gen. cleaning on the video head and the entire mechanical assembly bec. as you said you haven't used it for quite some time. It's a good idea to have it checked at once before trying to test it again. Thanks!

Thanks gladiator, ok naman ang video during recording & playback, malinaw. The sound noise is only during playback. Any possibility that the damage is the built-in microphone?? Nahihiram din kasi ito ng mga tropa so merong chances na nabagsak but not sure, and this might affect the sensitivity of the built-in microphone?

Thanks again!
almondski

Offline gladiator

• Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 15, 2002 at 12:08 AM »
almondski,

try testing it with old tapes you've recorded and compare it with new footage you recorded recently. Chances are, if the old tapes have the same problem the mic has nothing to do with it. Hope this helps.  8)

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 15, 2002 at 10:43 PM »
Its tested working fine with old tapes, both video & audio are clear. The problem in audio only exist  in new recordings.

Thanks gladiator  ! I appreciate your advise  :)

almondski

Offline tekkies

• Collector
  • www.photos.ph/tekkies
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jul 21, 2002 at 11:51 AM »
do you have a complete list of the Fix it branches especially in Pampanga ?

and are you the accredited service center of Akira products ?

Offline madrigal

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 25, 2002 at 11:01 PM »
Hello,
 I have an NAD 701 stereo reciever.
 Sira daw ang IC?  as said by other repairmen.
 Can this still be fixed?  
 If i get the IC part in UK or US, can it be fixed? or does an IC have a generic type for all stereos?

TY.   txt me at 0919-594-1655 kung magagawa natin ng paraan.

Offline macks75

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • hey
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Aug 02, 2002 at 10:49 PM »
my sony component has no sound but it can be turned on   i think ic yun ano sa tingin mo

Offline igutz

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • we create the battery...
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Sep 04, 2002 at 09:45 AM »
gladiator:

hi!

wanna ask kung magkano kaya estimate ng pagawa ng TV na 110 na naisaksak sa 220...di ko magamit yung toshi bazooka 29" tv ko...please help...thanks!

u can txt me at 0917-4253589

Offline antoy

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Sep 25, 2002 at 10:05 PM »
gladiator,

do you fix computer monitors? I have a DTS 17" with a severe pincushion problem.  Please reply so I'd know if I have to look for another repair shop. Thanks