Author Topic: Rockstar-INXS  (Read 7436 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Rockstar-INXS
« Reply #30 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:21 PM »
SPOILERS for those who haven't seen the show yet:

What a show again! The Rockers sang songs their fans wanted them to sing plus an original composition! This is really getting very exciting! I was not so taken by JD's Come As You Are performance but was totally blown away by his original... I even forgot that it was an original! It was a superb rock song! The megaphone was pure genius!  ;D ;D

All the rest were good as well. I wasn't happy with Mig's performance again. Considering Hard to Handle is one of my favorite songs from my college days, he didn't give it justice. His original wasn't impressive also... I found myself thinking..."yeah yeah yeah... you can sing and play the piano... we already know that."

I didn't even bother voting for MiG... Me thinks MiG will be in the bottom 3 this week...  :-\

....loved Brooke Burke's outfit  ;) (hey... ba'' wala na yung "devil smiley???") Parang nightie  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:22 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 12:00 AM »
the megaphone is an old trick for replicating the "filtered" effect done in studio recording ... not really that original. but i gotta say tho, JD's original song ROCKED! only kink in the armor is that ever since he admitted to being an elvis impersonator early in his career... i keep seeing it na. the way he sings... how he writes ("pretty vegas"?? can't get more elvis that that! LOL.) down to whole "raised lip" thing. ugh!

suzy wasn't stellar today... but i'm hoping it's enough to keep her in.

bottom two for me have to be mig and jordis ... if jordis' fans vote their brains out this week. mig could be in serious trouble.  :( i just hoppe local mig fans aren't too caught up in the whole PBB phenomenon to forget voting for him.  ;)

and ... oh yeah, will someone please tell mig to stop dressing like a gay guy in mardi gras! he's got the abs to pull it off but it's not helping him at all.  ::)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 12:31 AM »
yep... the megaphone thing has been used by lots of bands already but parang bagay na bagay sa song nya...

actually even the way JD uses his hands (specifically the fingers) constantly during his performances are reminiscent of The King  ;D

MiG has lost his magic for me... the others kasi seem to be stepping up already while he's still doing the same things... I just hope he wakes up and starts to kick butt again... I would still hate hearing "MiG, you are just not right for our band INXS."  :P

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 06:59 PM »

mig lives to see another week...

poor jordis. she was right! she was spiralling down... for some reason, i think the pressure just got to her. poor gal.

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005 at 07:01 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 07:22 PM »
SPOILERS:

Goodbye Jordis... I think the pressure got to her. She's so young kasi and still inexperienced being in the limelight compared to the rest... her performances really deteriorated including the one kanina when she sang Need You Tonight-- she had no energy whatsoever  :P Sayang but kudos to her for reaching the Final 5

MiG is one lucky dude again escaping the bottom 3... IMHO, JD shouldn't have been in the bottom 3 but competition is really tight now and I really believe MiG is getting a lot of votes from Down Under and possibly Europe and from Asia ('Pinas siempre  ;D)... JDs poor attitude through out the competition may also be to blame for his being in the bottom 3 -- maybe fans are just not too eager to see him to the finals...  :P

With Marty, MiG, JD, and Suzie left, the final elimination next week is really going to be something to watch  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005 at 07:24 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 10:42 PM »
spaceman & jeck jeck, who were in the bottom three this week?  I missed the episode today.  Any reply sched? ???
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005 at 10:43 PM by ߪ®™ªn¹ª© »

Offline demented_angel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm wishing on a star, to follow where you are...
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 11:29 PM »
spaceman & jeck jeck, who were in the bottom three this week?  I missed the episode today.  Any reply sched? ???

replays later at 12:30 and 3:30am  8)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 11:41 PM »

Jordis, JD, and Suzie po... replays as given by demented_angel

just need to mention also that I was happy to hear Dave on guitars kanina! He rocks! Sana masmahaba lang solo nya!  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 11:41 PM »

in case you miss the replays the bottom three are: jordis, suzy and JD

EDITED TO ADD: LOL... naunahan ako ni jeck jeck. oh well, i'll just keep the spoiler tag just in case.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005 at 11:43 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:03 AM »
in case you miss the replays the bottom three are: jordis, suzy and JD

EDITED TO ADD: LOL... naunahan ako ni jeck jeck. oh well, i'll just keep the spoiler tag just in case.  ;)

sir OT question: How do you do your spoilers? I just change kasi my font to white but kita pa rin... yung sa yo invisible talaga...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:21 AM »
sir OT question: How do you do your spoilers? I just change kasi my font to white but kita pa rin... yung sa yo invisible talaga...

it's easy... note first if your post will fall on a "light grey" or "dark grey" box...

if light grey, use the this color: #EEEEEE

if dark grey, use: #DDDDDD

hope that helps.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:31 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:23 AM »
Jordis, JD, and Suzie po... replays as given by demented_angel

just need to mention also that I was happy to hear Dave on guitars kanina! He rocks! Sana masmahaba lang solo nya! ;D

Thanks guys! I can catch up pala. :)

I also  missed the the first part of the wednesday telecast where they're in the RockStar Manision.  Every when is that reply?

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:27 AM »
Thanks guys! I can catch up pala. :)

I also  missed the the first part of the wednesday telecast where they're in the RockStar Manision.  Every when is that reply?

the replay I know for the wednesday episodes is thursdays at 330AM so namiss mo na sir... wild yun!  ;D Suzie was drinking wine or champagne off of JD's toe while MiG poured it over JD's foot  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:31 AM »
the replay I know for the wednesday episodes is thursdays at 330AM so namiss mo na sir... wild yun!  ;D Suzie was drinking wine or champagne off of JD's toe while MiG poured it over JD's foot  ;D

actually the funniest part was when suzy licked off the cake tray after JD sat on it BARENAKED! lol... gross but funny!  :P

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:32 AM »
it's easy... note first if your post will fall on a "light grey" or "dark grey" box...

if light grey, use the this color: #EEEEEE

if dark grey, use: #DDDDDD

hope that helps.  ;D

salamat! Yeah! Super funny & wild yung party ni JD... even when they were all in the shower together  ;D These giys have really become close... sad to see another one of them leaving next week
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2005 at 12:34 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 02:06 PM »
Too bad Jordis got booted out. I kind of liked her. I picked Marty, only because I never really liked him  ;D
Amor Fati

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 06:33 PM »
Too bad Jordis got booted out. I kind of liked her. I picked Marty, only because I never really liked him  ;D

really?... i actually liked the guy from day one. the whole magician thing is so 70s rocker. no one really does that anymore. LOL.

lately tho, i've noticed he's been singing a la CREED-ish (or PEARL JAM-ish, if you prefer)... he sings much better in his natural tone.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2005 at 06:33 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 08:06 PM »
really?... i actually liked the guy from day one. the whole magician thing is so 70s rocker. no one really does that anymore. LOL.

lately tho, i've noticed he's been singing a la CREED-ish (or PEARL JAM-ish, if you prefer)... he sings much better in his natural tone.  ;D

Marty is good although he somehow reminds me of a young, blonde Steve Martin especially when he has his intense performance face on  ;D

I think he sings the grungy rock songs very well but "He is not right for our band INXS..." IMHO lang po... His style is not really a fit to the band as INXS had also pointed out before... I hate to admit it but JD's voice and style (these latter weeks) seems to be the one suited to step into Michael Hutchence's shoes...  :P

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #48 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 10:26 PM »
I agree.  It's going to be JD, IMHO (not that i'm a fan  :()

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 06:01 PM »
Brooke Burke is a goddess!  :o
Dave Navarro is a rock god!  :o

SPOILERS AHEAD:

What a show! What I had been wishing for was granted! Dave Navarro picked up his ax and played along with the house band! He really rocks!

Suzie had to sing Whats Up? and Interstate Love Song. I love that song by STP and IMHO Suzie didn't really give it justice.. .yeah, yeah her stage performance was good especially when she went down to the crowd but her singing didn't impress me today  :P

JD again did an amazing job with his re-reperformance of Pretty Vegas. He brought the house down again and with Dave on lead guitar doing his signature slides and bends, the song got a metal edge! Even JD's perfromance of Money was... right on the money  ;D I am convinced this guy will get the job or at least be in the Final 3.  ;D

Marty also reperformed his Trees original this time he did the acoustic version with himself and Dave playing guitars. He then sang Creep but as with Suzie's performance, I prefer the original version  :P

MiG, MiG, MiG ??? INXS was right in their assessment that MiG is too "goody goody" and too much of a theater performer to be a Rock Star. He was given a very dark and heavy song  - Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones - this song I also love because it was used as the theme for Tour of Duty... but MiG again managed to "sterilize" the darkness out of the song... his rendition was too sedate... even his rendition of Seal's Kiss From A Rose was not up too par with the original nor did it even come close...

I think with MiG's performance today plus the comments coming from INXS that he is too good natured, he may be the next one to go... I am pretty sure INXS will eliminate him if he lands in the bottom 3...  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2005 at 11:30 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 09:14 PM »
me thinks they'll eliminate Marty tommorow if INXS is given a chance.  He is a genuine rocker and he's actually my favorite.  I just got a feeling that  INXS thinks their music doesn't exactly jive with his style.

I have to agree that MiG's perfomance was just so-so.
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2005 at 11:01 PM by ߪ®™ªn¹ª© »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 10:52 PM »
does anybody have an mp3 of trees by marty?  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 03:12 AM »
actually... i disagree. "pretty vegas" works because it sounds like an INXS song! listen to "the strangest party" and "the gift". and main INXS songwriter andrew farris sees that. (andrew IMO is the TRUE genius of INXS ... i'd say about 70% of their catalogue is his music with michael's lyrics)  :P

i thought the whole family picture thing is a cheapshot. LOL. JD is just trying to brown nose INXS all over again... he's got charisma, i'll give him that. but andrew was quick to point out that he's irresponsible and difficult to deal with.

marty came off a little too cocky... but i still like the guy. his argument makes perfect sense tho... he can sing INXS back catalogue AND bring a new sound to INXS... something kids today can relate too.

suzy needs a personality implant... she's too jaded at this point. wake up girl. (or at the very least develop some semblance of a rock personality. LOL. she can learn a lot from JD and marty) i was disappointed at her version of an STP classic too. but i think (and this is just me...) next to jordis, she probably has the best studio voice of all the finalists right now. from what little i've heard, her version of the INXS song in the studio clinic was AWESOME!

mig... if u ask me... i think he just might be the next to go. he wask okay but i could see the band members wince deep inside as he roll-called his theater credits. LOL.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2005 at 03:19 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 03:16 AM »
Brooke Burke is a goddess!  :o
Dave Navarro is a rock god!  :o

actually, i've been tuning in to see what brooke will wear next... that lacy purple number she wore two weeks ago left me drooling. man! that neckline was "dee-licious"! LOL.

and today's outfit... let's just say i was hopin she would drop her mic. LOL.

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 05:56 PM »
does anybody have an mp3 of trees by marty?  ;D

you can download this from www.rickey.org along with "pretty vegas" While you're there, you can also read the comments of the blog's other readers. Some make sense while others are so funny, may conspiracy theory pa.

went to work late just so i can catch the live show this morning. In one word.... " Whew!!"
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2005 at 06:00 PM by garfield_3199 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 06:38 PM »
actually, i've been tuning in to see what brooke will wear next... that lacy purple number she wore two weeks ago left me drooling. man! that neckline was "dee-licious"! LOL.

and today's outfit... let's just say i was hopin she would drop her mic. LOL.

you'll be happy to know I have some jpegs of her Playboy photos from about 3 or 4 years ago when she was still he host of Wild on E!  ;D  ;D ;D

back to the show...

SPOILERS again:

Goobye Sweet Suzie McNeal... I knew INXS would not really go for a female lead! Suzie's weak performance of Suicide Blonde also didn't help her case... I do not like Suzie's versions of INXS songs... parang out of breath 'sya palagi...

MiG finally lands in the bottom 3... his rendition of What You Need was fantastic! I think it did him good to finally let the band hear him sing one of their songs... He actually sounded like Michael Hutchence... creepy...

So on to the finals next week! Grabe! This is exciting!
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2005 at 06:41 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 10:05 PM »
you can download this from www.rickey.org along with "pretty vegas" While you're there, you can also read the comments of the blog's other readers. Some make sense while others are so funny, may conspiracy theory pa.

went to work late just so i can catch the live show this morning. In one word.... " Whew!!"

thanks, so many links  ;D

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Sep 15, 2005 at 11:06 PM »
thanks, so many links ;D

Rickey's blog can get pretty overwhelming, since he blogs about a dozen different reality shows, the main ones being American Idol, Rockstar INXS and So You Think You Can Dance (which I wish Star World or some local channel picked up). If you're looking for just clips of Rockstar INXS, go here:

http://www.rickey.org/blog/rock_star_inxs/index.html

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 01:21 PM »
From moviepoopshoot.com

"Photos of the Week
Ryall: Well, JD had my vote early on to take over singing chores for INXS (and I do think it's gonna be a chore), since he had the right "obnoxious lead singer" attitude all along. And here he proved that with this shirt that somehow slipped past all of CBS's censors. [Hint: look at it sideways]:"

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 11:48 PM »
From moviepoopshoot.com

"Photos of the Week
Ryall: Well, JD had my vote early on to take over singing chores for INXS (and I do think it's gonna be a chore), since he had the right "obnoxious lead singer" attitude all along. And here he proved that with this shirt that somehow slipped past all of CBS's censors. [Hint: look at it sideways]:"

i want one! that shirt was so cooool!  ;D